Reviews of Cape Diamond Boutique Hotel 3 stars

Corner of Longmarket and Parliament Street, 8001 Cape Town, South Africa

#132 of 152 hotels in Cape Town

• Standard Single Room

A spoon if used for yoghurt the previous day still had yoghurt stains are house-keeping.

The staff were super helpful and had a warm welcoming attitude.

I think the guest before me might have smoked in my room? Other than that. Fabulously surprised with the value for money.

Such a fabulous surprise!!! Loved loved loved the funky location, friendly staff and the rooms were really comfortable.

• Standard Single Room

My shower was EXTREMELY dirty had to show the managers the "mud sort of dirt " i collected from the corners of the shower which was pretty DISGUSTING. Ate the same sore of breakfast for 5 consecutive days Carpet had a funny odor

The room was good, Bed was very comfortable and extremely clean, Location is perfect not so far from the night life and extremely quiet when you wanna relax

• Standard Twin Room

Parking was a nightmare as it wasn't explained prior to arrival.

Rooms were clean and well-sized. I must also compliment the breakfast and the restaurant in general.

above

Very little. I was sent to my room which was the wrong room and was under construction. The night porter was under the influence. It was terrible. The receptionist did not talk- he shouted and it was 4 in the morning.

The staff were rude especially the lady called Agget or something to that effect who was on reception duty on`Saturday morning. the room we were allocated had a bad odor , like wet carpet odor, room 207

No toilet brush. Basin water was cold, only the shower had hot water.

Breakfast was awesome! Rooms were comfy and clean. Free unlimited WiFi was great. Thoroughly enjoyable stay.

• Standard Single Room

Towels where rather tired, which made the smallish room feel not as smart as one one would expect. The lady on reception was not very welcoming , and spent time talking with others leaving me wondering what's was going on.

Wonderful friendly staff at breakfast room. Very central, and yet room was very quiet.

I never received feedback on my request made with the booking. I phoned 3 times and was guaranteed after the third call that we would have two single beds. We ended up with a double bed. They were not able to change when we booked in and did not offer any form of compensation

The room we were given was 101 this room and any others on each floor adjacent to the lift are to noisy due to the lift doors and people talking and waiting for the lifts especially at night.

Situation of the hotel central and near all amenities.

Room was tiny! Could barely fit a double bed and had no where to put our luggage. Had to use stairs for last level because elevator didn’t go to 8th floor and no porter was offered to assist us.

Comfortable bed Nice little balcony

We booked a room with 6years child there was only double/queen bed but no place for child to sleep, despite booking says room for couple and 6years baby. Bed would be too small for all 3 of us. The manager Indian lady (I think her name natasha) refused to assist me until my wife really tore them and they gave us room with couch which could use bed for my daughter

Central location.

• Standard Single Room

Very loud! You can hear the elevator very clearly and all the people walking around. There is a some traffic outside and of course you can hear ever car that is driving.

In the center of town.

I had to fight to get better rooms for my family. We actually changed rooms 3 or 4 times before we were okay with it. Parking is a nightmare. That has to be sorted out. Parking allocation does not make sense at all. Definitely not value for money. I sent special request through Booking.com which they claim they never received. If you list properties on your site, I think you should check them out first and rate them yourselves. The experience has left me very disappointed and not sure whether I'd want to book through your site again.

Bath (hello we have water restrictions), toilet is small, room smells like sewerage. Worse experience. Lift door bangs the entire night !

Location very close to all amenities and staff always friendly and excellent room service !

Informal arrangement in respect of parking, no allocation of specific parking bays, and the lift within the hotel needs modification.

Room very practical, neat, and the hotel in general very orderly and and a sense of personal safety within the parimeters of the hotel. A sense of discipline in the hotel and helpful staff.

I booked a double room with a double bed. When I got to my room there were 2 single beds. When I called to enquire about this ibwas told i did book a double room but house keeping had already left so u could not change my room or have it converted to a double bed. I Was not happy about this.

The surrounding and location.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

NO SHOWERS in the rooms??? That is a basic facility. I had to book a different apartment around the corner to be next to be next to my friends

The location was absolutely central for the purpose of our visit ... walking distance to all amenities

Nothing at all. The hotel stinks and the customer service is even worse. I am nothing recommending it to anyone I like.

It was bit of a shock to realise that the payment was for Accommodation only and not for breakfast. Also, $70 a night for parking is a bit high.

The Staff were very friendly and helpful. It is centrally located, so we could walk to a number of places close by even though we had a car.

Better Hospitality. They let me wait for more than an hour after I had already secured my booking to check in and was unable to assist me to check out on a good note when I had only delayed my check out by an hour due to an important meeting going on longer than expected. I had to pay R350 to get my bags. The person at reception could not produce the policy on which he was basing the fine on after I requested to see it. The manager also needs to develop her leadership skills and get inducted to the hospitality industry. I will be back in Cape Town this weekend but will not be staying at the Cape Diamond hotel.

I am not impressed with the hospitality and inability to think on their feet of the staff at the Cape Diamond Hotel. I will not be returning.

We initially booked a room with a double bed but when we got to the room we found two single beds pushed together!..we decided to leave it as is because we didn't want to make a fuss...next time I just hope that does not happen.

Well I liked the staff and the service they gave.I had a bit of a problem with my booking but they helped me nicely and my booking was kept.

The facility doesn't meet the standard of a hotel. The booking agency is very terrible. The male receptionist is very rude even on the phone. The wooden tiles are looking bad. Guests queries take long to be attended to.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

The immediate environment (especially towards the Company Gardens), is not so great anymore - beggars... But there's nothing that the hotel can do about that!

The hotel is only about 3 blocks away from the Hop-on-hop-off bus pickup point in Long Street. The hotel offers good value for money. Lovely breakfast (although with the room I booked, I had to pay extra for the breakfast)

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

I had coackroaches in my room and that feedback was given to the receptionis. Parking its a nightmare, maybe you should have someone parking cars for guest.

The food was good and the staff very friendly

Very small size of rooms. No watch in the room for time display. Shower area too small. Lack of outside view and small windows.

Good location. Service of staff.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

I didnt like the fact that when i arrived in my room,i got two single beds when i had requested a double bed. I was told il be sent to another room with a bigger bed,only to get there to a smaller room with a big bed. I appreciate the fact that the stuff was very accomodating and my needs were met,we ended up getting the 1st room,the two single beds were converted to a double bed. Something that couldve been done before we arrived,it wouldve saved everyone time as i had to go up and down to find a good room. What i also didnt like is the fact that i was woken up very early by housekeeping,waaaay before my check out time and therefore making it very uncomfortable for us to sleep in and enjoy our last few hours at the hotel.

I honestly like almost everything about the hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

The worst property u could ever stay no sleep noisy staff are not willing to help , all they want is to take your money. Location u get harassed by bums and druggies

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

The way the employees deal with food. They used their hands on everything instead of using gloves. Especially people on kitchen and the waiters. Flies over the yogurt/fruits during breakfast.

See through kitchen. Attendants at the restaurant were friendly. Well located close to the places I had to go everyday (Hospitals, labs, shops, restaurants,etc.).

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

1 - There was a stinch in the halls when on the way to your room. 2 - They didn't even follow a single request I put in when I booked the room about 4 MONTHS before checking in. I really found that ridiculous!

I like that the receptionist helped me with the problem I had (they double debitted my credit card)

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Window view was an opposite wall, I understand that some rooms will have a wall view but does it have to be so grey? Also the food was very expensive here and breakfast not included in room price. We ate elsewhere each morning and night as a result.

Azaad, the hotel worker, was always smiling and offering to help, this place is so central, a short walk from Bree Street and Long Street, 2 great locations for bars and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

At arrival front desk attendan was very bad. He demand for the c.card I made the booking (even this was not explain at the booking info). He didnt want to give us the room even we show ID info and even Booking customer support confirm all was OK. It was absurd because we couldnt cancel the booking (there was cancellation fees) but he didnt want to give us the room because we didnt have the credit card I used to make the booking. Finally I had to access my booking account to change the c.card info. At the end I spend more than 1 hour to fixed the absurd intolerance of the fron desk guy. Very bad service.

Room quite big and modern

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Nothing really. Just the instant coffee in the room was a bit tasteless. But we enjoyed the tea

The staff were very friendly and ready to help at any time. The room was nice and very comfortable. We enjoyed our stay at The Cape Diamond. This was our second visit to this hotel

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Parking was expensive We were given twin beds There was a door between the 2 rooms sa I was able to hear the neighbour's music, foot steps etc. my previous stays were much better before

The bathroom

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

The walls are flimsy. It is not nice not to be able to sleep because the neighbours just talk to each other.

Friendly staff Packed sandwich for a very early start

I book a room with king bed as I was with my wife but I was given two twins which were uncomfortable I wake up in between beds , phone was not working at all in the room .parking is night mare

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

The hotel was not easy to find . The floor in the rooms was had blocks that came loose and I stubbed my toe on it more than once . There where cockroaches crawling down the walls .

The customer service was awesome .

Location, cold shower, parking not conjusive

Comfort

Nice place for aweekend away

N

• Standard Single Room

flexibility of staff in organising replacements for gluten allergents.

• Standard Twin Room

Room was smallish

The food

• Standard Single Room

Wifi login instructions wasn't clear, I prefer a written instructions as well.

Is a wonderful place, clean and great location for a cbd person

• Standard Single Room

The staff especially the short lady

The breakfast

Would have liked a shower though, but everything else was perfect

Everything was perfect just how I prefer it. Thank you

Breakfast was awesome...

• Standard Single Room

the staff,not smiling or friendly

the bed was extra comfy

• Standard Single Room

The loud noise from nearby, during the weekend.

I mostly like the friendliness of the staff, which were very helpful at all time.

Seemed like the hotel was just built to make money off its location and nothing else. Hospitality zero.

Close to town

excellent special thanks to Noxi at breakfast and food services, she is very good and took extra care of her customers. keep it up.

Conveniently located

You have to pay seperately for breakfast and parking

The location is superb and teh staff friendly

Staff

Food was amazing

I loved it and it was my first time going to a hotel.... realy enjoyed myself.

Perfect, you get what you pay for, thus no bad points for this rate and location.

Excellent value for money central hotel

Wifi wasn't working properly

Everything except the wifi

The window didn't close properly and with the strong wind it was very annoying

The service and cleanliness

Really good service and felt really safe as a woman travelling alone.

The escalator wasn’t working. The bedding was sub standard. The room that I wanted wasn’t the room that I got.

The roof top

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Nice rooms, clean and well located. The downstairs bar was good and convenient for a drink. Reception staff very friendly.

Would have liked to see more electrical outlets. Travelers these days need to recharge their batteries, literally, at the end of the day.

State and room

Staff

Tiny room; old lift: mouldy shower; air spray in passages overwhelming. Very expensive indeed for little value

The noise from the lift that came on every few minutes

The room with the balcony and amazing view

No menus in the room for room service.

The food

improvement needed

Kept slipping between two single beds .Was on honeymoon

Nothing .Was disappointed

Great hotel the staff was very patient and welcoming.

Parking, room

• Standard Single Room

Awesome stay, super friendly staff and extremely accommodating. Great service

Breakfast was superb

Centrally located

the service was great ,

Location, location location!

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

I had to move from the 8th floor to the 3rd floor as there was a strong sewage smell of the 8th floor

all ok