Sier aan Zee
Oranjeweg 59, 9161 CB Hollum, Netherlands – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.5/10! (score from 666 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
Beautifully hidden in a hollow in the dunes, Sier Ameland is a unique accommodations where the friendly staff are more than happy to share the delights of the island with you. After a day of exploring, retreat to the comfort of your modern double, 4-bedded or 6-bedded room.
Each of the rooms in the three buildings offer private bathroom facilities. Rooms are located around a large sports field and playground where you can play volleyball, have a kart race, play on the swings or relax with a drink. Socialize with the other guests in our friendly bar or the restaurant or relax by the cozy fire in the sun room when it’s cold outside.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.3 for a two-person trip.Sier aan Zee has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Jul 4, 2008
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- is het mogelijk in deze coronatijd in juni te booken? wij zijn twee mensen en een klein hondje. wij zouden graag bij jullie van 8 tot 11 juni wonenHartelijk bedankt voor uw bericht. Dat is zeker mogelijk. Via Booking kunt u een kamer bij ons reserveren. Met vriendelijke groet, RuthAnswered on 15 May 2020
- Have you taken any precautions for check-in because of the coronavirus?We take any precautions for check-in of the coronavirusAnswered on 18 May 2020
- Do I need a lock for the lockers?No you don 't need a lock because we don 't have lockersAnswered on 16 January 2020
- Can I use my own sleeping bag?All the beds have sheets and a Duvet so it 's not necessary to bring your sleeping bag.Answered on 16 January 2020
- How much does it cost to rent a lock?We don't have a lock because it's very save her. You always can give you valuables at the reception if you don't trust.Answered on 16 January 2020
- Still looking?
- Private Bathroom
- BBQ facilitiesAdditional charge
- Horseback ridingAdditional charge
- Golf course (within 2 miles)Additional charge
- Kid-friendly buffet
- Packed lunches
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Smoke-free property
- Family rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
From 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM
From 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 18 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
When booking for more than 10 people, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Cash Debit card ATM card Sier aan Zee accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note that guests who book a double room may be staying in a quadruple room. The other 2 beds will not be occupied in that case. These quadruple rooms have bunk beds instead of a double bed.
Beds are not made prior to arrival. Guests will receive bed linen upon arrival. Towels are available for a surcharge.
Please use the Special Comments box when you are traveling with children.
Please note the following policies apply for group bookings of 10 people or more:
- All guests have to be present upon check-in
- A list with passport numbers must be given upon check-in. The form will be sent to you after reservation.
- A safety deposit of EUR 500 may be requested to cover incidentals
- The full amount has to be paid minimum 1 month prior to arrival. Sier aan Zee will contact the main booker directly with payment details
- If canceled 3 months or longer prior to arrival, no fees will be charged
- If canceled between 2 and 3 months prior to arrival, a 15% fee will be charged
- If canceled between 1 and 2 months prior to arrival, a 35% fee will be charged
- If canceled between 2 weeks and 1 month prior to arrival, a 60% fee will be charged
- If canceled between 1 and 2 weeks prior to arrival, a 85% fee will be charged
- If canceled 1 week or less prior to arrival, the full amount of the reservation will be charged
FAQs about Sier aan Zee
Sier aan Zee offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Golf course (within 2 miles)
- Horseback riding
Sier aan Zee has 1 restaurant:
Check-in at Sier aan Zee is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 10:00 AM.
Sier aan Zee is 0.9 miles from the center of Hollum.
Guests staying at Sier aan Zee can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.1).
Breakfast option(s) include:
The prices at Sier aan Zee may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
The nearest beach is 1,150 feet from Sier aan Zee.