Get the celebrity treatment with world-class service at Sorrisniva Igloo Hotel
Situated 12.4 miles from Alta’s town centre, along the Alta River, is this special igloo hotel. The impressive 2,000 m² structure is made entirely from snow and ice every year and offers guests a unique experience.
Reindeer leather sleeping pads and ultra-warm sleeping bags are provided in each Sorrisniva Igloo Hotel guest room. With a constant temperature between -4 and -7 °C, guests are encouraged to bring their own thermal under garments.
A modern service building is located next door and features showers, changing rooms and a luggage storage room. Sorrisniva also has a sauna and 2 bookable, outdoor hot tubs for warming up and relaxation.
Local specialities and produce are offered at the 2 on-site restaurants. Guests can enjoy drinks at the ice bar, served in glasses made of ice.
Artistic ice sculptures are on display throughout the hotel. Staff will gladly assist with booking a snowmobile safari to explore the surroundings.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.3 for a two-person trip.
- Do you have wheel Chair access?We do have wheel chair access. Please note this to your eventual booking.Answered on 6 November 2019
- What are the best months to book this hotel for the ultimate snow experienceHi, the best winter months is when the Igloo Hotel i open. 20th December to beginning of April. But you should be aware of the Arctic Lights, which changes during this periode, and this will affect the winter experience.Answered on 13 January 2021
- Is end of March a good time to stay at igloo hotel and see northern lightsYes, March is a very good time to experience the northern lights. The Igloo hotel is open until 7th of april.Answered on 15 January 2022
- Is the a toilet etc in the roomHi, In the igloo hotel there i no toilets, we do have toilets and shower in the main buildning.Answered on 20 December 2021
Open for: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
- Outdoor fireplace
- Picnic area
- Tour or class about local cultureAdditional charge
- Walking tours
- Coffee house on site
- Wine/champagneAdditional charge
- Kid meals
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Snack bar
- Accessible parking
- Private check-in/check-out
- Luggage storage
- Tour desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Board games/puzzles
- Fax/photocopyingAdditional charge
- Meeting/banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke alarms
- Shuttle serviceAdditional charge
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Designated smoking area
- Non-smoking throughout
- Allergy-free room
- Wake-up service
- Soundproof rooms
- Family rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Airport shuttleAdditional charge
- Non-smoking rooms
- Entire unit wheelchair accessible
- Entire unit located on ground floor
- Spa/wellness packages
- Hot tub/JacuzziAdditional charge
- SaunaAdditional charge
14:00 - 20:00
06:00 - 12:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children older than 3 years are welcome.
Children aged 12 years and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Prices for extra beds are not included in the total price, and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds allowed is dependent on the option you choose. Please check your selected option for more information.
There are no cots available at this property.
All extra beds are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
Sorrisniva Igloo Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
FAQs about Sorrisniva Igloo Hotel
Sorrisniva Igloo Hotel has 1 restaurant:
- Sorrisniva restaurant
Check-in at Sorrisniva Igloo Hotel is from 14:00, and check-out is until 12:00.
Sorrisniva Igloo Hotel offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Hot tub/Jacuzzi
- Walking tours
- Spa/wellness packages
- Tour or class about local culture
Sorrisniva Igloo Hotel is 6.8 miles from the centre of Alta.
Guests staying at Sorrisniva Igloo Hotel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 10.0).
Breakfast option(s) include:
The prices at Sorrisniva Igloo Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
Room options at Sorrisniva Igloo Hotel include:
Yes, there is a hot tub. You can find out more about this and the other facilities at Sorrisniva Igloo Hotel on this page.