Stayokay Hostel Utrecht Centrum
Neude 5, City Center, 3512 AD Utrecht, Netherlands – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.5/10! (score from 2328 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant and breakfast is available against a surcharge.
The hostel offers bunk beds in shared dormitories as well as private rooms. All rooms are equipped with a shower and toilet. The accommodations includes free WiFi access throughout the whole building.
Bike hire is available at this hostel and the area is popular for cycling. Vredenburg is 1,300 feet from Stayokay Utrecht - Centrum, while Dom tower is 1,300 feet away. The hostel is about 40 minutes away from Amsterdam and Schiphol Airport, and is a 10-minute walk away from Utrecht Central Station.
This is our guests' favorite part of Utrecht, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.6 for a two-person trip.Stayokay Hostel Utrecht Centrum has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Mar 21, 2016
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Are sheets and towels included?Sheets and linen are included for all our guests of our hostel. If you book a double comfort or a double standard room we also offer free towels. No..Answered on 6 November 2019
- Does it have a place to put the luggage with a locker?Yes, we have lockers that you can rent for € 2,- per day to put your luggage, or we have a free luggage room you can also use (at your own risk).Answered on 30 September 2020
- Which mode of payment can be used? Card, Cash or both?Thank you for your message! For the payment you can use card and cash.Answered on 29 March 2021
- Can I use my own sleeping bag?No, we have our own sheets + linen that you can make use of while staying with us.Answered on 6 November 2019
- Are pets (dog) allowed to stay?We do love pets but unfortunately, they are not allowed at Stayokay Utrecht Centrum (With an exception for service dogs). We do have a few hostels whe..Answered on 7 October 2022
- Still looking?
- Dietary optionsVegetarian • Gluten-free
This is a Proud Certified property where you can be extra sure of a welcoming stay.
- Private Bathroom
- Socket near the bed
- Bicycle rentalAdditional charge
- Live sports events (broadcast)
- FruitAdditional charge
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Kids' mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Public transit ticketsAdditional charge
- Invoice provided
- Baggage storage
- 24-hour front desk
- Board games/Puzzles
- Daily housekeeping
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key card access
- Vending machine (snacks)
- Vending machine (drinks)
- Smoke-free property
- Packed lunches
- Family rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Upper floors accessible by elevator
From 2:00 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
Until 10:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 3 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
The number of cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
There are no extra beds available at this property.
All cribs are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
Cash ATM card Stayokay Hostel Utrecht Centrum accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note that the beds are not made, but bed linen will be provided and guests are required to make their own bed upon arrival. Towels are available at a surcharge of EUR 3.00.
Please note that construction work is going on, on the ground and first floor till 06-04-2023 and some rooms may be affected by noise.
Please inform the property in case children are coming along by using the special request box.
People under the age of 18 are not allowed to stay in a shared room / dormitory.
People aged 16 or 17 may also stay in a private room without being in the company of an adult, provided that they can present a filled consent form upon arrival at the hostel. Please send the hostel an email for the consent form.
Please note the following policies apply for group bookings of 21 people or more with a minimum reservation value of 1.500 euro's:
- Please note that the full amount has to be paid minimum 1 month prior to arrival. Stayokay will contact the main booker directly with payment details.
- Groups may cancel at no charge 10% of the total capacity up to 7 days prior to arrival.
- Groups will be exempt from any charge if cancelations amounting to more than 10% of the booking up to the entire booking are made at least 41 days prior to arrival.
- Groups will be charged 50% of the total reservation value if cancelations amounting to more than 10% of the booking up to the entire booking are made 28 to 40 days prior to arrival.
- Groups will be charged 75% of the total reservation value if cancelations amounting to more than 10% of the booking up to the entire booking are made 15 to 27 days prior to arrival.
- Groups will be charged 90% of the total reservation value if cancelations amounting to more than 10% of the booking up to the entire booking are made 8 to 14 days prior to arrival.
- Groups will be charged 100% of the total reservation value if cancelations of the entire booking are made 7 or fewer days prior to arrival.
Please inform Stayokay Hostel Utrecht Centrum of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about Stayokay Hostel Utrecht Centrum
Stayokay Hostel Utrecht Centrum offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Live sports events (broadcast)
- Bicycle rental
Stayokay Hostel Utrecht Centrum is 1,300 feet from the center of Utrecht.
Check-in at Stayokay Hostel Utrecht Centrum is from 2:00 PM, and check-out is until 10:00 AM.
The prices at Stayokay Hostel Utrecht Centrum may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Guests staying at Stayokay Hostel Utrecht Centrum can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.0).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Stayokay Hostel Utrecht Centrum has 1 restaurant:
- The 5th