Reviews of Quality Hotel and Suites Oakville 3 stars

754 Bronte Road, L6L 6R8 Oakville, Canada

#3 of 11 hotels in Oakville

OK for a night stay.

Bathroom, bathroom door in particular. The bathroom door was bifold closet door. Not easy to close or open, very noisy (I woke up everyone trying to close the door). I can’t recall if was possible to lock it, but I don’t think so. Also looked dirty (since my review related to the bathroom). Recommendation to the hotel would be to either replace the door or at least to paint it.

Location, size of the room, comfortable beds,

Truly disappointment, hotel needs to be updated and a waste of money.

Over-all a very dated placed. I will not recommend or return. I have travelled a lot for business, and pleasure. It's not acceptable to treat woman travel less then the service, attention a male would receive. The pic is of a desk chair in the room, and the repaired was trim at the ceiling.

I did not like this hotel at all. Due to the following: Upon checking in they delayed me as I arrived 45 mins earlier than check-in time. I was clear on my needs online and in person. I had to sign a form for damages that I may cause. Yet I am senior, not a young kid interested in partying. I was assigned a room on the third floor as Booking guest only get floors 2 or 3rd floors. In addition, my view was a huge garbage bin. Discussing! I complained and advised I would leave if not given another room. Only to be informed the supervisor said no. I got on my phone to secure another location. At that point, a second room was given. The condition of the 2nd room was awful. I took pics.

Good hotel to stay if driving

It's proximity wasn't great, could have had better arrangements with the restaurant for breakfast and dinner. eating

Hotel was very clean and staff very friendly.

It was okay, a little over priced.

The spa was closed for maintenance and the pool did not look very clean. The television channels were analog low def and very poor quality. The Tim Horton's connected to the hotel was not open all night

The front desk was friendly at check-in and check-out. The room was clean and the beds where great, lots of pillows.

I loved having a separate livingroom from the bedroom;
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

At first glance everything looks clean and well kept. However when you take a closer look you motice the cracked paint, dush on railings and an over all need for a deep clean. The main downfall of our stay though was when my friends and I asked if the hot tub was open and ended up with chemical burns from head to toe because they decided to use bleach AND chlorine in the pool and hot tub. There was no indication that either were closed for service and the staff even assured us that they were open for use. Needless to say this is a MASSIVE health and safety concern especially since there were children in the pool.

I loved having a separate livingroom from the bedroom; However rooms like our are available at most other hotels.

Elevator broken told them had to stay daughter was having...

Elevator broken told them had to stay daughter was having surgery ended up staying at the hospital went to check out and another person said they had special rates for that. Other person didn’t say anything

nice big room, great staff, plenty of parking, well worth the money
    • Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

my other room for my friend was in the small side building not up in main building beside me.

great big room in the main building well worth the money and will stay again and let others know to stay there.

Would happily recommend
    • Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bit of a walk to the train station and few shops nearby. Pool was out of action for our stay.

Very good sized room with plenty of facilities, clean and up to date. Helpful and friendly staff. Free parking was very useful. Comfortable bed.

OK for a business stay if you have a car and are not wishing to be walking distance to town/cafes et

The air conditioning was loud and the controls really meant it was either on or off. Really needs a more gentle quiet airflow for nighttime use. The hotel really is suited to a traveller with a vehicle as out of town not close to anything so walking anywhere isn't really an option. Breakfast wasn't great.

Good wifi connection and reasonable room. Cheerful welcoming staff who were most helpful.

Customer’s issue’s fall on deaf ears.

Fire alarm went off at 2am let us in at 3am, it was below zero we were offered NO blankets or coffee and at checkout were offered 15% discount.Maid completely didn’t clean room 1 day, cut foot open on bed frame caster, waited for my elevator on 4th floor for 20 min before a child told me to use fire exit door and walk down. No apology offered for my 20 min wait , I asked why no one wrote an out of order sign and placed it on elevator doors on each floor? No appreciation for a customer who has stayed 45 days there in the last 6 months.time to seek another hotel who puts there clients in a high standard of care and comfort.

The room had a balcony and the bedroom was separate from the sitting room with kitchen,right off the highway

Large room was an excellent price but took 45 min. To check in to see it...

It took me 45 min. To check in, even though I prepaid on credit card with NO cancellations threw booking.com, and about 6 hours earlier, they obviously didn’t trust me or booking cause they had me wait to verify booking with booking.com, the hotel restaurant has the worst staff ever and I leaned over bed to get cloths andcwhen my foot went under bed I split my toe open on the sharp metal bed leg, told front staff and was looked at like I was clumsy????

Had a large room with balcony for fresh air, maid was excellent and just off the major highway. Close to everything needed.

The front desk team amazing , hope all best for them.

It was a Party and it a little be annoying

The front desk team amazing , hope all best for them. I wished to work with such a team like them. on 16/02/2017 at 20:00

The front desk staff and serving staff in the dining/bar...

Having to re-login for the Wifi on my computer and phone every day was frustrating, especially during a week long day. Is there a way to make a pass for people who stay for more than one night to avoid this?

The front desk staff and serving staff in the dining/bar area were terrific.

Clean spacious room.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

My wife mentioned she chatted with the restaurant chef twice and on both occassions he came across as quite rude. I totally understand people have bad days (I'm guilty of this as well) however when it comes to food people are quite sensitive to both food quality and the attitude of the restaurant staff.

Clean spacious room. Attentive room staff. We needed a crib and got it within 10 mins of getting to the room. The room was also ready ahead of the 3pm check in which is great when you're travelling with kids. Front desk staff were friendly and attentive

• Executive King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Stuff unfriendly, room was a mess, spa tub didn’t work well, the tv was tiny, I ordered the Jigsaw movie on their payper view and the was lines through threw thing. I will never be back!

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

The room was amazing, bed super comfy and staff was great!
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Breakfast roomservice was not that great.. Food was cold, had to reorder a meal and took forever to get. Not cooked the way advertised or requested.

The room was amazing, bed super comfy and staff was great!

Christine at the Front desk was very helpful and...
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The only thing I did not like was that room service did not collect the breakfast food tray so when I went back to the room at the end of the day, the dirty utensils and the tray were still there.

Christine at the Front desk was very helpful and professional. Even the other front desk person (I did not gey the name, he is a guy) was very helpful and polite.

It was okay. And I recommend it. It's near everything.
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The building is old and need a face lift and renovations. One elevator was down so it was really long waiting to get to the floor of my room.

The bed was comfortable and the furniture and utilities were well disposed in the room.

Disappointing!
    • Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

We had no power from midnight until 6am so we had no air conditioning! Also something happened to the hot water tank and there was no hot water until Saturday late evening. There was no apology and when I asked what we would receive for the inconvenience I was told zero. We stay in hotels on average 12-14 times a year and chose the quality Inn often but I have to say this has tainted my opinion and I will probably not return. I understand that they had no control over the situation but either did I and I paid for a service. Our friends that stayed in another suite received a discount which was disappointing there was no consistency and makes me think my money isn't as important!

Loved the open area living room separate from the bedroom! Was great for visiting with our friends!

The man at the desk when I checked in was simply wonderful.
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The electric went out for several hours and then the next day there was no hot water until after 3 pm.

The man at the desk when I checked in was simply wonderful. He was kind, funny, and engaging.

First Stay in Oakville was a success!
    • Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

The restaurant needs some help. I went there for 1 drink in the evening, and it was dead. The lighting is weird in there. Perhaps a bit of a facelift for the place and some better specials to pull people in some more.

The customer service was some of the best I've ever experienced. Really fantastic job!

Your staff were very pleasant and helpful.

We would have preferred a better room, they need to be more spacious and definitely cleaner.

Your staff were very pleasant and helpful. However ur rooms need a complete makeover and your restaurant could use some cleaning up.

Good value. Friendly staff.

My room was at the back of the hotel and had a window that opened to allow fresh air in which was great but my room was overtop of the back parking area and more specifically the full dumpster which was producing a stench so could not enjoy a breeze.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

The staff was good accommodated beautifully.

They advertised a salt water heater pool but it was chlorine he'll and to cold to swim in. They did however give us an extra night so all was good

The staff was good accommodated beautifully.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Dissapointing
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The restaurant within the hotel is absolutely awful. The floor was so dirty.. You can clearly see it is not well maintained and was not cleaned for a while. The staff at the restaurant for breakfast were both in a bad mood. The breakfast itself was terrible. I have never seen a restaurant within a Quality Inn hotel so poorly managed and so dirty.

Rooms were ok. Bathroom was outdated. Service at the front desk was excellent. Check in and out super fast. Hotel room n general is clean but needs renovation for sure.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

bathroom was spacious
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Air conditioner / furnace was too noisy kept us up during the night

bathroom was spacious Kitchen easily accessible and convienent ( bar fridge, microwave ) bed was super comfortable Over all very clean

The beds were comfortable

Pool wasn't available and the staff wasn't that helpful. I had an emergency with my daughter and needed to get to the hospital and they didn't seem concerned or offer any assistance. I was by myself with a 3 year old having trouble breathing and and 11 month old.

The beds were comfortable

Would not recommend.
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The Pool was out of service, which we did not know ahead of time. The check in attendant made some rude comments to my partner about the nature of our visit as we had reserved a spa suite. We wanted to eat at the restaurant for breakfast but when we walked in the smell was so terrible that we turned around and left. Maybe the food would have been okay but I did not want to sit in a restaurant that smelled of rotten fish and restaurant dumpster grease.

The bed was okay.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking is good but can be a challenge when events occur in the hotel.

This was our second stay at this hotel. Staff is friendly, rooms are comfortable, kids enjoyed the pool. Best part of us is the location. So easy to get to from highway and so easy for us to get to where we are going in that area.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Very good hotel, and the booking process was easy.
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

I like to listen music but it wasn't any option. Also the room didn't have water to drink. The washroom didn't have good lighting in the vanity area.

The bed was very confortable and the room plenty of spacious.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Good space for family with teenagers
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Bedroom was cold. No heater in bedroom. Heat is drawn through a fan. We were told the pool had been closed down and they were awaiting approval to re-open as they had finished their improvements.

There was truly enough space for a family with teenagers! Although close to highway we did not hear it! Tim Horton's is attached to hotel and there is a gas station next to the property. Location was good for us. Bed comfortable. Bathroom was clean.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Very clean and friendly staff.
    • Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

Wish the bathroom was bigger. Only 1 person could get ready at a time before we headed out to our business meeting.

Bed was great along with the pillows.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Always a dreamy stay........

no gluten free items on the menu at the restaurant.

The pillows were like clouds Excellent service from housekeeping when we needed more shampoo and a new blow dryer replaced. Friendly staff at front desk who helped us get our directions every step of the way.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

absolutly disgusting rip off. criminal to book room for an thing but a quickie
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

there was no adequately comfortable furniture to sit on, no cutlery, dishes and other necessities to host guests for anything but an overnight stay, absolutely disgusting lack of amenities.

No kitchenette.
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Kitchem was a waste of space.n

The kitchen was not stocked at all and there was not an oven as pictured. There was only a microwave, and we needed an oven. There were no dishes or cups.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Computer glitches and poor temperature control in room otherwise clean and friendly.

Air conditioning was located in tv area and was inadequate in bedroom. It was noisy and couldn't cool both rooms. A small fan in the bedroom wall didn't work at all well. We booked on Booking.com ; there was no record of our reservation in the computer upon arrival despite the fact that we called the day before to confirm and our reservation was confirmed by the hotel. We did not get the type of room we reserved.

The hotel clerk worked hard to accommodate us; however she had to move from the counter to another computer many times so our check in took a long time.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Second time staying here.

Second time staying here. The staff are super nice and welcoming. Rooms are big. The facilities are a bit old but all functioning. Very good value for money.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Family of Four One Night Stay
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Found a cherry pit on the floor by the bed. The hot tub was closed. This was not mentioned upon my booking. It was disappointing. The pool seemed small for the size pf the hotel.

The space in the suite was lovely. While we only had 15 minutes to swim after we arrived at the hotel (closed at 10:00pm), we had it to ourselves. After a long drive to get there, it felt great.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Nice

There are no lockers at the pool. The pool was not really proper.

Nice room. The hotel is easy to find and good located if you want to go to Niagara or Toronto f. ex..

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Will definitely recommend and will come back.
    • Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

What excellent value for the money .... a sitting room and large bedroom. Believe it or not, the price was better than competing Oakville hotels which didn't even have a sitting room. Great treadmill.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Hotel with a heart
    • Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

The overall cleanliness of the hotel needs improvement. The elevator and corridors on the ground floor could have been kept cleaner. There were more than 60 TV channels to choose from but not one was dedicated to news. CNN is found in every hotel, even in Europe, but not in this one.

The manager of the hotel was outstanding! She understood our distress when we had to extend our stay due to our brother's terminal illness and so inspite of a full hotel, she allowed us to stay another night. The suite was very comfortable! Having a small refrigerator and microwave oven made our stay so much more pleasant. Great bed and fluffy pillows. Very comfortable suite with a lot of extra room space!

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Perfect stay when taking in a Blue Jays game

Staff were friendly and helpful. I was staying overnight and attending an evening Blue Jays game via GO train. This was perfect for the trip. The room was just as I expected. It was quiet and comfortable. The restaurant next door serves a great breakfast.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

No air conditioning in the bedroom, only a noisy fan pushing...
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

No air conditioning in the bedroom, only a noisy fan pushing cool air through a hole in the wall from the living room (where the air conditioner is) into the bedroom.

Good internet but needs better maintenance

Ceiling was leaking and no one came to fix while I was there. It was dripping all over the carpets.

High speed internet

Left day early becsuse of room
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

No light in shower, windows sealed shut , room sruffy ,smelled of smoke, no sofa just chair 1/2 , no outlets to charge electronics

Enjoyable stay didnt have to ask for anything .

Room service quick Happyy staff Food great Perfect location

overall very good, we stay there when in Oakville

room doors could use noise reduction, they are loud when closing

Front desk staff, very good

The food was really good and the beds were comfortable also

Everything was wonderful there

The food was really good and the beds were comfortable also

Nice staff nice stay

Noisey area

Comfortable rooms

Comfortable and spacious
    • Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

Good location for us; comfortable suite and spacious

Very relaxing.

Furniture very comfortable.

Ok

Thé poor service at thé hôtel restaurent

• Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

I did not see negative issue

I feel like hom

Had a blast would stay again

Spa was not in service

Room was beautiful

room and staff were fine. it was the pool and hot tub that made us go somewhere else.

pool - 80 degrees. and hot tub needs to be functioning :)

Room itself was ok. It was the hot tub and pool that really let us down.

It's was a great stay

The bed was great

It was good!
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The bed could have been more comfortable. Pretty springy.

The tub made an excellent choice, and the cleanliness was exceptional!

Good value

Not terrible for the price

Food was very good.
    • Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

Don't think I was given a fair exchange on my American currency

Food was very good...in room coffee was a good start for the day

Liked that there was a restaurant & a Tim Horton's...

The fact that the pool & hot tub was closed for the duration

Liked that there was a restaurant & a Tim Horton's adjoining

pleasant stay, nice quiet clean room too!

Laundry on site and Tim Hortons right next door

the sauna

the sauna

Not going back there

Light burned out in bedroom. Ceiling has leak marks and needs to be painted. Bathroom Fan not working. Only one elevator working.

excellent stay, will recommend to all.

friendly staff, rooms comfortable, dinning excellent.

Friendly staff. Clean rooms. Large suites.

Exterior needs some work

Suite was really big & well planned out.

No power(electricity) in the hotel

No power(electricity) in the hotel

No help from staff when booked through Booking.com

No air conditioning

Nicely decorated rooms

Summer reunion

No signage re breakfast.

It was close to the GO train & highway as well as the village of Bronte.

Nice hotel best price.

Not enough staff.

Menu was great Small pool but refreshing Great patio Quiet hotel

Everything was fantastic

Everything was fantastic

Close to where I was travelling.

Close to where I was travelling.

Comfortable restful and clean

I didn't stay longer

Fast and efficient reception staff made checking in hassle free

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

We will definitely be back ☺☺☺

We liked everything

The hotel was spotless very very friendly staff loved everything

Staff was wonderful

I couldn't get an early check in 1 1/2 early but they did accommodate a late check out

Staff was wonderful

Inhouse for a better breakfast

The inhouse restaurant was excellent for breakfast with a glimpse of some of the Creek wildlife... don't even bother with Hortons.