Reviews of Marco Polo Xiamen

8 Jianye Road, Hubin Bei, Siming, 361012 Xiamen, China

#17 of 191 hotels in Xiamen

Marco Polo Hotel in Xiamen is one of the best places to stay...
    • Executive Superior King Room with City View

The button to close the curtain in the bathroom didn’t work, had to close it by myself)

Marco Polo Hotel in Xiamen is one of the best places to stay in Xiamen. Firstly because of the high class attitude you get from the moment you get into the hotel and till the moment you leave it. The staff is very welcoming and helps you with everything you might need. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Being the part of Marco Polo Continental Club brings you more bonuses. The free minibar is such a great thing. If you stay in Marco Polo hotels quite often, don’t forget to collect your Asia Miles. The breakfast is great! The location is close to various restaurants, Starbucks. It’s always very easy to get a taxi from the hotel.

Great stay with great breakfast

All was great

Marco Polo always meet our expectations. It has been our 4thor 5th time. We were staying at 8th floor and choose option with breakfast. No regrets- we were very satisfied, especially with cheeses board, freshly baked bread and real sausages. We got invited to Happy Hour which was very nice - both for having drinks and the ambience. The service is lovely and helped out to sort out issues quickly. We will try to come back!

I expected a more modern Hotel by the pictures I saw
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Lake View

Everything was perfect except we paid for a Lake view and they could not find one for us and we had paid forr this however they gave us Breakfast at the Business Centre which was nice of them The Hotel however is a little older and needs some attention

Excellent location with some great options for restaurants and cafes in the neighborhood. Great running around Yundang lake in the mornings or around sunset. Hotel had a lot of charme and lovely views on the lake side.

A relaxing weekend accommodation!
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

You could hear other guests staying within the hotel from time to time.

We especially enjoyed the location of this hotel. The surroundings are relaxing and quiet. The hotel is a well known landmark within the city and provides easy access into the city for sight seeing, eating, and drinking.

Would come back
    • Executive Premium King Room

Gilbert, the reception manager, was really great and gave us an enthusiastic welcome. He upgraded us to the executive suite and free minibar, which was very much appreciated after a long hot day. The suite was clean, tidy and well appointed, with crisp sheets on the kingsized bed. There was also a nice view over Yudang Lake.

The location is near bars and restaurants which is...
    • Promotion Deluxe King Room with City View

The room was too big with a kitchenette I really didn't need. As a result, the TV was too far from the bed and was quite small for such a big room. The lighting of the room is clumsy. It is difficult to find the switches.

The location is near bars and restaurants which is convenient.

A very comfortable hotel
    • Promotion Deluxe King Room with City View

The room is big with a very comfortable bed. I got a free upgrade to a lake view room upon check-in. The can drinks (including beers) in the minibar are all free.

Happy stay
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Great concerige svc. Wang Hai helped book the tulou tour & int’ Ferry tix to Gulangyu Island. I was upgraded to 8th floor. Very comfortable bed & environment. My train stopped at Xiamen North. So, I took the metro to last stop (1hr) & then got a taxi (10mins) to the hotel. Be prepared to taxi around. There’s the popular cafe street around the corner. Ck it out!

definitely is a memorable stay, particularly a period so near to Chinese New Year
    • Deluxe Twin Room with City View

ADD buffet were excellent mix of Chinese and Western food. Staff were helpful and friendly. Service were excellent. Concierge was helpful in providing information and recommendation. There was also an house doctor, which is a plus in case of sickness.

I will be back
    • Executive Superior King Room with City View

The "free" mini bar is disappointing. The snacks are pitiful, but there are a selection of soft drinks and a couple of beers. No wine or spirits. The coffee station is OK. The airconditioning didnt seem to react much in terms of temperature when changed

The Continental Floor feature of the Marco Polo hotel group is a winner to me. The club lounge is excellent with all amenities needed. The breakfast is outstanding. The free WiFi is not bad either. The location next to the lake is outstanding

Service,comfort& location!
    • Deluxe King Room with Lake View

For a 5 star hotel, I expected a grandiose dining area and lobby and the room look and feel was more like a good 4 star room too. The bathroom pictures of each room needs to be put on bookings.com because I expected the loose standing bathtub that was amongst the other pictures. The bath floor was a little stained.

Free comfortable airport shuttle, location tops- between coffee and bar street and the most beautiful area in the city! The service were 5 star,the Marco Polo arcade has a star bucks, Italian, Japanese,Chinese & Western Cafe. The breakfast was delicious with an array of Asian and Western dishes, the cheese board was unexpected!

Excellent hotel
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

This hotel is in an ideal location. I would recommend without reservation. It met all our expectations and more. Breakfast had a wide and varied choice which should meet all needs. All staff very friendly and helpful.

Amazing staff, very organized, perfect english skills.
    • Promotion Deluxe King Room with City View

Amazing staff, very organized, perfect english skills. They cleaned room twice per day, as I noticed. I asked to arrange a taxi to get to the airport, it took abut a minute to wait.

Well located and friendly staff.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The check-in process was quite long. It seemed they weren't enough staff to assist in the process. Which was quite frustrating after a lengthy flight.

The hotel was well located. The rooms were fairly spacious and staff was very friendly. Room service is 24hrs which was perfect for a midnight snack

Remarkable place to stay both inside and outside.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The security hovering around the check-in desk and lifts made it slightly uncomfortable; almost as if I was going through an airport security check instead of a hotel.

The surrounding area is beautiful. There is a lake directly opposite the hotel which is tranquil and perfect for a walk or just to sit and admire the view. There are plenty of cafe's and bars within walking distance. The hotel itself is a bit rustic and it gives you a nostalgic feel. While the room was a standard one you find in most hotels, the general atmosphere of the hotel makes the experience wonderful.

Great hotel, excellent breakfast and friendly staff.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View Including 1 Breakfast

Checking-in took some more time than necessary, but that is just a minor hick-up.

The breakfast is great, both Asian and European freshly made food. The hotel is clean and neat. Friendly staff and very nice rooms.

Stay in the Lakeview room for 4 nights. Clean rooms and comfy bed. But bathtub is too high for me
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Lake View

The outdoor pool is not heated. There isn't much seating in the lobby area. We stayed in December when the heating is on. There is no way to control the room temperature ( which is boiling hot). We ended up getting a staff to open a window for us. We hired a van for the duration of our stay so we have no problem getting around. I think there is no public transportation around the hotel.

Clean and non smoking hotel There is a spacious Yoga room for me to exercise. Check in is efficient and the room key works well at the elevators and the room.

Excellent hotel for westerners visiting Xiamen.

It's a little bit expensive, but you get what you pay for. Some rooms are quite a distance from the elevators.

Very comfortable hotel in nice surroundings. Right opposite a lake. Immaculate lobby with counter staff that spoke perfect english. Rooms were well appointed, large and some rooms had a great view of the city. There are lots of cafes and bars in the surrounding street, and if you are looking for local fare it's just 2 streets behind the hotel.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Check if you are on a smoking floor if you don’t like smoking!! Nice hotel other than that
    • Executive Superior King Room with City View

I was booked on the executive floor. My room stank of smoke. I arrived late at night and was too tired to ask to be moved. As I checked out I mentioned it and was told smoking is allowed on all of the. whole executive floor. I had requested a non smoking room during my booking and it was not mentioned I would be on a smoking floor when I checked in.

Nice enough rooms.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Lovely city and lovely hotel. We got upgraded but we only used the vip facilities once.
    • Deluxe King Room with Lake View

Breakfast staff were not very welcoming. We only had breakfast once and was not aware of the price. My husband ate a small cooked breakfast and I had a small plain bread roll as I was not feeling well, we each had a coffee and the price was extortionate!

The bed was comfortable and the room was of a good size.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

The room was beautiful, very comfortable with a very nice...
    • 2017 Year End Offer - Deluxe King Room with City View

The check in. We arrive at 12 at night and we were 6 people waiting with only one staff working at that hour. People was really tired and despite the staff was working really fast, we were waiting for long.

The room was beautiful, very comfortable with a very nice bathroom and bed. The breakfast was OK (could be better) and the installations are perfect.

Efficient staff in all levels. Excellent value for money choice
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Not spoiling me enough with more offers

The incredibly efficient Front Desk Manager mr. Ben solving all issues in the most professional way and the warmest welcome smile of ms. Keisha. All staff friendly even those not speaking English made me feel like I am a frequent guest of the place.

We love staying at Marco Polo.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

We love staying at Marco Polo. First, the location is really center oriented with easy reach to city attractions but at the same time not overloaded with tourists. The staff is really nice. We even got an upgrade one time. The room is very clean. The service is nice. It is great to relax next to the pool or have a coffee in the lobby.

Will stay there again.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

I would prefer the rooms to have more lights to brighten on demand.

Property: Clean and quiet. General area is adequately lighted. Décor and color tones are pleasing. Staff: Friendly and always ready to help. Neat and well groomed. Courteous and knowledgeable.

This hotel has a great location, easy to get to any place in...
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The only one bad thing – I heard when my neighbor took a shower.

This hotel has a great location, easy to get to any place in Xiamen. Hotel has good swimming pool, nice staff always ready to help and give a good advise. I had a clean and nice looking room.

nice hotel in Xiamen downtown

Check in very fluent, lady in reception super professional; hotel in a downtown, outside swimmingpool with stunning river view, excellent service and lobby cafe

Good food n excellent services

WiFi poor

Good breakfast n lounge service Excellent customer service, especially the staff whose name 劉奇(MAX) in Conceige. He is enthusiastic n extremely helpful to the customer, helped us a lot for travelling booking n arrangements

Reviews are overstating the reality of this hotel. Was ok but definitely not 5 star
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Went to the pool area but was rudely told I could not use the pool unless I had a swimming cap. Asked if I could borrow a swim cap but no was told curtly I would have to buy one. Never heard of this rule before and have traveled extensively in the region. Made worse by the fact that when looking over the pool area the day before I saw many people swimming without wearing caps!

Aircon

I will be back next year
    • Executive Superior King Room with City View

Minibar contents too limited and very basic. As a Continental patron I would expect more. As with most hotels in Asia, the choice of English language TV channels is very limited

It is my fourth or fifth stay at The Marco Polo Xiamen. I really enjoy the hotel. Its facilities and staff are great. The location is fantastic, allowing for some exercise in the beautiful park around the lake which is located directly outside the hotel. A really great hotel

Le personnel était vraiment très avenants et très serviables!
    • Deluxe Twin Room with City View

People should be able to enjoy the pool even after their checking out of the room if it's on the same day and within the few hours previous to their departure

Very Good hotel with helpful staff
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Room view is not good (see the photos). I have to pay 35 Yen for swimming cap to use the pool!!!

All staff at hotel, especially reception staff. Especial thank to young lady Judy Wu. She helped and advised me too much during my stay. She is very patient and polite too.

Poor and I won't return.
    • Deluxe Twin Room with City View Kids Package

1) airport transfer only available until 4pm-ridiculous 2) confusion for deposit plus extra deposit plus payment to Booking.com 3) hard beds 4) cheap Nescafé coffee in room 5) insufficient drinking water 6) said unlimited mini-bar:nothing in mini-bar!

Breakfast had good coffee.

Amazing breakfast
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

I requested to pick me up at the airport and received a reply that their shuttle service operates till 16:45. Instead I was offered to take a limousine service for 240 yuan. My flight was delayed by half an hour and when I went out to the arrival no one was waiting for me! I had to call to the hotel reception and ask about the taxi service. The person, who picked up the phone put me on hold and then I noticed the guy from the hotel, who appeared with my name on the board. In my opinion, if you send a limousine service for the guest, who pays 5-6 times more than for a normal taxi, you should wait for the guest in the arrival hall and not somewhere else! When I had to leave at 9 a.m., I also could not take the airport shuttle because they had it only at 8 or 10 o'clock. The staff organized a taxi for me. The price should not be more than 50 yuan, which is 5 times less expensive compared to their limousine service. One time I asked, where I can buy postcards and the personnel could not give an answer. The hot water was not particularly hot in the bath room. I think that the breakfast is overcharged. At the end I paid much more than I expected, so pay attention because some taxes are not included.

Comfy bed, different pillows, free minibar (tsingtao beer, tonic water, coke, sprite, tea, instant coffee), excellent breakfast (around 25$), singing performance in the evening, good location, pleasant attitude towards guests. City view is cool, even on 5th floor. Bar street is in 100 meters from the hotel. I have got free last breakfast as a present, since the personnel could not help me once, when I wanted to buy postcards. The location is very good, close to the Yundang lake and green Bailuzhou park, where it is always pleasant to walk. I recommend a restaurant called Bellagio, which is in 200 meters from the hotel - tasty and not expensive food.

Very nice but had no record of my booking
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

They didn't have my booking when I arrived. This is really unacceptable. Also my sink does drain so it's always full of water.

Good food, comfortable hotel, peaceful location with lots of restaurants and bars

Fabulous.
    • Deluxe Twin Room with City View Kids Package

Less options in breakfast for vegetarians.

Overall the feel was amazing. And very comfortable stay. Great experience. Would choose the same hotel in my next trip for sure.

Good location surrounded by greenery and lakes with wonderful staff, a comfortable stay!
    • Deluxe King Room with City View free upgrade to Deluxe King Room with Lake View

I was upgraded to a room on the club floor which was very nice as there was a dining room which served 3 meals a day so basically you don't have to go out to eat. The staff on that floor, at the front desk, concierge and sports facility were all very nice. Especially want to praise Alice on the front desk who helped me checked-in and was very sincere and helpful, and Mr Wong at concierge who was kind enough to lend me his own card for renting a bike to ride around the city.

Great place.

Nothing at all

Nice stays (2) in that hotel. Rooms are convenient and clean. The swimming pool is great (with a nice view). We were always well treated and smartly received when arriving tired after long trips. The breakfast is super.

Outdoor pool - Staff on 8th floor were excellent
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Guest behavior in pool - Staff at cake shop - Do not like Xiamen system of making guest go through turn styles to get to elevator

Outdoor pool - Staff on 8th floor were excellent

Excellent place. Pity about the ending left a bad taste.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

They wouldn't let us use hotel pool and shower facilities after checking out. We had a late flight so needed to shower. But they wouldn't allow. Strange for a 5 star hotel.

Room servicing was excellent.

Very pleasant stay!
    • Deluxe Twin Room with City View

Getting a taxi seems to be quite difficult as empty taxis dont come into the hotel and there is no hotel staff to get the taxi in.

the location of the hotel is very nice. it is right next to the lake and there is a very nice walkway around the lake.

Staff was nice and place was well taken care of.
    • Deluxe Twin Room with City View

The pool had a slight weird policy - first day it was ok for us to go and sit by the pool area without the swim cap (could not get into the water with it - but that was fine as we didn't wanted to swim) ... then the second day we were forbid to even get through the pool door and were forced to buy a swim cap. Thing is we just wanted to sit by the pool. And had to explain that to the manager and they didn't let us in. The day before it was ok - and actually everyone resting in the chairs had no swim cap (people in the water yes) this makes sense. Second day wasn't. That I don't understand and felt rude.

Staff was nice and place was well taken care of.

Great hotel with good location
    • Deluxe Twin Room with City View

The only negative we had was checking in and out took a little longer than we would expect especially from a hotel of this calibre.

Our first time staying at the Marco Polo , great hotel as to be expected in a good location.

A Bit of Luxury
    • Flash sale Deluxe King Room with city view

It was all good

We stayed on the exec floor and it was great. The area was residential ish but still had lots of food places nearby We walked into the city

well run and clean hotel with many close restaurants
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Breakfast tables in Club area did not smell so good, smelled of egg !!

The room smelled nice, the hotel entrance was great and also smelled nice , refreshing when you are coming in from hot and humid outside The pool also looked good, but did not have chance to use it

Ótima
    • Deluxe King Room with Lake View

Excelent hotel ,clean , good location , very nice staff , especially Keisha that works in reception , helped me when I arrived at hotel and airline lost my luggages very kindly . If necessary I ll come back

Club lounge food is good and breakfast has a lot of choice,...
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The rooms are a bit small, even on Club Floor, and no guest allowed without proper identification at the reception.

Club lounge food is good and breakfast has a lot of choice, gym is spacious.

Pay more money to have a better stay in Xiamen
    • Deluxe Twin Room with City View

Expected more from the outdoor swimming pool (it appeared to be small and forbidden to swim under the rain). Sauna and swimming pool work until 22.00 sharply. Breakfast had not so many choices and seemed some of the dishes were overcooked from yesterday. Shower is not separate but in the bathtub. Security was overprotective. Deposit and high tax.

The room was clean and cozy. Breakfast was good. Location is perfect. Free shuttle bus to the airport. Starbucks inside the hotel. Nice bakery.

Perfect place to be in Xiamen
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

the areas where the hotel is hotel is just perfect, near to nice coffee shops, restaurants and the night life street. Simply perfect. The view of the lake is also very pretty.

Since it is important to have a good workout facility, I'm not sure I would stay here again
    • Deluxe King Room with Lake View

Pillows were too large and hard, did not offer a softer pillow. Gym room was good, but equipment is old and not what I have come to expect from a 5 star hotel.

Location is excellent for dining

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Stay here for its perfect loacation!
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The bathrooms are old and a bit cramped. The wi fi connect is not up to the mark

The staff is very friendly and the in house bakery is excellent. The location is so apt.

I like to stay at the club floor so I can enjoy the cocktail...
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

the extra security during my stay this time, a little inconvinience

I like to stay at the club floor so I can enjoy the cocktail hour and having breakfast there

Look no further, book this hotel!
    • Executive Premium King Room

Nothing really, but some more shuttle times would be great.

We are in love with Xiamen and this hotel. The friendly staff makes you feel so at home. We were a little anxious traveling with a 8 month baby but I would recommend this city and hotel to everyone. The excecutive lounge exceeded our expectations as everything was well taken care off. If you love luxury, wonderful staff, large size room with a great view and you want to experience Xiamen on a business trip, family or city trip.. look no further. Book Marco Polo Hotel Xiamen!

Enjoyable stay but even better location
    • Executive Superior Twin Room with City View

I was a little bit disappointed from the outdoor swimming pool - not from the pool and the view but how little effort they put in the pool area in whole. Some nice plants (palm trees are quite common in Xiamen f.ex.), nice deck-chairs or anything would have made it more inviting. For me it seems that nobody really cares which is a pity.

We have got an upgrade when our ordered twin-room was not available although we definitely wanted twin-beds and the executive lounge access. Besides a more relaxing atmosphere the food and drinks offered by the lounge were quite nice. Our rooms were spacious and comfy. But what we liked best was the location because you have very nice bars and restaurants in walking distance. Also the ferry terminal for Gulangyu Island could be reached by foot. For a short walk or some jogging you can stroll around the lake. Luggage storage was no problem and if you leave before 16.00 hotel offers free airportshuttle

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Luxurious hotel
    • Deluxe Twin Room with City View

Very comfortable hotel with excellent service. Most enjoyable lounge. Breakfast with overwhelming choice. Good pool and sauna. Shuttle to airport. Location in quiet residential area, a few km from center of Xiamen. Great value.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Great place and location
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

I booked Marco Polo for the first time and it was very good choice. Clean, nice, spacious room with comfortable big bed and all facilities for persons who comes for bussines matters (office articles inside desk's drawer, ironing board, good WI-FI access etc.). Great gym and swimming pool. Wide choice of western and asian food for the brakfast. Moreover beautiful location for those who loves coffee ( Marco Polo is near to coffee street in Xiamen) and those who loves morning running ( great running path around lake).

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

OK venue but they need to upgrade their rooms.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The hotel rooms are very dated compared to other properties in China. They didn't offer what you would expect from a modern, expensive hotel (just simple things like USB connectors in the wallplugs or modern bathroom fittings). Comfortable enough though.

Location was good for a good, long walk (which I like to do) from the hotel down the main street into the centre of Xiamen for some shopping. Overlooking a waterway, with plenty of restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Good place to stay
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The toilets were very old. The bathtub was a bit too small. There was no separate head shower, the handshower doubled up for both .. messing the whole place. The room cleaning was just about ok.

The staff was very cooperative and helpful. The hotel is situated near to shopping destinations as well as bars and food joints.

Good to communicate

nothing!

Have shuttle bus between Airport and Hotel. good English speakers are working here. so convenient to work around the Hubin bay. variety of bars are rounded the hotel. Just around the corner

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

A nice hotel with a great location
    • Deluxe Twin Room with City View

Double check the keys for the room, sometimes they might be not activated, so the elevator cannot check them, without the key you cannot go up.

The location of the hotel is superb. It is located in a quiet part of the city, in front of the lake, where you can have rest from the hustle of the city. There are lots of coffee shops nearby and they will have Starbucks in their buildng very soon. The check in was pretty fast, the staff was very polite, friendly and helpful, their English was excellent. The room had a free mini bar which included Sprite, Coke, Tonic water and Tsingtao beer. Everything was in the room ,you don't have to worry about anything. Safe, iron, hairdryer, etc. The breakfast is on the second floor. It was a nice buffet. International as well as Asian food. All the drinks are in the seperate bottles. The coffee was very strong and nice. It was quite crowded, but there's always enough space for everybody, there was no queue. The swimming pool has a nice view on the lake. The hotel has everything you need. There's almost noting to complain about.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Breakfast was good.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Marco Polo building is fairly old. There is no isolation between rooms . Till constructions is to be renewed I am not staying.

Breakfast was good. English spoken person is excellent.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

I will definitely be back at Marco Polo Xiamen during my trip next year
    • Executive Superior King Room with City View

TV channel selection poor and mini bar (although now free) has a very poor selection, with no wine or spirits. I would rather have a good selection like they used to have, than receive a few soft drinks and a couple of beers free

breakfast was excellent, no faults - The Continental club staff were fantastic

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Great hotel and fabulous service and good location
    • Executive Superior King Room with City View

Swimming pool could have been temperature controlled

It was so nice of the hotel to upgrade us to a suite, which was a pleasant surprise, nice big room with added access to the 8th floor club, with wonderful food and drinks. Service was top class. Will sure visit again

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Lakeside hotel near lots of good walking areas
    • Executive Premium King Room

In room coffee is instant, which is common in China. However, getting coffee from the in house Starbucks takes a while. Staff seems overwhelmed. Better to walk across the street to a lake side cafe.

Bathroom was luxurious. View was lovely. Huge hotel lobby, completely open eight floors up.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

A good option for a few days in Xiamen
    • Executive Superior King Room with City View

Not everything in room worked well, rooms felt they need to be refreshed

Excellent location walking distance to many bars and restaurants, nice from from room, concierge helpful

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Great location, fantastic sleep and warm, friendly staff.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The freshly baked pain au chocolat and croissants were amazing! We had at least 2, every breakfast on the 8th floor. It's surrounded by a bar/cafe street, but explore a little more, you'd find some hidden gems. Check out SIP Wine bar just a short walk away - great wine, food and desserts.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Comfy hotel

No shuttle bus service

The bed is comfy. Nice buffet breakfast with choice of Xiamen cuisine. This year marks the 20th anniversary of the hotel and each client is given with a nice key ring souvenir. Will definitely come next time.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

the stuff was really friendly, the rooms are comfortable the...
    • 21 Anniversary Celebrations - Deluxe King Room with City View

the shuttle bus from airport and to the airport is rare

the stuff was really friendly, the rooms are comfortable the location is just next to tourist attractions and good breakfast!

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Best Service in China
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Room was outdated and bathroom was old fashioned

Location was perfect on "Coffee Street" which is a little bit of a European style neighborhood. Lobby was active and luxurious. Hotel staff were very well trained and helpful which is tough to find in China.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Home from home
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

As part of the package - we were given a free cocktail at the 8th floor bar - we weren't able to get this as we weren't told the bar closes at 8pm and therefore missed it. :(

The room was extremely spacious - felt more like a home than a hotel room.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Marco Polo conveniently located and a nice change from the usual chain hotels
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Breakfast is OK, the range is there to cover most breakfast preferences but its not quite at the large hotel chain levels of diversity. There are also a few presentation issues that could be improved which would require more attention from the staff during their rounds through the presentation area. Other than these small quips it is fine. The staff are a little stand off on arrival and then through the service which could be easily fixed as they are approachable and friendly once the guest engages with them. This may be necessary if you want to order a second coffee or pot of tea.

Most breakfast needs are covered. Clean and on the few days I visited enough variation in the buffet to keep things interesting.

As Booking.
    • Deluxe Twin Room with City View Kids Package

As Booking.com had already charged my Credit Card Hotel Staff were not able to trace the payment and they forced us to pay again which was really not accepted from the Star Hotel like Marco Polo. They were not aware about the transaction even after proving them that I had already paid and showing them my Credit Card Message which I had received. Really bad will never suggest any friends to book marco polo. Also will make sure they get a Bad review on all the sites by me.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Terrible old dirty hotel, and they double rent the property to others while you stay there. Beware
    • Executive Premium King Room

Hotel rented entire pool to someone else for a party for several days. I stayed at that hotel for the pool.... It was the only reason I stayed there and they took it from me. Evidently they commonly rent parts of the property out for events... I would not be surprised to see the whole lounge unavailable to the guests for some days. Staff was very apologetic but full of shallow words, no actions.

Not much. Hotel rented entire pool to someone else for a party for several days. Evidently they commonly rent parts of the property out for events... I would not be surprised to see the whole lounge unavailable to the guests for some days. Staff was very apologetic but full of shallow words, no actions.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

comfortable beds, free upgrade to lakeview, delicious...
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

-bathroom tiles on wall were a little moldy -doors in bathroom felt a little industrial

comfortable beds, free upgrade to lakeview, delicious breakfast, nice sized room, complimentary in-room minibar

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

A good place to stay in Xiamen
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Lake View Kids Package

Don't pay more money to get the room with the view on the lake, it doesn't worth it

Outdoor swimming pool Hotel located near good restaurants

Browse Marco Polo Xiamen traveller photo gallery