Stay in the heart of Zermatt – Excellent location – show map
First opened in 1879, Grand Hotel Zermatterhof is a traditional luxury establishment in a central but peaceful location in Zermatt. It features 3 restaurants, free WiFi access, and the Vita Borni spa area with a spacious pool, a sauna area and treatment
Guests are picked up from the train station by the Zermatterhof's either by an electric car or in a blue horse-drawn carriage.
The individually furnished rooms and suites offer panoramic views of the mountains. Most rooms even offer views of the Matterhorn. In addition, all rooms feature a kettle with Ronnefeldt tea, a Nespresso coffee machine, complimentary mineral water and soft drinks from the mini-bar, as well as fresh fruit and wine upon arrival.
The Zermatterhof's restaurants include the Alpine Gourmet Prato Borni, which has been awarded 16 GaultMillau points and 1 Michelin star, serving Valais-style cuisine in a sophisticated atmosphere. The Brasserie Lusi offers fine dishes with a French touch, and at the saycheese! Restaurant, guests can enjoy traditional Swiss cheese dishes such as fondue and raclette. Classic afternoon tea is served daily in the Rudenbar and the Stars Bar features live piano music every day. A smoker's lounge is available and open all day.
The restaurant terrace, the 2 bars and the hotel garden are suitable for receptions. There are 5 modern, air-conditioned rooms for banquets and conferences for between 5 and 250 people.
Grand Hotel Zermatterhof is a member of the “Preferred Hotels & Resorts” and “Swiss Deluxe Hotels”. A ski pass is available at the front desk.
This is our guests' favorite part of Zermatt, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.7 for a two-person trip.
- Zermatt-Sunnegga - 1,600 feet
- Matterhorn Express Gondola - 2,200 feet
- Zermatt - Furi Ski Lift - 2,200 feet
- Matterhorn Express 1 - 2,350 feet
- Eisfluh - 4,500 feet
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- do the hotel have a heated open air pool in winter seasonno, but we have a nice whirle pool inside.Answered on 27 December 2020
- Do the rooms have air conditioning?Good day, unfortunately not. Most of the hotels in zermatt do not have AC as it is quiet cold during the night. Kind regardsAnswered on 8 August 2021
- Hi. What room can accommodate 2 adults, 2 kids (5&7 yrs)?Hello, we recommend connecting rooms in this case. Please contact our reservations team for further information, thank you.Answered on 21 June 2022
- Where I have to park my car? In which Garage? Also do you have free shuttle service from The parking to the Hotel? and how much the parking coast?You can park your car in Täsch. At the station in Täsch is the big parking Matterhorn Terminal. You can also park your car with the private garages in..Answered on 15 July 2021
- Hello, Do you have a free shuttle from the hotel to ski lifts? Also, can i book a shuttle from the airport to your hotel roundtrip?We do not have shuttle service to the ski lifts but our concierge can organize a taxi for you. Also for the airport shuttle we can help you organizing.Answered on 25 March 2022
- Still looking?
Alpine Gourmet Prato Borni
Food: French, International, European
3:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Until 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 6 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
The number of cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
There are no extra beds available at this property.
All cribs are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed. Charges may apply.
When booking more than 4 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Grand Hotel Zermatterhof accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
FAQs about Grand Hotel Zermatterhof
Grand Hotel Zermatterhof has 3 restaurants:
- Alpine Gourmet Prato Borni
- Brasserie Lusi
Room options at Grand Hotel Zermatterhof include:
Yes, this hotel has a pool. See details about the pool and other facilities on this page.
Grand Hotel Zermatterhof is 650 feet from the center of Zermatt.
Grand Hotel Zermatterhof offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Fitness center
- Hot tub/Jacuzzi
- Turkish/Steam Bath
- Bicycle rental (additional charge)
- Game room
- Tennis court
- Golf course (within 2 miles)
- Spa facilities
- Swimming pool
- Locker rooms
- Massage chair
- Bicycle rental
- Waxing services
- Temporary art galleries
- Spa lounge/Relaxation area
- Body scrub
- Beauty services
- Steam room
- Body treatments
- Spa/Wellness packages
- Body wrap
Check-in at Grand Hotel Zermatterhof is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 12:00 PM.
The prices at Grand Hotel Zermatterhof may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Yes, there's a hot tub. You can find out more about this and the other facilities at Grand Hotel Zermatterhof on this page.
Guests staying at Grand Hotel Zermatterhof can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.5).
Breakfast option(s) include: