Reviews of Upperbloem Guesthouse and Apartments

8 Upper Bloem Street, Bo Kaap, 8001 Cape Town, South Africa

Great views and spacious room made for a wonderful stay!
    • Apartment with Balcony and Sea View

It is located near the top of a massive hill. Be prepared for a workout on the walk back! Also taxi drivers would sometimes be reluctant to drive up the hill, and would end up charging more.

Great balcony, and centrally located in Bo-Kaap. The room was very spacious and clean, and Katrin, the owner, was very kind. There was a binder of recommendations that was helpful in choosing where to eat. Definitely would stay here again the next time I am in Capetown!

It is the best place I've stayed in my 11-day trip - excellent view, good room, nice host (Katrin).
    • Large Apartment with Mountain View

The property is located at high ground, near the foothill of Table Mountain. The view from my balcony is excellent. The scenery of Table Mountain is unblocked. I can also see the downtown of Cape Town - it is especially beautiful during dawn and sunset.

Average and over priced in a poor location
    • Apartment with Mountain View

The room was pretty basic and bare looking . Few of the glasses and crockery were chipped . Bed was very low down and had difficulty sleeping due to the mattress being too soft. Parking was up a very steep hill . The area wasn’t the nicest place to stay.

The owner was very welcoming and helpful . Great views of the mountains ( had to be out of the room to see it ) . The room was clean and presentable .

Please help save Cape Town's water.
    • Apartment with City View

Please let the property know when you are checking in. My flight was delayed with an hour and I felt so sorry for the person who had to wait for me to check in. They are not always at the property. The host is just a Whatsapp or call away.

This place is quite central and uber drivers are always available. The view is great from the pool. Not all the rooms have a great view though. It's self catering and quiet.

Spectacular view and comfortable studio room
    • Apartment with City and Mountain View

The property was lovely, but do be warned that it is a very steep walk up to it. Within the overall city, it's pretty central, but the spectacular view is because it's up in the foothills of Signal Hill/Lion's Head, so either be happy to Uber to and from the flat (very easy and reliable in SA), or make sure you're reasonably fit.

We really enjoyed our 4 nights at Upperbloem, particularly the SPECTACULAR terrace and view over the city, sweeping from the waterfront all the way to Table Mountain. The room and small kitchen were perfect for a couple. You would struggle to cook a full dinner, but fixing breakfast and snacks with wine was easy and a pleasure to eat out on the terrace.

Amazing place and even better hospitality!!
    • Large Apartment with Mountain View

The apartment is a perfect place to stay and would definitely recommend. It’s spacious, clean, had all the appliances you need, comfy bed and sofa. The pool Is heated and the view of table top mountain is amazing!! Close to everything although out the way of the noise at the same time. Katrin is the best host we have ever met, she will help you with anything you need, help arrange trips for you, airport transfers, she helped us a lot and made our stay fun filled and relaxing. Our flights was delayed for another day although Katrin didn’t have any rooms available so we went out her way and offered us the spare room people use when having a late flight with a shower bed and coffee facilities everything you need complementary!! She is a lovely friendly host. We would definitely stay here again.

Close to some main attractions
    • Apartment with City View

Our apartment was not as nice as it is on the photos ! Parking was a bit scary, really not impu and there is a Mosque two blocks away and you here them pray at night and when the sun rises in the mornings! Area is a bit dodgy

Lovely, if visiting Capetown again would book here one of the larger apartments,
    • Apartment with Mountain View

Nothing really - I was already aware of the “steepness ” of the property - ok for walking out but not for walking back, as I have said we were aware of this. Quite a few steps within the property but wasn’t a problem for us, but something to think about.

The lovely Katrin greeted us and gave all the info we needed. Security was very good, in regards to ourselves and our car. Lovely pool area, private, lovely views and sheltered from breezes. Katrin was able to advise us on trips, airport transfersand would book them if needed. Thankyou

Great alternative to more traditional hotels in Cape Town
    • Apartment with Mountain View

Security guard was sitting outside the property during night unprotected to the weather.

Excellent location with nice views of the city. Relaxed atmosphere and while we didn’t you could easily spend time at the place relaxing by the pool. Katrin is a very easy going and helpful host.

We got at very warm welcome from the host.
    • Apartment with City View

A bit of a steep walk back up the hill (but you get a nice view in return!)

We got at very warm welcome from the host. The view from the pool area is great! Very nice apartment/room with everything you need. The laundry service was same day service which is brilliant! It's in walking distance from the city centre with a lot of good restaurant and a very short drive to table mountain/lions head

Stylish, great location and value
    • Apartment with City View

It was very clean and stylish in a great location with a view of Table Mountain and of the town. It is also in a very safe area which gives peace of mind when leaving the car!

Room with a View
    • Apartment with Balcony and Sea View

Katrin, the owner, couldn't have been more helpful. She was always there to offer advice and / or make bookings for outings and transport. The view from our apartment was amazing and the living space was more than adequate.

Excellent location and comfortable stay!
    • Apartment with City View

I appreciate I only had a short visit and therefore I may not have a full understanding of the arrangement/situation, however as much as I had appreciated we had a security guard on site at night it appeared that he was exposed to the elements which didn't sit comfortably with me.

I particularly liked the location of the property as it was in good proximity to all the places we wanted to visit The host was very helpful and welcoming which made us feel very warm and comfortable. As it was the first place we stayed during our visit in South Africa it very much set the standard for the remaining trip.

A wonderful stay in Cape Town

Everything was perfect

Upperbloem is just the perfect place to stay while on holiday in Cape Town! Katrin -the host - is absolutely amazing. She organized for us a self check-in since we were not sure about the time of our arrival, and then she knocked on the door of our room with a bottle of wine to give us a warm welcome. For the check out, she was so kind that she gave us a small room to stay and to use until 3.00 pm, without charging anything! She also arranged our transfer to the airport in a very cheap and easy way. All the staff of the Upperbloem is very kind and helpful, and the location is wonderful! Less then five minutes walk distance from downtown, it is located in a very nice and quiet area, with a wonderful view on Table Mountain and the city. Our room was very beautiful, with a lot of space, extremely clean and tidy. The bed was perfect, the shower too, and the free wifi worked very well. It was also very nice to find complimentary breakfast items in the room. We used the laundry service, which was very fast and cheap! As promised, the room included an amazing view! Moreover, in the garden there was also a beautiful pool, that unfortunately we didn't use because of the weather. We absolutely recommend this accommodation, where we'll be back again for sure. Thanks again Katrin for your kindness and perfect organization. We wish you the best!

Central location, fair price but we expected more after seeing 9.2 score on Booking.com website
    • Apartment with Mountain View

Looking down onto neighbors' back yard, not being able to enjoy balcony in private, mountain view offered, not to our expectation partly due to privacy issue mentioned before. The mattress uncomfortable and drains not working properly

The apartment was clean and coffee, tea, rusks, muffins were provided.

Unprofessional and unfair

The owner/the manager quite rude and unprofessional. I informed her through the phone I was at the airport and I would reach the location soon. When I arrived at destination nobody answered at the bell. I called her several times to her mobile. I was left outside in the middle of the night at the cold weather for over 20 minutes before she open the door. In the morning I found out there wasn't hot water and I couldn't take a shower. I tried to call the owner through the phone but again she didn't answer. I sent her a message via WhatsApp that I wanted to leave as that was quite unfair, unprofessional and obviously I wasn't enjoying my time there. After 40 minutes she sent me a message saying "sorry there is not hot water, but you should have told me immediately, not the day after" :-/. Obviously I didn't know there wasn't hot water the night before as I was very tired and I went to sleep straight away. I find that quite ridiculous and rude. I have all screenshots of the conversation we had on WhatsApp, when I read them I can't still believe of what she said. Once I got in the apartment I found out that in internet was limited to be used with huawei device and that isn't specified in booking.com. Wasn't like that for every apartment apparently but still that has to be specified because people also travel for business. She said that if I had to work I needed to have my own mobile internet with me :-/. Then she said that I had to relax as I was in holiday, but did she knew I was in holiday? I was there for business by the way :-/. Of course on top all that my day was completely spoiled in terms of time and mood. Location is on a very steep hill and isolated which makes very difficult to walk back from downtown.

The apartment looks ok, but very old fashioned.

Very pleasant guest house in a quiet neighbourhood
    • Small Single Room

It's a bit difficult for taxis and cars to find but they do, eventually :)

The place is very nice, very clean, has all the facilities you need, a beautiful view, a swimming pool... Katrin was very friendly and helpful. Very quiet too.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Perfect
    • Apartment with Mountain View

Not Katrin's fault but the climb up the hill in the sun is a bit of an endurance test! Also apartment could possibly benefit from some curtains for a bit of privacy at night when the lights are on. Don't get me wrong though this didn't spoil our stay.

Lovely spacious apartment with everything you need to make your stay comfortable and an excellent welcome from Katrin.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

A fantastic stay
    • Apartment with City View

The guesthouse is lovely, Katrin was a great host and even the security person was friendly. The room looked exactly as described. The location's good, situated near to the main tourist attractions (such as waterfront, table mountain etc) and we definitely felt safe during our stay. Really enjoyed it there and would recommend it to everyone!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

the magnificent view of table mountain;
    • Large Apartment with Mountain View

it is quite a steep hike up to the property location as we didn't want to take the car down to Long Street being in the very close vicinity; the security issues and safety precautions when you have a car

the magnificent view of table mountain; the close-ness within walking distance to the main city key areas and parks & gardens ; Long Street for quick beer and wine ; Red bus hop-in station: and off you go for great sight seeing day around Cape Town

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

Comfortable bed, helpful staff and useful to have airport...
    • Large Apartment with Mountain View

Mountain view was mostly a wall. Apartment was in need of refresh and minor repairs. Door to closet came off second day and stayed that way throughout stay. Would generally help to have more storage in the apartment.

Comfortable bed, helpful staff and useful to have airport transfer.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Mixed review on stay in UpperBloem
    • Apartment with Balcony and Sea View

The balcony needs to be shielded from the neighbors next door as they look directly onto the balcony, not private at all. Quite noisy with neighbors right on top of you, and the call to Mosque in the evening and early morning. I didn't like the location, but it is probably lovely for many, especially tourists. The hairdryer didn't work, but the owner said she would replace it.

The apartment is fitted out really well with attention to detail. The owner is lovely and friendly, the best shower I have had while away on business. Lovely view over Cape Town.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Location of this accommodation is fantastic, only 10mins...
    • Apartment with Mountain View

Very steep hill climb back to accommodation so be prepared for some good exercise or grab a taxi.

Location of this accommodation is fantastic, only 10mins walk down hill onto long street where there are plenty of restaurants and bars. Mama Africa is a must but need to book. Use über taxis, they are great. Katrina is so helpful at upperbloem, nothing too much trouble. Overall for price excellent accommodation.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Nice little place
    • Apartment with Mountain View

Couple of things mentioned before: soap dish in the shower, full length mirror.

Very clean, balcony with a great view of the city. Convenient for the Waterfront.

In one word - Thanks!
    • Apartment with City View

Katrin helped and bent over backwards to make our stay amazing. Was more like a home stay than anything else - even providing a few cheeky beers on our arrival. The pool area was great to unwind after a day of sight seeing. And the views of Table Mountain reminded us each morning exactly where we were. However, the pay off for great views is the walk up the hill will make your calves burn. Only suggestion to anyone (as Katrin said to us), use UBER to avoid some of the headaches you may otherwise have with taxis/transport - especially at night.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Was clean, slightly small
    • Apartment with City View

Area is crime ridden and they broke into our car one night - the owner tried to explain it was our fault (we did not to apportion blame) because we had some cookies on the seat which the robbers didn't take. The following night they broke into another car, I'm sure in the owners opinion also because of cookies on the front seat... Response from the owner / manager was completely unacceptable plus the area is not great so would definitely give it a miss. We were left with the impression that this is a recurring problem yet they have no guard or secure parking

Was clean, slightly small

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Great view and nice, quiet location above Bokaap (except in...
    • Large Apartment with Mountain View

Owner was sometimes very difficult to reach Elements of the room decoration could need some upgrading; the cupboards and cooking stove in particular

Great view and nice, quiet location above Bokaap (except in early mornings when the mosques call for prayer - something I found charming, but not everyone might like) Very homely feel Good wifi, which is not self-evident in SA Very nice garden and swimming pool with a pleansantly cool shade in the afternoon

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

It was alright.
    • Small Single Room

There was everything I needed to make myself coffee in the room, except the cup to drink it from! The shower tiles could do with some renovation.

Katrin (the owner?) is really nice. She was able to accommodate my last minute change of dates and she tried hard to make me feel welcome.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Poor location
    • Apartment with Balcony and Sea View

Location, this is not the best area however we used Uber several time which was very cheap & easy.

Great view, very nice apartment & friendly staff/owner.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Stay in beautiful Bo kaap
    • Apartment with Mountain View

In our room there was a noisy fan in the bathroom. Also it's very steep where it's located - not a problem for us though.

A great little gem in Cape Town! We stayed five nights as a base when we arrived and felt very well taken care of - got picked up at the airport and Katrin was there to greet us. Everything is very well kept and with a nice little pool and great views of table mountain!

The only shortfall was the lack of view
    • Apartment with Mountain View

The view from our room was not what we were hoping for.

The owner was extremely helpful and friendly

Love the view.

Driving uphill

Love the view..best in Cape town

Very easy check in.
    • Apartment with Balcony and Sea View

Very easy check in. Very friendly house keeping staff.

I got a small room without a view or balcony, which was the opposite of what was stated on the site
    • Small Single Room

The room, size and amneties

Relazing time in Cape Town
    • Apartment with City View

Great facilities and extremely clean. Would certainly go back and recommend it.

In a beautiful quiet area, our host Katrin so friendly and welcoming.

Fantastic stay
    • Apartment with Mountain View

Absolutely stunning view of table mountain , great apartment, host really friendly would definitely stay again

Great Value Stay.. Close to centre of Cape Town!
    • Apartment with City and Mountain View

Nothing .. all was great !

Use of Pool , Easy access to all Cape Town has to offer

Great, really great place to stay in Cape town. Catrin (the host) is really nice and assists plenty
    • Apartment with City and Mountain View

Pool was heated by the sun - slightly to cold for me

The view from the balcony. The whole Cape town beneth your feets !!

Up a steep hill, but wouldn't put me off

Up a steep hill, but wouldn't put me off

Lovely host, very accommodating!
    • Apartment with Mountain View

Lovely host, very accommodating! Amazing views of the city

View from the appartment, location close to a lot of main...
    • Apartment with City View

View from the appartment, location close to a lot of main spots, Kathrin was really really nice and helpful

Very nice location and most excellent reception by our host

Very nice location and most excellent reception by our host

Awesome!!

Little bit hard to find

Hospitality from Katrin personally

A perfect starting point for a trekking holiday!

I could have stay definitely longer than one night.

Everything perfect!

Our hostess Katrin was fantastic!
    • Apartment with City and Mountain View

Our hostess Katrin was fantastic! Would definitely stay here again. Spectacular views of Cape Town and Table Mountain.

Wonderful Bo Kaap apartment overlooking the city
    • Apartment with Mountain View

Amazing view. Friendly and accommodating host. Thoughtful extras in the room. Loved my stay

Nice view and friendly host!
    • Large Apartment with Mountain View

Parking is always an issue in Cape Town.

The host was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Wonderful holiday
    • Small Single Room

The way the reception is organised

The location spectacular view of Table Mountain and the city

Super views.

Super views. Location.

Beautiful accommodation
    • Apartment with Balcony and Sea View

Everything was perfect and the extra treats provided by Katrin made us feel very special. Beautiful accommodation - fantastic stay :-)

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Great flat in central Cape Town
    • Apartment with City View

Wonderful facilities including pool!

will stay there again

Very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Lovely apartment
    • Apartment with City and Mountain View

Location, view from terrace and air conditioning!

• Reviewed: 19 May 2016

Great gem in the hills above Long Street.

Cab drivers have a REALLY hard time finding the place - one tried to take us to District 6 rather than the 12 blocks to the apartment. Good thing I had a map!

Great gem in the hills above Long Street. Amazing staff, beautiful accommodation and very safe and secure.

• Reviewed: 9 May 2016

The apartment was superb, amazing views of the mountain and...

Nothing, it was perfect.

The apartment was superb, amazing views of the mountain and the city. Kitchen well stocked with pots and pans etc. so we could make a few meals. Katrin was so helpful and even provided a mobile for us to use while we stayed there. Go for the apartment with the city and mountain view, you won't regret it.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

I loved the view from the apartment.

I didn't like the fact that there is no reception area. Although I understand it is a privately owned apartment but there is nobody there you can talk to in an instant . I haven't seen Katrin when we checked out as well. The only contact that we had is during check-in . Btw, we waited for like 45minutes before we got in.

I loved the view from the apartment. We got the sea view room but we didn't see much of it and its more of still the mountain view. It is located in a nice uphill side of bo kaap so ....did a lot of photo ops there as well going down the main street . I love the bathroom . It is nice & clean including the room. I love the balcony as well and the overall feel of the room. ...very modern.

• Reviewed: 24 April 2016

Nice and modern guesthouse, balcony with amazing view, big...

No real breakfast, which could be included for the price you pay, no secure parking

Nice and modern guesthouse, balcony with amazing view, big bath tub, nice swimming pool, some breakfast drinks and food offered, very friendly personnel

• Reviewed: 9 February 2016

The view from my view out to the Table Bay area was superb.

The view from my view out to the Table Bay area was superb. Bed very comfy and loved the patio deck. Also nice touch to find breakfast cereals, milk, fruit juices and muffins available for a quick start to the day

• Reviewed: 8 December 2015

Pretty much everything!

These are not negatives. Although they did not bother me, it may some people. The area appears to be in a rundown area, but it is in fact in one of the trendy areas being rehabilitated in Cape Town. It's a mix of new stunning properties and old run down places. Since my father grew up nearby it added to the charm for me. The parking in the street may seem worrying, but no issues as long as valuables aren't left inside. Although close to the city centre and many great bars and restaurants, it's not safe to walk down after dark (during the day it's hard work unless you are a mountain goat!). An uber taxi costs R20 and the bonus is you don't then need to look for parking near your restaurant of choice (hard on weekends), and you can have that extra glass of awesome Cape Wine. There are a few mosques close to the apartments, the call to prayer may bother some people. Having worked extensively in the middle east, it doesn't bother me at all. It makes you realise you are right in the middle of the Bo-Kaap.

Pretty much everything! Very clear instructions sms'd before we arrived, how to find the apartments, how to let ourselves in. Tea, coffee, milk, sugar, juices, muesli, muffins left for our first breakfast. Katrin was a fantastic host. We only saw her once, as anything we needed was a phone call away. We were in and out a lot, and some places it can get awkward if the hosts are too in your face and want to chat. The apartment was immaculate, spaceous, well equipped and stunning view. We easily entertained another couple one evening. It's very central and very secure .

• Reviewed: 5 December 2015

Excellent facilities in room and thoughtful extras such as...

No wifi in room but can get it in pool area. No air conditioning but there was a huge fan in our room so great for drying our washing! Located at top of very steep hill which made for a difficult walk. We knew this when we booked but still tough to do every day!

Excellent facilities in room and thoughtful extras such as breakfast food, hair dryer, cell phone provided by guest house owner for our use while in Cape Town. Katrin was very helpful making suggestions for food, airport transfer and what to do in local area. Great restaurants close by. Beautiful view of city and Table Mountain. Pool area is relaxing. Quiet location but close to everything. Waterfront 30 min walk, close to stop 5 of sight seeing bus tour. Clean and well cared for. We would definitely stay here again. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2015

The great welcome and availability of the owner, the...

Nothing!!!

The great welcome and availability of the owner, the location, the great confort of the appartment and view from the terrace. We recommend strongly and will come back !

• Reviewed: 1 October 2015

We stayed for five days in room 5, which overlooked Table...

We stayed for five days in room 5, which overlooked Table Mountain and the bay. All aspects of the place were good from the service offered to the furnishing of the room. Everything was extremely clean and the room was quiet. We enjoyed making our own breakfast and eating it on the large balcony. Tea and ground coffee were provided, along with a few other groceries on arrival. We were lent a mobile phone for the duration of our stay in case we wanted to contact restaurants, taxis, etc. Nice pool area with sun loungers. On the last day there is provision for storing you bags, plus a shower room. Really helpful. Good location, with plenty of restaurants within a ten minute walk. Only issue is the up hill climb back, but the taxis were cheap. Easy walk to the town centre and you could walk to the waterfront. Overall a great place to stay and good value for money.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2015

This is one of my favorite places to stay that I've been...

This is one of my favorite places to stay that I've been in the world. I will definitely go back and tell any of my friends that go to Cape Town that this place is compulsory. The view from my balcony of both downtown and Table Mountain, the soaker tub (with a view of Table Mountain), the welcome wine and breakfast items, and the incredibly sweet and helpful Katrin (the owner) all made this such a nice memory. Katrin helped me book two different day trips that I highly recommend: Cape Tour and cage diving with Great White Sharks. She also loaned me a local cell phone to call her on if I needed anything. Wow, above and beyond!

• Reviewed: 1 June 2015

Apartment was great with nice touches such as coffee,...

Parking is atrocious and that is the only reason why I will never go back. The morning I discovered that someone had tried to break into my vehicle and the air out of 2 of my tyres was let out. Had to battle to get someone to help me.

Apartment was great with nice touches such as coffee, muffins, cereal, etc. Free Wi-Fi also very welcome.

• Reviewed: 29 May 2015

Our room was great!

It is in the midst of a rough area in Central Cape Town. We had an unfortunate issue with our car, but that doesn't take away from the fact that Upperbloem is a awesome place to stay.

Our room was great! It was constantly bright and airy, and the views from the balcony were amazing. Katrin - the owner was Fab, I can't recommend this place enough

• Reviewed: 28 April 2015

This is the second time I've stayed here and it...

There was nothing I didn't like.

This is the second time I've stayed here and it won't be the last. Great location; wonderful warm welcome; great accommodation.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2015

The view.

I would propose a full length mirror in the room and not only in the bathroom. Also perhaps a small safe to store valuables. The shower also needs a soap holder.

The view. The modern feel. The location.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2015

Nice and clean swimming pool and terrace with deckchairs,...

Nice and clean swimming pool and terrace with deckchairs, beautiful rooms, decorated with taste, friendly staff (!), very helpfull ( umbrella and towels for the beach, muffins at the room), nice neighborhood, close to downtown and nice breakfast tents (jj's, Jason), safe

• Reviewed: 17 March 2015

Personal Greet by Katrin.

Personal Greet by Katrin. Continental Breakfast and included Ph use was a winner. Set up is ready for first time visitors to the area with I for and tour ideas available. Casual yet friendly owner is welcoming wI thout being intrusive. Would def recommend again. Thanks Katrin..!!

• Reviewed: 10 March 2015

Room was modern and nice kitchen area

The fact that you had no privacy and had to listen to the neighbours kids screaming and see the family having a saturday braai..

Room was modern and nice kitchen area

• Reviewed: 13 February 2015

WiFi not wrking in room....had to go to pool area (not the biggest hardship I know)

Great location...host was very helpful and thoughtful. Very well appointed apartment. ..exceeded our expectations!

• Reviewed: 5 February 2015

Enjoyed the privacy and feeling at home .

No cable / DSTV / DVD ( in my room not sure of the bigger ones but had laptop with movies

Enjoyed the privacy and feeling at home ... The owner Katrin and also met one of the housekeeping staff ( her name is Nozi) most unfortunately the large rooms were booked up and only landed the small room but it was and still is a superb experience and most definitely recommend it! The views absolutely glorious , the pool ever inviting and gardens ... If I could would have stayed the month!!!

• Reviewed: 2 February 2015

Katrin the owner is amazing we had big problems getting a...

The drive through the upper parts of the Bo Kaap isn't to appealing - but don't be put off - once you get to the guest house its a little Oasis.

Katrin the owner is amazing we had big problems getting a hire car after forgetting my driving licence and Katrin couldn't have been more helpful going out of her way to try to sort things out for us. Amazing little touches too like giving you a mobile phone with useful contact numbers on - Katrin's mobile, taxis, etc. Nice pool area and if you can afford them go for one of the 1st floor rooms with city views - the night time views are incredible. No breakfast but cereals, milk tea and coffee are provided daily - and loads of cafes a short walk away - try Jason's just down the hill, sandwiches to die for. We will certainly re-visit next time in Cape Town.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2015

Good location close to Long Street and downtown area, nice...

Door locks into the room did not work well, a small thing but annoying when you're wrestling with it everytime you go In and out.

Good location close to Long Street and downtown area, nice view into downtown, friendly and helpful staff particularly Katrin the manager. Good value for money.

There are also 36 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Upperbloem Guesthouse and Apartments traveller photo gallery