Grand Hotel Zermatterhof
Bahnhofstrasse 55, 3920 Zermatt, Switzerland –
Excellent location – rated 9.6/10! (score from 330 reviews)
Rated by guests after their stay at Grand Hotel Zermatterhof.
Double Room Deluxe with Matterhorn View
Double Room Classic with Matterhorn view
Suite with Matterhorn View
Small Double Room
Double Room Classic
Double Room Deluxe
Junior Suite with Balcony
Suite Deluxe with Balcony
5 Reasons to Choose Grand Hotel Zermatterhof
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
One of our top picks in Zermatt
The Zermatterhof has been welcoming illustrious guests from all over the world since 1879. The old families of Zermatt, the burghers, constructed the Grand Hotel themselves, without payment. The village vicar at that time, Josef Ruden, came up with an unusual idea to help his congregation: the oldest families in the area – the burghers of Zermatt – should take economic advantage of the surge in tourism by building a hotel. The energetic vicar succeeded in motivating the burghers of Zermatt to do as he suggested and, over the three years from 1876 to 1879, they turned his vision into a reality by building the Zermatterhof. With its 94 rooms and 150 beds, at that time the Zermatterhof was the largest of all the hotels at the foot of the Matterhorn. In order not to inflict huge debts on themselves and their fellow citizens, the burghers of Zermatt promised to work for free on the construction of the hotel. In return for this charitable work they were granted usufructuary rights to the property, which in essence continue to apply today. Today the Grand Hotel Zermatterhof welcomes illustrious guests into its five-star surroundings in exactly the same way as it has done ever since.
Area Info – Guests loved walking around the neighborhood!
- Mountaineers' cemetery 0.1 miles
- Matterhorn Museum 0.1 miles
- Matterhorn Golf club 0.3 miles
- Zermatt railway station 0.3 miles
- Zermatt - Furi Ski Lift 0.4 miles
- Matterhorn Express I 0.4 miles
- Furi - Riffelberg 1.5 miles
- Matterhorn Express 2 1.5 miles
- Furi - Trockener Steg 1.5 miles
- Riffelberg - Gifthittli 1.8 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Matterhorn 5.3 miles
- Klein Matterhorn 5.7 miles
- Ski Lift Saas Fee - Alpin Express II 9.2 miles
- Allalin Glacier 9.3 miles
- Ski Lift Bifig 10.2 miles
- Kalbermatten-Bifig Section 1 10.2 miles
- Ski Lift Stafelwald 10.3 miles
- Ski Lift Saas Fee - Spielboden 10.3 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Coop Supermarket 0.2 miles
- Gonergrat Bahn Ski lift 0.2 miles
- Malpensa Airport 53.7 miles
- Agno Airport 55.7 miles
- Turin Airport 57.5 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
Alpine Gourmet Prato Borni
Open for: Dinner
Open for: Dinner
Food: French, International, European
Open for: Lunch, Dinner, High tea, Cocktail hour
Most Popular Facilities
Pool and Spa
- Swimming Pool
- Fitness/Spa Locker Rooms
- Spa/Wellness Packages
- Spa Lounge/Relaxation Area
- Steam Room
- Spa Facilities
- Body Wrap
- Body Scrub
- Body Treatments
- Waxing Services
- Beauty Services
- Indoor Pool
- Turkish/Steam Bath
- Hot Tub/Jacuzzi
- Massage (additional charge)
- Fitness Center
- Ski Passes Available
- Ski School (additional charge)
- Ski Storage (additional charge)
Pets are allowed. Charges may apply.
- Game Room
- Tennis Court (additional charge)
Food & Drink
- Special Diet Meals (upon request)
- Snack Bar
- Restaurant With Dining Menu
- Breakfast in the Room
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
No parking available.
Front Desk Services
- Concierge Service
- Baggage Storage
- Currency Exchange
- 24-Hour Front Desk
Entertainment & Family Services
- Babysitting/Child Services (additional charge)
- Daily Housekeeping
- Ironing Service (additional charge)
- Dry Cleaning (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Fax/Photocopying (additional charge)
- Business Center (additional charge)
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities (additional charge)
- Designated Smoking Area
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Packed Lunches
- Honeymoon Suite
- Non-smoking Rooms
- Room Service
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
From 2:00 PM
Until 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
All children under 2 years stay free of charge in a crib.
All children under 12 years are charged CHF 140 per night for extra beds.
Any additional older children or adults are charged CHF 200 per night for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds in a room is 1.
Any type of extra bed or crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are allowed. Charges may apply.
Grand Hotel Zermatterhof accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.