Stay in the heart of Cardiff – Excellent location – show map
The stylish, central Royal Hotel Cardiff is a 2-minute walk from the Principality Stadium (formerly the Millennium Stadium) and a 5-minute walk from the train station and St David's Shopping Center.
Set in a Grade II listed Victorian building hotel built in 1866, The Royal Hotel now boast modern features like rooms with air conditioning, an LCD TV and free broadband, and some come with views of the Principality Stadium. There is free Wi-Fi throughout the building.
Breakfast is served most mornings in the famous Oak Paneled Scott Room which can seat up to 130 guests and can be used as a wedding and function venue. It was in this room that Captain Robert Falcon Scott held his farewell dinner prior to his fateful expedition to the Antarctic in 1910. Fitz's bar offers a selection of light meals, snacks and cocktails made to order.
This is our guests' favorite part of Cardiff, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.4 for a two-person trip.
- Is there on site parking and how much if there is. ThanksDiscounted parking is provided at NCP Westgate Street (CF10 1TL) The cheapest deal is to validate parking with the hotel at £16 for 24 hoursAnswered on 25 February 2020
- Do you need photo ID or deposit to check in let me know NicolaHi Nicola, Yes we require photographic ID upon check in.Answered on 28 June 2020
- What is the exact procedure to get the discount for the parking? Do we park first and pay NCP as we leave at which time you'll have given us a code?Good evening, Yes, park your car in NCP Westgate Street first and keep the ticket which you will be given with you. Then you pay £18 for 24 hours o..Answered on 5 September 2022
- Hello, just wondering How much more for rose petals on the bed with flowers and a champagne bucket?Hello, Unfortunately we do not do rose petals and flowers. You can add a champagne to your room. Prices below. Moet - £48.50 Veuve Clicquot Rose Brut..Answered on 8 August 2022
- Check in time plz ?Good morning, Our check in time is from 3:00pm, however you are more than welcome to leave luggage with us free of charge from midday. Kind Regards, JustynaAnswered on 26 June 2022
- Still looking?
- Toilet paper
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Clothes rack
- Flat-screen TV
- FruitAdditional charge
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Parking garage
- Invoice provided
- Private check-in/out
- Baggage storage
- Express check-in/out
- 24-hour front desk
- Daily housekeeping
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Key card access
- 24-hour security
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Wake-up service
- Hardwood or parquet floors
- Laptop safe
- Ironing facilities
- Non-smoking rooms
- Wake-up service/Alarm clock
- Upper floors accessible by elevator
3:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
3:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
There are no extra beds available at this property.
All cribs are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
The Royal Hotel Cardiff accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Guests with heavy luggage or disabled access requirements are recommended to arrive via the Westgate Street entrance, CF10 1TL, which is step free.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), make sure you're booking this property in accordance with the destination's local government guidelines, including (but not limited to) the purpose of travel and maximum group size.
In accordance with government guidelines to minimize transmission of the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property currently isn't accepting guests from certain countries on dates where such guidelines exist.
In accordance with government guidelines to minimize transmission of the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property may request additional documentation from guests to validate identity, travel itinerary, and other relevant info on dates where such guidelines exist.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Food and beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Due to coronavirus (COVID-19), this property adheres to strict physical distancing measures.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), wearing a face mask is mandatory in all indoor common areas.
It's not possible to stay at this property for coronavirus (COVID-19) quarantine purposes.
Please inform The Royal Hotel Cardiff of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
Bar is closed from Sat, Aug 08, 2020 until Wed, Sep 30, 2020
FAQs about The Royal Hotel Cardiff
The Royal Hotel Cardiff is 1,150 feet from the center of Cardiff.
Room options at The Royal Hotel Cardiff include:
Check-in at The Royal Hotel Cardiff is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
The prices at The Royal Hotel Cardiff may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
The Royal Hotel Cardiff offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):