Reviews of The View Boutique Hotel & Spa 5 stars

9 Hillside Road, 4126 Amanzimtoti, South Africa

#4 of 39 hotels in Amanzimtoti

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Far from a 5 star experience- not worth the price at all.

My family and I stayed at the hotel for the long weekend and it was a disastrous experience. We have stayed in 5 star hotels prior and this was nowhere close to 5 star or even 4 star for that matter. There was no Wifi in any of the rooms however a strong signal was being picked up, when we called reception for the password they advised that it is not for guests rather it is for the conference room which was empty. Wifi is available at reception which is a mile away. With the in room amenities be careful what you use as they charge you for the slippers and even the laundry bag if removed. There was also no safes in both our rooms. When reception was called for a tooth brush kit we just told that they are out of stock, taking into consideration the fact that the location of the hotel is far from all stores and terribly placed, it was not convenient at all. The aircon remote was not working in one of the rooms. The security level is not good either as the gate automatically opens from inside and out and the reception is nowhere near the gate. My advice is use the property as a spa or even use the restaurant but definitely not for accommodation. The hotel is called the view however, only a couple rooms have a view and the rest have a view of the neighbors or nothing at all, bearing this in mind you still pay an arm and leg for a non view room. The hotel is very far from the sea.

The only good thing was they extended our check out time from 10:30am to 11:00am, they replaced an already broken cup when we requested it and we could get breakfast in our room, as with all Hotels I would assume!

Lovely Place!!

Access: Very much uphill. Needs a strong car for those steep areas. Otherwise it's a great place

Very lovely place. Great sea view - The View indeed!! Good facilities - spar, gym, pools Staff is very friendly, good on customer service

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

M sorry I can't write a sentence * but an essay*

Nothing at all , can even leave my number to guarantee you 😍😍😍😍

Hospitality , staff attitude friendliness , professional, always willing to assist , the staff work so relaxed and well mannered, always of good assistance , food , hotel rooms , the special request as we were celebrating our anivessary was well accepted and the room was well prepared Excuse my essay that's not properly written , the place is so amazing that I dnt know how to put it down in an orderly form 😂😂😂😂😍😍😍😍😍😍.... Was actually looking forward to writing my review , I will still go through "The view " Facebook page ....🤗🤗🤗😋😋😊😊😁😁

happy with my short stay though disappointed with your breakfast staff

Poor service from breakfast staff ,table dirty & not fully equipped with utensils

Reception staff. Dinner restaurant staff,friendly& professional.

Heavenly

The reception staff calling me at 10:45 telling me I should have checked out at 10:30,yet I had spa treatments

The room was pleasingly immaculate . The linen and towels were on point. The young white gentleman on duty at reception on Saturday evening is an absolute gem, so welcoming, pleasant and helpful. Wow give him a raise...

fabulous

That breakfast and meals are served on hot/ warm plates Sorry just a very small thing

The bed was sooooo comfortable. Service excellent. Wow the food very good Staff always greeted with a smile The decor beautiful The Spa wonderful body massage Just a really relaxing few days

Fabulous getaway .. stunning views..peaceful environment.
    • Grand Suite

Salmon for bfast had the plastic in it . Bed was decent. Bedside carpets need attention.

Pool area is beautiful, well laid out. Lovely bedrooms. Nice private environment. Restaurant nice ambience. Waitress well trained. Food was really tasty. Mussels well prepared.

The Spa Facilities were great, so was the bathtub in the...
    • Luxury Suite

The breakfast options really need some variety. As a vegetarian, I basically ate the same breakfast 4 days in a row.

The Spa Facilities were great, so was the bathtub in the room. The staff at the Spa and restaurant were really helpful and friendly.

Room was very spacious and new.

The room location was separate to the main Hotel and you had to walk outside to get to the main Hotel and Restaurant. We did not have a view off the sea from our room.

Room was very spacious and new. Bathroom was large with a great shower. Breakfast was good, with good choices.

Our Stay was exceptional. Thank you

At the restaurant for our dinner the items that were on the set menu were not available because they said the ingredients were not available, that was not nice because were already preplaced our order, but the meals we ended up having were up to standard and we enjoyed.

On our arrival the staff at the reception Area were welcoming and friendly , As we were celebrating my husband birthday , when we got to our room there was a turn down which we mentioned on the day of our arrival but it was done and was up to standard and the lady Pearl was super amazing she ended up helping me to sing for my husband and he felt special and he promised me that we will definitely coming back to this property.

Our stay was amazing.

Our stay was amazing. We were welcomed by kind and friendly staff. The breakfast was top-class, loved it!!! The rooms were clean and spacious. Lovely view of the sea. I would definitely recommend anybody to go there

Beautiful views

Everything was great.

The staff were so friendly and helpful! We got upgraded to a delux room and the view from there was amazing! It would have been double the amount we paid, so that was a real bonus!

Romantic just what we needed

Couldn't connection to the hotel wifi.

Excellent service, comfortable and clean room. Definitely will visit the place again, it was indeed a beautiful experience.

It was a peaceful stay

the lack of variety in the breakfast options. Also with regards to the location, it is a bit far to get to the beach (by car only). No Wi-fi in the rooms

The size of the room, the size of the TV, the ambiance , cleanliness, etc

Amazing view.

The gym was a big disappointment. The aircon didn't work (or wasn't on), more than half of the equipment was broken, there were no mats and the drinking water was hot. For a five star boutique hotel, one would also expect fluffy bath towels.

The sugar bar was amazing and the decor throughout was stunning. Giorgio's is one of the best restaurants we've experienced at hotels.

Great views, comfortable rooms and good food.
    • Grand Suite

Our room was not ready for the stated 2PM check-in time so we had to wait for a while. Would still recommend nonetheless.

Great breakfast and fantastic views. The on site SPA is well priced and good quality.

What an awesome boutique hotel, really exceeded my...

What an awesome boutique hotel, really exceeded my expectations with staff that tries their utmost to keep their guests happy. Will definitely visit again.

Otherwise everything very enjoyable the rooms were the highlight

Your only weak point is your Restuarant Should have more variety on lunch and Dinner side

The rooms were excellent The beds were very good Bathrooms good You should have earbuds available Shampoo and gel good

Amazing honeymoon
    • Luxury Suite

It's exceptionally spacious and private. Natural scenery all around

Staff were friendly and made us feel welcome. Venue was clean private and refreshing. We received excellent value for money on our honeymoon

Creme dala creme

the service was excellent!!!! we actually booked the standard room only to find out that they have upgraded our room to the Deluxe for the price of a standard room. We are definitely coming back!!!!!!

Definitely my favorite place in KZN!

Wi-Fi availability

The facility as well as the staff are key elements of the View. The GM Tammy and reservations manager Ashley are great and really go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. My biggest gripe has always been the lack of Wi-fi, but this is apparently being addressed? I really enjoy my visits there.

The room smelled of a wet carpet, there was no buffet on...
    • Grand Suite

The room smelled of a wet carpet, there was no buffet on their menu. The bed was not comfortable. Parts of the hotel were still under construction. In my view the hotel rating should be downgraded to a 2 star or 3 star

very comfortable and beautiful.

Very much lacking is the free wifi in the rooms - the pay as you go in the room thing did not work for me. Really a bit of a disappointment.

the room was the amazing bed was super comfy and the bathroom was awesome! The spa facility was amazing!

It was okay. I didnot like the location of the hotel but it was okay.

I was expecting to be closer to the beach and beautiful views as it is documented in the website. the views were not too appetising for me

The gorgios restaurant staff was very friendly and nothing was too much for them. they served us with a smile and ensured that we were comfortable. The spa treatments also and the staff were amazing and good value for money.

Amazingly beautiful ,excellent service fit for a king

Nothing negative

This hotel is awesome ,the view is breathtaking,close to the sea excellent staff ,there's variety types of rooms to choose from to suit your style.the food is great.

Very good first vist to the hotel - will definetly stay there again.

Hair dryer was provided in the room - but no plug to use. Also, the workers doing the renovations started arriving at 6.30 am - and were very noisy.

Very comfortable rooms - and the views are beautiful. Staff were very helpful as well

Cant wait for the next visit
    • Luxury Suite

The weather,and the building ,but we do understand the work must be done.Will come see the finish project early next year

Awesome staff,so friendly,your spa and Janine is the best

Our 25 year anniversary made extra special by staying at The View Boutique Hotel and Spa

Everything exceeded our expectations.

The courtesy of the staff is unbelievable in a very positive way. Bea and Ashley from the front desk ; Abbi the cleaning staff , Mfana the waiter...all made us feel like royalty. It was a 25 year anniversary that my wife and I will never forget. The rooms are cosy and romantic and the setting is private and secluded. Everything a couple could want for a romantic getaway.

Loved the Spa.
    • Grand Suite

Bed wasn’t comfy. No carpeting on the bedroom floor. Room smelt damp and was not cleaned well. Construction was going on so loud banging from about 6am onwards.

Loved the Spa. Staff was excellent. Restaurant on-site was simply fantastic.

Awesome

The stairs

The complimentary from the hotel for the usage of the sauna and jacuzzi and the massage at the specifications. The staff from the reception to the chef were very friendly and accommodating

Great views
    • Grand Suite

The curtains in the room were quite heavy and in a dark colour; it made the room look really dull.

The food at the restaurant was really good and well priced. The hotel is in a great location, on top of the hill with amazing views. I also had a great spa experience.

We will be back

Would have loved a sparkling wine on arrival as a welcome drink.

The room was exquisitely decorated. Felt like we were on honey moon. Could have loved to be offered a sparkling wine on arrival

Real 5 star value at 3 star prices!

The stairs!

It was may 2nd visit. The View is a hidden gem! Getting real 5 star luxusry ar 3 star prices! WOW. The staff is so curtious and friendly, from the receptionists to cleaning staff to the waiters! And the breathtaking view!

Short but awesome stay at The View

The reception staff were warm and very welcoming. Even though we arrived earlier than standard check-in time, our room was ready and extremely neat. The restaurant on site provides a very good menu. Overall, the view lives up to the expectations on the website.

A rarr
    • Luxury Suite

Omw I woukd never leave there thinking of living there and visiting home hahha

Amazing hospitality The manager Tammy rocks There is nothing I didn't like a gem tucke away

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Found the wow factor a gemeeting for relaxation and absolutely blissful

Been there on two occasions all I can say is I have travelled the world and this beautiful gem tucked away outshines any place I've seen before Service and hospitality amazing and the personal touch I will be making this my home from home....and Tammy rocks

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Very pleasant with beautiful view

We did not partake in any of the minibar products at all but were told as we checked out that we had and owed X amount for two drinks. Perhaps a closer check must be kept on this when guests check out or whether staff has access to these?

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Magical blissful like Alice in wonderland

That I had to leave.....I could live there forever

An experiencemail like nothing I can compare to....I have travelled the world but this place tops it a little gemail tucked away 30 min from me ...the staff amazing... They accomodaTed my crazy sense of humour and it was an absolutely fun trip felt like a part of the family and I so needed the break..well done to Tammy and the team you will be seeing a lot more of us ando my amazing milk bedtime delivery...too precious you guys have a winning formula hospitality could learn a lot from yll....coming back soon

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

Writing Holiday

My room bordered on the service staircase which experiences a lot of traffic, also a winding stair case led to reception behind a barred door. So noise was a problem on occasions, nothing that headphones couldn't resolve.

The finishes and appointments in the room were outstanding. It had everything I needed and was exceptionally comfortable. The staff were courteous and willing to go the extra mile. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

The saying "Value for Money" was coined for The View Boutique Hotel and Spa

The room blew us away as it was spacious and very luxurious. The breakfast options were fantastic and I guarantee you that you would not find a more affordable and value for money meal anywhere else. I think that was the key feature, value for money! We will definitely be back again for a longer stay.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

- Good gym

- Noisy rooms - Extreme small and uncomfortable bed - Not worth the 5* (for EU/US standards this would be 4* max. ) - No free WiFi in rooms

- Good gym - Safe area

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Relaxing, Romantic and restfull.

We really loved this place. So romantic the SPA and other facilities were amazing the food at the restaurant was even tastier. Would go back again any day

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Affordable Luxury
    • Grand Suite

If you want to be close to the beach this is not the hotel for you but they don't claim to be. Some hooks in the bathroom to hang the soft, fluffy white towels & dressing gowns would be useful.

Crisp, clean, comfortable & cool. The suite was amazing - luxurious and beautifully appointed with great attention to detail. Staff were friendly & efficient & went the extra mile to spoil us for our early romantic Valentine's weekend - thank you so much. 5 star boutique hotel accommodation at its best. We will definitely be back!

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Everything was great, service, food, room ,bed,, would go back mayday, and the price very reas

The weather, they weren't in charge of that

Friendly ,you just have to look there way and they come over to ask if everything was OK, nothing was to much of a bother for them, great service

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Romantic location with super friendly staff.

The pool was dirty on arrival but cleaned the next 2 days.

The staff were super friendly and provided service whenever it was needed. Very clean and everything spotless. The hotel is indeed the view as you see the sea from the balcony. Super romantic site.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

will definately come back

the noise from other residents, was unbearable especially as it carried on after 12 am , right by our room door.

it was our second stay and the view never disappoint.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Heaven on earth!
    • Grand Suite

Everything and everyone were absolutely fabulous, we cannot wait to visit them again. The room was gorgeous and luxurious. the food was out of this world and the staff were excellent. Great value for money!

The attention to detail was the first thing that attracted...
    • Luxury Suite

The cocktail presentation needs improvement.

The attention to detail was the first thing that attracted my attention from the towels to slippers. I was very impressed with the willingness and politeness of the young staff.

Everything perfect!

Everything perfect! In particular, from the same complex, you can access Giorgio's, a panoramic Italian restaurant with delights from breakfast to dinner. Excellent espresso (not easy to find). Brilliant spa treatments!!!

Great stay at the View

would have liked to been told on arrival that we can use the spa facilities. we realised this too late on. shaded parking would add to the overall experience

Extremely helpful staff. Rooms were great. stunningly decorated - really could not find any fault. beautiful views from the room, restaurant, well, everywhere even the car park

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Staff was so friendly .
    • Luxury Suite

We were not shown the spa .. nor gym .... we went to explore and found it just before we left. Communication poor from hotel as definitely would have used the facilities. Felt this let us down. Christmas meal was over priced ... meat overcooked. Asked for mustard for my beef and they gave me mint sauce. I mentioned that this is to use with lamb but was informed that the restaurant used this with beef! Totally incorrect.

Staff was so friendly ... amazing place

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

We had an excellent stay!
    • Deluxe Suite

The floor at my room was not properly cleaned but wiped. I felt pity for those beautiful tiles.

Friendly and helpful staff. The restaurant serves the best fresh food. Fruit mince cake at the reception was the best. I loved the spa, and those well maintained swimming pool.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Rogue in bally-go-backwards

Definitely no 5-star hotel! Wet bathroom, dysfunctional Spa, huge cockroach in the room, charging money for transportation they claimed it was complimentary, expensive WiFi

Breakfast with a view

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Excellent, excellent excellent!!!

Bed was so comfy and loved the spa bath, everything was great down to the champagne and truffles on arrival! Food was delicious and the staff extra friendly, I didn't want to leave!

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

A Hidden Jewel

The breakfast was not great. The choices were very limited. The shower was too small. Was not told of the complimentary spa sessions for guests The ironing board in my room could not stand

The bedding was very clean and the bed very comfortable The room was very clean The room deco was stunning (a real 5 star touch) The view from my room was stunning

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

I really enjoyed

I really enjoyed

Relaxing and safe
    • Luxury Suite

WiFi is not available , have to be purchased .

Place was clean , quiet , safe

Fantastic venue.
    • Grand Suite

Shower tiles were dirty...green muck on the grout.

Fantastic venue...lovely staff and nice facilities

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Everything about it

Everything was perfect

Everything about it

It was fantastic

Everything.

Great, there is room for improvement

1. No Free WiFi 2. No Buffet breakfast 3. Inflexible with respect to Payments ... not in line with current rates

Would highly recommend.

Efficient and super friendly staff. Very comfortable beds. Well decorated rooms.

Location - the views!

Archaic room locking system

Location - the views!!!! Room comfort Five star restaurant q

Poor internet access

Poor internet access

The Room was well prepared and clean and I enjoyed the...

The Room was well prepared and clean and I enjoyed the tranquil setting. I will be back when traveling in KZN again

Best second honeymoon ever
    • Honeymoon Suite

The view is absolutely breathe taking. The honeymoon suite is right at the top of the property and you can see the whole city from it.

I wish i had visited the place sooner and stayed longer....

The breakfast....

The FOP were professional and very friendly.

Best get away

Everything from the hotel to the spa was excellent.

A stunning holiday retreat

The entire Giorgio restaurant menu is excellent,with great wine list. Absolutely stunning. Really friendly staff!