Reviews of JW Marriott Dubai 4 stars

Hamarain Centre, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#194 of 423 hotels in Dubai

I used to be a customer of Traders hotel & Best Western for long time .
    • King or Twin Room

The Italian Restaurant and the spacious room ..

The staff and the room was excellent , it was my second trip and will keep coming because the Rooftop is amazing.

The hotel makes my stay in Dubai a wonderful one <3

The staffs are very helpful and friendly! They make us feel like home. The facilities are excellent and luxurious. I also love the space and restaurants there such as Piano Lounge, Marketplace and Bamboo which are very cool and cozy. Wish to come here again soon.

*Despite the the requests and reminders, till today, they...
    • Diwan Suite

*Despite the the requests and reminders, till today, they have not released the amount of money they hold from my card *Before arrival, I called the hotel twice (using the phone number provided by booking.com) and communicated with them through booking, but they didn't respond to me.

Fine.
    • King or Twin Room

At the bathroom .. there is no separate houze for private personal cleaning. Alqebla sign is on the desk ... it should be on the ceiling, when I moved in I but my bag on the desk .. so it was very hard for me to find alqebla in order to pray. The furniture is a bit old.

I was invited to a wedding, so I booked in the Hotel. It's very close to the airport. At the reception I was offered a Marriott membership application number to use for next time.. that was very nice, thanks.

A great hotel in the centre of Dubai
    • Family Room

Cleanliness could have been a little better, I’d recommend more attention to detail during the cleaning of the rooms, for example, the handle to the mini fridge was rather greasy to the touch when opening it.

I stayed with my family and it was a wonderful stay! Far better than a lot of other good hotels that I’ve stayed at in Dubai over the years!

Stop over
    • King or Twin Room

Our second room was located above the restaurant and the noise at night was so loud that we couldn’t sleep. After notifying staff we got a new room.

Staff - very professional Room - clean and great amenities

DXB~Deira

Liked everything

Hotel was near the airport, staff was very helpful, polite and professional. Upon our arrival we were welcomed with mango and pineapple juice at the reception desk. Room was very spacious and clean with big bathroom equiped with towels, all sorts of cosmetics, big bath tub and shower. Bed was big and comfortable. There was also big TV, electric kettle, cups and complimentary coffe, tea, milk and bottled water every day. The best thing was the on the 5th floor - health center with swimming pool, jacuzzi, bar, gym, spa... and again great staff. Bottom line, it isto good value for money and you won't regret if choosing JW Marriott.

Not a quite room
    • Executive Suite

Whilst I stayed in an executive room, there was too much noise coming from the pub to my room in floor 4. The noise starts from evening until 3 AM. I didn’t feel comfortable and didn’t enjoy my stay .

Close of everything

Nice hotel with good location. We only stayed for one night and we enjoyed it. The stuff is great!
    • King or Twin Room

I didn't like the fact that we had to pay extra for the internet. For a 4 star hotel I think this is a big minus. Also, the curtains are of poor quality and kind of dirty.

I loved the spaciuous room and especialy the big bed. Also, the nice bathroom and the fact that they have a separate mirror space. The staff was also very friendly and helpfull.

Must have stayed there at the wrong time, but wont consider this hotel again.

We were unfortunate to stay here on the new years night. The party went on till 3 AM or so and till then the loud music was impossible to tolerate. They left a note in the room informing that there would be a party in the night. Thats it. Nobody on the first two or three floors of the hotel who were not partying might have slept that night. I booked the hotel for two nights but deeply annoyed, cancelled my second night and checked out the very next day itself. I must mention that they had the courtesy to cancel the second night for free.

Its very close to airport so reaching the hotel is comfortable and you could depart to airport after the check-in begins.

Clean well
    • King or Twin Room

so far from dubai downtown, so experience a kind of traffic jam during evening rush hour

Clean well Breakfast buffet so good Service men is very nice

Excellent stay. Near deira and main attractions. Excellent breakfast
    • Executive King Room

The aircon was set at a specific temperature , which was cold . It defaulted to that.

The room was huge. Breakfast selection on par with some of the more expensive hotels.

The room I booked and paid extra for through booking.
    • King or Twin Room

The room I booked and paid extra for through booking.com was not the room I was given . I arrived at 1 am and was very upset to find this out at this time of the morning when the kids and myself were very tired .

I wouldn't stay in this hotel for holiday. Just for business
    • King or Twin Room

very shabby economy rooms. This hotel has excellent reception (face) but the "backstage" can be rated as 2,5 - 3 stars but not 4 or 5.

Friendly personal. Food and drinks were OK, no complains but very small choice.

The hotel was very clean, friendly staff and helpful.
    • King or Twin Room

I didn't like the fact that they did not have my choice of non-smoking room with King size bed available for the first night. I also didn't like the face that WIFI was not free. I believe Bookings.com should make this known to customers

The hotel was very clean, friendly staff and helpful. The room was big and very comfortable. Good value for money compared to other hotels. The available transportation to Diera City Center is helpful.

Nice place to be
    • King or Twin Room

When we arrived the Hotel deducted an extra 1000 dollars from my credit card which was not notified in advance. I did not appreciate that because it would limit my spending's around town. And they dont ask for your permission they just go ahead and do it

This hotel was located in an area not too busy. We liked that. The staff was very helpful and pleasing. It is a nice hotel and everything was very good. Nice rooms very comfortable and amenities on the spot. Great

An established building which needs to be renovated
    • King or Twin Room

The standard wifi provided it's slow and doesn't allow videocalls, which I found anachronistic, especially in Dubai. The gym equipment was old, as the rest of the hotel. Breakfast is not included and quite expensive. Not a good location if you need to go to the city center as the traffic is terrible.

Good selection of fine restaurants inside the hotel. The room was big. Great staff.

Sure to visit again
    • King or Twin Room

They still charge on basic Wi-Fi ...

Although old it's very clean, endless supply of good quality amenities, all staff helpful with a smile. Restaurant options excellent.

Always better than expected .
    • King or Twin Room

I have stayed at this property earlier also I love the location ,room ,ambiance ,convenience .staff in short every thing about the hotel. From the time one enters the property till one leave a true sense of hospitality business can be witnessed here .The time I checked in I was attended by a gentleman Mr Abdullah who made sure that I was given a bigger room and a complimentary internet access .This property in specific and the other Marriott properties in general take care of the requirements of their frequent visitors and reward card holders . I wish the entire management all the success.

Friendly staff tidy rooms .
    • King or Twin Room

Was given a card that didn't work . When I wish to inquire about my booking had to redirected twice before I got the right person to talk to. The fees was higher than expected when taxes were considered

Friendly staff tidy rooms .

Will never stay again at this particular location.
    • King or Twin Room

We were very dispointed with management as they offered us a what was supposed to be a complimentary breakfast only to force to pay $130 for it and we had no choice but pay it and move on, because of that situation we DO NOT recommend this hotel at all.

Nice clean hotel and friendly workers.

Nice short stay
    • King or Twin Room

1- Kids pool is not shaded. 2- After agreeing over the phone with the front desk to check-in my family by 3pm in advance to my arrival later by 6pm (the guy had to confirm to me after talking to his manager). Upon my family arrival, the front desk guy (apparently another one) made a hassle over what I had agreed and didn't check-in my family until full night fee and tax were charged using another credit card. He didn't want to wait for me to use the same credit card I used to confirm/guarantee my booking via booking.com seems there is no proper coordination between booking.com and the hotel. 3- Need to work on the breakfast options. 4- Forget about outside views. 5- How on earth WiFi is provided on an extra charge because we did the booking via booking.com!!! Very disappointed!

Booked for one night after a family wedding. My notes are as follows: 1- Old but well maintained. 2- Very clean comfortable beds. 3- Excellent bathrooms & Shower. 4- Good food. 5- Quick service. 6- Excellent for a 4-star hotel.

Nice
    • King or Twin Room

Did not like The reception The mistakes done at the reception were every thing we did not get was referred to "because u did the reservation through Booking.com" and the check in took almost 45 minutes!!!!

Lovely but expensive..quite far from the action
    • Family Room

The extra taxes increased out costs by 30%...it was very expensive in the end.

The pools were lovely and the staff were super helpful. Decor in the entrance halls were great.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

The hotel over all was good as we had my sisters wedding...
    • Diwan Suite

They don't have a proper pool for the children . The hotel is really old when it comes to furniture and the bathroom needs renovation . For the money that you pay you would expect more facilities for kids at least .

The hotel over all was good as we had my sisters wedding there . It was easy to move around . The food at the wedding was great too .

Receptionist Sunita were very rude with me and another...
    • Executive Suite

Receptionist Sunita were very rude with me and another client named Alzahrani from Saudi Arabia. She even refused to get the manager when we ask for him, she said I am the manager. I have asked for a manager may be about 7 pm, i got a respond at may be 9 or 10 pm. .I have decided to go out but then i met Mr Randy and we settled our issues but Sunita had destroyed my first night with my wife at your hotel. very bad experience. you will not be my first choice nest time I come to Dubai. and I have another three training courses with GLOMACS at your hotel

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

The staff threw my stuff a way, cameback after two hours...
    • King or Twin Room

The staff threw my stuff a way, cameback after two hours from check out date and it was not there ( and it was not food), manager was informed and all he could say "i am sorry" "sorry" It did not return my stuff back and it did not compensate my lost!!!!

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Quality of restaurants and gym
    • King or Twin Room

Totally overpriced in comparison with other premium hotels in Dubai. Have stayed in Dubai many times in local chain hotels with 5 ***** and have seen better quality and comfort for much less $ Not centrally located

Quality of restaurants and gym

Everything.
    • King or Twin Room

Free Internet should be provided irrespective whether you are a Gold Member or not. Bad reception in the room. Should have provided a room with Balcony.

Everything....

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

No sleep
    • King or Twin Room

Loud music from the lebanese restaurant, I couldnt sleep at all. One of the reception her name is "Hazel" is so bad in dealing with the guests , the others are friendly.

Most of the staff are friendly and cooperative The location also is nice

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Uncomfortable bed, not sound proof
    • King or Twin Room

The bed was extremely uncomfortable, and the extra bed was basically wires so we slept on the floor. The carpets n curtains r a bit old and dusty and I got an allergy. Worse of all: you hear the ballroom music every night! Couldn't sleep before midnight. Couldn't wait to go back home and sleep in my own bed.

Food was great, nice choice of restaurants, room spacious, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Great stay but extras are letting them down
    • Executive King Room

Internet charging and firewall hidden costs

Everything but the loaded charges for internet that was too slow for downloads . In today's world internet is a right not a paid privilege . Other issue is the fexecutive club room is too small and if you take breakfast outside they want to charge you more

not happy

As . explained above

1) the guy at the reception lied and gave us smoking room (i asked for non smoking room due to my 3 yrs old asthematic problem) 2) the.room.wasnt.ready even though i called 6 hrs before i arrived 3) not happy

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

it is good but with a high cost
    • King or Twin Room

wifi to the room wasn't free the hotel was expensive compare to its facilities the location was faraway

breakfast & lunch was delicious room service was good

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Great for business.
    • King or Twin Room

Rooms were a bit old. And it was difficult to set the air conditioning at the temperature you wanted. It was often very cold.

Great executive lounge. Very helpful staff. Nice selection of good available. The staff catered to all our needs. The facilities were excellent for a conference and training program. I particularly enjoyed the great restaurants that were present.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

A few days of sheer luxury
    • Executive Suite

All the staff were caring and courteous. The executive room was tastefully furnished, and with extremely comfortable beds. The food and drink in the executive lounge couldn't have been bettered.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Fantastic stay
    • King or Twin Room

From arriving there until leaving everything was great. Shah showing me to the room and explaining everything, waseem at the pool bar, Sheila and Antony in the champions bar. Was handy for the metro to get around and the housekeeping people were great always making sure I had supplies of water, tea, ,coffee etc

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

All the equipment and power supplies at the rooms damaged or...
    • King or Twin Room

All the equipment and power supplies at the rooms damaged or not working properly and the internet is not good at all

Great stay!
    • Family Room

Hrlpful friendly staff, Clean room, nice, relaxing rooftop pool, Great buffet dinner - good variety of choices.

Bed duvet cover was not confortable.
    • Executive King Room

Bed duvet cover was not confortable. Material is not soft. It feels like rain coat.

OK

OK

Ok

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

It is good
    • Executive Suite

Bad invoicing they did mistakes

Very nice place
    • King or Twin Room

Bathroom, there is no water wire

Great place , Nice people especially Mr Issam mohran very kind and active person helpful

Location and staff

Location and staff

very friendly atmosphere

very friendly atmosphere

Why is CNN the only American news channel? Why not Fox News...
    • King or Twin Room

Why is CNN the only American news channel? Why not Fox News, also...

• King or Twin Room

when i check in the reception person irritated too much

I had a great stay
    • King or Twin Room

The breakfast was perfect with plenty variety to choose from. The staff were courteous and friendly always willing to help

Nice stay
    • King or Twin Room

Room and food are so nice

Happy, good for
    • King or Twin Room

Bathroom cleaness, smell was not good.

The breakfast option were excellent.

Ground staff was excellent

Bath room area

Ground staff was excellent

Living up to the brand

Old structure and facilities

Hospitality; exec lounge

Good , comfortable.
    • King or Twin Room

Nice lobby and good breakfast.

The way the staff treat u like a criminal 😡 when u are an...
    • Executive King Room

The way the staff treat u like a criminal 😡 when u are an African

Nice hotel

Nice hotel

Staff were very friendly. checkin was smooth and easy even though we arrived too early.
    • Executive Suite

Stayed in the executive suite. Very nice and tastefully decorated. value for money. The food in the executive lounge was great. staff very friendly

Fantasticly helpful people. Front office staff and especially manager were amazing.
    • King or Twin Room

Staff were excellent. They did their best to meet all my requests.

Best Hotel is Deira area
    • Amiri Suite

Room was upgraded as complimentary, and service is so accurate and on time. Thanks for front desk manager Raed & Richard :)

• King or Twin Room

For such a wonderful hotel the single ply toilet paper is a poor offering. For such a classy hotel you need to review this

Amazing rooms

Premium Place
    • Executive Suite

Food was delivered promptly. Staff was very attentive.

Royality

Close to the markets

Close to the markets

I am so happy

اfantastic hotel

It was a good stay with them
    • King or Twin Room

Sophia at the front desk is an excellent host

To recommend

Nothing to dislike

The pool and tidiness loads of water staff...no single objection. Very friendly yet still highly professional

Very nice place

Perfect

Nothing at all

Over all the hotel is perfect on all aspects

Excellent stay!!
    • King or Twin Room

Breakfast was superb throughout. Very nice Asian and continental touch.

very good

very good

In all, it was close to the places I needed to get to. So that was a plus for me
    • King or Twin Room

The internet connection was crappy

Great food, timely service

staff

cleanliness

staff

Front staff at hotel very nice so helpful with knowledge of everything about attractions and other t
    • Executive King Room

I really appreciate people working breakfast areas very friendly and helpful staff

Old rooms

Old rooms

Excellent stay
    • King or Twin Room

Shower door did not close (glass)

The bed was very comfortable

I booked the lounge so it was very nice