Get the celebrity treatment with world-class service at The Retreat at Blue Lagoon Iceland
Featuring a subterranean spa, a geothermal lagoon and a restaurant that re-imagines Iceland’s culinary traditions, this 62-suite luxury hotel is encircled by the Blue Lagoon’s mineral-rich waters.
All rooms provide a mini-bar with soft drinks, wine and Icelandic beer, turndown service, WiFi and 24-hour room service.
Located in the heart of an extraordinary volcanic frontier, the Retreat offers all guests unlimited access to the Retreat Spa, the Retreat Lagoon, the Blue Lagoon and Blue Lagoon Ritual, as well as skin care amenities. Designed to erase the boundaries between hospitality and well-being, each suite becomes the foundation of a relaxing, rejuvenating and exploratory experience.
Offering daily guided group hikes and yoga sessions as well as afternoon Icelandic coffee in the shared lounge, this hotel has a 24-hour front desk, concierge service and valet parking. An à la carte breakfast is served each morning.
Guests at The Retreat at Blue Lagoon Iceland will be able to enjoy activities in and around Grindavík, like hiking. There is also a fitness center at the property that guests have access to. Keflavík Airport is just 14 mi from the property.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.9 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
ATM: Need cash? This property has an ATM on site.
- Is the retreat spa includedAccess to the Retreat Spa, Retreat Lagoon, Blue Lagoon Ritual and the Blue Lagoon is included during your stay.Answered on October 11, 2019
- any free shuttle servicing between the hotel and the airport?Whether you seek a private car, taxi, or helicopter, our guest relations team can assist you with all your transportation needs.Answered on January 8, 2020
- How much per night does this suite cost?The price for a Lagoon view junior suite is from ISK 180,000 per night per suite. Included in that price is e.g. full access to the Retreat Spa, Retre..Answered on December 29, 2020
- Is the lagoon completely private? So you stay in the lagoon suite and no 1 else is in that part of the lagoonThe Lagoon Suite offers a private geothermal lagoon which you enter directly from the suite.Answered on July 24, 2020
- Are all food included or it’s just the breakfast?Á la carte breakfast is included in the stay, as well as afternoon tea in the Retreat Lounge.Answered on July 24, 2020
- Still looking?
Open for: Dinner
Most popular amenities
3:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 3 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
The number of cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
There are no extra beds available at this property.
All cribs are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 4 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
The Retreat at Blue Lagoon Iceland accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about The Retreat at Blue Lagoon Iceland
The prices at The Retreat at Blue Lagoon Iceland may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
The Retreat at Blue Lagoon Iceland is 2.6 miles from the center of Grindavík.
Room options at The Retreat at Blue Lagoon Iceland include:
From the nearest airport, you can get to The Retreat at Blue Lagoon Iceland by:
- Taxi 20min
The Retreat at Blue Lagoon Iceland has 3 restaurants:
- Spa Restaurant
- Lava Restaurant
- Moss Restaurant
Guests staying at The Retreat at Blue Lagoon Iceland can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 10.0).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- À la carte
Check-in at The Retreat at Blue Lagoon Iceland is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
The Retreat at Blue Lagoon Iceland offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Fitness center
- Golf course (within 2 miles)
- Facial treatments
- Beauty services
- Steam room
- Hot spring bath
- Body treatments
- Bicycle rental
- Yoga classes
- Walking tours
- Horseback riding
- Full-body massage
- Body wrap
- Spa lounge/Relaxation area
- Waxing services
- Body scrub
- Spa facilities