Reviews of The Cape Milner 4 stars

2 A Milner Road, 8010 Cape Town, South Africa

#46 of 152 hotels in Cape Town

Wonderfull friendly staff, great location. Good value for money!
    • Double or Twin Room

Small attention to detail ie removing food and water bottle from the bar fridge left by previous guests.

Great location. Personal touch. Flexible with requests.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Save water? TV not working in one of our room which was your suite room! Supposed to be the best room? Yet couldn’t watch TV? All this could have been prevented if only checking was done before guest arrival.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Additional payment for parking?!
    • Luxury Room

I was truly annoyed that I had to pay an additional R50 for parking; I have NEVER had that experience at a hotel before. As stated the inside of the room was lovely, but it was quite a distance from reception along weird balconies and up a steep narrow outside staircase, in the rain... The bath didn't have a plug. I know very well that Cape Town has the water crisis; we would have used the same amount of water as a shower, but the receptionist would simply not give me one; despite the notice saying that we should ask. Also, being heavily involved in agriculture in the Western Cape I am acutely aware of the water situation, so did not appreciate the lecture on it. There was ongoing construction work; but I am starting to think that that those men with their power tools simply follow me around at every hotel that I stay in.

The inside of the room was very well appointed and the decor and finishings were good.

The cleanliness and spaciousness of the room and the...
    • Suite with Table Mountain View

The cleanliness and spaciousness of the room and the pleasantness of the staff. We had booked a room with view of Table Mountain - loved the room although we never saw the top of the mountain while we were there due to the weather!!

Very confortable room and great breakfast
    • Luxury Room

Room a little bit cold, air conditionaire was not enough to warm the room.

Amazing and confortable room, great shower and very tasteful breakfast. Very close to good restaurants and to Long Street.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Awesome aweaime and awesome..that sums it up
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing we didnt like ...

We loved everything about the hotel..it was much more then what we expected ..checking friendly helpfull staff ..restuarant awesome service and the breakfast was to die for ..everything in the room was spectacular ...

The hotel is in a pleasant part of Cape Town with many other...
    • Double or Twin Room

We were put in a guest room with a non painted hollow core door, which gave a very poor first impression of the establishment being tacky and cheap. Guests should be steered clear of an area that looks like it us undergoing renovation and even more so if guests are not given advance warning that the hotel is under renovation. However, it must be added that there was no additional evidence of renovations which merely left us feeling that the hotel had actually put us in a "cheap" and unpopular room. This "new" or quick fix/unfinished bedroom door was very poorly installed and certainly was not sound proof. To add to this, we were located on a corner in a room directly above the lobby and the main entrance to the hotel. In our case room 201. The room was incredibly noisy. The echoing noises associated with boisterous guests/ groups in the lobby was horrendous . Being woken by vehicles idling on the sidewalk outside at the entrance to the hotel (directly under our bedroom window) and noisy guests entering and exiting their transport early on a Sunday morning was very disturbing and unpleasant. The noise levels in the room were certainly not conducive to a relaxing experience or stay. Such a pity, as the rest of the hotel looked reasonably good and the staff were friendly. Breakfast was varied and enjoyable.

The hotel is in a pleasant part of Cape Town with many other restaurants and shops within easy walking distance.

Would love to stay here again!
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was nice, but could've done with a little variety, as we stayed for 4 nights and pretty much had the same thing every day.

The room was great :) The heating, the safe, the showers were all nice. The staff were very friendly too :)

4.5
    Above
    • Double or Twin Room

Didn't meet our special requests. Didn't provide us with what we were supposed to get. Only made bed. Did not clean. I had an accident by falling in room and they couldn't have cared less. Beautiful looking hotel but won't go back. I expected better service from 4 star.

The food was good. Rudy the driver was excellent. Clarence the porter was very friendly. As for the others.......... This was meant to be a special trip for my husband's 70th birthday and they let us down badly.

Centrally located
    • Standard Room

I stayed here as part of a short break 'tour' and extended my stay to fit with my flights. I found that the location was excellent, the room comfortable and the staff very helpful and friendly. The wifi was free and worked very well. I was also pleased that I was able to go to restaurants nearby which offered different cuisine. I also had friends in Cape Town who were close by and it was easy to arrange to meet them at restaurants or activities.

loved everything about the hotel.
    • Standard Room

loved everything about the hotel. neat and quietly tucked away. The hotel has great staff, met with a smile and warm welcome at every turn. Food was amazing and more than generous.

Great for a last minute booking if you manage to get a room.
    • Double or Twin Room

My room was situated right next to reception and with that much foot traffic it can get a bit loud.

The room was beautiful. The bathroom divine. Breakfast was also quite lovely. The front desk is staffed by the most lovely people who are kind, friendly and incredibly helpful.

Superb hotel at excellent value and really really high quality experience.
    • Standard Room

WiFi is spotty - drops from time to time. Only 400mb free and after that its costly.

Staff are excellent. Come in and fixed a fridge instantly. Provided me with best possible room for my requirements. Always hlpeful 24 hrs

Good stay overall
    • Luxury Room

1. The heater didn't work properly, so the room was cold and not completely comfortable 2. The was no room service after 10:00PM, which I had never experienced in my history of travelling and booking hotels all over the world. My flight arrived at 10:00PM, so upon getting to my hotel, starving, there was absolutely, I mean ABSOLUTELY nothing to eat! Had to go to bed hungry! 3. I found the bed to be a bit uncomfortable as the sheets caused itchiness

1. The Room was exactly as seen online, so was quite happy with that. 2. The décor of the room was lovely 3. The breakfast was very nice 4. The reception staff were quite helpful

Parking and deposit
    • Standard Room

I did not like that you have to pay for parking. They do not state upfront that you should pay gor parking. The fact that you must also give a deposit ipon checkin in which they also did not mention, also was not a good experience.

Great and proffesional

Relaxation from this renovated hotel
    • Standard Room

Staff charging for items all ready bundled into the package you offered.

The location was ideal just far enough away from the hustle & bushel of the city centre with fantastic views if table mountain & Signal Hill. staff were friendly and knowledgeable. will return

Comfortable and convenient :-)
    • Standard Room

Gym is inadequately equipped and not all equipment is serviceable... for example: changing the gradient on the treadmill caused a "grinding" noise and severe vibration. No single weights available.

Lovely, classy accommodation

Överprisat hotell
    • Standard Room

Considering the price and the 4 stars, the rooms were cheap and noisy. We had to call the cleaner up again since it really looked like someone had been sleeping in our sheets, and that the sheets had not been cleaned. Very bad. Once we had dinner in the hotel restaurant. We had to wait one hour in an empty restaurant, and then they said the fish we ordered were out, and we had to order something else. It was not good food either. Bad place!

Mixed feelings.
    • Double or Twin Room

Shuttle not running on the one and only day that I requested it ( Sunday) ...Bedroom chair on castors on a laminate floor. ( dangerous) Bedroom fridge not chilling. TV satellite channel disappointing ,....CNN news but no Sky news or BBC World or Al Jazeera .....Wi-fi NOT unlimited 400 mb only ....not enough. Getting room key recut for a short stay 4 nights not good. Porters Jeremiah & Mr Williams very good.

F& B managaress ( Indian Lady) 36 years old very professional. F& B assistant managaress also friendly and good at her job.

Great value and location - perfect for a quick stay for business or leisure and still feels high-end

The blinds in the room

The room was excellent, as it was very clean and neat and I had a great view. Very modern - very good. The Twinings tea at breakfast is rare so spot on good.

Accommodation was comfortable and staff friendly and helpful.
    • Standard Room

Accommodation was comfortable and staff friendly and helpful. Front desk clerk was very helpful and assisted with arranging transport to the airport on departure, when Uber was unavailable.

everyone from reception management, to kitchen, to room...
    • Standard Room

everyone from reception management, to kitchen, to room service delivery, bar, breakfast, guest usher is professional, courteous and efficient. Sign of a good team and good people.

Enjoyed the stay, just a few small things to sort out to make the stay something special.
    • Standard Room

shower a bit small, bedroom decor could be improved. Toilet cramped. Breakfast take away not good - bread not buttered, only had cheese on bread - definitely not value for money - very disappointed.

Bed was very good, pillow choice excellent, Glass dome bar/lounge excellent.

Nice and Relaxing
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything was nice. I loved that fact that you hace an option to pay the whole balance the last day when you check out however I hate the hold you put on the amount on the first day . I would prefer you taking the whole amount then the first day .

Food was nice . Everything was fresh . Safety is key for me and that was one of the highlights .

Quiet, central if travelling for business but away from the city. Very helpful staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were amazing. Management really have got something right here. I felt "at home". I loved that there was a restaurant on the property for an evening meal and thought that it was reasonably priced. Being a Genius Booking.com member gave me free unlimited WiFi and free parking.

Pleasant staff, nice facilities, but too noisy for light sleepers!

I had a room that faced onto the main road - although it is not a highway, it is a main road and it is very very busy and very noisy. I had asked for a room on the quiet side of the hotel prior to arriving but they were unfortunately at full occupancy and could not assist. Definitely not recommended if you are a light sleeper. The corridors outside the room on the interior of the hotel were also quite noisy - I was located near the lifts and there were children running up and down the corridor during the afternoon.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, especially when I had an issue with the room being located next to the main road (very noisy).

Beautiful Hotel... Disappointing.

Poor food service. They lacked on every request. Instead of trying to go the extra mile they just said ...we don't have it. Very poor service food service.

Its beautiful, clean and spacious.

Good experience
    • Luxury Room

Carpet bit dirty, no view from room, no shuttle service on weekend,extra for parking, price already bit high

Breakfast options, bath position, relax and watch tv,central,staff helpfull

Great stay for a weekend in Cape Town
    • Standard Room

Noise- Felt awkward sometimes coming back late and hearing people in the next rooms or early morning.

The location to signal hill and table mountain is perfect. Only a few km from the city and water front. Staff are great and friendly. Breakfast does the job!

Staff were great and Alladin is such a special Guy!
    • Standard Room

Staff were great and Alladin is such a special Guy! He alone made my stay :) Thank you Alladin! Keep up the Goodwork Sir! Kind Regards, Jared

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Beautiful hotel. A few mistakes upon arrival but excellent staff saves the day.
    • Standard Room

Was a surprise weekend away for my fiance's birthday. Upon arrival at reception we get told the price of the room. That was not so strategic as I did not want my fiance to think about details. When we get to the room, the staff had left a nice Happy Birthday treat. That was really sweet. However the room itself had two single beds, which was supposed to be kingsize. That make a couple like us feel unsatisfied, since I requested a kingsize. Worst part was the view of the room. Looking right into the feet of people sitting on the terrace of the hotel's courtyard. I don't think any room should be connected to a bar or terrace, unless maybe a backpackers? (maybe add greenery to disconnect downstairs rooms from the courtyard terrace.) Fiance was very dissatisfied by this, since she already found out the price our stay. She went to the reception to ask them to please help us to a nice room with a kingsize bed. We then were left with a bit of an uncomfortable feeling. But reception promised to sort us out with a nice solution. And they did! We got a room one floor higher then the terrace. This was much nicer because you could look out over the courtyard and see a bit of Tamboerskloof. Perfect solution, our weekend was saved! One other thing regarding renovations of the hotel restaurant. Saturday morning the breakfast buffet run out of all their eggs, bacon, hash browns. There was no music to soften the noise. Just the sound of a Jack Hammer, while the lights flickered occasionally. But I kind of understand that it's not easy to supply breakfast during kitchen renovations. Sunday morning everything was back to normal. Including great, vibey restaurant music!

Great service from staff. Especially in bar, restaurant and housekeeping. Made up the bed in afternoon. Just gave you a feeling of dedicated service. Also; great dedication to complains. Upon arrive we had a few problems, but the staff sorted it out perfectly and gave us a great weekend because of that! Our second room was also a real winner! It had a beautiful view, lovely bed and sheets, nice furniture. The bathroom was definitely up to standards with a great free standing bath and big shower. Another great thing is the accessibility of the different spaces. Good connection to the lobby, a fast back-route to the parking and restaurant. Plus the deck with pool and chairs is newly renovated and looks great!

Stay in a super clean room, but think 2 before I book there again
    • Standard Room

1) add to pay extra for parking, however street parking does not exist 2) the meal voucher for a closed kitchen??? 3) a extra blanket in the cuboard should/must be there 4) paying for cappaccino a breakfast -eeish

1)The rooms was superclean 2)axxess & enough parking 3) breakfeast was fine, but why paying for cappaccinos?

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Incredible views from the pool area and amazing breakfast selection.
    • Standard Room

Pictures of room on booking.com were different from what we were expecting. Staff were professional and quickly organized a room that matched the initial expectation.

Nice part of town.
    • Standard Room

Shower pressure low and water drained very slowly so shower filled up. No ATM machine.

Nice part of town. Comfortable hotel with enough amenities and a friendly staff. Staff was very helpful at helping us book things to do in town.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Comfortable good value
    • Standard Room

About 30 minute walk from V&A and the Gym was small. One evening the Bar and Pool area was completely shut off for a function

The cleanliness, the view of Table Mountain

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Great location and great value for money
    • Standard Room

Sometimes we had issues connecting to the Wifi.

The location is great - just next to table mountain and there are great restaurants in the area and even laundromat. The staff was really nice and offered us free upgrade so it will be more comfortable with our kids. The breakfast buffet is really good and have variety of choices. The room was nice and clean. As genius you get free parking and free wifi so it is nice as well.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Cosy hotel in the heart of the mother city
    • Standard Room

the passage on the 4th floor needed vacuuming. Lady at check in rushed off to help someone else while she was attending to me. Waitress was not friendly (breakfast)

loved the bathroom and the restaurant. Loved the breakfast and the location of the hotel. Bed was so comfortable.

Good Value
    • Luxury Room

TV channel selection was poor.

Location was central to the plans i had

Excellent location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Excellent location. Beautiful and safe.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Decent place

Not acceptance of Prime credit cards like Amex

Location, breakfast

Noisy room on Kloofnek Road.
    • Double or Twin Room

Noisy room on Kloofnek Road. Booked room with twin beds but was given double bed , Took a while to rectify

Friendly staff

Everything is fine

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Cape Milner is the IT hotel in Cape Town
    • Double or Twin Room

Beautiful interior deco and friendly staff. Nice food

Great Hotel

Restaurant for dinner ... we had to wait for 60 minutes for our wraps

Service is excellent

Very good service, clean and tidy rooms.
    • Standard Room

Very good service, clean and tidy rooms. Secure parking.

Real value for money and comfortable stay
    • Standard Room

Housekeeping staff weren't always friendly

Real value for money and comfortable stay

bed was very creaky

bed was very creaky

Indeed a room with an excellent view on Table Mountain!
    • Double or Twin Room

Indeed a room with an excellent view on Table Mountain! Friendly service and excellent cuisine!

Overall good
    • Double or Twin Room

Make sure you do not get a room on the 2nd floor, reception can be noisy and this can be irritating in your room!

We liked that they were very accommodating to the needs of...
    • Luxury Room

We liked that they were very accommodating to the needs of my pregnant wife. We really enjoyed our stay. The buffet breakfast was really good

Special breakfasts a little slow

Special breakfasts a little slow

• Luxury Room

Good spacious rooms, excellent location and really good staff

Like a dream come true
    • Double or Twin Room

We received excellent service from the staff and they were very helpful when called to the reception. The bed was extremely comfy.

Great location. Great facilitied

not much wrong

Lovely stay overall with friendly staff and helpful
    • Standard Room

The breakfast selection was below standard for such a lovely private hotel

The modern deco was beautiful and inviting

Ticks all the boxes.
    • Standard Room

Not much, nothing really.

Excellent buffet breakfast. Spectacular views of Table Mountain from balcony.

Not enough tv channels

loved the bar open for a nightcap after we got in

loved the bar open for a nightcap after we got in

Another enjoyable stay at The Cape Milner
    • Standard Room

Lovely hotel and suitable for business travel

It feels like home

The food ! Very little variety

Rooms were clean staff were very nice and hospitable.

The best hotel breakfast I have ever seen

Breakfast was utterly incredible

Classy and chic

Classy and chic

Very comfy, peaceful and elegant
    • Standard Room

the room was clean and new

Good location and friendly staff.
    • Luxury Room

Breakfast was very disappointing. Generally felt the place was overpriced for what you get.

Good location and friendly staff.

At home
    • Standard Room

the sleep was comfortable and the bathroom a delight

Think they lost a customer after wanting to charge me R50 for parking.
    • Double or Twin Room

The R50 they wanted to charge for parking my car - really!

The staff were amazing and very helpful

The staff were amazing and very helpful

Great location in trendy area, excellent staff and lovely...
    • Standard Room

Great location in trendy area, excellent staff and lovely breakfast on deck

Super!!!
    • Luxury Room

Pleasant service at all times. Excellent staff.

Nice hotel, good breakfast, only 5 mins from shops & restaurants, good size room and friendly staff.
    • Standard Room

The gym was a bit hidden and the room service menu was quite limited.

Fresh coffee in room, plenty of storage in room and a good breakfast.

Excellent views on Table Mountain, super breakfast
    • Standard Room

quite a way to tourist centre

Excellent views on Table Mountain, super breakfast

Good breakfast, good service, good parking

Good breakfast, good service, good parking

perfectly situated. Just what we wanted.
    • Standard Room

amazing breakfast. loved the decor. staff untra friendly.