Mantis Akagera Game Lodge
Akagera National Park Kayonza District, Akagera, Rwanda – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.5/10! (score from 121 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
The hotel will provide guests with air-conditioned rooms offering a desk, an electric tea pot, a minibar, a safety deposit box, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a shower. At Mantis Akagera Game Lodge every room is equipped with bed linen and towels.
Breakfast is available daily, and includes buffet, continental and Full English/Irish options. At the accommodation you'll find a restaurant serving African and International cuisine. Vegetarian, dairy-free and gluten-free options can also be requested.
Speaking English and French at the reception, staff are ready to help around the clock.
The nearest airport is Kigali International Airport, 52 miles from Mantis Akagera Game Lodge.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.6 for a two-person trip.Mantis Akagera Game Lodge has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Dec 15, 2021
Hotel chain/brand: Mantis
Distance in property description is calculated using © OpenStreetMap
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- We are three however, I am going for only one room. thxI regret to advise that we do not have any rooms that can accommodate 3 adults. You will need to reserve a double room and a single room to accommodat..Answered on 16 June 2022
- Hi, can you please provide me your safari options including prices. Thank you.Good morning. Please check the African Parks site for the latest listings of activities and prices. All park activities are conducted by the parks man..Answered on 21 May 2022
- Hello, My wife and I are hoping to visit in July (15-18), but we are vegan. Can you please tell me about your dining options. Thanks, SamHello Sam We offer vegan meal options on request. When you make you reservations please clearly stipulate that you are vegan. Our chefs will then prep..Answered on 17 March 2022
- Hello, is lodge located inside the park, so we don't have to pay entry park fees?Apologies for the delayed response. The lodge is inside the boundary fence of the park and park entry fees are payable when staying at the lodge. Kin..Answered on 9 August 2022
- Hello Sir.. thank you for reply. however my question is we are family of 3 & I have booked one room & ready to pay extra for third one ( my daughter)Hello. If your daughter is under the age of 12 years, she can share the room and is accommodated free of charge. Our rooms are unfortunately no of suf..Answered on 29 June 2022
- Still looking?
- CuisineAfrican • International
- Open forBreakfast • Lunch • Dinner
- Dietary optionsVegetarian • Gluten-free • Dairy-free
- Toilet paper
- Towels/Sheets (extra fee)
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Garden view
- Outdoor fireplace
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun deck
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Tour or class about local cultureAdditional charge
- Bike toursAdditional charge
- Walking toursAdditional charge
- Tennis equipment
- FishingAdditional chargeOff-site
- Tennis court
- Flat-screen TV
- Satellite channels
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Kids' mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Invoice provided
- Baggage storage
- Express check-in/out
- 24-hour front desk
- Indoor play area
- Board games/Puzzles
- Board games/puzzles
- Babysitting/Child servicesAdditional charge
- Daily housekeeping
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Key access
- 24-hour security
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Designated smoking area
- Air conditioning
- Wake-up service
- Hardwood or parquet floors
- Packed lunches
- Family rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Toilet with grab rails
- Wheelchair accessible
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
- Opening times
- Open all year
- Suitable for kids
- Pool/Beach towels
- Pool bar
- Beach chairs/Loungers
- Beach umbrellas
- Kids' pool
- Beach umbrellas
- Beach chairs/Loungers
From 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM
From 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 12 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
The number of extra beds allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
There are no cribs available at this property.
All extra beds are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 7 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Cash Mantis Akagera Game Lodge accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
FAQs about Mantis Akagera Game Lodge
Mantis Akagera Game Lodge is 0.7 miles from the center of Akagera.
Mantis Akagera Game Lodge offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Tennis court
- Tour or class about local culture
- Walking tours
- Tennis equipment
- Bike tours
- Swimming pool
Check-in at Mantis Akagera Game Lodge is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Room options at Mantis Akagera Game Lodge include:
The prices at Mantis Akagera Game Lodge may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Yes, this hotel has a pool. See details about the pool and other facilities on this page.
Mantis Akagera Game Lodge has 1 restaurant:
Guests staying at Mantis Akagera Game Lodge can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.8).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- Breakfast to go