Vila Camacho Guest House
Beco da Amoreira 26, Sao Martinho, 9000-086 Funchal, Portugal – Great location - show map
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
You're eligible for a Genius discount at Vila Camacho Guest House! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.With Gorgulho - Gavinas Beach reachable in a 17-minute walk, Vila Camacho Guest House provides accommodations, a restaurant, an outdoor swimming pool, a garden and a terrace. Complimentary WiFi is provided throughout the property.
There's a fully equipped private bathroom with shower and a hairdryer.
A buffet, continental or gluten-free breakfast is served at the property.
A car rental service is available at the bed and breakfast.
Marina do Funchal is 1.6 miles from Vila Camacho Guest House, while Girao Cape is 6.9 miles away. The nearest airport is Cristiano Ronaldo Madeira International, 15 miles from the accommodation, and the property offers a paid airport shuttle service.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 8.5 for a two-person trip.Vila Camacho Guest House has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Oct 28, 2021
Distance in property description is calculated using © OpenStreetMap
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- How far is the main airport to you and easy to get a bus or taxi from airport because am not driving travelling with 2 children ?Hi, The airport is around 35 minutes by car. You have the AeroBus, but the stop is far from our vila. Usually we recommend a taxi, or we can booked a..Answered on 22 February 2022
- Hi, how am far would be the main trekking areas - or at least the closest ones and would it be possible to reach them with public transport? Thank youHello! Many of Madeira's levada walks and trails are actually accessible by public bus! Examples are the Levada do Furado and the Levada dos Balcões i..Answered on 13 August 2022
- Hello there. I would like to ask what time breakfast is served?Hello! Our continental breakfast is served between 7:30 and 10:30 in our main dining room. An exception can be made to serve breakfast earlier if nece..Answered on 16 January 2022
- Hello! is early check in possible (for extra fee if needed)? we are arriving to Funchal at 1:30AM(Hi there! Our reception is open 24 hours a day, so there will always be someone waiting for you and ready to check you in at any time of the day, or e..Answered on 14 April 2022
- Hello, I’m interested in staying in your hotel and as I’m Coeliac I need a gluten free breakfast can you provide this? Many thanks JacintaHello, Thank you for your message. Yes you have to inform us and we included a few gluten free items in the breakfast. Regards Vila Camacho GHAnswered on 8 July 2022
- Still looking?
Managed by Vila Camacho Guest House
- O Vizinho
- Open forDinner • Cocktail hour
- Dietary optionsVegetarian • Vegan
- Toilet paper
- Private Bathroom
- Wardrobe or closet
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun deck
- Socket near the bed
- Bike toursAdditional charge
- Walking toursAdditional charge
- HikingAdditional chargeOff-site
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable channels
- Coffee house on site
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Snack bar
- Street parking
- Public transit ticketsAdditional charge
- Invoice provided
- Baggage storage
- 24-hour front desk
- Daily housekeeping
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key access
- 24-hour security
- Designated smoking area
- Smoke-free property
- Hypoallergenic room available
- Wake-up service
- Hardwood or parquet floors
- Car rental
- Family rooms
- Airport shuttleAdditional charge
- Non-smoking rooms
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
- Opening times
- Open all year
- All ages welcome
- Saltwater pool
- Beach chairs/Loungers
- Full-body massage
- Hand massage
- Foot massage
- Back massage
- Beach chairs/Loungers
- MassageAdditional charge
From 2:00 PM to 12:30 AM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
From 12:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children over 3 are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
No age restriction for check-in. (Only children 3 and up are allowed)
Cash Vila Camacho Guest House accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Parties/events are not allowed
Guests need be quiet between 11:00 PM and 7:00 AM.
Pets are not allowed.
The fine print
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), wearing a face mask is mandatory in all indoor common areas.
This property does not accommodate bachelor(ette) or similar parties.
Please inform Vila Camacho Guest House of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
License number: 120159/AL
FAQs about Vila Camacho Guest House
Guests staying at Vila Camacho Guest House can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.1).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Check-in at Vila Camacho Guest House is from 2:00 PM, and check-out is until 12:00 PM.
Vila Camacho Guest House offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Back massage
- Walking tours
- Hand massage
- Bike tours
- Foot massage
- Swimming pool
- Full-body massage
The prices at Vila Camacho Guest House may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Yes, this hotel has a pool. See details about the pool and other facilities on this page.
Room options at Vila Camacho Guest House include:
Vila Camacho Guest House is 1.3 miles from the center of Funchal.
Vila Camacho Guest House has 1 restaurant:
- O Vizinho