This property isn’t taking reservations on our site right now. But don’t worry, you can find tons of other nearby properties right here.
Castello Di Gabbiano
Via Gabbiano 22, 50024 Mercatale Val Di Pesa, Italy – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.7/10! (score from 138 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
You're eligible for a Genius discount at Castello Di Gabbiano! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
A historic castle dating back to the 14th century, the Castello Di Gabbiano is set among 100 hectares of olive groves and vineyards. The rooms come in a Tuscan Renaissance style. Florence is 14 mi away.
The property is a working farm, with trekking paths among the vineyards. The large garden is complete with outdoor swimming pool.
The rooms are charming and elegant, and feature rustic terracotta floors and wooden furniture. Air conditioning is available in the summer.
Breakfast at the Castello includes Tuscan specialties, and is served in one of the drawing rooms or out in the garden.
From April until November, lunch and dinner are available from Tuesday evening to Sunday evening at the restaurant 250 feet away. Wine tastings are organized daily.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.7 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
- Is the pool open end Sept/early Oct?Yes our pool is open until November/December. Kindly CorneliaAnswered on September 24, 2020
- Hi there! Do you offer wine tasting / vineyard tours?Dear Guest, yes we do offer wine tasting at our cellar door and guided tour in the ancient cellar. In order to check our availability and the opening ..Answered on May 13, 2022
- Hello- Can you please tell me the rate getting from Florence train station to you and return to Florence city by taxi or other transportation￼￼?Dear Sir, from Castllo di Gabbiano to Florennce station is Euro 117 (one way) with private car and driver. Best, BarbaraAnswered on April 30, 2022
- HOW FAR IS THE CLOSEST TOWN? DO WE NEED A CAR? WE WERE COMING FROM FLORENCE TRAIN STATION. ALSO WILL THEIR BE DINNER AVAILABLE ON MONDAYThe closest city is Florence. The nearby villages like San Casciano VP and Greve in Chianti are 10 km far from us. It's highly recommended to reach ou..Answered on August 9, 2022
- Do you have any availability in August 2023Please note, reservations for 2023 are not open yet, it will be possible to book from the end of the year.Answered on June 26, 2022
- Still looking?
Open for: Lunch, Dinner
Most popular amenities
2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 12 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs and extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Castello Di Gabbiano accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Pets are not allowed.
The fine print
Dinner can be arranged onsite during November 2020.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), wearing a face mask is mandatory in all indoor common areas.
Please inform Castello Di Gabbiano of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
Swimming pool #1: Closed from Mon, Oct 31, 2022 until Sun, Apr 30, 2023
FAQs about Castello Di Gabbiano
The prices at Castello Di Gabbiano may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Room options at Castello Di Gabbiano include:
Yes, this hotel has a pool. See details about the pool and other facilities on this page.
Castello Di Gabbiano is 1.8 miles from the center of Mercatale Val Di Pesa.
Castello Di Gabbiano offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Temporary art galleries
- Cooking class
- Bicycle rental
- Themed dinners
- Horseback riding
- Swimming pool
- Walking tours
- Tour or class about local culture
Check-in at Castello Di Gabbiano is from 2:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Castello Di Gabbiano has 1 restaurant:
- Il Cavaliere
From the nearest airport, you can get to Castello Di Gabbiano by:
- Car 40min
- Taxi 40min
Guests staying at Castello Di Gabbiano can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.2).
Breakfast option(s) include: