Reviews of Holiday Inn Dubai Al Barsha 4 stars

Sheikh Zayed Road, Al Barsha, near Mall of the Emirates, Al Barsha, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#178 of 384 hotels in Dubai

• Deluxe Twin Room - Smoking

need to enhance the food varieties specially in the breakfast

i liked the location it's central near from the shopping malls and the business center as well

• Deluxe King Room - Smoking

We found the room to small and not same as we expect. But we ask for other room the reception take action and find better room for us immediately. Really thank you.

• Executive Room

Monotonous breakfasts, noisy room (front to the street) - thin facade glass, proximity of highway

Absolutely fantastic staff! Very helpful and friendly. Good location, close to metro station. Free shuttles.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The view from the room overlooking into the clothes drying balcony of the neighbouring building !

Good location close to Mall of Emirates and a nice Thai restaurant

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We had no complaints... Excellent experience for us all round....

My Son and I enjoyed our stay very much.Having the metro close by is a huge advantage The staff are very professional,helpful and extremely kind and courtesious...I would recommend Your Hotel to any visitors coming to visit Dubai...

• Executive Room

Room was good and spacious with burj al arab view. The hotel gave me an upgrade for free. Staff were really nice and helpful. Many restaurants nearby, metro stations only 300m, Mall of the Emirates only 10 minutes walk. Definitely will recommend this hotel to my colleague.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing that i can recollect. The food is highly priced but thats expected from a place like Holiday Inn

We got a room upgrade considering the size of the family. The staff was very helpful, cordial and friendly. Plus its easy access to bus and metro station. There are good Indian food hotels as well. Mall of the Emirates is walking distance, however if you have small kids, they may get tired of the walk. It was a fantastic stay at Holiday Inn!

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Don’t stay there if you want a view.

An unexpected surprise! The check-in staff were excellent, the facility was clean, the Thai restaurant was tasty and the terrace bar was relaxing. You would have never known it from the unassuming front facade of the hotel. Good location too.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The blanket was very old and smelt and looked dirty we asked for it to be changed and they put it into a duvet cover. I think the hotel needs to invest in new blankets. The shower curtain was dirty but when I asked for it to be changed it was done immediately. There needs to be someone around to keep people quiet late at night as children were running up and down the corridors screaming and shouting.

The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The location to the metro and Mall of the Emirates was very good. The breakfast had a good selection. The rooms and hotel was very clean.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

This hotel is far away from Mall of Emirates, 15 min walk. The neighbourhood does not offer anything as such. Hotel is old and cramped. Rooms are cramped. For the price, I paid it was way-way overpriced.

• Executive King Room - Smoking

Breakfast is very good and have multiple options to select. Staff are very nice and helpful. Walkable distance to Metro. Taxis available. A Private tour operator is available in hotel entrance, helped us to execute adhoc plans for safari Abudhabi. We had some extra time to catch our flight, hotel allowed us to keep the luggage in storage even after checkout was very helpful to do last minute shopping.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staff were superb there was nothing they couldn’t do for you. We got a free upgrade to an executive room with a superb view of the Burj Al Arab. The emirates mall is Up the road, it was walking distance. Taxis were always available in the car park. Exec rooms offer complimentary Landry daily and access to exec lounge.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel was excellent. The breakfast was excellent and the staff were very friendly be at the front desk or at the breakfast area. The room was so spacious and clean!Superb!!!!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We had a booking that entitled us to an extra bed in our room. I went to reception to sort an extra bed . I was charged extra and paid. We stayed 3 nights . The day we left, I left at 6am for my flight . The family member at check out at 10am was re-charged after a very long argument. The final receipt of my payment + what they were charged over doubled what was initially quoted AND printed . A shame but it left a bad taste. Next time we will go else where.

The staff were all very helpful at the front of the hotel. Shika was very efficient but her other colleagues messed her good work .

• Executive King Room - Smoking

On our second night, we arrived to the room in the evening to find out that the room wasnt cleaned. We called room service and they quickly came and rectified the situation. In the rooms, a bigger TV would be good.

On check-in, Ms Anju was great! She checked us in quick, and throughout our stay she always served us with a great smile. Bharat from 3rd floor housekeeping was also great, and would always give us a warm welcome everytime he sees us and runs to make sure we have everything we need. Ms. Anju from the breakfast restaurant was also great and always receptive with a smile. Overall experience was great with staff being the best part about it.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The Manger said well its your mistake I told him your staff revised to park the car

What I can say about the Manger on duty I got parking ticket and its free parking hotel

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

bathroom comfort was bad-tub/shower was narrow and no non slip mat provided. Food variety for breakfast was extensive but the quality and taste was poor.

room upgrade, location to the mall of emirates, friendly staff.

• Executive Room

I’ve Booked for King Bed But unfortunately it was 2 single beds. I’ve faced some bad Attitude with duty manager. Needs some improvment

Delicious Food , Comfortable bed, Good Staff,

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

More shuttles to the beach

Very pleasant reception staff. The first hotel on our trip that had allocated us a room on a low floor as I had requested. Thank you.The sweeping stairs up to the first floor were amazing. . Comfortable beds and choice of pillow. Safe walk to mall of emirates. A lovely stay

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Just the fact Money was held from my account and still has not been given back to me

Everything looked nice and clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We failed to get enough towels in the rooms from day one. Number of towels just kept decreasing with each day that passed.

Bed was great. Room was great. Friendly staff members. Facilities were awesome, bar, pool etc.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The cooling in the room was a bit much even after shutting it down, perhaps the ambient outside was affecting the inside temperature. Daal could have been made better for lunch and the lentil soup was also not very appetizing.

Courtesy and care for the customer is exemplary esp by Mr. Moazzam Ali. He allowed me early check in and late check out which meant I could do my business in Dubai with ease. Such people are an asset to any organization and should be rewarded and recognized. The rest of the front office staff like Shikha are also very helpful

Old, bad smell all over

Bad smell, not so clean. Staff doing their job with carelessness. It does not meet thevalue of money. Tons of hotels are in Dubai better than this one and much cheaper. I regret every single moment and every cent!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

An older hotel, Rooms towards the atrium can be very noisy. In general not good sound isolation.

Friendly staff, good conferencing facilities, rather good choice of food.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I requested in my booking a room with a city view, but did not get it. The window faced towards the back of the other building.

Breakfast was one of the best. Staff very polite and courteous. All personal amenities that one may need were provided and replenished.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staff's attitude during check-in and check out was not professional . On checkout I had to pay for breakfast even though I believed I made a bed and breakfast booking. After I was told this was not the case, I paid with my credit card however the lady on duty said she had informed me about this on check-in, which is factually incorrect. Because if this had been the case, I would have opted for buying vouchers which would had been AED15 or so cheaper per day. I felt extremely insulted.

Breakfast selection was great

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Being used to staying in hotels in Dubai we expected larger twin beds. They were just large single beds so we couldn’t fit our 2 boys in a bed together, and no trundle beds available so they had to sleep on the floor!!!!

Very comfortable beds

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The restaurants in the hotel for dinner were well below expectations. The food took forever, main came out cold, and the appetizer came out after the main and some pieces of chicken were so burnt they were not edible. When we pointed this out to the staff all we were offered was a free desert-- this was the only bad experience at this hotel. Breakfast was great, but dine out for dinner!

The staff, room, and spa were excellent. Booking tours was easy. Breakfast was wonderful.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Not clean specific the bathroom and need maintenance. Also noisy I could not get a good sleep. Although I inform the hotel and they need provide me with king/queen bed and room

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

the room was made for midgets although i was at the club floor but very small room...hardly had space to pray (muslim) pillows were not comfy breakfast was not that great. the croissants were not fresh but jam was good :)

The Thai restaurant was simply amazing

See comment up

They did not follow my question about how to invoice and pay the room. They notice our question about how to pay and promised they follow our company questions but at the end they locked the room what was really unconvinient experience.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I had a lot of problems with the internet in the room. I only had a good connection when I was sitting in the lobby.

Hotel is not far away from the metro and emirates mall. Room was clean. Staff very helpful. Good breakfast

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast though elaborate was very repetative. we stayed there for 7days but could not find a new dish for the breakfast.

The staff was very helpful in every aspect from guiding us about the metro routes to giving us discounts for Waterpark (Atlantis) and deset safari. had a very comfortable stay and would surely recommend.

• Executive King Room - Smoking

The noise next to the hotel. The sound of motorcycles and tuned cars were easily reaching our room.

Almost everything was perfect. Staff are very friendly, hotel is clean, breakfast is great and location is superb

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

You can take shower only in the bath tub. While that is okay, the bath tub is a little high. This can be a hazard especially after shower when you want to step out of the bath tub. Tripping hazard.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel needs to introduce a shuttle service from the hotel to the Metro Station (Sharaf DJ). The Metro Station is 5-7 minutes walk, but in the summer it is difficult to walk in this scorching sun along with our luggage especially at the checkout to go to the airport through the Metro Station.

• Executive King Room - Smoking

I would like them to either remove or edit the description card they've placed on top of the electronic safe in the room that says you shouldn't place your valuables inside the safe and rather place them in the safe deposit lockers available at the reception "free of cost." But when I went to the reception to have my valuables deposited with them, the guy at the reception told me they don't have any safe keeping lockers at the reception!! Secondly the complimentary child bed provided by them had a very hard spring mattress and I had to sleep on it myself for all 6 nights because it was too uncomfortable for my 4 year old son. I felt they are providing discarded mattresses that could no longer be used for the regular beds.

The breakfast was excellent with a lot of variety on daily basis. Loved the health club facilities though the swimming pool is small but overall great value for money. I would like to mention Mr. Ataullah at the entrance who arranged transportation for guests. He negotiated the cab fares for us and gave us some excellent travel tips as well. I would definitely stay at this hotel again on my next trip to Dubai.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Except the snacks that were displayed were on SALE :) . And that too you will not realize that you will be charged for using it until you see the fine print.

overall it was good , nice warm breakfast , friendly staff.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room smelled like pesticide and has constant smell of dust coming from the AC the bathroom isn't that clean and the towels aren't new and have been used a lot to the extent that they don't dry you up that well, couldn't get a friend up to the room,

Parking access

• Executive King Room - Smoking

No bad experiences at all! Can't complain

Staff attitude was brilliant, very helpful always smiling and solution oriented. House keeping boy Jamil, kanchan in concierge were great. Also the entire staff in gym garden was literally pampered us. Lingam and Anju were brilliant. Bed and pillow were so comfy. Will stay again and again.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

staff being inapt at doing anything. I had no hot water for two days, I had to ask for my room to be cleaned. Had my personal belongings removed when I went up to get my breakfast.

Staff in general

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It takes a long time to check in, staff are not particularly helpful or well informed. There are extra taxes to pay, which I did not feel fully informed about on booking. Some of the rooms are a very long way from the lifts.

The property is in a good location and the rooms are clean.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The additional bed for my 10 year old daughter was so uncomfortable she slept on the floor. Awful.

Excellent staff team, from the reception staff to the pool staff and housekeeping.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Very little complaints, I think maybe if one is a light sleeper the motorway and train noises maybe bothersome but its Dubai so good luck finding a quite hotel. Its not in a busy central area (though near mall of emirates) but as Dubai is long and narrow no where is actually 100% central but if you want to step out and be in a place with a downtown feeling, this isn't the place for you. If you want easy metro and taxi links then it is very central as its along all the major routes!

I had an unfortunate incident where the friend traveling with me got notified of a family incident moments after checking in so she was hardly there 36 hours. The hotel were excellent in helping us ring the airline and using the business centre, the rest of the week I had to stay alone and the staff really help me make the best of being stuck in Dubai, the friendly staff is extra noticeable as in reviews of many Dubai hotels, arrogant staff seems to be common. Beyond this the hotel was excellent anyway as it had a lovely pool area, nice restaurants (especially the Indian) and good metro links. The room was very spacious (however we did get upgraded to club level), breakfast was diverse and tasty and the room service and housekeeping were good and the tour that was arranged from the touring desk to Oman's Musandam Peninsula was excellent. All and all a brilliant hotel, defiantly helped me turn a bad situation into a good one!!

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Bathroom was not clean and had a bad smell, towels were very few and after housekeeping is servicing the room, towels has been taken and no new towels has been provided. after complaining, they sent housekeeping to use perfume in the bathroom, but is was not enough. There was a fly in the bathroom :(

location is good, near metro station.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Staff great! great rooftop pool and bar along with several other bars in the hotel Sports bar great and Garage bar in basement was my favourite with live music Gym also good rooms well air conditioned and soundproofed close to metro station

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Executive King Room - Smoking

Price I paid was on upper margin of what I would pay for this level of hotel. However, I like the location, helpful staff. Nothing negative to say here else.

Great room, comfy bed with two types of pillows to choose from. Breakfast was varied and nice. Staff helpful as usual - I stay here whenever I can, also due to very short walking distance to metro station Sharaf DG which connects you to city. Last time I tried the Thai restaurant. Excellent food and staff. Highly recommendable. At day of departure I booked one of their own taxis and I actually paid less than public taxi and drove comfortably to airport. All nice and easy. If you are a smoker, they can offer you smoking rooms (which is a rare sight nowadays).

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Executive King Room - Smoking

(1) My room was right on top of the bar so the music and bass transgressed through the floor. (2) Wifi speed was not good. (3) Not many TV channel options especially sports.

(1) Excellent staff! (2) Very convenient location (close of Mall of Emirates, very close to Metro stop, lots of convenient store around the hotel, considerably centrally located).

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Everything else aside from location. I stayed there for a week. It is very noisy, during the day, seminars and presentations in the lobby (instead of closed halls) where the hotel patio is connected to the rooms. At night the music/noise from the underground club is too loud despite the fact that it's empty most of the week days. The only good (Asian) restaurant is open only in the evening. The employees are mostly (99%) from one nationality (Indian) so communication is not taken into account unlike other hotels who employ various nationalities to accommodate more language speaking communities. In general I do not recommend it for a friend.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Att de inte hade några engelska tv-kanaler förutom en och den var så dålig. Det är skönt att efter en lång dag i solen och med shopping, bara slötitta på tv men nej, det funkade inte.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Took ages to check in. Were promised breakfast boxes before we left because of all our issues but got nothing. AC was noisey and hard to get the temp right. Child bed was hard and clearly the mattress needed changing as you could feel the springs.

Location was ok although busy.. there should have been complementary shuttles though to the mall etc not just the beach.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Staff at the front office was rude, made me paid forcefully on the first night for next two nights. The fascility dont worth $ 350+ per night. I advise all not to stay there as it was a miserable stay.

Was close to metro

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Bar/club on the ground floor is a bit noisy on weekends if you have a room on the floor just above.

Convenient location close to a Metro station. Nice clean room. Good breakfast with wide selection. Helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

When I checked it I stated I wanted to pay cash but was told I could only do that as I checked out and my card would be used just as security. When I checked out I was told that was wrong I could have paid in cash and now the money put on hold on my card could cancelled be but would take approximately 15 days to do so !!

Good facilities , cleans and modern rooms and great choice of restaurants and bars

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Executive King Room - Smoking

they don't help you for the taxi, in booking i booked for 3 guest after i pay they say its not allowed to get guest, so hard to find taxi, and too many things

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I like staff and good location.

Staff are polite, helpful and great location...close to the mall of Emirates and easy to find small shops, restaurants. Only price on booking.com price for 3 days 1250 Dirham but Final Pay 2650 Dirham. 😂😂😢😢

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Executive King Room - Smoking

Check In was terrible mainly because apparently there is a miscommunication or mis-understanding between hotel and booking.com/myself We booked room for three persons for two nights, however, hotel initially charged us 150 extra for third person per night considering him as an extra person rather than confirmed guest. The manager was kind enough to deduct only for a day but this misunderstanding needs to be cleared.

- Environment was very pleasant and staff were welcoming and helpful - Rooms were clean and comfortable with nice ambiance - Breakfast was nice and with good variety - Facilities are good - Location is very nice and it is located right on the Sheikh Zayed Road

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The buffet breakfast spread was amazing. Did not need lunch after that. Staff were amazing. We were travelling from Australia, arriving at 7am after a 15 hour flight and they allowed us to check in early. Pool was good.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Driver does not speak English, picks up outside entrance 1 which is 50 meters from the "between stands 2 and 3" specified in booking.com mail. Nearly missed the shuttle because driver can't read the pickup zone description.

Close to airport with shuttle.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The desk staff was very accommodating for our early arrival and late departure. Younos was helping us and he was so kind and helpful. Everyone on staff was very helpful

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Nothing at all. Just add more beds to the swimming area

When we arrived we got a warm welcome from Ian, who kindly upgraded us to a 1 bed suit as we had a five year old and 9 month baby. The hotel is fantastic and is in a great location. We did pay more than usual and that is only because of the season, otherwise you can get good deals for this hotel. The breakfast was fab with a amazing spread so much options. The staff overall Are very friendly and very helpful it's a very warm and welcoming place. Customer service was excellent they went out of there way to help. The weather was fab and the spa and leisure fecilities was great too. We will be back in April

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

In the afternoon a bit noisy due to some construction work.

Best location, close to metro, mall of the emirates and restaurants. Friendly staff was always available when needed.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Great breakfast, near metro station, strategic position for excursions, free shuttle to Kite Beach, nice gym with PT available, nice swimming pool, child friendly atmosphere, clean, nice room, cheerful and very service minded staff

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Close to Metro and Mall of the Emirates. Easy travel into town as against main traffic flow. Rooms are tidy and functional and staff are pleasant and helpful. Comprehensive breakfast selection.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel has recently been renovated, is very clean, efficient check in/out and good breakfast menu/variety. Staff at breakfast very professional. Parking under the hotel is very convenient and secure.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel did not charge the price that was guaranteed by booking.com The room had been reserved through booking.com for the price for the price of 791AED but we were charged 891AED and plus the taxes. I make booking reservations regularly and this was the first time this inconvenience happened to me, which is very worrying. Not only did the hotel Compromise itself but also the reputation of your organisation! Booking.com should not allow this.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Needs to improve on vegetarian options for breakfast. Needs to improve taste on some breakfast items.

we booked deluxe rooms. we got corner room, that was good size. Clean room & bathroom.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Not negative, but please consider: in my opinion the 40 sqm One-bedroom King suite isn't suitable for 3 adults and two children as you can find on the booking site. There is one excellent double bed in the bedroom. Nevertheless, all other beds are additional. We were two adults and two children, so it was OK.

Generally, everything was over our expectations. The breakfast in the restaurant is very good. The cleanliness is excellent. The personnel is very kind. The pool on the top was nice. The location is good. The hotel is between the Dubai downtown (Dubai Mall) and the Marina. You can reach both place quickly by taxi or Metro. The Mall of Emirates and the Sharaf DG metro station is in the very near - even by foot.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Construction outside Loud voices in corridors in all hours of the night through the morning I did not receive reward points for this visit.. I am a member if IHG and should at least get an acknowledgement for staying at one of their hotels...

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Great location. Easy to use the Metro. Close to the Mall of the Emirates. Good chain hotel. Delivers all it promises. Clean and well maintained rooms. Helpful staff. Excellent breakfast.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Nothing negative to say!

Breakfast was very good,staffs were amazing and so helpful!!we loved it and definitely will be back!oh yes,room was super spacious and the Nespresso machine was a great touch..beds are very comfortable too..all and all,super stay we had.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The price shown on booking is different than the one you pay. You pay about 30% more. It's a shame!

Kind staff and nice room. The hotel is good and breakfast nice. Good location.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

I didn't stay here. When I arrived the customer service was terrible. I asked for a refund and it took all day just to get a refund.I booked an executive suite and ended up with a regular room with 2 twin size beds. They switched me to another room with a full size bed after I complained. The room was even smaller. The manager didn't know his job.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Best services Best Staff & Friendly " Reception + Cleaners + Room Services + Waiters + Duty Managers " breakfast was perfect private parking excellent hotel specially for family good location direct at shaikh zaid road and just 5 minutes to Emirates Mall Many Restaurants & Supermarkets near to the Hotel They were helpful for late check out. *** You will enjoy A comfortable stay specially if you booked One bedroom King Suite. So Big

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Executive King Room - Smoking

The pool is too small when 10 guests were inside. The room is facing the other neighbourhood building where cleanliness was not maintained.

Check in/out process was seamless and quick. Colleagues are friendly and attentive. Breakfast variety is good with Asian station separate. Waiter/ss were very responsive and warm. We have been upgraded to executive room, very spacious room and bathroom.

Browse Holiday Inn Dubai Al Barsha traveller photo gallery