Reviews of Hotel Claridge Paris 4 stars

37, rue François 1er, 8th arr., 75008 Paris, France

#712 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

- Shower needs some attention as water is leaking out - Poor wifi service

Great location, nice staff specially Mr. Necko, nicely decorated large room (stayed in junior suite)

Great...
    • Deluxe Triple Room

You have to walk up 5 stairs steps to reach the elevator.

The staff were very friendly and cooperative .... Its very safe and good location with good service surroundings (grocery and resturant ....)

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Excellent Hotel , great location and great staff
    • Classic Double Room

Our second room was not as spacious as the first. The lift stopped between floors and so one had to take a few stairs up or down to the corresponding floor.

The staff were efficient , helpful and prompt . The breakfast was sumptuous. The location was walkable distance to all the main sites.

Good

The hotel should be renovated though it was clean location for superb just the hotel needs to be newly done and the room balcony was bad very shabby

Location staff and cleanliness

It was higher then my expectaion the rooms are quiet decent,...
    • Classic Double Room

It was higher then my expectaion the rooms are quiet decent, Location is EPIC..! Like if you wanna be at the start of the champs you are there if you wanna be at the end you are there two

Old hotel
    • Classic Double Room

Rooms are too old especially the doors, lools like 100 years old. I was over charge 50 EURO becuase the receptionist told me that u need to upgrade becuase u have a small kid. Break fast was bad.

Maybe the location was kind of Ok

The hotel is located in a very nice area.
    • Classic Double Room

The hotel is located in a very nice area. Full of expensive shops if you like shopping. Staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel is clean. Will definitely stay at this hotel the next time I am back in Paris. Nice restaurants to eat around the hotel. Paris is not cheap to eat or drink. But had a lovely time.

Perfect comfortable stay for business or tourist - central location
    • Classic Double Room

Beds a little too hard ;)

Perfect location for everything: restaurants, museums,shopping and business if your business is in central location... you can walk everywhere...

Great discovery

No complaints at all

The rooms are big, the bathroom nicely done. It is a good mix of old and new. The staff are extremely helpful. I would personally stay at the Claridge again. I am glad I discovered the place.

I love the marble staircase, tall ceilings and antique...
    • Deluxe Triple Room

I love the marble staircase, tall ceilings and antique furniture in the rooms. The hotel had a very vintage Parisian feel. The staff spoke English and were very helpful. Although the breakfast wasn’t included, it’s was really good and convenient. I would stay here again.

Not bad
    • Deluxe Room

Small and I thought it was Claridges I booked not Claridge. Quite misleading and obviously different experience. Breakfast room was small and didn’t even have a table for 6.

The building

happy stay.

the pillows

the hotel is very elegant , clean and quite, the staff are very friendly and courteous. Location is great as it is close to shops , restaurants and the Champs Elysees,

View of our room
    • Classic Double Room

We thought breakfast was free who stays at the hotel. But it was not. They charged it and it was expensive. But it was good.

View of our room Very clean bathroom. Bed was so comfy.

Location? That’s your pick!
    • Deluxe Room

Walls are not soundproof. A lot of noise from the adjusent room & others heard clearly in our room.

The hotel has a great location. The staff were super friendly & helpful. Room was clean & the Room Service is excellent.

Very bad. I was chateau frontenac client. But i wanted to try Claridge. Will
    • Classic Double Room

The rooms verryyyy small! Toooo noisy from one room to another . If someone is snoring in his room we can hear him. If someone is taking his shower, we can hear the water

• Deluxe Room

The room's phone was not working and they couldn't fix it, which means that every time I need something I have to go down to reception or call the hotel through my mobile. Also the walls are so thin that you could hear any conversation and breath in room next door!

Wouldn't recommend the hotel
    • Classic Double Room

I was on a trip with my brother and i had contacted the hotel to check if they have a roon with two separate beds, and i was told of course we will give you a room with two beds. What a shock i had when we came into the hotel and i saw the size of the room , so only one of us could open the suitcase since there was no space for the second one. We couldnt even see the window since it was blocked by that one suitcase. Two beds ment one bed beeing pulled apart , by doing so we were blocking the toilet dor , and when i did that there was a big whole in the wall, that is Not what you get for that price.

The location was amazing

amazing hotel for the value of money compared to others 5...
    • Deluxe Room

amazing hotel for the value of money compared to others 5 stars in the same region, The location is superb, lots of brands, cafes around you. 2 minutes and you will find your self in the famous street Champs-Elysées ,,,, personally I even walk to Eiffel Tower. Metro is 3 minutes from the hotel which allowed me to go every where easily. i recommend this hotel if you don't want to pay a very high cost and stay in great location.

very good for short stays for couples exploring Paris or business travelers
    • Classic Double Room

no ironing facilities in the room, room key blocked at 12:00 despite prior approval of later check-out

cleanliness, reception waiting area, location, breakfast, 1 pm checkout was possible, reception staff spoke decent English

The roomspoit my stay in Paris

better room

THE ROOM WAS SMALL FOR TWO 3 BY 5 15 SQ M I WAS VERY DISSAOINTED WITH THE ROOM FOR THE PRICE CHARGED IT WAS AN INSULT TO OFFER SUCH ASMALL CONGESTED ROOM TO A COUPLE 86 YRS AND 75 YRS I AM SEMI DISABLED WITH REP HIPS AND KNEES THE BATHROOM VERY DIFFICULT I HAVE STAYED MANY TIMES IN THIS HOTEL MANY YEARS AGO AND WAS VERY SATISFIED nO OTHER COMPLAINTS EXCEPT THE ROOM AND THE EXHORBITANT PRICE FOR THE VERY POOR ROOM

my room was terrible and they and they changed it to a much...
    • Deluxe Room

cleaning was not so good reception was not helpful and the fact that there was o concierge makes them do the job which they didn't do because they were busy (un professional)

my room was terrible and they and they changed it to a much better room

Okay but not 4 star
    • Classic Double Room

The hotel was noisy because the walls were paper thin. The rooms were too hot. Breakfast was good but waiters were surly. Also the cost ended up being much higher than represented in the booking.

The location is great. Yes

I forgot my iPhone charger in the room .
    • Classic Double Room

I forgot my iPhone charger in the room .I went back few hours later after check out and they told me it's gone! Staff can be much nicer and they didn't try to help. I wouldn't stay there again nor recommend it. Same while checking out, their card machine wasn't working and they tried to blame it on my card. It's because I insisted that they realised the problem was from their machine.

very good.
    • Deluxe Room

T My room number 13,they call it 12 bis,and every one visiting room 12 has to knock on my door firist, I suggest a change.

Enough TV channels and options.

Good stay for paris vistors
    • Classic Double Room

better lightening in room,Lobby.Bigger room .

location: close to champs, supermarket café and restaurants. Very friendly and helpful staff clean room, comfortable bed. New York time and wall street journals available to resident.

Great way to enjoy Paris
    • Deluxe Room

The access to the lift for travelers carrying heavy luggage was a bit of a let down. The lifts were also too small. The friendliness of the staff and their willingness to assist made up for the inconvenience.

The bed was big and comfortable. The hotel was close to many good eateries and the metro station made it convenient to travel with ease. Its location and close proximity to tourist attractions made it a perfect place to stay. The staff was also very helpful and friendly.

The Staff needs to be more welcoming
    • Classic Double Room

The staff at the front desk were quite rude and didn't seem to care whether I felt comfortable or enjoyed my stay. I interacted with different people on four different occasions and received the same treatment. They were quite abrupt and indifferent when speaking to me at all times

The location is close to champs de lysees

Excellent service!!!
    • Deluxe Triple Room

Hallways and stairs were dated - need to be cleaned up and refreshed.

Staff was excellent! Room was charming and spacious. I was traveling with my adult daughters (18,21) and we had plenty of room!

My wife and I like the room decoration very much, when...
    • Deluxe Room

My wife and I like the room decoration very much, when manager knows this is our honeymoon trip, they give us a bottle of champagne as gift. What a surprise!! All the staff are very nice and helpful. This a very pleasure stay experience.

Elegant
    • Deluxe Room

Was probably an accident, but the room was not made up by housekeeping. While there is 24 hour room service, the bar and eating area are unattended except for breakfast.

Staff very helpful when we did not like the first Delux room assigned. Changed us to a room which was more like the photo on Booking.com

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Expensive old hotel in great location
    • Classic Double Room

the hotel is really in need of renovation, everything is old, sound insulation nonexistent, loud air conditioning, you only pay for the location

Location, breakfast, personnel

I didnt like that room has only one bottle of water at least...
    • Deluxe Room

I didnt like that room has only one bottle of water at least should be two bottles , it does not matter but at least the house keeping should refill with one bottle of water the next day while cleaning.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

I couldn't sleep because of the noise!
    • Classic Double Room

I couldn't sleep because of the noise! I didn't like the staff because they gets angry when you ask for anything The condition is not work !!!

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Lovely hotel, friendly staff and great location.
    • Classic Double Room

The room air conditioning didn't work at all well on a very warm April evening. We didn't say much as we only had two nights and we opened all windows at night. Still slept ok. nothing worth complaining about at all.

Warm and friendly welcome. Staff were polite and spoke excellent English. Great location and plenty of lovely dining experiences nearby. Fantastic mini-break. Thank you.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

A great base to explore Paris
    • Classic Double Room

Instructions how to use the mixer shower. Sounds simple but the top of the tap was missing and it needed a very good pull

We didn't get much time to eat but excellent friendly staff

Great location and breakfast but dont expect the rooms to look like the pictures on website.
    • Classic Double Room

The rooms were NOTHING like the photos from which I had chosen the hotel . We were in a plain small room and took til night time staff to come on to make the bed into 2 singles as requested. The air con was controlled by reception. It was very hot inside but we could not make it cooler and when we asked them to put the bar fridge on we were told we could not put anything from outside in it. Customer service could have been a lot better.

The location was great. The breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

The staff and location are great its a 5min walk to the...
    • Classic Double Room

We dont have any complains

The staff and location are great its a 5min walk to the champs elysees. We knew where we want to go and what we wanted to do but the staff were very helpful in general

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

I liked the location, the hotel itself was really nice too.
    • Classic Double Room

The first point that I didn't like is that when the hotel charged me, by mistake they took the money twice. When I called, the person on the phone was extremely rude, telling me that it was a bank holiday in France, that this kind of things can never happen in this hotel, and seemed to don't care about. On the top of that, while we were on the phone, he spoke to his colleague, telling him that "the cake was in the fridge"... At the end, he told me to call the following day to speak with his colleague, who had been more helpful and understanding. The second point, which is for me extremely unprofessional, is that when we checked out at 12am, by mistake we forgot in the safe around £250 and my passport. After 5 hours we went back to take our luggages, but they didn't let us know they found them. We realised we didn't have them only when we arrived in the train station. In any other case we could have missed our flight. We called back the hotel and weren't still not sure if they found anything. We had to go back and fortunately been given everything. They should have let us know they found them at least when we came back for our luggages.

I liked the location, the hotel itself was really nice too. As well, the room was clean, and everyday the staff checked properly our room and let it spot on.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

We were very disappointed by the staff and facilities.
    • Classic Double Room

We were very disappointed by the staff and facilities. One example was that the wifi constantly stopped working every ten minutes. When I asked the staff about this, they said it is always like this and we just have to accept it. The overall attitude of the staff does not match the marketed image of this hotel. We came down for breakfast a little after 7. The staff said it starts at 7. He begrudgingly let us in after I said to him that it was already past 7. During check in they also ignored us while chatting. Took my credit card but didn't give us any price info. We booked 2 double occupancy rooms with only 3 ppl. Yet they felt they had to interrogate us about how many ppl were in each room. I also saw them ask the same to another group. They seemed to be 4 ppl in 2 double rooms. Overall they only thing food about this place is the location. But there are other hotels there too.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

i would highly reconsider before booking or recommending again
    • Classic Double Room

The socking fact that the staff access your room with no permission,not even door knocking happened 2 times while I was sleeping, and they weren’t housekeeping, 1 very small elevator, internet access was terrible you need to re-enter password every 5 min.

location was the good thing about it

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Good location, nice stay
    • Deluxe Triple Room

Breakfast was a bit too expensive.

My two young daughters loved the decoration which is a mix of old and new styles. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

location and the room was big

location and the room was big

this room was smaller and more dearer.
    • Classic Double Room

this room was smaller and more dearer.

Paris

Great place

Staff location

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Great place to stay in paris

Location almost close to all major attractions , staff were very helpful and always smiling

Location , amazing staff nice view from the balcony

Overpriced, tiny elevator, I believe its the right time to do a major renovation

Location , amazing staff nice view from the balcony

It was wounderful
    • Classic Double Room

Paris not very safe for the tourists.

Paris is an amazing place.

Everything was perfect the location the room and the staff...
    • Classic Double Room

Everything was perfect the location the room and the staff especially laurent at the reception.

Location, staff and room

breakfast can be improved

Location, staff and room

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Very small rooms

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

It was close to everything.
    • Deluxe Triple Room

It was close to everything. It also had air-conditioning, which we found out was not standard in a lot of hotels in Europe

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Success
    • Classic Double Room

Very friendly Staff. Good location!

Location , very cozy and friendly staff

Location , very cozy and friendly staff

Everything is fine

Location Helpful stuff Clean Super Location

Location, staff and view

The lift was small and you have to get up 5 stairs steps to get to it.. very hard with strollers

Location, staff and view

not the speak about
    • Deluxe Room

OVERALL HOTEL requires renovation, very old.

Amazing ... I would stay there again
    • Classic Double Room

Very good hotel with a great location . Walking distance to shopping and great dining !

great location, comfortable stay
    • Deluxe Triple Room

Location is great. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Staff are helpful and polite.

Location and quality of service

N/a

Location and quality of service

Location is the best !
    • Classic Double Room

Room is small . Sound proof is not good enough .

Location is the best ! Very close to everything . Supermarket nearby

Stayed in this hotel was spectacular, comfy bed with nice chandelier and the room so artistic
    • Classic Double Room

The rooms were so chic! Very artistic rooms and very clean.

Stuff very nice and helpful

Stuff very nice and helpful

Great staff , excellent location , top notch !

A little noisy . A little cold . Must be careful to ask specific rooms

Great staff , excellent location , top notch !

Nice location

Nice location

Small bathroom

😊

Non

Location is excellent . Next to my favourite restaurant. Staff were welcoming and helpful.
    • Classic Double Room

Room smaller than last time but newly redecorated and modernized.

It was comfortable stay close to everything
    • Classic Double Room

The people working at the hotel were very helpfull and friendly

Nice hotel

good

facility of breakfast is not good

location is great

Nice hotel, nice people!

Nice room, friendly people

• Classic Double Room

Hotel is old the room is very small

Location only

Could not be better located

Location location location