Reviews of The Westin Crystal City 4 stars

1800 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202, USA

#16 of 68 hotels in Arlington

• Traditional King Room

Room phone was not working It made me go down everytime something was needed For reference room 503, please fix it

Location was Fantastic Staff was cooperative Gym was of good size

• Traditional King Room

it would help to have some counter space around the sink in the bathroom. no place to put toiletries.

all staff members we encountered were super pleasant and highly professional! Special thanks to the shuttle driver Sam and the waiter Sophiene for their warm and sincere demeanor and excellent service! We felt at home. Beds were comfortable, breakfast was fantastic! The whole ambience in the lobby is relaxing and calming. We also enjoyed the choice of music and especially classical music on the shuttle to the airport :) Location is great. A lot of nice places to eat.

• Premium King Room

The breakfast was really pricey for one plate $33? For eggs and toast that’s unrealistic

The place was beautiful, comfy, great area and loved the shuttle service

• Traditional King Room

he décor wasn't very well done in the room. Ugly carpet and furnishings, like something out of the 1907's and not in a cool way. It wasn't old, just old fashioned and ugly color matches. After a day of travel, it didn't seem very welcoming.

The waiter at breakfast was very nice and professional. The downstairs was nice.

• Traditional Double Room

I was on a leisure trip but brought work along. I frequent Crystal City for business thus when I am in town for pleasure it is my go to location. I always stay at a different hotel a few blocks over. Since I had other families with me I decided to mix it up and chose Westin for the name and cheaper room rate. Now I understand the difference. Tiny room, $40 a night for parking, must pay for wifi, and hotel restaurant way over priced. Lobby and rooms TINY. Odd smell in the place. Room reminded me of NYC hotels in size. No real room in the lobby to spread out with trip companions. Check in was messy because I had a challenge with my room key which meant I couldn't go up the elevator. Parking garage which is on a different set of elevators has a backwards ticket system. I ended up paying $58 instead of $40 for parking even though the guy at the front desk said he fixed the issues for me. Refrigerator but no microwave in the room. TV worked when it wanted to. Desk too tiny for me to work from. Won't do it again.

Proximity to DC. The shower.

• Traditional Double Room

A coffee cup lid was left under the desk.

The beds were comfortable, the shower had a nice flow of water with a rain shower head, and a hand held head. It was a nice size room. It felt like we were being pampered. The soap is in the shape of a leaf (very cute), and the body lotion smells clean and fresh, and as soon as you enter the hotel you can smell that clean fresh smell. The staff were friendly and helpful. Everything was clean. The hotel was very attractive, and within walking distance from the Crystal City metro station, and Chick-fil-a.

• Traditional King Room

I didn't like the price of underground parking but I expect that considering the location.

The room service was a little sketchy asking to come in at 6:30am but I see why the tray was very heavy. And I thought we could keep the tea buffet or at least a couple tea bags. Hmmm. Other than that, it was AMAZING!

• Traditional Double Room

Having to pay for WiFi. I didn’t like paying for parking but I did understand paying for parking but did not understand why I should have to pay for WiFi. With that in mind I’ll look closer at wheather I’ll consider staying at this location again.

Enjoyed the location, close proximity to the airport.

• Premium King Room

Overnight parking is $34!!!! Yes, it’s close to Washington, DC, but one would think the hotel could discount their rate for their overnight guests.

Great location. Near airport and walking distance to shopping and restaurants.

• Traditional Double Room

No pickup shuttle service after 11pm so taxi was the solution. I had to call twice to make sure they held my room for the very late arrival. Once should have been enough and probably was not required by as this was a 50th wedding celebration I wanted NO Problems!

I had a midnight arrival on a West Coast to DC flight and wanted the first night close to the airport. Westin had a great internet rate and it looked fantastic for the price. It worked well for us.

• Deluxe Double Room

Had to change rooms. Received handicap room. Wasn't necessary. Hotel booked 1st night, changed after that, staff informed me how make sure didn't happen again. So wasn't that back.

The hotel half a block from the Metro which was super convenient. Rooms very clean and comfortable. Front desk, maintenance, all extremely friendly.

• Deluxe Double Room

We were gone all day everyday yet the Maud service NEVER cleaned our room. She was in the hallway when we left at 8am but never failed to not have our room cleaned by late afternoon. She would knock on our door after we returned late afternoon about 4:30pm to ask if we wanted room cleaned. By then we were exhausted from sight seeing and didn't want to have to exit the room again. It was planned. She saw us leave every day. Also, convenience to Metro was negated by the homeless person and smell of raw sewage under the overpass to get there.

Convenience of property to Metro. Good coffee in room. Bathtub to soak in after race. Comfortable beds.

• Deluxe Double Room

Can’t think of anything O didn’t like

Good in house restaurant. Great shower and the lighting was good. A very safe hotel need to use key card for the elevator. Also the Bell Hop was very helpful as was the shuttle driver

• Traditional Double Room

The toilet paper should be up graded!

The bed & bedding were excellent. We had great restful sleep. I needed my oxygen concentrator & a plug in was on the side of the bed table with several plugs. It was super convenient for us.

• Traditional King Room

Wished the menu included some regular food, like a club sandwich or a Caesar salad or even a burger. We went to the Marriott and had dinner instead of eating at the Westin.

Bed was wonderful

Parking was expensive and difficult to access. In lower garage, there were no signs indicating how to get to the lobby. We carried our bags up 3 flights of stairs then had to go down from second floor to lobby

Shower fixture was nice

• Traditional King Room

A little disappointed that we had to pay for our parking but even that was probably a bargain for having the location and availability of the metro right across the street.

This was like a luxury hotel at a fraction of the cost. We traveled with another couple and they agreed that their room was equally high quality. The room was spacious, the shower area was generous with a wonderfully designed shower head. The bed, pillows and sheets were just right. We chose to eat at the restaurant on the main floor and again, the staff was excellent. They didn't seem to mind if we shared our meal. There was a bar next in the next area and it was well separated. Loved our night there.

No criticism.

The staff was excellent and the room and bed were very comfortable. Good location. Public transportation nearby and several restaurants within walking distance.

• Traditional Double Room

No bath mat in bathroom And no Handel bars for seniors to hold in bathtub The price of food to expensive

Staff.and their great attitude to help us with any concerns or questions

• Traditional Double Room

The room it wasn't clean it was a big spot in the window they didn't change the coffee filter in the coffee maker, the gym is not good enough didn't have the basic equipment!!

The restaurant have a healthy options, the room was spacious, the view it's pretty

One bottle of water, only two packs of coffee, no breakfast (continental). The 5am shuttle was not well organized, they may have been prepared for those who stayed in the hotel but there were people who parked and fly were apparently not added into the number of seats available on the shuttle.

The rooms were exceptionally clean and well detailed. The convince of parking my vehicle while I traveled. These two conviences worked for us as we used both of these services.

• Traditional Double Room

The staff Is very pretentious, so god forbid you don't piss money or walk in without your finest pearls on. Also, no pool, no breakfast, no free parking, no free wifi... no REAL benefits or ammenities except a pretty lobby and bathroom.

The lobby and hotel itself is pretty. So if that's the most important thing, than sure, It's great.

• Traditional King Room

Cable kept going on and off. Was not informed of the $34.00 an night parking fee. When checking out told the lady at the desk we were in the parking deck, no mention of have you paid for it. Drive up to the gate and find out my ticket won't open it. Back the car up repark and go up to the desk to have my ticket validated and discovered the $34.00 a night fee. Would have been nice if the lady at the desk had asked if we had paid for the parking when we checked out. :(

Nice clean modern room

Stay was great. We even left a phone charger in the room when we checked out and they were able to secure it for us when we went back to see if they had it.

• Traditional Double Room

The A/C was struggling to cool the room.

The linens were very nice and the room overall was clean and modern. We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant and it was fantastic.

• Traditional King Room

An overall excellent property! Great rooms, quiet, helpful staff, delicious food. The Westin is well-located in the heart of Crystal City with a quick 1-block walk to the Metro. Got a great rate thru booking.com. I will stay there again!

• Traditional King Room

The staff was very accommodating and a pleasure to communicate with. Our room was clean, well decorated, and smelled fresh. The entire hotel was very well maintained and the climate was kept very cool - a plus considering our stay took place in the midst of summer.

• Traditional Double Room

That is far from the night life, exciting parts of the City.

Service, décor, size of the bed and bedroom and the coffee machine in the room. I loved the view from my bedroom.

• Traditional King Room

when I got there we had to wait on our room to sorted out after arriving a day late. In addition we requested a refrigerator and instead we got something completely different from the refridgerator.

great staff

• Traditional Double Room

A suggestion - I don't know the area so while the TV guide to channels was helpful, there was no way to tell which TV shows were going to be shown and at what time. They could also add the BRAVO and HGTV channels. The wait staff at breakfast seemed overworked and the hotel should consider increasing the number of wait staff. Also, the hotel offers a buffet with pre-cooked eggs. If I ask for freshly prepared scrambled eggs, that should never be a problem.

What I really liked was the convenience to the Metro which made commuting to downtown DC and the National Mall area a breeze. The staff were perfectly polite and unobtrusive; even comped my breakfast when the HVAC went out on the blink. Very quiet-place to stay - unfortunately there is no pool.

• Deluxe Double Room

When I arrived they said they did not have my reservation...showed confirmation number and booking on phone still could not find it...happened to 2 other people in line too! But they had a room available thank goodness....I Stayed at this same location 2 years ago when it was a Sheraton actually right before the switch over. I do not believe it is Westin quality...Stayed at another hotel in Philadelphia next night that was much better which was cheaper with more stars and much better quality. I think this hotel is not up to Westin expectations...Good hotel but not for the price they are trying to get.

The location to metro

The staff was very rude. Billed my credit card for 3 times the quoted price. They didn't know how to fix it saying they didn't see the additional charges for odd amounts.

Location was PERFECT. We were minutes from all the sites and on the street parking wasn't a problem.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

The wi-fi was terrible, non-functional much of the time. Then they tried to charge me $13.95 every time I logged in. Their little business center was no better -- ancient. Slow PCs.

Location, quiet, clean

• Deluxe Double Room

Charged $34 for parking and had to run into hotel each time we needed to get out of the garage because the machine wasn't reading the cards properly!!! Desk staff was particularly "snooty" about it. And, in 2017...who still charges $15 for WiFi? That great price you get from booking.com does not include either of these things even though you click on wifi and parking in your requirements. I also would like a free bed, should I assume because I am getting a bed it is not included in the price???

Bed was very comfortable, room was clean.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Traditional King Room

I could hear everything from the next room. I heard their conversations, laughter and love making past midnight. I complained to the front desk and they said I could have a complimentary breakfast but I could not wait since I had a plane to catch.

The cleanliness of the room

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Traditional Double Room

bathroom very small; had to ask for extra creamer, one creamer per coffee cup was not nearly enough;

room was nice and bed was comfortable. staff very friendly.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Traditional King Room

I left my $179 beats earphones on the bed. I was just about to take off to Johannesburg and called the hotel. I asked them to check and please contact me via email. I never heard back and international calls are too expensive. I could have had them sent to me or to a friend in the US. Staffed seemed unresponsive and not friendly. Onsite dinning not recommended. Got the tenderloin and was told the tough as leather meat had to be cooked at 165. They obviously haven't reviewed the current standards that allow to be fully cooked at lower temps and not ruin the food. Wanted to argue with me that the food was correctly cooked though incredibly dry and difficult to cut, also took my food before I finished.

Comfortable room, quiet, comfortable bed, great view, location

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Traditional Double Room

I chose this property because it offered shuttle service to DCA, even including a note in the reservation - requesting shuttle and including time of flight. Upon arrival I was informed that there is no shuttle service at the time I needed. So, they took my reservation knowing they couldn't accommodate me. Oh, and they charge $13.99 to use wifi in the room.

Rooms were nice enough, but I won't stay here again.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Nothing to complaint about

I didn't have any complain. From staff to the room are excellent. The staff helped me out with my luggage and informed me that i do have SPG member. It closed to Metro Blue line at Crystal City. Just walk not even a mile to find restaurants.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• Traditional Double Room

No swimming pool or breakfast buffet included. Also, the gym equipment was not well maintained.Too much for the parking garage $32

The 12 noon checkout was quite a nice value. The room accommodation was excellent with the 10th floor view.

I didn't like that there was not a refrigerator in the deluxe king room and one of the phone operators was rude and hung up on me in mid conversation..

The front desk was very accommodating and threw in some perks!

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• Premium Double Room

Could not get in with the group rate and the higher rate seemed quite high for a room with s faulty bathroom (tub wouldn't drain).

Staff were great.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Fabulous staff, great facility, loved the healthy restaurant food, wonderful rooms, great location, metro and mall across the street, and the free hot apple cider on cool mornings was icing on the cake!! Will definitely be back!

Lobby had a very nice scent. Staff was very friendly, helpful and most accomodating. Perfect location with a timely airport shuttle. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Traditional Double Room

Room was not sufficiently cleaned or vacuumed each day.

Location. Location. Location. I did not need a car. Metro station was a two minute walk. Courteous personnel.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Traditional King Room

Traveled around the US for one month, it's the worst hotel I'v stayed! The room has no fridge, no kettle to boil hot water...when I called room serive, the first sentence is : it will charge you if I delivered to your room. Then I noticed the hotel is super money hunger. Despite of the room service charge, the local call also charge a lot! Here the problem is that I use phone from room because of YOUR MISTAKE!! I booked hotel for two nights respectively from booking.com, than due to hotel's mistake they canceled my booking for 1 night in system while it's valid from booking.com. The staff asked me to contact booking.com myself and gave me a US customer service number. As a foreigner, I didn't feel a little help! I cannot use my cellphone, the only way is to call from my room, reception people rejected to help, of coz! Then they can charge a lot by this chance! Unfortunately, contected booking.com US several times but never answered by representatives. No way, I called to international customer service for help again. Same case! Finally i contacted a friend in China to help me to contact booking.com cn to recover the reservation. Westin Hotel knew well it's their mistake on my booking, but they didn't help little and didn't take any responsibility, but charged my $50 for unuseful calls! I should thank to the unanswered calls, otherwise the long conversation phone fee would be high enough to book a better hotel! What's more, I booked two nights of different room types, they never ask if I'm willing to change, I've no chance to review all room types, no chance to tell if it's two nights of a lower price room while one night charged as higher one. To compare with Westin, I stayed in HYATT in NYC for many days, staff there brought microwave oven, kettle.. Whatever needed into room without any charge, and willing to help! The reception desk people helped me to dial long distance call to China for FREE!

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

For the price you would think you'd recieve something complimentary. There was also hair everywhere in the bathroom.

The hotel was in walking distance to my event. I also liked the waterfall shower head.

• Premium King Room

The hotel's restaurant is terrible! Food is expensive and quality is very poor. It took us 45 min to get our breakfast, and it was cold, didn't taste, and it definitely was not worth paying $14 for a cold Belgium waffle.

Location great, clean hotel and polite staff

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

not much in the immediate vicinity, though excellent thai restaurant (Urban Thai), plus a retro diner and various other places not far to walk

close to metro, short trip to town centre, extra comfy bed with incredible linen, nice staff, good wifi.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

The tub didn't drain when we tried to shower late in the evening. We had to shower in 6 inches of water....disgusting. It was too late at night to call maintenance. When we complained, the management didn't seem to have any empathy.

Nice facility in a area with easy access to our wedding reception.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Everything was awesome, just a touch pricey but I was kind of expecting that since it is the Westin and in DC, so it is very low. I still loved being at the Westin and look forward to my next trip there! :D

The staff was so incredibly nice and my entire visit was the absolute best experience I have ever had at a hotel. The hotel was beautiful. The bed truly felt like a cloud, i cannot wait to come back!

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Traditional Double Room

Bar staff not welcoming at all - kept change from our payment without waiting for us to offer it as a tip. Drinks expensive. Have to pay for wifi!!!!!!

Great room Front desk staff great

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Traditional King Room

Wonderful & hassel free experience, taking the stress out of traveling. Airport courtesy transport was convenient beyond words, terrific driver & clean van. Front desk staff were very pleasant, made check-in & check-out efficient. Concierge was eager to help get me to a local destination. I wish my associates had known about Westin Crystal City, and will pick it as their hotel of choice when they return to the area next year!

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Traditional King Room

No bellman when we pulled in. Also, drink prices at the bar are high.

This hotel is much nicer than expected for the money. Modern, clean, very attractive and comfortable. Unfortunately had an early flight and didn't get full benefit of the nice room.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

everything was wonderful, the staff was super helpful and super friendly, the rooms were extra spacious, and the beds were super comfy. Parking was easy, the hotel was very clean and just all around great.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Very soft bed. Information book said the Sunday check out time was 3 PM. We made our plans to and from the national mall via metro based on this information. Later, we were told that checkout was 12 PM like any other day, so we had to rearrange our plans completely. Very hot day. Were therefore unable to wash up in preparation for the trip home via congested I-95 south. 3Pm would have really helped us out. When we checked out I brought the information book to the front desk to prove my point. Was news to everyone on duty. Not a single grab bar in the shower is a real downer for those of us in our early 70s.

Location, on-site parking, good breakfast. The obvious heavy road construction outside our window was not active during the weekend - lucky for us.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Traditional King Room

Clean and comfortable, near to apartment buildings in Crystal City. The room is not as big as Westins in China. It is basically 4-star standard in Chinese. Nice place to live in for people moving into apartments nearby.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Car parking fee can be little less for Customer. I paid 32$ per day.

I stayed in Westin only one night and my experience was good. Staffs were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

Free WiFi for all?

Bath robe was a very welcome touch. On site parking and the staff are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. I would absolutely stay here again and plan to do so!

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Traditional King Room

The traditional king room we stayed does not have a bathtub.

The hotel is located less than 5km away from central DC but is much cheaper than the hotels at DC. Though it looks near the airport on the map, there is no noise at all. Room is clean and the bed is very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Traditional Double Room

There is no fridge or microwave in the room. There is apparently no valet parking or anyone to help with bags at this posh hotel-- I would expect better help, especially with the high cost of parking.

Facility is beautiful, rooms are fresh and clean with modern decor. Food was delicious! Our room was also quiet at night-- we couldn't hear the sirens that were seen from the window.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

I was disappointed there wasn't a microwave in the room with small kids it would've been helpful

I liked that location the staff was very friendly and helpful

• Traditional Double Room

Parking is expensive, but inline with the rest of D.C.

Clean, conveniently located and very friendly staff

• Traditional King Room

Pricing plus price too park way to expensive

Staff was helpful

Paying 13.95 a day for WiFi is ridiculous

Room and location were perfect for what I needed

No WiFi

Shower was great so was coffee maker

Parking cost

• Traditional Double Room

Location! Minutes walk to the metro station. Easy access to DC.

• Traditional Double Room

There was nothing I didn’t like.

The rooms were beautiful! Location was excellent and the safety of the facility was great

• Traditional Double Room

Great service , very clean hotel

• Traditional King Room

The restaurant is average.Not good for a foodie like us.

The Metro station right across the street is a big plus for us making DC accessible for us.

• Premium King Room

The bed was spectacular! The room was much larger than expected, the view was breathtaking, and the shower was State-of-the-art!

Parking charges

Room service

Room Too Noisy

Staff friendliness

• Traditional King Room

The restaurant staff that was there seemed to work hard, but it was understaffed at meal times and we had to give on on getting a dinner.