Reviews of Howard Johnson Bur Dubai 3 stars

Khalid Bin Waleed Road, Bur Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#262 of 384 hotels in Dubai

Pleasure stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I'm not handicap but I was given handicap room, but it's OK. It was clean & tidy. Slipper was chargable Aed.12 so I didn't request anything additional. Overall saty was good.

The waiting time was to long, they made us wait for ...
    • Twin Room - Smoking

The waiting time was to long, they made us wait for almost an hour. The ac in the room had problems which they fixed the fridge was not cooling as well.

It’s very comfortable to stay, very clean and tidy over all...
    • Twin Room - Smoking

Well, I did not see any flaws, but everything was good with my experience.

It’s very comfortable to stay, very clean and tidy over all everything is perfect .

Never again
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very noisy at night. There was absolutely no regards given to people sleeping. First there was someone from the management shouting at staff at 1 am which woke me up. Then comes the banging of doors at 2 am as if someone is moving in and out of room. This carried till 5 am. Called reception also and they ensured all will be taken care of. Then at 7 am on a weekend the maintenance guys started using drill in the adjacent room which carried on till 9 am. I had been staying in hojo in various countries but this was the worst of all.

Clean rooms. Cordial staff. Food is good.

New Customer Experience Feedback
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I have booked a queen size bed, but when I came to the room. 2 single beds were there

The place is clean and staff are nice. In online booking, 120 was stated. Pls next time put the time exact amount to paid once customer checked in. We were asked for extra 2aed when we checked out. My husband didn't bother to ask but at least, staff should explain the reason.

neat, clean good for a short stay

Car parking facility

I just stayed for a day as a transit passenger. The hotel is good for a short stay. With lots of shopping around even if you do not have a car it would be fine. The car park in the hotel is not all that great. So if you have a car, it may not be impossible but it could be complex

Location, cleanliness, facilities, hospitality,...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Was not welcomed very well initially. Booked from Booking.com, and the receptionist was waiting for confirmation email to reach out to them. I forwarded the confirmation email to his email box to expedite the check in process. The greeting could have been better and more prompt as we were tired and it was around 01:00 mid night. Nonetheless, other than this, everything was perfect.

Location, cleanliness, facilities, hospitality, staff-behavior and it was worth spending

Okay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Tapesh (or maybe just the username of the account he used based on the invoice because he didn't have a name tag) should learn how to smile and welcome the guest. Arriving very late and tired from our trip, a guy in the hotel reception who can't even smile once gave us a very unwelcoming first impression of Howard Johnson 😔 Also, it was the loooooongest check-in we encountered. Longest, and when we finally arrive at our room, somebody knocks and asks for our IDs again even though it was with them already for so long at check-in. At check-out, I asked for an invoice. The lady gave me a blank paper 😜 my mistake; I only got to check it long after I was miles away from the property. I asked the property for the invoice through b.com messaging but it wasn't until b.com followed up with them days after that it finally arrived in my e-mail. Thank you Booking.com customer care.

In front of bus stand, and walking-distance from main bus station and metro which is very convenient for tourists going around Dubai.

I won’t ever stay at a Howard Johnson’s again!
    • Twin Room - Smoking

The idea that I drove an hour and half to meet my family who lives in Dubai and my cousin was told he could NOT come to my room. I am not a child and I didn’t appreciate spending my money with this establishment and being told I couldn’t have visitors!

Decent location by the port and the souks.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was an odd smell in one of our rooms, like a very strange cologne. We didn't spend much time in the room or I would have asked for a new room. We had to pay additional for the breakfast and I asked the staff if we could take the bill for breakfast to the front desk as we were getting ready to check out and the gentleman assured us that it would be added to our room bill and he kept them. A couple of hours later I get a call saying that we didn't pay for breakfast and they wanted us to come back to the hotel but we were already two hours away on our road trip. They need better systems in place to prevent this.

Decent location by the port and the souks. The free parking was what gave this hotel the edge. It is nothing fancy but it is serviceable for a night when you know you will be out exploring Dubai and not in the room much. Breakfast was actually pretty good. The rooms are on the small size but again serviceable.

Valu gor money except the cockroaches
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

In the room and in the bath were cockroaches. that really scared me. The rstaurant is not realy nice... the food was worse than I expected

The tub was 10-15 min walk. Staf is nice! They clean the room, but the problem is with thw cockroaches

Poor and hopeless. Will never ever book in this hotel in my future visits
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Please avoid the property. Its not at all value for money. Rude front-desk, forgot to give wake-up call, poor breakfast quality and variety, too much noise from night club at the ground floor. Hotels looks too old. Housekeeping needs to be reminded several times to clean up your room. Hotels runs mainly on tours and hence they are least bothered to address any of the issues. Leaky false ceiling.Only location is good if you are looking out for local shopping mainly in Meena Bazaar area.

horrible

customer service

the indian receptionist staff was so busy i he dont know wht things first to do that coz of delaying of works even the manager and other staff is just beside him , he needs to anawer the call and ao many the filipino are not friendly i am not satisfied customer service is bery poor and i will not recomend this

My family would cherish the memories of our stay at your Bur Dubai property!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There’s lot of scope to improve on your Breakfast menu and related services! I fully understand the inflow Of guests arriving at once and its challenges during the breakfast time window! Staffs indeed are very friendly and responsive!

Staff and the facilities! Kudos to your entire staff especially, Riyaz & Prakash for always there to extend their helping hands 👍

It would have been better if there was honest person on tour...
    • Twin Room - Smoking

It would have been better if there was honest person on tour desk instead of the cheating girl However big thanks to Duty manager Maria she sort that problem for us many thanks Maria great Management.

For a budget hotel, ok, but..........................................
    • Twin Room - Smoking

1. Response from management on another review site says the club is soundproofed, may be the ground floor one is but when the restaurants are having parties the noise absolutely echoes throughout all the floors, and getting a sound night sleep is impossible even when we were moved from 1st to 5th floor. 2. Says the hotel offers "free parking" but under no circumstances let the valet park your car, we did and got stiffed for a 600 Dirhams ($165) fine for it being illegally parked!!! The hotel refused to acknowledge it.

Room service was good

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Terrible staff. Not tourist friendly at all.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff are terrible and extremely unfriendfly. The staff are slow and not co-operative at all. They do not have any knowledge about the locality and basic information. They are biased towards big group tours. The check in and check out process is extremely painful and slow. The service is not prompt. Be prepared for long queues and waiting times for the check in.

The breakfast spread is excellent.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

a great place for us in Dubai
    • Standard Room

The night staff was much more helpful than the day staff and the stuff on top of the cabinet was not labeled as if from the minibar Not a problem, but would be much nicer to know.

The restaurant was superb as was the service with menus full of desirable things to order! The staff was helpful in getting the taxi we needed at the time we needed - wish we had had more time there to explore that neighborhood. The room was clean and comfortable and access was easy from there to the restaurant that was open at the very time we needed it to fill us with the delights of food that was well prepared and served with great courtesy by such hospitable personnel.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Comfortable stay yet again !
    • Standard Room

Shower in the bathroom had some problem, table lamp was not working. Got the same room which i stayed on last visit. But overall it was fine & comfortable.

Staff courtesy (specially Joyce at Front Desk), Location, cleanliness,value for money. Do recommend to stay here. Will visit again soon !

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Pleasant stay near the airport and historic district
    • Standard Room

The location was convenient to the historic part of the city but we spent most of our time in the newer areas. Still, transport was not long by taxi. There was no great view although we could see the tops of some ships in the harbor.

After reading the reviews, we expected to pay for wifi in the lobby. We were pleasantly surprised to find out it was free in our rooms. Staff were friendly and helpful. The room met our needs and was comfortable. We found the room safe easy to use. My daughter loved the Asian restaurant on site.

only fair
    • Standard Room

the bed is not comfortable at all..whole night we are scratching our backs and arms..its itching... i think there's bed bugs on it...

love the location its accessible...

The place is nice and clean.
    • Standard Room

Most of the staffs were rude. Way tooooooo strict rules on visitors. You'll get rude answers from the people in the reception if you are a visitor. Will not recommend this hotel to my colleagues because of these rude hotel employees.

The place is nice and clean.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Standard Room

bed sheets&towels were left on the floor in the parking area.pool staff did not advise people for follow rule and hygine as i saw some kids came without sliper from elevator and directly intered in the pool then again they went to elevator without sliper.

room was clean

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Great holiday
    • Standard Room

If you are willing to have a good sun tan then august is the month for you. The temperature was really hot 40 degrees..

The staff was great...very warm and helpful. Close to bus station n metro.. The food were great as well. I really enjoyed the peace n quiet at night... Would surely come back to the same hotel for a next holiday..

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

A pleasant stay
    • Standard Room

The main reception staff was cooperative, prompt check in / out process. The room was cleaned and well maintained. Overall, have a pleasant stay there.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Comfortable stay - money's worth.
    • Standard Room

Lounge was mostly over crowded, loud agents & travel desk tried to oversell.

Excellent breakfast, very helpful staff, good location. Extremely helpful airport pickup & drop personal. Good Chinese Restaurent Overall nice stay & recommended to friends and relatives.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Very very bad staff and manager- suraj
    • Standard Room

First the atmosphere of hotel. Second hotel manager -suraj and one boy on reception very rude to talk and trying to say no to people who book through online than giving these rooms on high rates to other people. Omg very bad.

There is nothing to like.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Great staff comfortable hotel.
    • Standard Room

The lobby can be very noisy due to the type of guest this hotel attracts. I guess because it's good value. There was an incident that caused a few guests to be in a very heated argument with the manager. The shouting of the guests was not in order and could have been dealt with better by the hotel security.

Staff were great. I made an error on my checkout date and they helped me get this changed. The staff manager Mercedes and the desk clerk Aiza were very attentive to my requirements and made me feel like I'd been there a long time. The location of the hotel is not central but public transport is available and there are plenty of good cafe's around serving authentic Arabic foods. I would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Clean, comfy bed, and great value.
    • Standard Room

The check in and check out wait. No nice view from this hotel so please do not expect anything like a sea view or burj khalifa view if your a luxury traveler. This is a good hotel for thrifty traveller but wants a comfy bed and a clean room.

Clean, comfy bed, and great value. Near bus station if ur a traveller.

Very nice service it’s great

Every thing i like

no thanks

Room arangment

Room arangment

I really enjoyed my stay.

Had issues with WiFi.

Food, location, TV channels, services, ambience, facilities.... Everythin was exvellent.

It's affordable price
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The Chanel of TV it's not updated mostly is Hindi and old movies Not all people can understand Hindi movie

It's affordable price

So much noise in the hotel, and late when you try to contact...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

So much noise in the hotel, and late when you try to contact with the reception

Really nice room arrangemen specially every ting mint...

Wifi

Really nice room arrangemen specially every ting mint condition

Filipino guy staff

Manager and his assistant Behavior

Filipino guy staff

Privacy is good

Lacks sound proofing.like u can hear people talking inside their rooms

Privacy is good

Last minute booking rendered good value for money spent!

Nil

Good Value for money.

Okay stay

Parking was congested

Location relative to my business assignment

Need to provide complimentary dental kit

Dental kit was charged

Need to provide complimentary dental kit

Nice place and experience
    • Twin Room - Smoking

Everything was good, staff are nice, location is near to almost everything

• Twin Room - Smoking

Good location ,and food .but room arrangment and beds not good.as wel reception worst

Receiption worst

Excellent morning breakfast

Excellent location, nice facility, co-operative staff, neat...
    • Twin Room - Smoking

Excellent location, nice facility, co-operative staff, neat & clean

My stay at the howard johnson

Was not as pleasant as when I visited last 3years
    • Twin Room - Smoking

Their towels needed 2 b replaced..it's too old, no hot water like 2 days of my stay..

The location was perfect

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Food, cleanliness, accommodation in the city
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It is necessary to inform in advance About the construction site in front of the hotel.It was very noisy

Food, cleanliness, accommodation in the city

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Staff are not very friendly.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff are not very friendly. Specially the staff at reception.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Nice room, bathroom.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast- not very many choices. There should be taxi service.

Nice room, bathroom. In hotel was also pool area.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff dont know How to smaile?They dont know meaning of Do Not Disturb Borad.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Interesting

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Cheap

Very shady. Not for families

Cheap

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Excellent hotel for chord travel

Good value for money

Good

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Resonable value for money

Staff attitude

Room were ok, valet service

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Great Location... Reasonable size of the Room
    • Standard Room

Room size is small but is budget friendly.

Location. Location and Location

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Good place to stay

wi fi working slowly

friendly staff, secured parking, good in-room facilities

super fantastic stay

clean

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

Genius costumer there is mention providing wellcome drink but i didn't get and i ask from reception they are say in.

It's very far to metro

Very good room

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Air condition
    • Standard Room

The air condition was too high and we couldnot adjust the temperature.

The bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Very nice
    • Standard Room

Very helpful staff; very nice hotel

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Front desk staff was very good and helpful.
    • Standard Room

Bathroom had very bad ventilation, shower had pressure leaks other than this overall a good experience

Front desk staff was very good and helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

good

facilities in the hotel

room size and location

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Standard Room

Very bad experience to stay in that hotel I will never ever come back again

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

You should not be here :(

The hotel itself

Everything is below normal.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

price

price

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

It was a good value for the money. Gave me the basic things I wanted and some staff were very nice
    • Standard Room

Occasionally noisy club on the ground floor

Swimming pool, jacuzzi, gym

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Staff are ok, Room is Clean, near the bus station, value of...
    • Standard Room

Took forever to check in and out.

Staff are ok, Room is Clean, near the bus station, value of money is good.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Peaceful and beautiful stay with value of money.
    • Standard Room

Very polite and helping staff and very peaceful environment inside hotel and location of hotel is very nice too.

There are also 62 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Howard Johnson Bur Dubai traveller photo gallery