Reviews of SKYCITY Hotel Auckland 4.5 stars

Cnr of Victoria & Federal Streets, 1010 Auckland, New Zealand

#24 of 170 hotels in Auckland

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

I feel very bad ,I had been charged wrongly. I’ve to spend time to investigate. No sorry received.
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

I received a phone call 30mins after I checked out, telling me the hotel had to charge me one extra night of room even I haven’t lived in the room. They said I’ve booked for two rooms for 12/10 through booking.com I told them I’ve booked one room for myself for the 12/10 night, when I checked in, I’ve given the confirmation for one night too. They insisted to charge me one extra night in my Visa card ( nothing I can do at that time ). The fact is I booked one night only for myself through booking.com I tried to check whether I’ve booked wrongly. All my emails. I also tried every means to try to check with booking.com Finally I’ve confirmed there is only one booking with one night for me only on 12/10, why should SKYCITY Hotel had charged one more night to my credit card. I phoned them again and the answer is their system wrong, the extra night charge will credit back into my visa in the coming three to four days time, the staff did not apologise at all. Shouldn’t I been informed

Location good, easy to go down to Queen street. Good restaurants inside sky city hotel complex. Very entertaining sky city casino.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Lovely way to relax away from home
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Did not enjoy the breakfast. Was not good for value for money and arrived cold. Both Orbit and Fortuna were booked out. Would have been good advice to remind guests to pre book.

Handy location. Did not enjoy the breakfast. Great valet parking service

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Excellent Hospitality and Service!!!
    • Premium King Room

No microwave in our room.

We had a birthday celebration and our cake was dropped off at reception. The reception placed our cake in their fridge until our celebration. Thank you very much!!! Just exceeded my expectations.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

I loved it and will happily stay at Sky City Hotel again. Thank you.
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

I could not really fault anything.

I loved the touch of having chocolates left for me plus the cleanliness of the room was excellent. The bed was so comfortable especially the pillows. Loved it.

excellent
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

the whole service was amazing.. from checking in to checking out... needs were met and when we needed extra it was brought up to us within moments.. lobe the service..

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

The most amazing stay ❤️
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

amazing room and the view to the sky Tower wow no comments ! room was so spacious and real clean , we did not want to leave the next day that’s how good the hotel was wish I could have stayed longer

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

The staff were so helpful especially the concierge people.
    • Premium King Room

Your valet parking is ridiculously over priced. When we first started staying at Sky City it was $ 25.00 now it is $ 55.00. That adds an awful lot to the cost of our stay. I will be from now on looking for somewhere else that is better priced.

The staff were so helpful especially the concierge people. Dickey is amazing! He is so welcoming and always happy to see us and assist..

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Enjoyed it!
    • Premium King Room

I was brought breakfast i dont remember ordering..especially cos it had salmon and i dont like salmon! Was half asleep when it was brought to me. Oh and i had my do not disturb sign on door. But thats ok,.for future ref..cheers above all enjoyed stay.

Bed was really comfy and bluetooth speaker 👌

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

1. Just locate in the city center, nearby the city tower.
    • Premium King Room

1. Room is very dark. 2. Outside the window is the low levels building roof, which means no view from the window. After my spending 320NZ dollar for one night, the room doesn’t match my expectations.

1. Just locate in the city center, nearby the city tower. 2. Facility is okay. Bed is very comfortable. 3. Breakfast is good.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

The beds are so comfortable just love staying in them each...
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

The beds are so comfortable just love staying in them each time i come its a big part of why i stay with skycity , locations fantastic right in town and the staff are always friendly and happy to help.

Overall my husband and I enjoyed our stay, everything was ALL in under one roof :)
    • Premium King Room

overlook of the satelites (TVNZ)

Bed was comfy, room was cosy, overlook of the seaview and my old college in Ponsonby :) also my husband loves the L-Shape couch..TYPICAL :) :)

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Disappointed not even breakfast included.

The comfy bed

Trapped in a room. NO balcony couldnt even get to courtyard after 6 unless you had a room backing onto it. Waste of money never again!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

not good
    • Premium King Room

the room was good but the staff weren’t helpful and the coffee boiler ar the wasn’t clean and they they start knocking the door from 10 am asking when we will ckeck out.

the location

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

there attitude spoiled the hole trip and visit
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

we came across a staff member that was not helpful and there attitude was some thing to think about. to the point that they pissed me off really

beds were fine.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

I’ve been to conferences at Sky City before but first time I’ve stayed in-house - excellent!
    • Premium King Room

The TV in my room didn’t work and the instructions in the room where very sketchy and unhelpful. Very quick response though, TV reset and sorted. Similarly, the in room aircon instructions were totally inadequate and required a call to Reception to understand how it worked. The helpful receptionist agreed the aircon system was ‘tricky’. Better written instructions would help.

I attended a conference and the catering was first class. The staff were very attentive and the bathrooms were spotless. 10/10 as a conference venue. Concierge and Check In staff were very competent and helpful. Overall impression - everyone smiles!

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

• Premium King Room

Unfortunately the nice view was obstructed by building scaffolding across the road, but there isn’t anything the hotel could do about that. It’s a shame that the view is lost though.

Great location Great atmosphere Friendly, helpful staff Nice rooms

Great stay
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Actually this visit there was not a thing more I could have asked for

Have stayed many times in the past (quiet few years), and in all honesty it varied. This visit the service was extraordinarily good at every contact point. The room had been nicely refitted and everything about the visit exceeded my expectations

Auckland short stay
    • Premium King Room

Roof leaked water in cupboard. A little care in maintenence would be great. Concierge not very good slow to meet at door. Took bags ourselves.

Location great. Breakfast very nice.

Some of the best service I’ve ever had!

Not a thing.

I had plenty of correspondence with the hotel in the lead up to our stay, as it was my girlfriend’s birthday. The Head Concierge, Aiden Tibbotts, could not have done more to make us feel very special. Nothing was too difficult for them, and the exceptional service continued when we arrived. I’d recommend The SkyCity Hotel to anyone and will definitely stay there again myself.

It was comfortable
    • Premium King Suite

The view from the room was just buildings under contruction and the workers.

The guest relations manager arranged a nice welcome note, champagne and chocolates for our anniversary on arrival.

Exceptional Getaway

Nothing it was perfect 😊

The whole experience from check in to check out was wonderful. My husband & I don't get away on our own often. We stayed one night while attending a concert & loved it. We were upgraded to a suite which exceeded our expectations. Breakfast at Andy's was a fab way to start the day. Will definitely be staying again.

The staff went over and beyond to help me, I proposed to my...
    • Premium King Room

The staff went over and beyond to help me, I proposed to my now fiance, and Rick did an amazing job helping me set up the room for us while we were out to dinner, couldnt have asked for more!!! Was a perfect night and a perfect stay.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Its location and the generous size of the room.
    • Premium King Room

I had good memories from the last time I stayed here but was slightly disappointed this time. I packed light only for a two night stay and was counting on towelling slippers in the room. None! “We only put them in the suites!” What? At $350 plus per night? Housekeeping did very graciously supply me with a pair but that is not the point. My bed had been slept in so often it had a slightly sunken, hollowed mattress so I had to wriggle into the middle of the bed to find a firm spot on the mattress. Not good! My room had not been made up by 1.45 in the afternoon when I came back for a nap. It is always very deflating to come back to an unmade room. I went out to a show early that evening and left the ‘Make Up My Room’ sign on the door. It still wasn’t done - which meant that my mini bar, teas and coffees were not replenished, the bed went unmade all day, the rubbish bins were not emptied and the towels were still damp when I came back late that night. Unacceptable for a 5-star rated hotel. I felt neglected. Those little things all add up to me going to think twice about booking here again. In fact I’ve already made another booking since I got home yesterday - in the hotel of similar name across the road.

Its location and the generous size of the room. Reception staff very pleasant and willingly granted my request for a late check out without question.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Very relaxing with ease to get to our event at Spark arena.
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

My husband and I often stay at Skycity as it is very nice and central to everything. We mainly visit for a night away to just spend time together and enjoy dinner and the casino for something a bit different to our normal daily life.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Perfect location for myself and my daughter - have stayed...
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Perfect location for myself and my daughter - have stayed here several times and have always been pleased with our stay. Can walk or uber to all things we enjoy , service has always been very good. Pleasant checkin staff and helpful , pleasant concierge staff .

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Fabulous! Great location and customer service.
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

When we wanted to stay an extra night, arrangements were made a little complicated by an inexperienced staff member who didn't seem able to assist without needing her manager. However customer service from valet to the reception providing the extras for my partners birthday was deeply appreciated!

Bed was great and awesome that you don't charge for every little service in room

Disappointed
    • Premium King Room

In room dinning meals, shocking. Alarm clock, air conditioning no instructions. Paying $35 for parking, carpark layout a disaster. Couldnt find switch to turn off lights above pillows.

Staff

Casino hotel
    • Premium King Room

The hotel Was centrally located in Auckland however the CBD is grungy and riddled with homeless people a mere block from the hotel with Not great eateries, My suggestion is to skip Auckland all together or if you’re needing to be relatively centrally located stay in Davenport which is a short 12 minute ferry away and absolutely charming.

Awesome and well worth doing again. Central location in Auckland with exerything within walking dis
    • Premium King Room

I do not think there was anything that could of been better. Maybe win a jackpot but we are not big gamblers, Enjoyed our whole stay. I cannot complain about anything so that was an awesome stay.

Comfortable, relaxing and value for money was tops. Staff so respectful and treated you with kindness. Facilities were excellent. Dinner at Fortuna Restaurant was enjoyable and excellent price for nine of us. Food was awesome and catered for all our need

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Wont stay again
    • Premium King Room

The room was awful, we over looked a roof and walls, the air con didnt work, breakfast didnt have Much choices for the price you pay this was very poor.

The bed was good and room was tidy.
    • Premium King Room

The attitude of your staff is awful. I'm not sure because English is not my first language but they were really rude and communication skills to customer was terrible. They should go back to the school and study again.

The bed was good and room was tidy. But really hated the view which showing construction site.

I was great to have everything in the same building e.
    • Premium King Room

There was nothing we didn't like..

I was great to have everything in the same building e.g. restaurants, bars,and casino...The bed was so comfortable and huge...loved it

Perfect
    • Premium King Room

The long wait to buy a drink at Andys bar. I gave up and went to the bar in the main casino where there were lots of staff and very quick service

Clean comfortable room. Central location. Reception and Concierge staff are amazing

• Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Staff at reception of breakfast restaurant she could not understand my English w.Austrian accent did then not consume breakfast there instead at Skycity Grand who had no problems to understand me

Location Friendly concierge

it was ok
    • Premium King Room

bad breakfast experience on 2 days. not enough covers in the breakfast area ! this leads to long queues and one day i was asked to " wait for 15 minutes please" this is totally unacceptable, i ended up walking to Macdonalds. there were queues every day, so it must be obvious there is a problem ? i think this could be avoided by laying some of the tables in the reception/lounge area for breakfast during peak periods

great location

Our stay is good enough.
    • Premium King Room

The location is good very convenient to go around places. Hotel is nice and clean. the reception and concierge staff are all friendly and prompt. House keeping is perfect. The hotel's restaurant need more food selections.

Our 1st year wedding anniversary was extra special, thanks...
    • Premium King Room

Our 1st year wedding anniversary was extra special, thanks to all staff especially to Del who arranged the rose petals and flowers. Room was pristine! Also thanks for the anniversary gift! See you again next time!

Great get away
    • Premium King Suite

Staff were excellent, helpful & very accomodating. Everything was very accessible, restaurants, shops & of course the casino. We had such a great time & definitly will stay there again.

Really enjoyed the check in experience.
    • Premium King Room

I think the room is smaller than I expected and darker somehow, not much view.

The stuff was really friendly and patient even we asked many questions regarding trips and restaurants. I have also lost my key card at one point but they did make it difficult for me at all. Loved my experiences with them.

Loved our stay and would definately stay again:)
    • Premium King Room

Would have loved a room with a city view and parking is quite expensive when staying for three nights $75

Our King sized bed was amazing and super comfy! Downfall would have been not getting a city view room but I realise we all cant get one! Buffet breakfast on Sunday morning was delicious and so much to choose from. Our Monday breakfast was a much smaller selection to choose from as in a different location and i'm assuming less people would use it but it was still yummy:)

Over all pretty happy , would definley stay again, good staff , great location
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

could have been a few more things in the bathroom . ie: shower cap , cotton buds , dark cloth for removing make up that sort of thing......... and better lighting for doing make up.

comfy bed , room clean mini bar a little too pricey , great staff , good breakfast

I booked 2 rooms and they had us be t to each other which...
    • Premium King Room

All my friends checked in and received a $10 card to spend in the casino each , I paid for 2 rooms and did not receive anything?

I booked 2 rooms and they had us be t to each other which was fantastic , stayed many times and always had a lovely experience

Weekend getaway with the husband
    • Premium King Room

All my friends when they checked in, got a $10 play card to use In the casino , I had actually paid for 2 rooms and did not receive any cards to use in the casino ☹️

We have stayed many tines at Skycity and never had a problem, always good service, comfortable rooms, and good location when attending concerts.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Nice beds, hot shower, excellent food.
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

I couldn't control the air conditioner - it became too hot in the middle of the night and we didnt get a good night sleep. Tried to change the temperature but it didnt work. We didnt let the people at the desk know because we had a bus to catch.

Nice beds, hot shower, excellent food. Parking well signed. Excellent service from everyone.

Sky City Family Getaway
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Elevators were confusing at times and seem to have a mind if there own.

Really clean and super comfortable. Easy to park at and then access the city. Staff helped out in a number of ways and made our stay really special.

Fantastic
    • Premium King Room

I'm clutching at straws now... but the hole in the towel was the only thing I can think of but frankly it was was no biggie still loved the place.

Location, valet service, reception, room, the bed was amazing.. the band that played t Sammy's lounge, the restaurants. We didn't have to go anywhere everything was right where we were.

Well done Sky City Hotel
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

I was happy with everything.

Very comfortable bed, lovely to get chocolates as a welcome. I just had a shower in my room which is all I needed. My room was down far end so did not get disturbed by construction works. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Comfy bed, good size room.
    • Premium King Room

Comfy bed, good size room. Nice bathroom and everything was very clean. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Good location with lots of nice places to eat and drink close by.

An exciting place to stay and in the heart of the city with lots going on. Reasonably priced buffet
    • Premium King Room

Couldn’t adjust room temperature a bit too warm

Checking in and checking out was a breeze. Bedroom was spacious, clean and comfortable. Staff were pleasant.

A wonderful experience which we would love to repeat some time in the future!
    • Premium Twin Suite with Two Double Beds

I cannot think of anything that wasn't up to the required standard.

Well thought out and spacious bedroom and lounge room configuration, both with large TVs. This setup worked really well for us.

Large bed and comfy linen.
    • Premium King Room

No robes or slippers in the room. The man that delivered welcome goodies couldnt wait until i opened the latch on our door so he could enter, he pushed it and latch was still on. The queues are long when check in and out. No acknowlegment it was a birthday weekend, you use to before when i spent the weekend for past birthdays.

Large bed and comfy linen.

Helpful staff.
    • Premium King Room

Understanding the elevator which used the term level 3 as well as H4. Booking the car park on line was easy but it was not clear when the gentleman offered to park the car that that was what we had booked for.

Helpful staff. Clean. Quiet room

Special short stay at SkyCity
    • Premium King Room

The bed was huge and very comfortable. The room was clean, tidy and spacious. There was a free bottle of Moet and deluxe chocolates plus a card to wish my partner a Happy Birthday.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Convenient location, comfortable beds, very friendly staff.
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Convenient location, comfortable beds, very friendly staff. We didnt expect a busy weekend at Skycity (with their birthday celebration) when we booked but our family had a great time and joined in in the fun.

Orbit restaurant was an average overall experience
    • Premium King Room

Nothing to fault hotel side other than being charged for extras on minibar ddnt realise this until i got home and looked at my reciept. Orbit restaurant Didnt get offered my complimentary drink stated on my reciept on arrival to orbit restaurant. Being a first timer visiting orbit would have been nice to be advised by staff of weather we could go to the the top and take a look around.

Customer service at hotel was great. Recieved a room upgrade and the breakfast food at Fortuna was delightful.

Central. comfy and lots to do.
    • Premium King Room

I expected more water pressure in the shower, but it's not really a big deal.

Huge bed. Comfy room and decent air con. Attached to the casino and sky tower and an easy walk to town and the waterfront / britomart. Black out curtains are awesome. I slept until about 9am on the first morning.

• Premium King Room

I requested a room away from the construction site nextdoor. Instead I got a room facing six cranes and an 8am concrete pour on a Saturday morning. Nice wakeup call!

I enjoyed my stay as always however it was a very busy...
    • Premium King Room

I enjoyed my stay as always however it was a very busy morning at check out and I waited more than 20 minutes before anyone asked if I needed help regarding my valet parking. To me the whole point of valet parking is to get in and out quickly. They were very apologetic but if they knew they were expecting to be busy they should have had more staff. I noticed it took 3 staff to load one van of tourists (while I was waiting nearby) - maybe one staff member should have stayed at the valet counter. Just a thought.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Very well located.
    • Premium King Suite

The construction going on outside spoiled the view but understood!

Very well located. 10-12 walk to the Viaduct and Britomart station. Next door to heaps of eateries. Countdown 3 minutes away. Fortuna restaurants excellent!

Comfortable bed & room service meals were amazing
    • Premium King Room

Internet wouldn’t allow me to watch tvnz on demand. Milk in fridge was off( curdled ) The sir conditioning unit had an intermittent rattle which woke me through the night.

Comfortable bed & room service meals were amazing

Holiday time
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

A well known Restaurant that I dinned at twice and would have gone back a third time sold me bottled water at $10.90 a bottle but they did not tell me that before serving me the water.

I Loved the position where Skycity is close to everything and loved the Restaurant's surrounding the Hotel. The bed was so comfortable I did not want to get out of it.

Stunning!!!
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

the bed was soooooo comfy, the sheets crisp and beautifully clean. The room was spotless and all the tv channels worked. loved my stay would come again in a heartbeat!! thank you sky city hotel!!

MEAN!!
    • Premium King Room

We didnt know when our room was being cleaned and came back at the end of the day to find it was just being attended to. But the lady was kind and allowed us to come in and she just carried on, it didnt take much longer so that was cool.

The room was nice, the bed was huge and so comfortable. The staff were helpful from the get go. Our meals were at the restaurants located on site and they were awesome. Having the gym there was convenient.

Nice enough
    • Premium King Suite

The fact i paid for a room with a stunning habour view and got a view of a car park being built. Tried to order room service and wanted milkshakes and was told machine was broken then asked for cocktails and was told no one could do it highly unimpressed.

The comfy room and excellent bed

The best hotel in Auckland.
    • Premium King Room

The Nescafé coffee machine was out of order.

Whenever I visit Auckland I stay at SKYCITY as I know it will be a great experience. The staff are always so friendly and accommodating. Greg and the fantastic team at reception and concierge also including the doorman smile and make you feel welcome and at home. It is ideally located in the CBD with excitement of the Skywalk and Jump at your foot step. The Sky theatre and a casino are close by along with numerous restaurants. The airport bus stops at the hotel location with a short undercover walk to reception. So easy to arrange a shuttle bus to drop you at the door. SKYCITY is the very best.

It was nice and quiet considering its location. We'll definitely stay there again.
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the room & shower. All the staff (reception/concierge/valet/housekeeping) we're friendly & helpful.

Great School Holiday weekend Getaway!
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Check-in time 3pm. We took the bus to Auckland and arrived just before midday. We had to carry all our stuff around for few hours. It's bit hard with smaller kids. BUT I tried to check-in 30mins before 3pm and they let me.It's always worth asking.

Clean and good atmosphere. Good Service and they always have something on for everyone. Breakfast us good. Croissants are excellent.

On the whole very happy with the fabulous service throughout our stay & the cleanliness of the room.
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Paying for the items in the minifridge...for the price we pay was a bit disappointed there werent very many complimentary items for guests I paid for movies only to find that there wasnt a very great selection so paid $26 but only watched 1 movie as I couldnt find anything else I would enjoy

My sister & I were amazed at the assistance we received from all the staff, the receptionist & the corcierge staff(especially Dickie) were so fabulously helpful, service secpnd to none The room was immaculate, a very big "Thank You' to the cleaners....enjoyed our stay & highly recommend Skycity Hotel to anyone from the hotel to the Restaurants & the Casino..Awesome Service AAAAA++++++

Room with roof views
    • Premium King Room

The view from my room was of a roof , so not so great

Room was clean and tidy , service was great , and parking was a breeze total worth the extra for valet parking 😁

Fantastic
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

Everything about our stay was fantastic. Again everything we needed and attended was close.. Favourite place to stay when celebrating special occasions

The bed was comfy and bathroom spacious.
    • Premium Twin Room with Two Double Beds

The Valet Parking was a bit of a let down this time. There was no staff at the valet desk on arrival and when we left it took a long time for our car to be retrieved, after I had reminded them again. Not the service I would have expected for a $45 valet parking service.

The bed was comfy and bathroom spacious. Good in room dining service.

Everything was very clean and very classy, the bed was...
    • Premium King Suite

Everything was very clean and very classy, the bed was AMAZING, and not to mention the staff were absolutely wonderful, ordered room service couple times as well, not a long wait at all and food was nice and hot and the cocktail I ordered was very nice, overall we felt very welcomed and we are going to make it a monthly thing me and my partner, thank you Skycity👌🏽

A weekend in town.
    • Premium King Room

I booked over the phone, was told breakfast was included with the room booking. The room I got was not the one advertised in the picture when I booked it. I didn't have a credit card so couldn't access TV channels. I wasn't made aware of any of these things.

I enjoyed the relaxing weekend away from the normal, and it was a birthday treat for my daughter in law and my son.

We had a fabulous night celebrating our anniversary. The whole experience exceeded our expectations!
    • Premium King Room

The staff were friendly and welcoming. The rooms were high quality, clean and modern. We had access to Sky TV, sport and movies. There are several restaurants, parking and entertainment all within the complex.

Extremely welcoming and helpful staff. Will definitely be back!
    • Premium King Room

No complaints at all for Sky City Hotel. The hotel met and exceeded my expectations 😊

The bed and pillows were very comfortable and I had an amazing sleep. The hotel staff at reception were so friendly and helpful which made the check in and out process so easy. Will definitely be coming back!

Browse SKYCITY Hotel Auckland traveller photo gallery