Green Tortoise Hostel
494 Broadway Street, North Beach, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA –
Standard Room with Shared Bathroom
Green Tortoise is a family owned and operated hostel started in the 90's. We are all well traveled and try to bring to the hostel what all travelers are looking for, culture. We believe in atmosphere above all else. The hostel is laid back with few rules. We try to promote a sense of community and fun with our free dinners accompanied by live music, free pubcrawls, and daily outings into the city.
Property surroundings –
- Caffe Trieste 0.1 miles
- Transamerica Building 0.2 miles
- Coit Tower 0.3 miles
- Wells Fargo History Museum 0.4 miles
- Cable Car Museum 0.4 miles
- Aquarium of the Bay 0.4 miles
- BART - Embarcadero Station 0.6 miles
- Grace Cathedral 0.6 miles
- Ferry Building 0.6 miles
- F Market Street Car 0.6 miles
Most popular landmarks
- Union square 0.7 miles
- Lombard Street 0.8 miles
- Pier 39 0.8 miles
- Ghirardelli Square 1 miles
- San Francisco City Hall 1.5 miles
- Alcatraz 2.1 miles
- Golden Gate Bridge 4 miles
- Fox Theater Oakland 7.4 miles
- Paramount Theater 7.5 miles
- Oakland Museum of California 7.7 miles
Restaurants and markets
- Naked Lunch bar & restaurant Restaurant 0 miles
- Chinatown Market 0.1 miles
- The Saloon Cafe/bar 0.1 miles
- The Nature stop Supermarket 0.2 miles
- Specs Bar Cafe/bar 0.2 miles
- Safeway Supermarket 0.5 miles
- Enjoy Vegetarian Restaurant Restaurant 0.6 miles
- Cafe Trieste Cafe/bar 0.6 miles
- Sotto Mare Restaurant 0.6 miles
- Ferry Plaza Farmer's Market Market 0.6 miles
- Trader Joes Supermarket 0.6 miles
- Whole Foods Market Market 1.5 miles
- Coit Tower Mountain 0.2 miles
- Fisherman's Wharf Sea/ocean 1 miles
- Golden Gate Bridge Sea/ocean 3 miles
- Stow Lake, Golden Gate Park Lake 4 miles
- Golden Gate Park Lake 4 miles
- Twin Peaks Mountain 5 miles
- Lake Merritt Lake 12 miles
- Mt Tamalpais State Park Mountain 15 miles
- Muir Woods Sea/ocean 15 miles
- Oakland International Airport 11.4 miles
- San Francisco International Airport 12.6 miles
- Mineta San Jose International Airport 39.8 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
5 reasons to choose Green Tortoise Hostel
Why book with us
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speak English
Booking is safe
Most popular facilities
- Shared kitchen
Pets are not allowed.
- Evening entertainment
- Bicycle rental (additional charge)
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Public parking is possible at a location nearby (reservation is not needed) and charges are applicable.
- ATM/cash machine on site
- Luggage storage
- 24-hour front desk
Entertainment and family services
- Board games/puzzles
- Laundry (Additional charge)
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Vending machine (snacks)
- Vending machine (drinks)
- Non-smoking throughout
- Airport shuttle
- Non-smoking rooms
What topic(s) would you like to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your thoughts help us figure out what kind of information we should be asking properties for.Back to property
Sorry, but it seems like something went wrong in submitting this. Would you mind trying again?Retry
From 16:00 hours
Until 11:00 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and extra beds
Children cannot be accommodated at the hotel.
Extra beds are not available.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
Green Tortoise Hostel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Guests under 18 years of age can only check-in with a parent or official guardian. Guests under 16 years of age are only permitted in private rooms, unless an entire dorm is rented.
A cash security deposit of 20 USD is required upon arrival for incidental charges. This deposit is fully refundable upon check-out and subject to a damage inspection of the accommodation. Contact the hostel for further details.
Group reservations consisting of 5 or more persons may be asked for payment prior to arrival.
We have a 10 day maximum stay.
Guests must provide a government issued ID that is from outside the Bay Area. Please contact us if you are unsure about check-in requirements.
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.