You're eligible for a Genius discount at West Highland Hotel! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
The “Road to the Isles” ends at the harbor of Mallaig, with ferries to the Hebrides leaving from this remote and peaceful part of Scotland.
Overlooking the village, this hotel offers rooms with attached bathroom with Freeview TVs. All rooms from Classic upwards rooms boast views of the harbor and islands beyond.
With ample free parking, guests can discover the rugged and unspoiled coastline towards Skye to the south, and there are many hiking routes straight from Mallaig around the neighboring Lochs Morar and Nevis.
A 5-hour direct train journey through some of Scotland’s most picturesque landscapes joins Mallaig to Glasgow.
Our Terrace has now been transformed into a cozy lounge (with breath-taking panoramic views) in which we serve cold local platters, light bites, cakes and scones. For guests that would like a larger meal there are a variety of restaurants within a short walking distance of the hotel.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.2 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- do you have rooms that dogs (and other pets) are never allowed in. we want a clean room with a sea view.Yes we have both pet friendly rooms and non pet friendly rooms. However all of our rooms are deep cleaned after pets have been staying, hence the extr..Answered on 26 June 2021
- Are there disabled facilities at this hotel?Our King Suite is a ground floor. wheelchair accessible room. The back entrance to the hotel is also wheelchair accessible.Answered on 26 June 2021
- Are all rooms sea view. Also how far from train stationOur Standard rooms do not have a sea view, all other room types have a sea or harbour view. We are approximately a 5 minute walk from the train statio..Answered on 26 June 2021
- Hi Looking to book with you for the summer, just me and one dog. Is there anywhere I can eat dinner and bring the dog? Thanks AshleyYes we have both eating and drinking areas that are dog friendlyAnswered on 26 June 2021
- Hi does the price include breakfastIt depends on which package you book whether breakfast is included. If breakfast is shown as an extra cost when booking then breakfast is not included..Answered on 26 June 2021
- Still looking?
- Toilet paper
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Outdoor fireplace
- Picnic area
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun deck
- Electric kettle
- Clothes rack
- Coffee house on site
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Snack bar
- Electric vehicle charging station
- Accessible parking
- Daily housekeeping
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Baggage storage
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Invoice provided
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Key access
- Designated smoking area
- Smoke-free property
- Hypoallergenic room available
- Family rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
- Beach umbrellas
4:00 PM - 10:30 PM
7:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 4 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
Debit card West Highland Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please inform West Highland Hotel of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
FAQs about West Highland Hotel
Room options at West Highland Hotel include:
West Highland Hotel is 1,000 feet from the center of Mallaig.
Check-in at West Highland Hotel is from 4:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Yes, West Highland Hotel is popular with guests booking family stays.
West Highland Hotel offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
Guests staying at West Highland Hotel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 7.2).
Breakfast option(s) include:
The prices at West Highland Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.