Reviews of Ibis Mall Of The Emirates 2 stars

Sheikh Zayed Road, Al Barsha, near Mall of Emirates, Al Barsha, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

#194 of 384 hotels in Dubai

- Not good options for TV Channels in consideration for multi-cultural visitors.

I have stayed in this hotel many times and also in couple of other Ibis located in Dubai. Whenever I am travelling Solo on a personal trip, Ibis is my first preference always. On this trip some of the positives were Staff: Very friendly and understanding. Must thank Daniel at the reception. I missed my breakfast within the stipulated time but he was helpful in arranging whatever was possible Location: 2~3 minutes walk away from Mall of Emirates.. Easy from the Airport to take Metro, stop at Mall of Emirates station, pass through the shops to the exit next to Ski-Dubai and walk to the hotel. From Station to reach hotel, it will not take you more than 8~10 minutes of walk Cleanliness: The hotel and the rooms are very clean and gives a modern comfortable feel. Internet: Free with good speed and connectivity. Bed / pillow: Extremely comfortable

Drainage system in washroom, floor is not inclined towards drains in washroom so water accumulates while taking shower nd whenever floor gets wet

Hotel staff,room services,location , money value very reasonable

The room wasnt fully ready for us. No toiletries were available in the washroom. Had to call again and again to the housekeeping department. Also i mention while booking for a special complementary service as i came for my honeymoon stay nothing was done to make us feel special.

food, location and assistance

the size of the room could have been slightly bigger. the TV was definitely too small. and to get to the pool you had to cross over to the hotel beside it and the access cards didn't work.

the pool on the roof was great

• Standard Twin Room

due to some small error while booking, i had to wait for an hour at the lobby before BDC sent amendments to the property, however, eventually sorted.

Like the location which so so convenient one can even walk in the middle of the day to reach your destination shopping mall MOE. would be nice you put a gym at IBIS, instead guests seeking staff assistance for accessing the Gym in the next door premises.

checking in process, Room smell, room electronics

I didnt like the Hotel at all, Checking in was extremely poor and boring, took a long time and even room smell so bad. I called the maintenance to fix the AC and spray the room, even facilities like TV, Fridge and cattle were poor.

tea maker was not working ......... it happened 3rd time in row............ but only this time I asked to change......

no unnecessary disturbance stay was completely relax able............

no thing, every ting was perfect

wonderful, staff was very helpful and smiley, room was small but cover all needs, location was perfect as it's too close to Emirates mall where you can find every thing, in addition to reasonable price.

We love the hotel staff, they are all bery helpful and accommodating :) kudos to Abdel, Jeff, Ian, Sonu and Glorie; these guys really made our stay stress free :)

Staff and cleaning

This is one of the best hotels we stayed in. Room was large with a sitting area with a couch. The room was very, very clean and modern. The staff at the front desk was very friendly, helpful and professional. They even gave us a bottle of water for being a Choice Hotel member. The lobby was nice and clean

AC not working properly but they fixed it directly...all in all was amazing...

Staff is very approachable and very helpful!!!!!although the AC doesn’t work properly but they take actions directly..very comfortable...my partner and I was did happy to stay..definitely coming back and I did my booking again for next week.easy to find the place it’s near to metro and food is superb!!!!!

Too much of noise no sleep at night, had been hearing the door bangs whole night long and in morning whenever someone closed the door in the other room, in short too much noise.

Nothing in particular, but there is always room for improvement to expand the wow factors.

The team led by Ms. Emma were very helpful and ensured my stay was enjoyable and actually allowed a late check out to enable me time enough to rest after a long day on the road.It was definitely worth the cost.

The fridge wasn’t working There was a problem with shower drainage, basically whenever I shower the whole bathroom gets flooded

The friendly staff and the food

• Standard Twin Room

The toilet has a bad smel ...no safety box in the room...the TV has not got all the chanels...the simplest things like shampoo is not there

Only the location ...

Receptionist Sonu was very unpleasant she never smiles and answer yes/no not polite at all Bad isolation between rooms we could hear neighbors Bed is uncomfortable and small

Affordable, good location next to Mall of the Emirates, clean rooms

Breakfast is nominal.

Located in very convinient place.. Mall of the emirates is in walking distance.. metro station also near by. Early raiser breakfast from 4:30 am is more convinient.

Tight bathroom space & no window sheer curtain for privacy. Also, please add cycles to your breakfast menu. Other than that, everything was perfect.

Perfect location near Ski Dubai/Mall of Emirates. This hotel is a basic hotel but what stands out is the good quality of service. Smooth check-in by Glorie Ann & Ian. The two hold my luggage while me & my daughter were snowboarding in Ski Dubai prior to check-in time & politely answered all my queries during our stay. Breakfast was the same during our stay (4 nights) but the smiles & assistance of the dining staff were fantastic! Camille & Theo were friendly & helpful & our check-out was a breeze. My 7 years old daughter rated the hotel facilities 9/10 while service was 10/10.

• Standard Twin Room

The bedroom I was in didn't seem to be properly insulated from outside noise. I would get waked up around mid night by noise from other hotel tenants talking in the hallway outside my room. And this happened a couple of times.

Excellent location, only a 7 minutes walk from the Mall of Emirates. Also the staff are very polite and helpful.

The property is located very near to the Mall of the Emirates but the pedestrian access is far. It takes a good 15-20 minutes walk to reach the mall. No Conceirge Lack of parking space in the front and even pickup or dropoff is hard. The Staff wasnt courteous enough.

Lots of dining options nearby Property is located close to Mall of the Emirates and hence you can use the Metro station plus RTA buses operate a chunk of routes from the mall bus station.

No iron in the room. One was delivered quickly but I like to have one in the room. Room was a bit spars for my liking.

It is a fairly basic hotel. However, it does those basics well. The bed is good, AC is quiet and the desk is spacious. Internet is free and fast and connects easily. Plenty of water pressure in the shower. Breakfast was good as well.

There wasn’t any bathroom facilities such as shower cap, slippers Two days in a row housekeeping team forgot to leave towels so i had to call the reception and waitited more than 10mins to bring me towels to take a shower

Bed was good

some complementary items should be provided for example one breakfast or a get together or a program for entertaining guests

the quick response of the staff especially Mr Ian Danel. Miss Sonu and co. The food for veg was superb. the location of Ibis is good near station and mall

I booked for the Ibis Hotel and got upgraded to Novo Hotel as Ibis was overbooked. They put me in a room with a terrible smoking smell and some maintenance in the room was needed. The next day they put me in another room, much better and non smoking, as my initial request, but the first night was not good at all.

Good pillows and bed.

The room was bellow that we expected, small, the bathroom was small also and get wet everything time that we have shower. I have asked them for a bed queen but when we arrive there were two beds like single size.

The staffs and the manager were fabolous! They did everything to make our honeymoon the best

1. Had to pay a full extra night for the few hours I had before their check-in time of 11AM on the same day. Ridiculous. 2. Had to repeatedly remind House Keeping to clean my room every day. 3. Cleaner did not change my sheets. Apparently the "linen finished". Utter nonsense. 4. My room was stuffy and smelt like a cat lived there. 5. Wasn't properly informed at check-in on the hotel's policy for guests. 6. Staff were rude and borderline discriminatory.

• Standard Twin Room

When we got the room there wasn't nothing there just the coffee and water so we had to ask for towel and sandals that what i did not like

• Standard Twin Room

Rude and no qualified staff👎 it was not polite to disturb me twice for checking how many persons stay in my room!?!? I know rules, I stay in Dubai each month but it first time when staff disturbed me in my hotel room. It’s very rude!!! I talked with manager about that and your manager didn’t find any normal!

Only location!

I ask allergy room but teeren didn’t have any. The room has fitted carpet and I was wery difficult breath there. Also that room had to be noin smoking room but there smells cigaret.

When I came , the lady on the front desk asked me to go with my car in the parking of Novotel ; and she didn’t give me an access card to pass the parking or the elevator . Any way I came to her and I was really furious and after that she issued the access key ; I really didn’t understand her attitude ; I had many luggage and I had to carry it till front desk( I parked in Novotel hotel and I had to go through it to ibis ) Lack of guide cuz simply she can tell me that through the parking I can access to ibis as well

room carpet smell was not good, ventilation of the room and toilet are poor

room is nice, staff are very good, location is very nice, service is very good

They do not readily accept US dollars; you have to pay a commission. Thi is not particularly good for tourists.

Easily accessibe and clean. The staff were friendly and helpful.

I have mentioned earlier, and yet again giving the same feedback. You guys really have to work on your cuisine. I mean i like nasi goreng, but i dont find more wide range of option to fullfil my appetite. Thats why i usually order from out.

Firstly i would really like to bring to your notice about your staff named Ian & Jae. They were very co operative, ready to serve nature. I work too in a hospitality industry, and the service that these guys provided, hats off. Its really important when u have such lovely staff to serve their customer and give 100%.

customer service was worst, it seemed that the staff at counter working free of salaries or as a volunteer. They were not supporting at all. I have been travelling for work as well as with family but never found this kind of worst customer service ever. Complaint twice but no response. Frustrated stay of two days. Do not want to see their faces again.

Location - near by mall and other shopping facilities.

The only complaint I have is they were bad with picking up the phone. Both at reception and housekeeping. They almost never picked up. Reception used to pick up after 2-3 tries. I had to go down twice from my room to the reception to ask for a clothes iron and some milk powder cuz nobody was picking up.

Other than the phone issue , it is a great hotel , both price and location wise.

Food Menu is very limited. Should try to get more varieties.

Staff are very friendly, always with smile on their face. Ready to serve any complications. The hotel is fantastic in terms of location. Very convenient.

Nowadays most of the hotels I have been their Visual equipment's (LCD TV, LED TV) are big, but compare to the room provided to us it was small (27" if im not mistaken) at least make 32" so that the viewing is good. The shower flooring is not properly level, everytime I use the shower the water is not going to the drain directly, i need to use my feet so that the water will reach the drain. Room is small & expensive at AED300+

• Standard Twin Room

The staff didn’t give a rats arse! I had booked two singles - prepaid. Money left the account - to only be offered a double bed. Not acceptable. The room was supposedly a non smoking room - it absolutely reeked! Air con was bad and the room was unclean. Asked to be changed to another room and was just ignored. Soldiered through the 1 night and left as early and as fast as I could. The little sleep I got was regularly interrupted by people making noise in the hallway. I know it’s only a 2 star but still would expect a little more of an effort from staff and some degree of cleanliness. At least keep your word. Not expecting much from a 2 star - was only a quick overnight stay. Seriously how could you be so reckless.

Just the location

The soap containers in the rooms were a bit weird and unpractical.

The hotel was cozy and close to restaurants and shisha lounges. The staff were helpful and welcoming. Both check in and check out took only a few minutes. Anywhere we walkedt in the hotel we were greeted and met with big smiles. Thank you Ibis for this wonderful stay.

I liked the customer service. Everything i asked was sent to my room within 10 minutes of the call. Location was ideal. There was everything in the room, although basic facilities but for the price it was an awesome deal

The location is great, the hotel staff were very helpful and friendly specially the receptionist (Hanecel Jepelos) Special thanks to Hanecel for her great hospitality and definitely that will make me stay in the hotel over and over again.

• Standard Twin Room

I wish there had been info given about the IBIS beach bus.. I saw it outside the hotel by accident and requires advance booking so didn’t get a chance to use it.

The staff were so friendly and smiley. The decor was funky and comfortable.

• Standard Twin Room

What I didn’t like: My booking was done through booking.com and payment was already effected since 3 weeks before my stay. At the time of check in, the front office agent couldnt find the payment document. I showed him proof of payment done but he refused to see. Maybe a copy if my document was not in his file. So to be on his safe side., He had insisted that I pay for the room night again though payment was already done. This is unacceptable. If at that time, I did not have money what would have happened? The guy was very rude to me.we arrived from BOM and had only one hour to refresh before being pick up for our tour. To our surprise, it took about 25 minutes for the front desk to process the check in. The first lady was handling us, then swap to the guy who himself don’t know anything.This is unacceptable. Im in the hospitality industry and know very well the check in standards. You cannot make a guest stand 25 mimutes at a counter while you are looking for documents. I asked them why should I pay again, he said you do not have the card on which payment was done.No where this is written in the policies. Payment was done already, so why do they need to look for the card. The guy told me that the said amount will be refunded to me. For me, this is not acceptable, maybe it booking.com or ibis. Lack of information: They do not even guide you where is the lift to your room. Thereafter room key was given but did not work. We were on the 6th floor and had to return back but luckily a housekeeping employee opened the door with his masterkey. Room smelled.. We could feel the moist and humidity odour. The floor carpet was not vaccumed.

The cleanliness of the bathroom.

Cattle in the room wasn’t working. The response over phone for room service and house keeping was pathetic. The staff at reception was not hospitable. I clearly see that they treat guests from booking.com with less attention and biasedness was there for the guests booking directly with the property.

Cleanliness in the room.

One of the worst stays in my life and what's worse is I've been a customer of Ibis from Beijing to Riyadh (including other ones in Dubai) and this one has tarnished my experience with the brand beyond repair. The problem starts promptly at check-in where the reception staff who were incompetent at handling customer flow first say there's no smoking room available even though I asked for one in my reservation, then try to get me to pay for the whole 3 nights without guaranteeing a smoking room for the remaining nights, then disappear and leave me waiting at the front desk for a while, and finally manipulate me into staying the one night saying there's indeed a smoking room available but it has to be cleaned first and I would change rooms during the same night. Of course the promised smoking room vanished somehow when I asked about it a couple of hours later. Very incredibly rude & unprofessional. It's utterly disgusting to take advantage of weary travelers this way & beneath any such international chain no matter the rating. The staff need to be re-trained from scratch because they are truly giving the place a bad name... initially I thought it was maybe only a few bad apples (aka Finny, Sonu, & Mohammed at reception) but then even when I asked another receptionist later that night for a simple adapter he procrastinated & then said there were no adapters available and nothing would fit my cord even though I asked for any adapter they have. Really only go here if you're planning to sour your entire trip; otherwise, avoid it like the plague.

Location and the spacious lobby is a nice break from their claustrophobic rooms.

The room is too small. There was coackroach in my bathroom on the last night of my stay. I didnt expect this in Dubai really.

Location was good. Relatively lively neighbourhood

Location very good, very good trained reception staff the are very helpful and friendly especialy Ms.Hanecel, very good advices from Mr. Sayed Shekeb and Ms. Emma Gatheru.

Zero haygein. The hotel doesn’t change bed sheets. We found a bug in the bed sheets. I got allergies from the insect. The worst experience ever .

People cleaning the rooms are very tired. It seems that they have too much work (number of rooms to clean for one person is probably higher than it should be). Labor force should be treated fairly in every Ibis around the world!

Location, and the lobby looks nice and smell good

• Standard Twin Room

There is nothing much to say anything negative.

Staff,facilities at the hotel and the location. My flight arrived earlier than expected so I had go to the hotel early around 09:30 am. The staff were kind enough to get me a room straight away instead of waiting until midday to get the room.

Eggs too hard boiled. No Omelette. Just one common soap for shampoo, hand and body. Nothing like Tooth brush, Shaving razor, needle & thread for stitching. Not even a shoe mitt.

• Standard Twin Room

Small room. No facilities inside the hotel. Don't expect anything except for a clean and calm room.

Affordable for a short weekend trip to dubai if your main objective to rent a hotel is to just sleep for few hours before hitting the roads again!

do far it is very nice.

thank you so much that ibis the way taking care of me and a delicates way to deal with the problem that I encountered during my stay there.

• Standard Twin Room

We couldn't find fault with anything Would totally recommend this hotel

The staff were really friendly helpful polite couteous Could not fault any of them Would totally recommend and location was ideal for us

1. My request to fix damaged shower door was ignored; 2. The last day staying, staff did not even bother to provide water bottle, could NOT understand.

• Standard Twin Room

We sent them an email for honeymoon treatment and it was the only hotel in our honeymoon trip not to treat us specially or even put us flowers or anything!!! The room was very very small The bathroom smelled We had to call the housekeeping 2-3 times to get us what we asked for & they always sent things missing. We also had to ask for 4 towels in order to get 2 for example And the WORST thing that happened to us is that they refused to send someone to help with the bags and I had to call my husband back to the hotel to help bring down the bags We paid too much for nothing!

breakfast was okay

None.

The room was comfortable and clean. Staff was friendly, especially Staff Sonu was very helpful. Typical Ibis set up which we love it (have been staying with Ibis from many other countries ).

The breakfast menu didnt change as its the same everyday

Lifts are quick and efficient. Checking in and out was a breeze. Taxis are easily available. Minimarts, cafes and less than 5 mins walk to Mall of the Emirates!

The room which is a smoking room is kinda airtight which suffocates us.

As they did not gave us a better room than before, i can say that it is just enough or below expected.

The shower may slippery, no shower mat available. The shower's door not fully close, so its bit mess after took shower.

comfort bed, good wifi, nearby mall, plenty restaurants nearby.

Value for money given the location was excellent. Good size rooms & happy to find we were able to use the gym & rooftop pool at the Novotel next door. Staff were super accommodating and professional.

I booked this hotel for my colleague and clearly mentioned that this booking is for someone else and I am not the main guest. The whole amount was charged for 6 nights and when my colleague reached at the hotel for check-in, she was asked for my Credit Card. My question is that why would I give my credit card to my colleague? Does it make sense? If you are specifically mentioning during the booking that this booking is for someone else and the whole amount is already charged through my credit card, and when I am not there, why is the guest required to show my credit card? For all this, my friend had to pay all the amount in Cash again which caused great inconvenience to her! Highly disappointed!

Location!

I can't think of anything that I did not like.

The room was spacious. The bed was wonderful. Very comfortable! Great pricing. I like the location where I could walk to the Mall of the Emirates. The hotel is near restaurants and convenience stores.

Awesome place to stay for a holiday.....location just great and could not ask for a better place to lay you head down on the comfy bed after sightseeing the whole day.

• Standard Twin Room

The room and the bathroom is quite small, but didn't really affect our short stay. There were no complimentary toiletry items.

Location was great, good value for money, staff were friendly and approachable, comfortable environment.

I usually don't give feedback like this, but at this hotel the staff was not very agreeable. I needed help on an issue, and was fully dissapointed. The reception desk manager made a terrible impression, no sense of customer service and very arrogant.

Our bathroom had a broken Muslim shower and the soap dispenser was not working. However it was resolved within 15 mins by the staff which impressive; they replaced the shower completely. The vending machine could also have a variety of drinks; it was mostly just water and a juice.

Very near to Mall of the Emirates, which is also a great access point for major sightseeing locations. Very friendly staff and responsive too. Very clean room; cleaned daily and replenished tea and water as well.

Some staff members were not very friendly. They would make a lot of mistakes on orders and would not help for stuff that were unrelated to the hotel. All they cared about was making money!

The location was good. Everything else was meh...

The price of the room was so not worth the money in terms of size and amenities.

That I had a place to stay which was well located n easily accessible and had good service staff.

No valet, and no one carry out your luggage to the room.

when I wanted to check-in, I asked to see the room before I pay, and they did. They were nice with me.

It was ok, comfortable and has a great location. The hotel is partnered with novotel so if they don't have anything you need they can get it from next door.

The bed size is too small especially if you have a child with you.

The Hotel is super cute, I like the decor in the lobby and dinning area alot. The picture is exactly as it is online. The staff are very friendly.The staff did a Christmas carol during our stay, it was splendid! 😁

Rooms were small. Extended check in and check were not allowed for even two hours. The supervisor at reception was rude.

Overall nice place but rooms and bed were small for a couple and an infant.

Food order takes too long to wait, 20 minutes becomes 45 minutes. Telephone Services (reception, food, etc.) takes too much time to answer..

Near Metro & MOE

Amaizing location

I like how they were cooperative and smiling all the time They managed to make me comfortable by any way possible Definitely am considering staying at this hotel again for the amazing reception (Ghlorie and ian and the amazing Camille )and personnels and the outstanding location

Browse Ibis Mall Of The Emirates traveller photo gallery