Reviews of Sunshine Letting Self Catering Apartments

15 Kei Apple Road, Planet Africa, Sea Point, Sea Point, 8001 Cape Town, South Africa

#229 of 387 Holiday rentals in Cape Town

Based on 256 apartment reviews

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

False advertising
    • Studio Apartment

The toilet was dirty the seats were a nightmare,was nothing like the ad ,freaking cold both heaters were not working ,called management four times on the check out morning no response hot water in the kitchen was not coming out the list is long Let me jst say I’m soooooooooooo extremely dissatisfied disappointed and annoyed.

The helpers tried

Perfect for a Weekend Away
    • Studio Apartment

- Check-in process could've been a bit smoother - A couple lights and taps that need to be replaced/fixed - Would've preferred an HD DStv Decoder with the Premium package and access to the USB slots on the TV - No soap or sponge for the shower - A bit of noise from children running around

- Got a free room upgrade thanks to the quiet time of year - Location and gym facilities were perfect for our needs - Room was nice and clean and comfortable - Once checked-in and settled, we were left to our own devices and undisturbed

The apartment was nice enough but spoilt by the...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

There was a party going on directly under our apartment by the pool until 3am The night we arrived. We got no sleep until 3am The following night I think the noise stopped around midnight but I was so exhausted I may have just slept through it.

The apartment was nice enough but spoilt by the inconsiderate noisy residents

Bad experience will never stay again at this accommodation
    • Studio Apartment with Patio

Pictures on both bookings.com and property website did not match with reality. Bookings.com also over charged for the accommodation and fail to refund the difference even with providing proof of lower rate for same accommodation advertised with another company. Accommodation was not cleaned by the staff on the scheduled days also bed linen was not changed. Was difficult to contact the host to request clean linen etc

The location to shops and Waterfront and tourist attractions were good

Gave decent value for the money.
    • Studio Apartment with Patio

We expected a sofa in the room, but were told that it was given to a different guest. We couldn't find the pool, and the hosts weren't working in the evening when we went looking for ut.

The location was good, and the staff arranged for us to be picked up at the airport (for a fee).

The locatoin was brilliant and vibrante Sea Point could be...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The pans where very old and unusable, it would be great if they replace certain things in the kitchen area.

The locatoin was brilliant and vibrante Sea Point could be explored by foot

The "5 person" Apartment is actually a 4 person and will charge you for the 5th person per NIGHT
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Liars and cheats! I wasn't going to write this review, but now I will since I see they have not kept their promise of updating their listing I will. Long story short, you guys see that 5 person 2 bedroom apartment they have? Yeah it's actually a 4 person room, they will CHARGE you for the 5th person per night! How did I encounter this? We paid a 50% deposit for two of the 5 person 2 bedroom apartments. But upon check in, forgetting this fact, we overpaid by paying the deposit full amount and not the remainder 50%. What does Sunshine Letting do? They create this charge and refuse to refund me the money and making one excuse after another and ONLY refunded me when I got booking.com involved! DON'T STAY HERE

Great area

It was the perfect home from home
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

My only negatives would be we had two single beds pushed together instead of a double and the bathroom could get a little smelly from the drains.

The location was perfect with a really good sized food store at the end of the road. The apartment it’s self was decorated really nice and the kitchen was equipped with everything we could possibly need. When we arrived Beth was waiting for us with our keys and gave us a quick tour of the place and was so helpful throughout our stay at the end of the phone whenever we needed her for advice on where to eat to where to book excursions.

very lovely and we dont might to stay there again. easy access to private and public transport
    • Studio Apartment

the room under our apartment , the travellers were smoking, so we have a problem with cigarette smell

the bed was extra comfortable and friendly staff the staff went extra mile to wash our dishes because we ran late and forgot to wash the dishes. we arrive early but we manage to secure our luggage and get access to the building while waiting for our room to be prepared

Good stay in Cape Town
    • Studio Apartment with Patio

The apartment could be rated as excellent if they put AC. In summer the apartment is too hot and needs AC. You can’t open the windows as many mosquitoes come in and don’t let you sleep.

The biased treatment from Beth who unreasonably assumed that...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The biased treatment from Beth who unreasonably assumed that when she received a complaint about noise from neighbours it was coming from our flat as she did not call the occupants of the next unit.

Spacious 2-bedroom apartment.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Internet-connection could be better. And there was hot water in only one of the two bathrooms.

Spacious 2-bedroom apartment. Location is good, not far from the beach.

Very poor stay with very unfriendly and unhelpful management,,, with bad attitude,, Bethnee
    • Studio Apartment with Patio

My friend traveled to Cape Town on holiday and wanted to spend two night with her kids at your property that we found on booking.com.First my friend was charged for extra bed when payment was made for 3 adults, the invoice was send the day when my friend arrived,,, and when this was questioned we were told by Bethnee to sort this out with booking.com. The shower didn't work and we we're told that the room only gets serviced after 3 nights stay,, we asked clean towels atleast and were told they are very busy and no towels was given. My friend was then told that this is policy and it's just how it is. The communication and introduction system is very poor and we really regret booking this property.

Shoshanna was very accommodating. Thank you.
    • Studio Apartment

The fact that there was only one washing machine and dryer made it rather impractical to use. Always prefer two sheets rather than bottom sheet and duvet. but understand if water is a problem.

Bed very comfortable and sheet good.

Nice location, good for the price
    • Studio Apartment with Patio

Too many stairs. Safe inside the room was faulty and management didn't arrive until next morning to open it.

Nice spacious and clean rooms, ample parking

The best place I stayed in Cape Town. The service matches the interior design n decor. I highly reco
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The staff are excellent. The best and well mannered staff i met in my week n half visit to Cape Town. Thank you Roshaan. An excellent manager.

The apartments
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The apartment was dark and very cold at night. It was on the ground floor and next to the street - quite noisy.

The terrace overlooking the garden and pool was nice to relax.

• Studio Apartment with Patio

Parking by the wall not so good. If parking would slant just like the parking facing the pool area.

The manager was very nice. The room was spacious and comfortable blankets. Beautiful pool area, facilities in the room were functional. Wifi was also great, was able to finish my assignments whilst there!!!!

good location - clean apartment - not really child friendly...

good location - clean apartment - not really child friendly - we were asked to keep child queit - we were woken up at 3am in the morning with noise from another apartment - there was tea in the apartment - no coffee @ the other apartment we had we couldn't get the lid off the cannister

A great value for money, just lacked a few minor points as to hospitality and cleanliness. We
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The WiFi had poor connection. And the cleanliness of the rooms were not 100%, The pillows looked torn in the guest bedroom, there were alot of dust pile up behind the units, The bins always had may flies when we arrived at first. The other problem was that the kitchen basin the water came out very slow. The solution to cleanliness in this place, must be that they offer to clean the rooms every day which is what other hotels and accommodation places implement.

I loved the location that it was near public amenities and near the checkers, spar etc a walk away and very accessible.

Great place, nice getaway for two, wonderful. Pack your own soap, shampoo and dish drying cloth tho.
    • Studio Apartment with Patio

I would suggest them adding soaps and shampoos to the rooms and also bath robes. Also I would suggest adding a wall socket by the bed for those with a laptop or who just want to charge their phone nearby. Also there was no dish drying cloth in the kitchen, which was a bit problematic for my girlfriend.

The bed was nice, the rooms design and flow from each area perfect for two. The place is spacious and flowed nicely from kitchen to bathroom to bedroom to lounge to the beautiful peaceful garden area. Very nicely put together. Safe area, safe place, quiet. All in all besides my suggestions it was a nice place to stay and get away for the weekend.

Lots of comfort close to beach and shops.
    • Studio Apartment with Patio

Noise of taxies at night time. Neighbours that came in at early morning hours and made noise.

Safety, gym, pool, close to promenade for walks and lots of space for unpacking clothes.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Room 20.
    • Studio Apartment

Everything was of low standardsThe room is not well kept.

Room 20.The shower is not working.Not enough cutlery.The worst was the limited TV chanels.The chairs were not comfortable.The toilet paper was of poor standard.curtains are not clean.Pots do not have lids.I had to clean all doors handles because they were greasy dirty.There is a full stay resident at room 20 who always wanted me not to talk in my own room because he said i must not talk loud even though i was on the.He promised to deal with me if he hears my voice again and he is male and i beeing a female traveling alone i got really scared.Hee i have never seen this.THE TV WAS CHAINED.CHAINED I SAY.MYbe they thought i will steal it.On my last day i was not allowed to stay longer even though my plane was in the evening and i did inform them when i arrived.I will never reccommend them to anyone.The owner of room 22 must top up his room it outdated and not to the stanard of Cape Town especially Sea Point.I paid a lot of money around R8900 but for such a low standard room.I feel room 20 is not even worth R500 per night.I was not happy during my stay.not at all.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

The shower continually overflowed, the bar fridge over iced...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The shower continually overflowed, the bar fridge over iced up door barely closed, as was not defrosted prior to arrival. Did not see any tea/coffee/milk as complementary on arrival which would have been nice seeing as we had came in from Paternoster and are mature ladies of 70 and 64years.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Location and facilities, simply fantastic.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Nothing really to be reported, it was simply perfect.

Staff really helpful, e.g : at the first, the apartment did not have a table with chairs, (as showed and proposed by booking.com reservation pictures) but the day after they delivered and installed a brand new table with 4 chairs.

Great family and couple apartments.

No air conditioning, but did provide fans. At times, people staying there could be very loud in the early hours of the morning (2 AM).

Located close to the beach, bus pickup and shops, just a quick walk, although no noise pollution from people and cars. Has a great recreation area for BBQ (Braai) with swimming pool. Also very secure, for people and cars. Any questions or requirements put forward to hiring agent was done immediately with a smile.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Location is very good near to restaurants and supermarket.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

No AC but the weather was good at night . The room windows was directly to the street on the ground floor.

Location is very good near to restaurants and supermarket. Good and safe parking area for the car .

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Really Amazing
    • Studio Apartment with Patio

Other visitors kept taking our allocated parking bay. Also, some of the residents that live there had the TV's up loud all hours. It was ok once we closed all the doors and windows.

The location was terrific. Roshaan was extremely helpful and friendly. The facilities were good. Easy to get in and out. The unit was nice overall. Lots of cupboard space.

The accommodation was very nice, I travelled as a single...

Area.

The accommodation was very nice, I travelled as a single parent and felt completely safe within the accommodation. I felt vulnerable all the time I was outside the accommodation. Although there was no particular reason for this. Wifi was intermittent, but this appears to be the same wherever you are. Bed super comfy. Be warned do not park in the wrong bay, people are very possessive of their parking spaces, even if someone is parked in your bay and there are plenty of spaces! Got properly told off!

Not very bad
    • Studio Apartment with Patio

Lack of Provision of tea and bath foam The shower was not working properly The garden chairs were not clean

Accessibility to parking and helpfulness on the part of staff as well as quiteness. Cleanliness of the cabinets, pots and dishes Security friendliness

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Cosy flat with pool area
    • Studio Apartment with Patio

Transiently the internet didn't work and I had to really put my foot down to get the service I wanted, which I got .... eventually

They left you to your own devices! If your visiting family and need a home away from home this place is perfect and they let you have guests in the Braai/pool area

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• Studio Apartment

A few missing and broken items but once these were brought to the management attention this was rectified. A bit more attention to maintenance would help.

Location. Cleanliness. Comfort. wifi. Studio was tidied and linen changed every second day.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Liked everything , however the photos showed photos of flats...
    • Studio Apartment with Patio

Indoor parking. A balcony or terrace. A real beach close by.

Liked everything , however the photos showed photos of flats with either balcony or patio. Ours had neither. Also although a 4 min to the beach sadly besides the wonderful peer there wasnt a sanded beach for swimming.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Good secure location, but mouldy dated rooms, needs renovating.
    • Studio Apartment with Patio

Very run down, old apartment. Not as we saw from the photos when we booked. Bathroom and kitchen very dated and all of the kitchen equipment had a very strong mouldy smell. The double bed was two beds pushed together. The walls must be thin as you can hear doors slamming and any conversations going on outside.

Great location, right next to all the shops and restaurants. Very secure, and private car parking which was a real bonus.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

We were like at home
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Need to change items of kitchen such us knifes because didn't cut and the peelers, we didn't find opener cannedwe

The good location, noisy in the night with the windows open. Good terrace to view the pool and good security

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Good short stay unit
    • Studio Apartment with Patio

Sofa bed very uncomfortable. Dryer in laundry took coins but did not work. Urine smell in bathroom.

Good location. Shopping centre at the end of the road. Our unit had a lovely secluded garden area. Unit was small but had everything we needed. Secure parking.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Would recommend.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Sometimes the other guests could be a bit noisy in the corridors, but I guess you could have that anywhere.

Great location, really nice interiors, friendly staff, great facilities. Really near to a supermarket and coffee shops etc. A home away from home.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Our Stay at Sunshine Letting Self Catering in Sea Point Cape Town
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Check in Process was delayed. Room was not ready on time. People were smoking in their rooms and by the pool area despite clear signs and instructions not to smoke.

Location is amazing. Sea Point is so beautiful and amazing. Access to all facilities is a walk away. Very Tranquil and peaceful

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Great central location for Cape Town and local beaches
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Very hot in the afternoon, would benefit from aircon. Also a bit disappointing that the dvd player did not work and despite asking it to be fixed it did not happen.

Great central location for Cape Town and local beaches

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

We used to get up have breakfast and leave and comeback only in the night to sleep.
    • Studio Apartment with Patio

No aircon very bad for summer. Very loud neighbour had his music loud most of the time. Very poor wifi connectivity. Worked on first 2 days well then dint work at all.

Nice apartment and convenient location.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Nice sea point apartment
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Only cleaned I've every two days but didn't count first day. Meant our room was only cleaned the day before we left.

Nice pool and bbq area. Secure location.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Beautiful location and size of room, but more attention to details needed
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

No zircon, a fan just doesn't cut it in this heat. The room wasn't serviced at all during my stay - the information said just the first 2 days weren't serviced but then it should've been done on the 3rd day, but it wasn't. The TV wasn't working either

Lovely size of the room.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Great apartment
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The only issue I could raise was the sofa bed was a bit short but as we also had the main sofa this wasn't a problem

Great facilities and lovely and clean apartment

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

all they care is money
    • Studio Apartment with Patio

They are eager for money. We were planning to bring our baby with us so requested a baby bed. Than plans changed requested to cancel the bed for the baby. They still charged for it. Way too expensive for what you get. Although we were three persons, they brought 2 towels only. Cleaning is once in two days. There were ants in the apartment. Even though I paid for the apartment, we left one day early. The couch for the third person is small. I'm 180 cm and I couldn't fit. I will definitely look for somewhere else next time.

parking is available.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

6.0
    Excellent location just needs a little more comfort.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Beds: not comfortable. Had requested a double bed as advertised but didnt get it. Showers: floors need scrubbing and door needs fixing. Couch: not comfortable. Could be bigger/3 sitter would be a better option. More sports on DSTv.

Security is good and enviroment is great. Moti was a great help

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Location was perfect and safe, 2 minutes from the shops,...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Location was perfect and safe, 2 minutes from the shops, fantastic apartment, our letting agent was most helpful and very accommodating, I will return for sure

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Pleasantly surprised!! Just Perfect :)
    • Studio Apartment

Everything - Comfortable, clean, well appointed, lovely courtyard, well equipped kitchen. Well situated. Had everything one requires to relax and enjoy a good holiday :))

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

They had my luggage in my room on arrival that was really...
    • Studio Apartment

There was no dustbin in the kitchen, and no view. In future even if its an extra cost let clients choose if they would like a view. Also 6pm check in is too early for a deadline for people that are there for business as we finsih working around that time.But i was really grateful that the guy waited for me.

They had my luggage in my room on arrival that was really awesome!

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Noisy but nice
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The early morning noise of the staff was a bit to much. We stayed for eight nights and only got our bed changed once and that was on the day before we left.

The area was good and felt safe, the little garden was a plus.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Pleasant and well located
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Shower door in main bedroom did not close. Freezer frosted and couldn't be used.

Staff friendly and always willing to help. Location excellent - always easy to access main areas.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

just ok
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Our room was close to the main road, it was noisy late at nigt and early hours Cleaning was done once in the whole week we were there

The place was beautiful

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Very clean flat
    • Studio Apartment with Patio

Nothing. I will definitely be staying there the next time I come to Cape Town, and will tell others about it.

Everything about the property. Excellent service from the ladies that received us! Great DSTV channels, Wi-Fi that actually works, private and safe complex.

Layouts of the room and easy Access

Layouts of the room and easy Access

Decor on the apartment.

Decor on the apartment.

Beautiful
    • Studio Apartment

Excellent choice for a family
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Lots of space, well furnished, good security, gym and pool ideal for our needs

Enjoyable and relaxed.
    • Studio Apartment with Patio

Very friendly and helpful staff. Location very good for closeness to facilities, travel into Cape Town and the beach. Very comfortable bed.

Fantastic Stay

Coming home

Location cleanliness facilities

Great location, great value of Money, Home away from home.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The sofa bed isnt comfortable.

The bed was very comfortable, great location, well equipped, value of Money.

Nice studio, well located

Not applicable

Nice Simple Appartements for short visit to Capetown.

Unfortunatly a Water Leak in Bathroom on the Day Before we arrived.

Super Location

Swimming pool, Gym and accommodation.
    • Studio Apartment with Patio

Swimming pool, Gym and accommodation... ALL were excellent!!

A centralised place for a comfortable stay
    • Studio Apartment with Patio

Great location, comfortable accommodation.

Great stay at Sushine
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The location is good as well.

Had a fabulous stay no Cape Town
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

There was a couple of safety aspects that were a little concerning

The size of the apartment was better than expected

Planet Africa
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

There was no air conditioning

Being close to so many things

5.5
    The pictures on booking.
    • Studio Apartment with Patio

The pictures on booking.com does not reflect the reality we experienced. The apartment and outdoors facilities needs a brush up.

Clean convenient place to stay.
    • Studio Apartment with Patio

Needs Better signage- indicating Sunshine Letting was Planet Afrika. Also room a little run down although very clean.

Lovely pool

We enjoyed our stay.

Shower door didn’t close

Comfortable beds. Pretty furnishings

Good location, overall average
    • Studio Apartment with Patio

Really bad communication by owner, No respons on e-mail contact. Bed was broken and really bad. No information for check-out!

Close to waterfront

the view was poor

Close to waterfront

Wouldn't recommend or stay there again.
    • Studio Apartment with Patio

Decor shabby and cleanliness of a poor standard.

Nice appartment, close to sea, safe,.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Wifi connection was not good enough.

Nice appartment, close to sea, safe,...

Everything was superb