Reviews of Vineyard Hotel 4 stars

#21 of 171 hotels in Cape Town

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

perfect
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

the staff was very accommodating and very efficient. breakfast was a treat. their gardens are an oasis in the middle of the hustle and bustle. the hotel is well situated.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Historic and charming.
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

A little too busy during day time as lots of locals use it as a meet up place.. be good to have residents only areas in library etc. Indoor pool is too cold.

Location is fantastic. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

My husband and I thought we knew good hospitality and...
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

Difficult to answer we loved everything about this hotel.

My husband and I thought we knew good hospitality and service .the Vineyard Hotel take it to a new level.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Exceptional
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

We were upgraded and received amazing service- staff were thoughtful and the room was spectacular. We also had a couples massage - the quality was top class and the staff were so courteous and professional. We can’t wait to come back! We’ve decided we’ll book in for a night in December

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

It seems as if a renovation has never been completed.
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

It seems as if a renovation has never been completed. The corridors look temporary and there was small 'snags' in the bedroom that looked like it hadn't been finished. Scruffy finishes

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Fantastic, beautiful gardens!
    • Mountain Facing Superior Room

Some courses in the tasting menu were too creamy and a bit sickly sweet - particularly the duck trifle!

Room was amazing, and we were made to feel so special for our honeymoon. Restaurant was also fantastic and great value given the location! The staff were great and super helpful. The garden is also stunning and well worth checking out!

The food
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

How far we had to walk to our room, we are an elderly couple and had to struggle to get to our room, also had to give way to the renovators who were moving furniture and carrying large round tables, very upsetting, they did change our room after complaining.

The food

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Incredible stay in Cape Town on my Birthday
    • Mountain Facing Superior Room

Nothing at all, I just wish I lived there.

The hotel was just incredible - it exceeded all my expectations. I couldn't stop posting instagram pictures - so stylish and peaceful it was. Even though they were doing some renovation work during the day time, after I complained about the noise, the staff has offered me another room which was an incredible suite! I also had my Birthday while I was staying at the hotel and I found a bottle of prosecco in my room on the day. Thanks so much!

More Good than Bad
    • Mountain Facing Superior Room

Wifi signal was terrible on the first day until the techy rebooted the AP. They were doing maintenance on both days we were there ie drilling and hammering. EXTREMELY ANNOYING!

Myoga was indescribable: Ezekiel was a welcoming and entertaining waiter. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner that evening. Room sizes were good, king size bed was comfortable. Beautiful mountain views. Cleaning staff were friendly and welcoming as well as porter staff.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

pleasant and comfortable
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

unfortunately our air conditioner was a bit noisy even when switched off. but nothing too disturbing.

my mom and I celebrated our birthdays at the beautiful hotel and spa and we were blown away from the comfortable rooms to the stunning garden and friendly staff. the staff went out of our way to make it a memorable stay. My 4 year old daughter had to accompany us on short notice and she was warmly invited and accommodated.

Always a pleasure
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

Some of the rooms are 'ires' and could do with renovating which it seems they are undertaking . The bar is daytime lounge - it needs much better lighting to make it into an evening/ night bar .

Lovely hotel . Beautiful location with great gardens . An old building with lots of character . Staff are always very helpful and friendly . Always a pleasure to visit .

Good reputation destroyed by short term greed over renovations
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

Renovations - see above !

This is normally one of the best hotels in Cape Town, and in many ways my stay was very good - rooms, food, general service. But all of this was let down by the appalling way renovations were bding handled. Noise so loud from construction right underneath my room, starting at 10 am, that the walls and floor were vibrating - and this went on until at least 11am when I left after unsuccessfully arguing with staff and the duty manager for it to stop. Shower only produced coal water. Hotel was fully booked, they should have closed off the rooms near the renovations while doing them. Dutyt manager admitted as much but said it was "instructions from head office".

A really nice hotel and would fully recommend.
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

The room was excellent and the staff were very helpful. The view of table mountain and the garden is amazing. The taster menu in the Myoga restaurant was lovely.

I loved everything.
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

I loved everything. The staff is lovely and very friendly. My room and bathroom was fabulous, and very clean. The bed and pillows were amazing. And the gardens and outdoor area and 🐢🐢🐢🐢 were the best and exciting for my little 0ne. This is our number one hotel.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Classic hotel in a beautiful building.

Nothing comes to mind

Classic hotel in a beautiful building. We could only stay one night and arrived late, but the view and the location is fantastic. The room was very big with an inner courtyard view and a balcony. Quiet and peaceful. Very friendly staff. An extra ordinary breakfast! We did not have dinner because we arrived so late.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Wonderful oasis
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

Incredibly helpful and efficient staff, wonderful grounds with views of Table Mountain, great breakfast, relaxed and well stocked bar for afternoon drinks

A truly fabulous hotel with wonderful staff. Loved the tortoises wandering freely in the gardens.
    • Mountain Facing Deluxe Room

The only criticism is that the hotel is used by a lot of business people conducting their meetings in hotel. A few times we were sat next to them whilst having breakfast and when you’re on holiday you don’t want to be reminded of work!

Staff were wonderful, food was delicious and service very attentive. Gardens are stunning with great facilities. We would definitely visit again.

Lovely walk in their beautiful gardens, very peaceful.
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

There is nothing I can think of that I didn’t like.

Lovely walk in their beautiful gardens, very peaceful. Friendly staff and a good breakfast. The bed and pillows were lovely.

Great facilities and helpful staff
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

We were in room 125, garden view, very noisy you can hear the piano from the breakfast room, and all the noise from the bar, shower door did not close and flooded the bathroom

Comfy beds, good breakfasts, wonderful patio area, beautiful scenery

Will be back
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

The full breakfast should be included in the price and the coffee is good but not the best

The renovated rooms are much better than the old rooms and the view of the mountain is incredible

Great escape
    • Courtyard Facing Deluxe Room

I booked the room with what it seemed to be with outside patio space and furniture, however in reality it wasn't the case. The location is rather far from the Waterfront (approx. 15 minutes ride by car/taxi), on the other hand - quite convenient for further exploration of Cape Town (Gardens, wineyards, etc.)

The amenities, staff and restaurant was truly great - wide range of food, including wines. The spa also provided some good experience on somewhat low price. The mountain view room and garden was nice

Have booked again next week
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

Was cold in the room as heating on our section was not working . Noisy due to refurbishment which we did not know about when booking.

Everything except what I did,nt like

I stayed at the POD Camps Bay the night before for R1972.
    • Mountain Facing Deluxe Room

I stayed at the POD Camps Bay the night before for R1972. The experience was far more superlative than the Vineyard which was R1.5k more per night. At POD, the attention to detail was sublime including hot water bottles at turn down. The hotel should have warned guests ahead of confirming stays that they were undergoing noisy renovations. We were moved to a new room after complaining but froze when the very noisy and ineffective heater was on at the highest level. We eventually turned it off because we could not sleep with the noise. All in all, disappointing relative to the cost of the stay

A great hotel
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

It is a beautful hotel in an amazing setting. It doesn't feel like your stereotypical hotel at all. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The food is amazing and you have so many different options to choose from.

If you're looking for attention to detail then this hotel has it.
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

There was no complaint about this hotel.

We had a lovely 3 nights as a family in this hotel.It was also a special weekend being our son's matric farewell. The attention to detail is amazing and the staff move mountains to meet all your needs.The ultimate was dinner at Myoga.That was so special.

The room service menu is identical to the bar menu!
    • Mountain Facing Deluxe Room

The room service menu is identical to the bar menu! And exactly the same in the restaurant!! Please extend your menus-it gets very boring after a couple of days!

I had a lovely stay i must say, wonderful staff and good food. Needed peace and quiet and found it.
    • Courtyard Facing Deluxe Room

The second day my room was not cleaned property. .our ropes were exactly were we left them in the couch. If i had to compare our the day after our first night and the day after our second night, i would think the room was not done or cleaned by one person. The second staff did nothing other than making our bed and there was one bathing cloth. Did not complain yes but for improvement i think the staff nees to be consistent.

I just noticed that they do not change the sheets on a daily basis. I dont know maybe they only change them when one check out. Food was great and the staff (waitresses) were amazing even the ladiea at the reception area. I would say all the staff at the Vineyard were amazing. I just loved the atmosphere of the hotel and the location

Lovely hotel in nice suburban location. Highly recommended.
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

Very noisy renovations were being done above our room. We were moved to another room when we complained but we do not believe we should have been given the affected room in the first place

Large room. Very comfortable king size bed. Great buffet breakfast. Helpful staff. Scenic walk in grounds

Beautiful modern hotel. Very cosy.
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

Kitchen only opens at 07:00 so you can't have various breakfast options until then.

You could swear that it's a five star hotel. Everything was great.

Honeymoon trip and the hotel upgraded us to a beautiful...
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

A bit more variety for breakfast for vegetarians.

Honeymoon trip and the hotel upgraded us to a beautiful suite and made us feel very special. Thank you! Hotel is very clean and in a very nice area.

overall enjoyed our stay and reception very helpful with late check-outs and travel arrangements
    • Mountain Facing Superior Room

unfortunately we had problems with plumbing. 1st room had a blocked shower which flooded bathroom and entrance area so we changed rooms. 2nd room also suffered from blocked sink caused by build up dirt. No doubt water shortages in CPT did'nt help.

excellent location with splendid views

My favorite hotel in South Africa!

It’s all perfect!

My favorite hotel in South Africa!! In fact - in the world! Staying at the Vineyard is like coming home - only a whole lot better! Beautiful beautiful gardens, super comfortable, beautifully appointed bedrooms, vibey common areas with great service and a world class breakfast! ALWAYS my hotel of choice in Cape Town. A real treat!

Good
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

Being waken up by a phone call of the reception on Sunday morning at 7:30 am ( they didn't know anymore if we're going to leave the room that day) was not a pleasant experience. We couldn't sleep anymore after that and the day didn't start properly. An hotel of such category should avoid those calls, especially on Sunday!

Great food, for dinner and for breakfast. The bathroom was very clean and functional.

A fabulous extended weekend.
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

The staff are excellent. I celebrated my birthday there and they organised flowers to be delivered from my partner. When we arrived back in our room in the late afternoon there was a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine. A really special touch from management.

Fantastic as ever
    • Mountain Facing Deluxe Room

Nothing really! Struggled a little with room temperature control and key deactivating but those were probably just our inability!!

The hotel retains its family-run old school charm! Staff were fantastic from arrival and valet car parking to all of the waiters and cleaners who were always cheerful and friendly. The setting is stunning, location great and good choice of restaurants to eat in. Overall will definitely be back.

Beautiful grounds, fantastic breakfast, decent in terms of the rest.
    • Mountain Facing Superior Room

The lady at the front desk was not the most helpful. I was under the impression that the room had a terrace and she was quite rude in explaining that no it didn't and she would charge more if we wanted that.. should could have handled it better. This was also our first night away from our baby, so it was quite a big thing for us, and when we got to our room it was two twin beds. They did fit it, it's just wasn't what we expected. Additionally, we were hoping to watch a movie but the hotel has the cheapest DSTV package which was surprising for an upmarket hotel. Lastly, my partner was surprised at how messy looking the hallways looked in terms of what is likely the doors to the water heaters. It looks like a very quick renovation was done to extend out the rooms to fit in those, which doesn't make sense. Just surprising...

loved the grounds, beautiful! the breakfast was also amazing!!

A great hotel with wonderful staff
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

The staff couldn’t help us enough, they even sent a package on to us after we had departed as we had left something in the room. The breakfasts were fantastic too.

Perfect
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

Unlike many hotels which make a woman travelling alone feel odd, I was courteously treated in the restaurant and throughout the hotel. It was an ideal, peaceful place to be based for my short research trip. Good sized swimming pool, glorious gardens and delicious food - what's not too like?

Great location, with a beautiful garden walk.
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

Valets need a serous attitude change. Waiters are friendly, but are extremely noisy during the outside breakfast service when you expect to enjoy the tranquil surroundings. Our room was apparently an upgrade (220) but you could hear all the noise from the restaurant so please avoid this room!

Great location, with a beautiful garden walk. Excellent breakfast. Great service from reception staff. Excellent service from the night staff in the lounge.

Beautiful hotel gardens and view. Amazing staff and excellent breakfast. Highly recommend
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

Amazing staff and manager upgraded us for my husband's birthday to a beautiful room along with comp champagne. Stunning view and comfy bed.breakfast buffet is five star!Loved our one night stay and didn't want to leave!

The Vineyard had come highly recommended and we were not...
    • Courtyard Facing Deluxe Room

The Vineyard had come highly recommended and we were not disappointed. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite in the garden area. I loved the view of the mountains when we were having breakfast. All of the staff were excellent and extremely friendly. Can't wait to return.

really enjoyed my stay overall!
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

Only enough coffee for 3 cups and milk the same. We were 2 people so we had to share the 3rd cup for milk. Please specify what is complementary in the room and what is not

Breakfast was awesome!

One of the best!
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

Internet reception in room was a bit unpredictable

Great hotel, superb location in beautiful gardens under the Table Mountain range. Very friendly and knowledgable staff. Complimentary cell phone in bedroom with free calls to UK

Beautiful location but restaurants below standard
    • River Facing Junior Suite

Average restaurants poorly located; slow meal service, especially breakfast; crowded gym (appears to be leased to outside personal trainers)

Great location with expansive gardens; pool;

Excellent hotel after a long flight
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

faulty air con which caused our clothes in the wardrobe to become saturated with water Menu in the Square restaurant should be changes daily to have more choice for visitors like us staying several nights

Breakfast excellent All staff pleasant & helpful

Fabulous!!
    • River Facing Junior Suite

The room we were in had solar panels on top of it, and they did make quite a bit of noise on the roof.

The Hotel is a landmark in the Newlands area of Cape Town. The breakfast is amazing, especially with the view of Table Mountain directly in front of you, and the service is impeccable.

Best hotel in a great location. My 1 stop destination every time we go to Cape Town
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

Love this hotel, great location and friendly staff. Have complained before about waiter staff and was pleased to see a number have changed and the new ones are great. Only suggestion would be that they give larger bottle of complimentary water given that you can't drink the tap water and a tiny bottle just doesn't make it through the night.

Will always return to The Vineyard.
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

The Terrace service still seems to be erratic with long waits for attention. I don'tthink the staff have their roles defined. We came for lunch prior to our stay with family and they got a poor view of The Vineyard, due to us being ignored by staff for quite a long time

Attentive staff -IT engineer put our own router in bedroom due to poor reception from central server. Splash Cafe very good service.

A lovely and relaxed setting under Table Mountain
    • Courtyard Facing Deluxe Room

The setting is exceptional as are the grounds and garden areas to the rear. An excellent sized swimming pool and gym add to the facilities. Many guests seem to be repeats and we can see why-it is an excellent venue to either commence or end a tour of the Cape area

Vineyard Hotel: Outstanding Review and 5 Star Excellence!
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

I cannot think of a single thing we didn't like.

Beautiful gardens and peaceful/tranquil/relaxing environment. We had the mountain facing room, the most gorgeous view of Table Mountain. The room was luxurious, king size bed and 5 star bathroom, enormous shower. Room service was impeccable and the staff were friendly and helpful. It is most definitely out new favourite hotel in Cape Town.

Beautiful surroundings but a little pricey.
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

Surly, grumpy breakfast waitress who only cheered up when we left a tip (as it was our last day on holiday) Witnessed her be abrupt and rude to others too. Air con not working in one of our rooms.

Spacious standard rooms. Beautiful pool and gym area. Lovely quality of food. Gardens stunning. We stayed in 2 connecting rooms which were nicely decorated, clean and stylish. Valet parking on arrival sets a nice tone. Friendly and efficient waiter in the evening.

• River Facing Junior Suite

Didn’t like the ground floor room near the spa

Beautiful hotel in a great location. Decided to pay a bit extra for a junior suite which, according to their website, had a little balcony with nice views. Was very disappointed when shown to our room that was dark, on the ground floor and with a very noisy air conditioning until. After the first night I spoke to the manager and he couldn’t have been nicer. Showed me a much brighter room, with a view and some light and all was well. Make sure you ask for a room on a high level!

Great location for OMTOM
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

Really well positioned for OMTOM, first class full service hotel. Rooms recently refurbished with very modern water saving bathrooms. Bonus was a shuttle service to the race.

Didn't quite live up to expectations. Expected hotel to be smaller and more intimate. Too corporate.
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

Rooms a bit disappointing given the price of the property. I've paid less for better rooms. No problem with comfort or cleanliness but there seemed to be some lack of little extras which make boutique hotel stays special like slippers, separate conditioner and shampoo, a large TV, a feeling of luxury.

Great location and very peaceful despite being so central. Lovely gardens and pool area. Terrace looked inviting although we didn't use it.

Romantic & luxurious hotel with superb gardens, staff and a beautiful atmosphere.
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

Amazing gardens, fantastic pool and gym. Our room was spacious and super clean. Very comfortable bed and great friendly staff. Buffet breakfast was delicous.

great stay for the cricket at Newlands. The hotel will stay in my memory for a long time.
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

the only adverse comments would be 1 the carpets and rooms need freshening up Some refurbishment is due 2 the guest relations and travel desk can be somewhat chaotic

location breakfast area on patio - great views and ambience value for money friendly staff style of old part of hotel

I have stayed at the hotel frequently over many years.

Read above.

I have stayed at the hotel frequently over many years. It is still good, BUT IT HAS SLIPPED> The staff were pleasant and helpful but there were little things in the room not quite up to standard. Also there were logistic mistakes. On my recommendation Mrs McIver recently booked a garden tour for a party of friends. A great tour but then they still got presented with the bill for tea when the tea was included in the tour cost. Further Mr McIver booked for a lunch on Friday 23rd to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary , the wedding reception having been held at the Vineyard. The booking was lost, the staff were not very helpful and the lunch ordered was poor, in fact not eaten in one case. No apologies or recompense. So a celebratory occasion has left a very sour taste in their mouths. Finally I accept dress standards are very casual now and that the bar will get raucous after cricket and rugby matches, particularly when they are held on the same day. Nevertheless a 5 star hotel charging international prices has to keep international standards. I think it Is quite reasonable to ask guests after, say, 6pm, in the public rooms to wear collard shirts, trousers and closed shoes. Finally I do not expect to hear the foul and course language in the public roomd that I heard on Friday and Saturday night. I moved my wife and I accet the staff is in a difficult position. But I will find it difficult to stay with you again, however delightful your hotel is unless I can be assured of reasonably acceptable behaviour by other patrons.

Old World Charm in a Glorious Garden Estate
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

The Vineyard has been meticulously maintained as a modern full service hotel while retaining the charm of its historical status as an original Cape homestead. The bedroom we had was large with an extra large King bed, immaculate bathroom and views onto a garden courtyard. Breakfast is of the highest standard. The art used as decoration is breathtaking. A wonderful hotel run by outstanding staff

Lovely property, staff need a bit of training to be more considerate
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

The staff came and tried to get into the room, twice, around 8am. Once to check the mini-bar, and another to ask what time I’d check out. Trying to sleep in, after an exhausting international trip, this was quite annoying! And there was no “do not disturb” sign - just a sign to ask for the room to be made. Also - usually when we travel and book through booking.com the payment is taken through the website, since all the information is already in the system. But the hotel insisted on payment at the property - this was a hassle as the room was booked through our office.

Amazing property

The view, the gorgeous garden, having breakfast in the...
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

Staff knocked on our door at 9 am on the last day of our stay asking to check our minibar. I found this quite disturbing.

The view, the gorgeous garden, having breakfast in the garden. Bed was super comfy.

Relax in the country while in the city.
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

The free wifi is far too slow. I travel with my own so it does not bother me that much but if you are relying on that, it would need to be better.

The rooms are stunning, the views are great where ever you look. Food was stunning and the staff could not do enough to make you happy.

beautiful hotel wish I had explored it more
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

The other guests appeared to be stunned to see black people at this hotel and some of the staff at breakfast where not so friendly

beautiful hotel very rustic and modern at the same time old colonial i would say

Laid-back place and a great base to explore Cape Town
    • Courtyard Facing Deluxe Room

Travel agents are not very informative. Other than that no major issues

Hotel is located outside the city center, but the location is very nice, if you have a rental car, then getting there is no problem. Hotel has all the facilities needed and staff is very friendly and helpful. Several top notch restaurants are right in the hotel - make sure to book in advance. Rooms are clean and comfortable. They even provide an android smartphone with free calls and internet to use during your stay!

Sevice amazing - nothing was too much trouble for the...
    • Standard Single Room with Courtyard View

Nothing really- I stay on this unique hotel every year because it is so perfect!

Sevice amazing - nothing was too much trouble for the welcoming, friendly well trained staff. Sadly, due to the water crisis in Cape Town, the Pool is covered for 3 hours in the middle of the day to stop evaporation. But all guests were understanding & it did not really impede their enjoyment of this amazing facility - the indoor pool remained open. Gorgeous Mountain view.

Very relaxing
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

One lady at the reception said there were no more rooms available at the hotel for the next night, while on the booking site there were plenty.

Excellent breakfast, beautiful swimming pool, Comfortable room

The location and garden was very pleasant.
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

The bathroom / WC at the end of the bedroom was separated by a glass screen and access was via a rolling glass pane. This provided no acoustical isolation of the WC and was tantamount to having no door at all. I explained when checking out that because of this major deficiency I would not visit the hotel on my next trip to Cape Town. Otherwise the hotel fulfilled the my expectations for a 5 star hotel.

The location and garden was very pleasant.

Beautiful swimming pool area with incredible views.
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

Long queues for breakfast on weekends

Beautiful swimming pool area with incredible views. Also a little map available at reception with jogging routes - nice touch!

Fabulous. Would recommend it to anyone going to Capetown.
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

The spa is not that great. Needs more staff and more up to date methods of doing simple things such as manicures and pedicures

The Vinyard hotel was fabulous. Comfortable rooms, staff who bent over backwards to help with every requirement

We will be back.
    • Standard Single Room with Courtyard View

Few areas around hotel where one could sit and work other than room or in cafe, restaurant- but staff were always on-hand to point out areas not being used. Business centre small but printer useful when needed. Would not be a problem at all if this has had not been a busy business trip.

Really helpful, friendly staff. When Wi-fi signal was to very god supplied a router for our room- ideal as working from room a lot. Wonderful grounds, breakfast the terrace a real treat. Good information about the Cape water shortage and timer provided in shower.

We were a bit disappointed it was so far from the Waterfront and the traffic was horrendous.
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

The room was so dark with hardly any natural light entering. The view onto the courtyard below wasn't very nice.

Breakfast was fine. Bed very comfortable.

Very relaxing and most enjoyable and would certainly return if in Cape Town.

Nothing really.

The breakfasts were excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The spa was very good. The grounds were lovely to walk in and there was always a good buzz in the hotel. It was safe to walk to the shops and there was a complimentary shuttle to a couple of local restaurants. We liked being out of the city but within easy reach by taxis.

Superb Stay
    • Courtyard Facing Deluxe Room

The breakfasts are outstanding . Freshly squeezed orange juice . Huge variety of everything you could want . Staff very helpful. Rooms a clean and spacious. Great value for money in Cape Town

Very enjoyable indeed.
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

Two small points. More hooks in the bathroom. Occasionally, staff who were very friendly & chatty could be a little to involved in their own social discourse to notice that the client needed attention.

The quality of all aspects of this hotel.

Great stay in one of Cape Town's legendary hotels. Plus, tortoises EVERYWHERE.

Lots of people have commented about the expansion of the hotel being a bad thing. Apart from the pool being crowded during the hottest part of the day, we didn't find this a problem (mainly because I am the only swimmer and either swim very early, or just before dinner), but we don't really sit around pools anyway.

The wonderful staff and the excellent atmosphere. The gardens are very beautiful, and the pool - when it's not crowded - is a delight. The standard of the food is uniformly good, and overall it's a lovely place to stay.

Great stuff,horrible check out
    • Courtyard Facing Superior Room

Unexpected charges.See all the hotels I had visited term and conditions were explained to me clearly.The concerns here is the mini bar,in all hotels I have been to,if the room had a bar fridge...the charge was included in the room fee(e.g Zimbali resort and Thaba Eco hotel).But here at vineyard we where presented with a bill of R3800 when we checked🙆🏽🙆🏽Yep apparently we should had read the prices and that we had to pay for the mini bar so the lady at reception Sade sarcastically said🤔We wouldn't have mind paying that if the nice lady who welcomed and took us over our room had mentioned it.We tried giving feed back to Sade that This should be mentioned to guest "Anything consumed from the mini bar will be charged extra"...easy simple and helpful,she arrogantly said all guest know about this😵As travel bloggers we had come to a conclusion that the Vineyard was amazing until check out.Really messed up everything.Safe to say we won't be going there ever again.

The place in general was amazing.The staff at the restaurant were great and made my stay one of a kind.

Browse Vineyard Hotel traveller photo gallery