Dominican Republic Hotel Reviews by Real Guests

Recent Reviews for Hotels in the Dominican Republic

• B&B Pavillion

Sosúa, Dominican Republic

• Positive section of review

The owner an excellent women

Radu Romania
  • Island Life Backpackers Hostel

Average Review Score: 8.8
    • Positive section of review

Great place, very affordable and chill. It is in a great location, has a nice bar and great personnel :)

Urszula Poland
  • Boutique Hotel Palacio

Average Review Score: 8.1

Staff were friendly

• Negative section of review

The room and hotel was damp and smelt of mildue. The bar was understocked, only 1 beer and 1 coke. Our front door opened directly onto the restaurant seating area.

Peter United Kingdom
  • Hotel Gran Jimenoa

Jarabacoa, Dominican Republic

Average Review Score: 8
    • Positive section of review

The location beside river, comfortable bed, I slept great.

• Negative section of review

No wifi in the rooms. Breakfast was great on Sunday - buffet, but nothing special on Monday - a la carte

Petr Canada
  • Tropical Casa Laguna

• Positive section of review

the room was good and clean, most staff friendly

• Negative section of review

on the check out I was held up because of an error in the hand towel inventory and they wanted me to pay for it, note you need to check what is in the room when you check in if they make a mistake you will not be able to leave with out paying security will stop you. I felt very offended but they reasoned I did not need to steal a hand towel.

Dwayne United States of America

Joash Anguilla
  • Dreams Dominicus La Romana

Average Review Score: 8.5
    • Positive section of review

The best thing about Dreams Dominicus was the staff. They were just extremely friendly and we felt very welcomed and enjoyed talking to them. Also, there was a variety in drinks and they tasted amazing. Our fridge was filled with beer everyday and they had a special fruit bouquet and champagne delivered to our room as a welcome gesture which was very thoughtful. We also had a great time at the spa, I would definitely recommend it!

• Negative section of review

It wasn't a huge deal, but shower in our room could have been better. The structure of the shower head made the water spill out of the shower room and the floor got a little wet.

Reviewed: September 20, 2018 Stayed in August 2018

Adrian United States of America
  • Bayahibe Guest House Hotel

Average Review Score: 9.1
    • Positive section of review

Personel was very helpful and nice, especially recepcionists.

• Negative section of review

On the booking page was written that we have a shampoo and soap. In the apartment there was only hand soap (90% was water). The owner said that it is a soap for everything but its was not true.

Jan Poland
  • Majestic Colonial Punta Cana - All Inclusive

Average Review Score: 8.9
    • Positive section of review

The property and staff were amazing. The restaurants could've been better.. but the buffets were great.

• Negative section of review

Service in the restaurants were slow . Food was mainly just ok. Depends on where you go.

Reviewed: September 20, 2018 Stayed in August 2018
    Anonymous United States of America

Highly Rated Hotels in the Dominican Republic by English-speaking Reviewers

• Riviera Punta Cana Eco Travelers

• Positive section of review

Excellent staff, Marcos and Magda are both super nice people and you can tell they like what they're doing. Also nice to have some international people around who know the world and who you can have a good conversation with. Close to the beach. Nice breakfast.

• Negative section of review

No wifi in the room but I think they're working on it.

Reviewed: August 28, 2017 Stayed in August 2017
    Antonio Switzerland
  • El Encuentro Surf Lodge

• Positive section of review

I can't recommend this lovely place high enough! I was there with my girlfriend and we loved the place. Such nice people working there. Babette the Manager helped us with everything. The cook just came for us to cook us any dinner we would like !!! Try out the steak! Amazing food! Everything was really clean !!! And we had so much space there. The surf school and surf spot are 2 min walking from the lodge. The pool was really nice aswell! I did some pics with my drone of this place. YOU WANT TO HAVE THE BEST LOCATION IN DOMINICAN REPUBLIC ? ITS IN CABARETE! EL ENCUENTRO SURF LODGE ! Believe me we have seen everything on our trip and we have been just disappointed of every hotel after this amazing place!

Reviewed: October 17, 2016 Stayed in October 2016
    Philip Germany
  • Casa Colonial Beach & Spa

San Felipe de Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic

Average Review Score: 9.4
    • Positive section of review

Excellent hotel ! food was great, rooms are wonderful ! Highly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed: October 15, 2016 Stayed in October 2016
    Robert United States of America
  • Apartamento El Cibao

Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic

Average Review Score: 9.4
    • Positive section of review

Best Host I've ever have. Always looking to help. She has a beautiful family and makes you feel like you're home.

Reviewed: November 29, 2016 Stayed in November 2016
    Luis United States of America
  • JW Marriott Hotel Santo Domingo

Average Review Score: 9

It's Clean, comfort. Staff is polite, nice,and helpful

• Negative section of review

Due to poor conversation between us&front desk, we payed 60$ per day for the breakfast but never be able to eat any breakfast!

Reviewed: December 29, 2016 Stayed in December 2016
    Hao Canada

Highly Rated Hotels in the Dominican Republic by All Reviewers

• Mi Tia Yesy

Jarabacoa, Dominican Republic

• Positive section of review

The property is clean, comfortable, and quiet Yesi is the sweetest person I have ever met. She kind, friendly, hardworking and honest. She does whatever is possible accommodate and please her guests. My girlfriend and I had a very pleasant staying at Yesi's. Gracias Yesi!!

Reviewed: March 21, 2017 Stayed in March 2017
    Juan Dominican Republic
  • Riviera Punta Cana Eco Travelers

• Negative section of review

No wifi in the room but I think they're working on it.

Reviewed: August 28, 2017 Stayed in August 2017
    Antonio Switzerland
  • Hotel Casa Hemingway

Juan Dolio, Dominican Republic

Average Review Score: 9.2
    • Positive section of review

The pictures don't do enough justice for this hotel! It's a beautiful property combining beautiful beaches and lush landscape. It was a very relaxing environment! The staff was very accommodating. As we asked for late check out, the front desk checked availability and said since no one is occupying your room tonight, u can take your time in the check out! Really appreciated that move! Well done and keep it up and surely to visit again!

• Negative section of review

Really not much! Id i was to be picky, upon checking out, we had to wait an extra 5 min for the bills from lunch to hit the front desk in order to settle our account! To make it a bit faster would have been excellent!

Reviewed: June 26, 2017 Stayed in June 2017
    Ramez United Arab Emirates
  • Catalonia Royal La Romana Adults Only - All Inclusive

• Positive section of review

Everything was new and inmaculate clean. The room really comfortable. The staff very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed: August 7, 2017 Stayed in July 2017
    franklin United States of America
  • El Encuentro Surf Lodge

Reviewed: October 17, 2016 Stayed in October 2016
    Philip Germany
  • La Maison

Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic

• Positive section of review

Charming house designed and furnished with taste. The friendliest house lord and staff ever. Thanks Philippe!

Reviewed: January 6, 2017 Stayed in January 2017