Reviews of Hotel & Gasthof Fraundorfer This is the official star rating given to the property by an independent third party - the Hotelstars Union. The property is compared to the industry standard and scored based on price, facilities and services offered. Use the star rating to help choose your stay!

Ludwigstr. 24, 82467 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany

#9 of 13 B&Bs and Inns in Garmisch-Partenkirchen

Parfect choice in Garmisch

Absolutey nothing to complain about.

With wife and two kids we stayed in Junior Suite apartment which we found spacious, comfortable, quiet, sunny and clean. Balcony big with view of mauntains. Very good breakfast. Staff kind and professional. Hotel location in town center near to restaurants.

A taste of German tradition in Garmische-Partenkirchen

No problems

This is a wonderful traditional hotel on a historical street in GP. Restaurant has great food with an accordian player and young dancers demonstrating traditional dances nightly (exc. Tuesday) . Enjoy a warm Beer schnapps topped with whipped cream. Breakfast is wonderful and varied. Some of the rooms are basic but all bathrooms are modern. On-site parking but no lift. You cannot spend a night here and not feel strong German history and tradition. Always memorable!

Overall experience was great staying here. We will come back to Garmisch in the near future

Stiff on breakfast timings, but this is subjective. Flexibility would be appreciated. As a hotelier, felt hospitality in this regard could be better, as we serve in India. One must visit India to experience hospitality!!

Food, Beverages definitely top quality. Very much liked triple occupancy accommodation....a private small room for third occupant, with toilet n bathroom outside in common area of room-that was great.

Upon arrival to the hotel staff was not accommodating at all...

Upon arrival to the hotel staff was not accommodating at all didn’t even have-eye contact with us very unwelcoming I Felt we were imposing on them. the room was very small and not comfortable but I know we didn’t upgrade so I didn’t expect much dinner was disappointing as the service and staff were not very friendly we have frequented this place many Times before for dining and have always enjoyed This time we decided to stay in the hotel very big mistake between the room the service and the food I would suggest the management speak to the front of the house personnel to smile more and be more interested when receiving new guests This hotel has a wonderful reputation and could still have a great one but I just think that the staff is lacking in direction from the management how to receive a guest

Food and entertainment was awesome.
    • Family Room

Food and entertainment was awesome. Room was nice and quiet. They were doing some construction on the back parking lot but didn't affect us. The process was a little confusing as you walk into the restaurant and go to the counter to check in, you kind of feel like you are in the wrong place, but your not. Dont be shy, just go to the counter and check in. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Would highly recommend.

Quaint, traditional German gasthof.
    • Family Room

There is no elevator and we were on the third floor. Also, the parking is limited.

Beautiful, rustic hotel. The dinner and live music were wonderful and the backerei right down the street was great for breakfast.

Wonderful staff close to shops and dining options

A fan in the room would be nice it was a little warm at night

We had dinner at the property restaurant it was exceptional even had music/entertainment

We stayed two nights in an apartment.

Loud singing and shouting from the restaurant until late evening. Deer skull wall decor and deer horn chandelier in the room made me feel uncomfortable (it is Bavarian style but I felt weird)

We stayed two nights in an apartment. The bed sheets and towels are changed every day.

excellent location with parking in Partenkirchen.

This is the 2nd time I have stayed at this Guest house. I stayed here with my son in 2017 and my other son and his family June 2018. Both times I reserved (2) rooms. both times I was unlucky to get room #17 which is not a very good room. they had updated the bathroom from 2017 but the twin beds were still very uncomfortable, room was very hot and as a senior it was difficult to climb 3 flights of stairs. However my son's family stayed in a lovely apt this year behind the original guesthouse which was very nice. Thus the rating. Depending on which room you get will affect your stay. Some are not very comfortable and some are very nice. ask not to stay in room # 17 and you might get lucky and get a very nice room.

Excellent location in Garmish Partenkirchen. lovely street and neighborhood. The family restaurant offers entertainment every night except Tuesdays. Parking is free but limited. Evening meal is typical Bavarian food and good. Breakfast was plentiful and good. Location is excellent for touring the area. Staff is efficient and friendly.

Family run and felt very authentic.

Windows barely open so can get warm

Family run and felt very authentic. Many Germans stay here and dine here. Most of staff was really welcoming- very noticeable as single traveler. Best location in center of Partenkirchen

Group stay

room had beds for multiple people, but the bedroom and the main room were separated by the bathroom, so you were locking in the bedroom people when using the bathroom (this is just a personal preference to not have the only bedroom entry/exit be through the bathroom)

parking right behind the hotel (just get there early! they have a small lot, so can't guarantee you a spot, there is other parking nearby if you don't make it) hotel restaurant (this is where you check-in and check-out) with live music at 7pm and slap dancing at 7:30pm, good food and fun! nice balcony with patio furniture, large table to sit around and chat bakery conveniently down the block - Benedict Sieß at Ludwigstraße 7 (we didn't want a full breakfast, but wanted some pastries, so it was perfect!) easy to walk around this part of town, but we drove to the main part of Garmisch

Huge room.
    • Family Room

Stairs were very steep. No air conditioning. Room could do with more lighting.

Huge room. Very bright and modern toilet. Quiet location. Excellent restaurant with amazing music, dance and yodelling. Easy parking.

The staff and the wonderful people we me while dining.

Leaving😢

The staff and the wonderful people we me while dining. The evening meal and entertainment should not be missed. We visited in the off season and all of the other restaurants in the area where nearly empty. This place was packed to capacity and everyone was there to party... German style! Reservations are a must.

This is a party place every night - which reflects sleep quality

I stayed here for 4 nights from Thursday to Monday. It is a very authentic place, where you probbaly can experience som true Bavarian culture, but it is also a place where they sing, dance and play music every night (also Sunday night), so if you´re in your room at the above floor, don't expect to get any proper sleep before the party is over. Exactly for that reason, I would not stay here another time since I came for hiking and not for partying. Despite this, rooms are good and clean (but very small), and breakfast is really good (however, it is charged 9 euro in addition to the already payed price).

Authentic guesthouse with great restaraunt in the heart of Garmish

On the downside: We had an issue with parking and the staff was inert.

On the upside: Rooms are nicely decorated in Alpine style and equipped with comfortable furniture. The bed and bathroom deserve separate praise. Guesthouse runs its own restaurant which offers great dishes from local cuisine and a full selection of draft Paulaner beer. Location is perfect for restaurants and shopping.

In the center, clean and relativ very expensive.

I was travelling with my child and frends. There is no restaurant or bar. In the evening you can by only beer in the pub. We need to pay extra tax what was not writen on booking.

Generaly speaking it was very clean - it was surprise for my.

For the experience we were looking for the Hotel &...

For the experience we were looking for the Hotel & Gasthof Fraundorfer in Garmisch-Partenkirchen met our expectations. We ventured out during the day and returned to be entertained at the Gasthof in the evenings.

Loved the view of the mountains which were very close by;

Loved the view of the mountains which were very close by; good location; convenient parking; helpful staff. The restaurant was a lot of fun too. I found my stay to be a very unique experience and I would stay here again.

Comfortable and unique place to stay.

Some of the staff were not very friendly. Forced smiles, eye rolls.. they appeared to really dislike their jobs.

Comfortable and unique place to stay. The newer family rooms were decorated nicely.

Room was nice.

Staff was far from helpful, except for Barbara. When asked where to park car, we were told to just park in the back. No signs were available with instructions about parking, we were then asked to move the car. We were served day old bread and the food was not fresh as expected in Germany.

The room itself was nice and modern, loved the soap and the design of the room. Beds were comfortable and the room was clean.

You will not regret a moment
    • Standard Twin Room

Carrying bags up the steps and far from the bahnhof

Filled with history. It is clean, comfortable, convenient, value for money and the staff are very friendly and helpful

At dinner, I wanted to order the side order of...

At dinner, I wanted to order the side order of wienerschnitzel (I just wanted a small portion) and salad. The waitress said it is too small and that I should order the full meal. It was too much as full meal. I wish my son and I just ordered one meal to share. My son could not eat the full meal as well. One order would have been plenty. Then we would have been able to have dessert, which I would have loved.

Obviously a very popular location in Garmisch-Partenkirchen.

The property has certainly been well-used in the past, and now appears quite "tired"! Also, the breakfast buffet was served in an area which could certainly use some attention. For example, the table cloth at my location was grey, but it didn't conceal soils from previous users, nor the crumbs they left behind.

The bed was very comfortable, and the shower was delightful.

Authentic ambiance with a warm hospitality.

It felt like a family home and we were welcomed throughout the stay. The wonderful music shut down at 10pm like clockwork and all was quiet after that for some excellent sleeps. The women helped us with bus details and served a beautiful breakfast!Authentic

Extra bedroom, parking and floor heating
    • Family Room

No elevator, not being told about the parking in the back (not on the booking.com info nor on the phone upon asking)

Extra bedroom, parking and floor heating

Awesome hotel in a great location!
    • Family Room

Room was fantastically Bavarian-themed, clean, spacious, and had a great view! Hosts were wonderfully warm and inviting, spoke English very well! Highly recommend!

Wanna comeback!!
    • Family Room

Fraundorfer is great because of their owners. Mrs Barbara is that owner with the look and attitude of a mother, that takes care of their guests/children. We felt at home. Room was a great experinece, very comfortable for myself and my two adult sons. Breakfast and restaurant at the Fraundorfer is not only to eat, is to have fun, to enjoy a typical meal from Bavaria, to listen to good music, and to leave with the feeling of "I want more!!!". Thanks to Mrs Barbara and her sister for the kind welcome.

Characterful property in beautiful Partenkirchen
    • Double Room with Balcony

It's a bit of a hike to the railway station (also for the ski train).

Friendly staff, clean and warm room, nice breakfast - and great dinners in the evening with local Bavarian entertainment and beer! Lovely setting in the picturesque town of Partenkirchen.

Still a nice property aside from the aforementioned comments.

Bathroom was so small we couldn’t extend our elbows to shave or apply makeup. One elbow hit the wall and the other hit the shower. Also, the bed tilted so much I was afraid of falling over the edge.

Location was perfect. We walked to the Kindlemarket and train station easily.

Disappointed

The overall comfort of the beds and more soundproofing. Staff didn’t seem overly friendly but they spoke German and we only speak English so that may be a factor. They did answer a question in English concerning the wifi but she was rather abrupt with her answer.

The bathroom in our room was modern and very clean.

Accomodation provides wellness but you just get some...
    • Double Room with Balcony

Accomodation provides wellness but you just get some touristpass and have to go to public wellness center in town 1km far away. It’s not too comfortable.

We also made reservations at the restaurant for the slap dancing. It was fun. Good German food.

Staff are a bit gruff and rude. Parking is first come first serve and behind the restaurant.

Views and room was great. Small apartments behind the restaurant.

Great stay. Really enjoyed the hotel, restaurant and surrounding area.
    • Family Room

WiFi didn’t work the whole time we were there but we took the opportunity to be together without internet distractions.

Unique to the family and we really enjoyed it. We ate there three night in a row. Second night is because my daughter chose it for her birthday after experiencing it the first night.

Fantastic breakfast.

On our arrival we were not told about or given the tourist travel passes.We walked around in the snow for three hours. The Tourist Information lady told us about the passes.

Fantastic breakfast.

Short stay but sweet and restfull.
    • Double Room with Balcony

All good, but our schedule required leaving for the airport before breakfast was available. Forgot to ask if a snack to go was available.

Staff members were awesome. 24/7 Coffee and other hot beverages in the Lobby. Close proximity to the underground subway, especially as it was raining. Located across the street from a large enclosed shopping mall.

Great hotel, great restaurant, great time!

A fan would be great (only because I'm one of those people that sleep with one on).

We loved the Fraundorfer! The breakfast was amazing. The staff was so friendly and helpful. Our room was just the right size and the bathroom was spacious. We even had a little sitting area outside of our room. We were in walking distance of many of the sites we were going to visit. The city itself is beautiful to walk through and explore. We will definitely be back next year!

Nice family run hotel in a gorgeous location
    • Double Room with Balcony

Check in was casual at best - we were given our room number but no directions or offers of assistance. Our room was on the 2nd floor (3rd US) and we're seniors. Fortunately we are fit enough to manage luggage and stairs but it would have been nice to be asked!

Great location with lovely balcony - views to the mountains. Quiet and spotlessly clean.

Great stay at a local icon.
    • Family Room

I've known about the Gasthof for many years but finally got to stay there. The rooms were charming & comfortable and ours had wonderful views. Staff were warm and friendly. At night there was lively entertainment downstairs (but upstairs remained quiet). It was a real treat to stay right on Ludwigstrasse, we enjoyed a beer on the historical street & then headed out to the many points of interest nearby. The trail heads plus a bike rental company are a few blocks away, perfect location for us!

Mom and daughter, the two Barbaras, were a delight.

The bathroom in our double room was very small and a bit challenging to move around. We made it work and took shifts when needing to use.

Mom and daughter, the two Barbaras, were a delight. Very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good, especially the yogurt! Our rooms were clean and adequate.

Wish we could have stayed longer. Beautiful view of the Alps.
    • Double Room with Balcony

This is a rustic Bavarian themed Gasthaus. We liked that. Enjoyed dinner twice in the restaurant. Huge portions for even a large appetite. Easily share a dinner. Awesome food, and service with Ilona. Buffet style continental Breakfast was optional and we chose to have breakfast both mornings. In house evening entertainment, traditional accordion performance with two young boys in lederhosen dancing. Draws a large crowd nightly. No elevator, beware if you are packing heavy luggage.

Awesome family-run accommodation and restaurant.

More lighting in our room.

Dinner at the restaurant was the highlight. Family run, so much fun, singing, dancing and got to know other guests. One big party atmosphere. Breakfast was also great.

I said it all above.

My daughter and I loved every minute of our stay at the Fraundofer Gasthaus, from the friendly staff to the excellent food served at breakfast as well as in the restaurant. It was a great experience and we would stay there again.

I really love the atmosphere in this hotel.
    • Standard Twin Room

The location is not close to the train station, but I really love the old street where the hotel is located.

I really love the atmosphere in this hotel. There is a restaurant and bar in the first floor which we could enjoy the traditional drink and food there. At night time, a traditional show of this area performs in the restaurant which I enjoyed a lot. The clerks there are very friendly. If I have chance to come, I would stay here again.

Ask to see the room first. They put us in the attic!

They put us in the wrong room. Not the category I had reserved. We were put into an attic room with barely enough room to turn around. Slanted ceiling and ting little window. Horrible.

The downstairs restaurant was the best part. Delicious food and great entertainment nightly.

The hotel is better described as an Inn, so eating and...

I didn't notice a lift, so if that's an important consideration, you may want to check first.

The hotel is better described as an Inn, so eating and drinking there is a part of the experience. Location is picture postcard, the Bahnhof and main attractions are all close by.

Wish we could have stayed longer

Parking is a bit tight, but staff helps find spots for you.

Great location in the center of town, near many shops and restaurants as well as a short distance from Zugspitz and Mt Wank. Free parking and great wifi were very good. Breakfast cost extra but was amazing! Everything you could think of was offered. Room had lots of character, mountain views, and was fairly spacious. The restaurant has great music, service, and food. Staff was friendly and helpful. We will go back.

Once great.

They have a great restaurant and need to pay more attention to the rooms. Older and need to modernize. The area outside around the restaurant has a little dirty and need a cleaning.

The bathroom was nice with good water pressure. Parking was free and available.

Wonderful experience.

That we didn't have more time to stay there.

Breakfast each day was fantastic, great selection. Lots of fresh fruit, pastries, eggs, meats/cheese, coffee, different juice each day. Staff was very friendly. Greeted by the owners and checked out by the owner! Dinners and entertainment was great both nights. Very convenient location.

Gasthof Fraundorfer is a traditional Bavarian inn located on...
    • Family Room

Gasthof Fraundorfer is a traditional Bavarian inn located on Ludwigstrasse (also seen as LudwigstraBe) in Partenkirchen, the historic section of Garmisch-Partenkirchen. The Fraundorfer family has efficiently managed this inn since 1857. Gasthof Fraundorfer is about a 20 minute walk from the train station while hauling luggage. If walking is not possible, take the local bus which stops at Badgasse (street name). The hotel is approxiamately 1 block from that stop, up a slight hill ( there will be a church on the left – see photo). The inn will be on the left side of the street and clearly marked. Upon entering, the check-in desk is in a small alcove space within the dining room. Likely, Frau Barbara Frandorfer will be at the desk to welcome you. Frau Frandorfer is witty and charming. She can recommend which refugios to pop-into for the best topfenstrudel and apple strudel. Breakfast can be included in the price of your stay and is highly recommended. Each table has at least 1 basket with different breads and coffee. Yogurts, fruits, crackers, cheeses, meats, and a multitude of spreads are the daily fare. The inn also serves lunch and dinner (not only to the overnight guests, but for anyone in town). Barvarian staples such as sauerbraten, tender roast pork, potato soup (with and without sausage), and goulash are expertly prepared and delicious. Rooms can include small balconies which provide a sitting space to view the magnificant mountains. Full/queen size beds are large enough for 2 adults. Stall-showers have excellent water pressure and lots of hot water. There is adequate closet space for luggage and clothes. Rooms are made up and cleaned daily. The trail head for St. Anton, Wank Mountain, and Pflegersee is approximately 0.5 miles away from the inn. There is a large billboard map at the trail head, but it is advisable to purchase a trail map from the Visitor's Center. The enterance to the Olympic Stadium is approximately 1 mile from the inn.

there are much better place to stay other than this hotel.
    • Family Room

I booked the apartment based on there will be big living room and kitchen as in the pictures but I got a very small apartment with one round table in the room. especially the second room was very tight. noisy in the night because of the restaurant. the private parking is not enough for all the guests. for 2 days I parked in another charged parking. the WIFI worked only on the first day then for 2 days it was not working. when I asked the lady she asked me to restart the mobile and I told her that I already did, moreover, I have 3 mobile for me and my family plus one tablet, all of them are not working. while I was trying to convince her she starts shouting and insisting to restart the mobile. so I did and still was not working so I just ignored it and I did not have the WIFI.

location was ok but not close the shopping street. there is a private parking for the hotel.

Many flies in the dining room on the breakfest

- This hotel was the first where staff didn't give me any usual information during the check-in: about a breakfast, how can I found my room, which a floor, etc. The staff were unfriendly and not smiled. - There was dust in the room and the hall. - There were no any brochures in the room like all hotels usually have - In the bathroom a shampoo and a shower gel were from a grocery shop. It`s not for hotels. - It's difficult to find a room, because there were no any pointers near the staircase. - On the breakfast there were flies. It was inconvenient to eat because I needed to keep the flies off my food.

Nice view from the balcony The bus stop is near from the hotel

The restaurant is good - pretty popular place full of people.

Hard to find the place.

The restaurant is good - pretty popular place full of people. I met some people who come back to this hotel almost every year. The breakfast was very good - a lot of choices were available.

Really bad service.
    • Standard Twin Room

Nothing good about the place..

Really bad service... The receptionist were extremely rude and unwelcoming. Donot book this place...There are plently of better hotels

OK but would not encourage me to return to Gramisch
    • Double Room with Balcony

Bed was hard. Promised local entertainment was a bit flat , being simply a man with an accordian and 2 young kids doing same dance , I think, several times over. Must have been refuse collection day the following day meaning that town was littered with piles and piles of refuse bags, this made the place look very untidy.

Position in town was good. Food was hearty with many regional options and staff helpfull in making choices.

The restaurant on the property is excellent.

The restaurant on the property is excellent. Nice and clean. Has been updated. It's in a neighborhood of mixed use (residential and commercial) yet is very quiet. Nice place. Good value.

• Double Room with Balcony

Kitchen smells is over all the rooms. Reception was in kitchen ( i never see like that in other places ). However it was bad stay. They said they have free car park but its all the time full and you need to pay for parking your car 100 meter in public park.

Central to Partenkirchen.

Some staff can seem a little standoff to non German speaking guests. Better as they went along.

Breakfast buffet was superb. Coffee strong and delicious.

This is authentic Bavaria!

Parking is very limited.

Great location in downtown Partinkirchen. Friendly, helpful staff. Dinner in the hotel includes live Bavarian music and traditional slap dancing.

30min visit to this property is more than enough.
    • Double Room with Balcony

There was no reception of the hotel, only a make shift "check in/out" through the kitchen window where food is being passed. staff working at the hote/restaurant was not friendly or helpful. If you happen to show up and check in during dinner time, your presence is simply a big inconvenience. The rooms are dated and not much amentity. Do not expect any service or to ask any question, as the reception is Non existent. If you are interested in the history of the property, a quick beer and 30 mins is more than enough. Food is not good, and very few parking space. Over all, for the price you pay, I would recommend Look else where that's worth your time and money.

Great authentic Bavarian hotel

The most wonderful hostess, Barbara, greeted us and check in was prompt. This is a very authentic hotel on Ludwigstrass and provides a great location to walk the area. The food in the restaurant was very good and the breakfast was the best we had on our trip! Really enjoyed our stay.

Tradition - 197 years of it!

Only a very short person would not bang their head on the roof in the small attic bathroom. A good breakfast was available but one had the feeling that one needed to fit in with the intentions of the staff. For example there was one white bread roll per person on the table and no more seemed to be available.

If you want Bavarian tradition this is the place to go. You even get the thigh slapping entertainment in the evening. The location is pleasant amongst other hotels and restaurants. It's a pleasant walk (a bit less than a kilometre) to the station if you want to take the train to the Zugspitz.

very good location on a lovely street in Partenkirchen.

Staff could have been friendlier. more parking spaces, elevator, ac or fan in room. one room could have a better shower as the one it had was very difficult to use.

location is on a lovely street in Partenkirchen near Church with bells. bring earplugs. Loved the location of this guest house. the street had lots of Bavarian type shops, cafes, restaurants, and very good food. This hotel offers evening meals with entertainment every night except Tues. Parking was limited. We had 2 rooms which were entirely different. One had a modern shower which was large and easy to use. the other had a tiny shower which was very difficult to get in and out of and to use. Not good for someone who is older or has mobility problems. It was actually smaller than a small cruise ship shower. There is no ac but windows do open and it cools off at night. I had requested a fan to be put in each room but none was provided. There is no elevator and stairs could be a problem as you have to climb them each time you go in and out. The beds were comfortable and the room clean. The staff was not as friendly as the other places we stayed during our 15 day trip through Switzerland, France & Bavaria. Breakfast was average. Evening meal was also average. But there are some really good places to eat nearby. There is a grocery store nearby as well. I would definitely stay in Partenkirchen again if in the area as it is very convenient and such a beautiful village. I might stay at Gasthof Fraundorfer again but would make sure I got a room with the larger modern shower. There are several other guest houses along this street with parking so I would probably check around.

Not impressed at all!

The room did not have any hot water and my eldely mother had to wait until next day to have shower. I complained about the lack of hot water but the staff on the phone was very rude, even had a cheek to suggest that we didn't need hot shower as the outside was 30 degree. She was suggesting to a woman over 80 years old to have a cold shower. They offered to deduct 20 euro from the bill when we were checking out. It was unfortunate that their pump broken that day but they should have checked if it was working before each guest arriving. And they could have done more to help the situation other than giving me a grief over the phone. I will never recommend this property.

An authentic piece of traditional Bavaria, great.

Check for disabled facilities, not saying there's not any, but there are a lot of stairs.

Needed somewhere to sleep for the night in Garmisch, didn't arrive until very late but the bar was in full song with a local "UMPAH" singer, everyone was happy and smiling, including the staff. My room was a small single, which was fully equipped and pleasant. The en-suite loo/shower room was of a very high standard. The help yourself breakfast was a vast range, and plenty of everything, served 'till 10am if you were a late riser. It is also in the heart of the old town. If we're down that way again I'll make a point of staying there. An authentic piece of traditional Bavaria, great.

Would love to go back to Fraundorder again sometime!!!!!!!!!!!

A fan in the room would have been helpful b/c it was very hot when we were there.

The staff were very helpful with attractions and how to get there. also, they were able to share the best times to go. The breakfast was wonderful. The restaurant food was very good. One of our relatives that was traveling with us has Celiac and has to eat gluten-free. They had potato dumplings w/o gluten, all gravies were gluten-free, and many other options. This was another PLUS for us.

Bavarian Alps!

The restaurant was not open our first night, we were able to walk to another restaurant easily.

The location was great, right off one of the main streets, not too busy, but close to everything. The staff was great for information, what to do, etc. Our view was phenomenal!

Loved our stay!

Great staff! Great location - easy to get everywhere by walking, biking, bus or train. Breakfast was wonderful - lots of options for every taste. Roasted Trout dinner was amazing. Room got a little hot one evening and beds a little on the hard side, but overall they were fine. I would definitely go back.

One of the most pleasant accomodations we ever stayed!

Lovely place to stay, authentic Bavarian! Welcoming traditional Bavarian guest house, very good location, in a charming neighbourhood. Very friendly staff, very kind and welcoming hosts (Barbara ladies, the owners), which make you feel at home! Spacious and renovated rooms, rustic setting, large and comfortable beds, all extremely clean, big bathroom. Breathtaking views to the mountains from the balconies. Very good breakfast with great variety. Wonderful atmosphere for dinner with live traditional music and the food was amazing! Free parking in the courtyard. Very good Wi-Fi. Supermarket nearby. Good starting point to explore Bavaria. Good value for money, great hospitality, we’ll definitely come back and stay here again!

The breakfast was excellent.

The owner of the guesthouse was extremely rude and sarcastic to us and other guests. She complained about everything! She really spoilt the beginning of our stay in Garmisch Partenkirchen and this was very disappointing. I didn't want to see her during our stay and avoided her as best I could. The mattress on the bed was very old as the springs were digging into my back. It was uncomfortable but I found a spare blanket and put this under the sheet and this helped a little.

The breakfast was excellent. Lots of choice. The bathroom was very good.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Bike friendly hotel

Room was a little small, but that was OK with us.

Bike friendly hotel. They had a secure area for storage. Good location. Very good breakfast and dinner.

Felt just like home!

We didn't get to stay as long as we would have liked.

Barbara and the rest of her staff were amazing. The food was amazing, and the hospitality was top notch! We loved staying at the Gasthof Fraundorfer and would definitely go back if we travel to that area again. We have already recommended it to several of our friends that want to travel to Germany.

Superb base for exploring the mountains. Pure traditional Bavarian charm and very friendly service

Not an issue for us, but I imagine parking might be a problem in peak periods. Just guessing, could be wrong.

The hotel was a superb base for hiking in the German alps, with some of the best hikes just minutes drive away. This was a wonderfully traditional guest house, on a charming street which oozed Bavarian charm. Thoroughly loved our short stay. The decor is rustic and traditional. There was nothing we didn't like. The food was the best we had on our trip, and the evening entertainment (Bavarian music, dancing and singalongs) made the evenings. Oh, and the staff were all friendly as anything. Thanks for a great stay!

Wonderful Bavarian experience.

The overall experience at the hotel was terrific. Surprise entertainment, excellent food and wonderful atmosphere. Barbara made us feel like family. I highly recommend this hotel for your Bavarian experience.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Wow, this place was incredibly cool, definitely a great...

Wow, this place was incredibly cool, definitely a great place to stay for the traditional Garmisch Experience. Hang out in the restaurant for the show!

Disappointing but close to good things

Not what I expected having read reviews from previous travellers! Room was fine but staff didn't even show us there - just told us to go to the second floor and find the right door! Restaurant was bit of a tourist trap due to promise of 'Bavarian hospitality' but I wouldn't advise eating here and everyone was put haphazardly on tables crammed up next to each other.

Garmisch Partinkerken is within a good location close to lots of fun things to do such as the castles and palaces of mad king Ludwig. Unfortunately the weather wasn't great when we were there as I'm sure there are lots of fun outdoor activities to do such as hiking and cycling.