We're sorry, but it is currently not possible to make reservations for this hotel on our site. Click here to see nearby hotels
Ballynahinch Castle Hotel
Recess, Co. Galway, Ballynahinch, Ireland – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.8/10! (score from 45 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Ballynahinch Castle Hotel in County Galway is set within 700 acres of woodland, with the beautiful backdrop of the 12 Bens Mountain range.The excellent restaurant holds 2 AA Rosettes.
Activities organised by the hotel include, hiking, cycling, walking, woodcock shooting and Lobster experience in the summer.This 4-star luxury castle hotel overlooks its impressive salmon fishery on the large private estate.
River and lakeside walks may reveal the local wildlife on the estate. The hotel has a walled garden.
Some rooms have striking views over the river, mountains and woodland. 24-hour room service is available. Facilities include a TV in some of the rooms.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.7 for a two-person trip.
- Do you serve lunch for non-residents?Yes we do serve lunch to non-residents but reservations are required and we would recommend calling us the day before you plan to dine to book as due to social distancing we have to prioritize our residents. Lunch is served from 12.30 - 4pm daily.Answered on 10 September 2020
- myself and my partner are hoping to travel from dublin....is there a way to get there by train and taxi? or what would you recommend without a car?You can travel by bus or train to Galway city, from Galway there are two bus services CityLink and BusEireann to Clifden, take a taxi from Clifden.Answered on 8 April 2020
- have you any deals around 19th oct for 3 nights its our 46th wedding anniversary so nice room with lake views. thank youYes we have special offers however on those dates we are almost full, I would recommend checking availability as soon as possible to avoid disappointmentAnswered on 10 September 2020
- Im interested in adding on fishing with my stay what are the prices?We can't share the links here, you will need to tell us your dates and we can respond with pricesAnswered on 8 April 2020
Owenmore Restaurant or Fisherman's Pub
No additional info available
- Private bathroom
- Outdoor furniture
- Bicycle rental
- Bike toursAdditional charge
- Walking toursAdditional charge
- Temporary art galleries
- FishingAdditional charge
- Satellite channels
- FruitsAdditional charge
- Wine/champagneAdditional charge
- Kid-friendly buffet
- Kid mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Breakfast in the room
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Electric vehicle charging station
- Accessible parking
- Invoice provided
- Concierge service
- Luggage storage
- 24-hour front desk
- Board games/puzzles
- Babysitting/child servicesAdditional charge
- Daily housekeeping
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Meeting/banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key access
- 24-hour security
- Safety deposit box
- Shuttle serviceAdditional charge
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Designated smoking area
- Non-smoking throughout
- Allergy-free room
- Packed lunches
- Family rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Room service
- Emergency cord in bathroom
From 15:00 hours
Until 12:00 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children are not allowed.
Cot and extra bed policies
Prices for extra beds are not included in the total price, and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds allowed is dependent on the option you choose. Please check your selected option for more information.
There are no cots available at this property.
All extra beds are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
Ballynahinch Castle Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.