Reviews of The Keirby Park Hotel 2 stars

5.5

5.1

4.7

5.1

More like a homeless shelter than a hotel. Staff friendly but would not recommend this hotel.
    • Basic Double Room

This hotel needs a lot of updating throughout and appears to be more for student accommodation but would be more suitable for the homeless. On summary the Lift did not work and therefore had to walk up a number of floors to the room located at the top of the building, Caught out as there was no Toilet paper and when given one roll to take back up found the toilet would not flush, Half the blinds were missing and the bed was broken. the window latch was broken and the Television would at times loose the picture. No luxury of a kettle never mind tea or coffee however the towels appeared clean and two small bars of soap was provided, The shower was badly leaking and this took ages for the loop warm water to come through, The sink was also badly cracked, I Was offered other rooms but these appeared to be the same and as bad as what I already had. On showing me the other rooms the member of staff also needed to stop half way up the stairs due to the climb up the stairs, However the staff were very friendly and as helpful as they could possibly be. I would definitely not recommend this hotel especially as the more well known hotels are just as cheap.

Staff were Friendly

Awful! Never again!!

Everything was horrendous upon arrival we were given our room, we went onto the 6th floor. When going into the room, it was freezing no heating, go into the bathroom and there was pubic hairs all over the sink. I went downstairs and demanded to be moved as it was unclean. The man on the desk moved me into a double room, which is cheaper than a twin room. So I paid £60 and ended up in a £50 room, management weren’t available til the next morning. We went out and come back in, a gentleman stopped us and argued with us for parking on the hotel car park, when the man on the desk said it was free. When we were leaving and checking out management told me I couldn’t get any money back as they don’t hold cash and I am to talk to booking.com, and then said it wasn’t her fault the lad who checked us in, put us in the wrong room! Absolutely disgraceful!! Avoid!

Awful,worst place I have stayed

10 flights of stairs lift not working,no drinks of any kind available,room dirty,broken handle on window was unable to close,bathroom dirty,bed very uncomfortable,avoid this place not worth £10 a night and had to pay extra to park car

Disgusting!
    • Basic Double Room

Everything about this place is awful. Didn't even have tea/coffee facility in the room.

This has to be the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Dirty dirty dirty +++. Female travellers especially - do not book - you will lock yourself in the dirty hotel room and stay there all night until you escape the next day. It's like an endurance test! My tv did not work - had to move to another dirty room. I did have hot water though - shame they didn't use it to clean the place before I arrived! No evidence of it being refurbished despite what they say. Be warned!

Never again
    • Standard Single Room

The room was so dirty and in such poor condition that my husband felt he couldn't stay here and went somewhere else. He said he would have slept in his works van rather than this room, and unlike this room his works van actually had a towel in it! Joking aside, find some of the poor reviews about this hotel and trust that they're accurate.

Nothing. Really, just nothing good to say.

apart from convenient location and warm room not anything to recommend.

The place looked like there had been a war recently. The public spaces were lit by emergency lighting only. The lift did not work. There was NO room key (staff gave access with Master key). The room had not been adequately cleaned, there was no waste bin. The bathroom was dirty, sink cracked and mirror greasy.

Location was good. The hotel was warm.

Just slept there only.

See above !!

Nothing. When I arrived they could not find payment already made from my Credit Card. £40 taken just after I booked room. They wanted me to ring Booking.com, I refused there and then. They said no rooms available at first unless I paid £40 again. Refused and said I would come back after going to the match. When I did return, only night staff on, who gave me a key for a room !! Room was OK for a night's sleep, but a bit run down to say the least. Left by 7am. Seems as if hotel as recently changed hands, for the worst !!

Don't Use This Place Unless You're Really Pressed
    • Standard Single Room

Someone had been smoking in the room, leaving ash on the window sill. The bedlinen appeared not to have been changed since the previous occupant. The toilet had been used but not flushed. The carpet was dirt and badly stained. I was given a master room key as the key to my room had been lost.

It's central.

you get what you pay for (except for the cocaine)

remnants of cocaine in room on desk, not being able to get in the hotel at night and having to wait in cold and rain for porter

location of the hotel. cost. family room large

Exceptionally poor!

Everything!

I could not find anything to like! Very poor! Staff were unhelpful and the room was not very clean. Also kept awake during the night by loud shouting and music in the next rooms.

Not recommended.
    • Standard Single Room

Broken furniture, damaged shower head, rubbish on the floor, sheets did not look clean. No tea making facilities in the room - a kettle and supplies available in reception.

It was cheap, deservedly so. There was parking, but on the street and payable during the day.

• Basic Double Room

Everything. Room dirty, shabby bed linen, food left in drawer, broken old furniture, torn shower curtain and more alarming plastic bag over smoke alarm and no lighting. The place needs closing down. Staff looking after children while working. Other staff sat outside on steps smoking. We couldn’t stay there and had to book elsewhere.

Not nice.
    • Standard Single Room

Poor overall state in general. Wallpaper hanging off the walls. Untidy paintwork and night staff with abusive manner of conversation. Will not stay their again.

We were satisfied with the place but not with the booking.

We were satisfied with the place but not with the booking. When we arrived to the facility, no one had a clue about our arrival, our rooms were not booked!!! Luckily there were available rooms in the hotel. Definitely, something went wrong between Booking.com and the hotel.

Dingy like train spotting.
    • Basic Double Room

No wifi and drugs in the room.

Most run down hotel I have ever stayed in......there was a drinks can in the bathroom that had been used to smoke drugs with and there was no wifi.....because wait for it......I was on the 4th floor......so I couldn't be accommodated.

If you like camping - this hotel is perfect.
    • Basic Double Room

I did't like not having any hot water, not having sound on the TV, not having a key to the room when you needed it. I didn't like the broken toilet seat.

it had a bed. two chairs, a table, clean linen and towels

Rubbish
    • Basic Double Room

Was a great hotel [years ago]. Now rubbish. let's hope Mr Virani will spend heavily and turn it all round.

Very little; 1-2 front office staff tried hard

Should be Demolished. Grim.
    • Standard Single Room

Very untidy dirty in need of a major refurbishment or Rebuild the car park sign says it belongs to the hotel but isn't so you get charged for parking in it by some random guys saying it belongs to them they just use the hotel name so then you get charged for using it or threatened with a parking ticket or clamped. Electrical appliances 2 years out of PAT test very cold and damp room. Bathroom sink was cracked and leaking and still had toothpaste from previous guest stuck to it plaster cracking off the ceiling above the shower the bin in the room had rubbish left in it from previous guest smoke alarm was broken only Wi-Fi is in the reception area and only Tea and Coffee you can get is in the lobby not in your room. Never stay there again. I'd rather sleep in the car.

The Staff were friendly and polite and tried to help as much as they could.

Avoid !!!!!
    • Basic Double Room

The staff were so rude , the hotel from walking in stunk like fags and is in desperate need of an upgrade. We were checked into our room after two members of staff not having a clue how to do so. We were then handed the key and told our room may be a bit dirty and smell of fags but nevermind ! We then entered our room to find a bed that had 100% been slept in and not changed, fags and ash on the window sill and carpet and dirty towels with brown/ red stains on. We then sat down in our room deciding what we were going to do when we heard our door unlocking, I went over to the door to find someone else with the same key as us, he told us he was checked into this room until the morning, before this happened we had nipped out to the shop and left our bags in the room, I can't imagine what would have happened if this man came back whilst we were out with our belongings in the room. The man left us and said he would go and speak to the staff, he never returned however we were left feeling uneasy about other members of the public having a key to our room. Avoid this hotel at all costs , it is awful and I wouldn't stay here even if it was free!

Bloody awful
    • Basic Double Room

Everything the place was disgusting it wasn't like a hotel more like a place for foreigners to rent cheap accommodation on a weekly basis

There was nothing to like

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Cheap - you get what you pay for.
    • Basic Double Room

Decor of hotel, security (expected to leave room key at reception when the box is open for anyone to get at), not at all modern, like something out of the 1950's. Window barely closed meaning traffic very noisy, no double glazing, radiator far too hot, no real control over room temp. Not even a kettle in room. Cheap!

Comfy bed

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Basic but good value
    • Standard Single Room

I can't really complain . I paid just £25 per night but I would only recommend this to male business travellers . There wasn't even soap . Avoid the sixth floor because the lift is noisy . Wifi only works in the reception . It was clean and the staff did their very best

Staff were great . Did everything they could to help

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Only if you are desperate for town centre accomodation.
    • Basic Double Room

Grubby bath and fittings, sink cracked in a couple of places, mattress very uncomfortable. Room furniture cheap and dated.

Location and cheapness, unable to find another hotel in the centre of Burnley.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Cheap and clean - best for construction workers not your mother
    • Standard Single Room

This hotel is not called the Keirby Park Hotel it is The Crown Hotel. It is a very basic hotel more suited to construction workers not solo female travellers. Lots of comings and goings particularly at 5:30 am. Tea and coffee and wifi only available in lobby.

Cheap and clean with friendly staff

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Ok only for people who aren't too fussy and just want a bed for a night.

I don't think it is suitable for the elderly or a family with children who might want to relax in the evening. No tea and coffee in the room, but available downstairs or locally. In need of updating, but has recently been taken over by Crown Hotels to be fair. Traffic very noisy.

Ok only for a clean comfy bed to sleep in after a night out in the centre of town. Nice staff who were there 24/7.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Worst hotel I've ever been - stay for undemanding

- shabby hotel in a pure stalinist style - so was the room - hotel couldn't find the booking confirmation, when we arrived - wifi only in lobby - lumpy mattresses, where 3 steel springs came out into your back (when I complaint about that the hotel management proposed just to turn the mattress around - dirty bathroom

nothing at all

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Nothing it was horrible nothing like the pictures
    • Basic Double Room

It was dirty dingy uncomfortable room was a hovel nothing like pictures had booked 2 nights but could only stay 1 it was so bad!!

Nothing it was horrible nothing like the pictures

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

the hotle was not a hotle its a dose house bad furniture my...

the hotle was not a hotle its a dose house bad furniture my partner only stayed two nights and went somewhere differant the sink was cracke no where to make a drink only in the reception area demand my full money back as iwill be takeing you to the trading standerds in burmley

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Approach with caution

The hole place was horrid give it a wide berth

Absolutely disqusting the beds hadn't been changed or the room cleaned if I hadn't been so far away from home I would have left !!!

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Please avoid this hotel

Asked for family room, confirmed it, hen I reach the hotel split into two rooms. Staff was not helpful at all. Toilets are not clean

Nothing attracitve

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Below the standard Booking.com should advertize.
    • Basic Double Room

When we booked we don't believe the qualifiers about parking being pay-extra and WiFi being limited to communal areas was showing in the Booking.com advert, as those facilities were important to us, but we would have put up with that had the room been okay, after all it was cheap accommodation. Instead we walked in the room and walked out again without even attempting to bring our luggage up. Fortunately we found somewhere else to stay, but at a short-notice price made worse by the football match at Turfmoor that weekend. We asked for at least a partial refund as we weren't even going to stay one night, but the lady at reception could only pass on the request. After over a week the company has not replied to her message or the message we sent via Booking.Com. It has, however, charged our credit card for both the booked nights, and hasn't even had the courtesy to contact us to explain its position. Based on service alone, we would recommend people look elsewhere. The hotel is cavernous with ancient furnishings and decor to the extent that it would be impossible to make it feel really clean. Our room may have been as clean as it could be, but the furniture wouldn't have been given houseroom in an op shop. The cabinetry was dark 70s wood-grain vinyl veneer with part of the veneer torn away. The bed wasn't even a proper bed. There was a split base on the floor with a mattress that sounded and felt like it was made of straw. The two sections of base weren't lined up properly. They were pushed up hard to the window wall and there was then just enough room to walk past to the en-suite; in other words, the room was small and cramped. The lock on the door didn't seem very secure, and we would not have felt happy leaving valuables unattended in the room. We've stayed in backpackers where the standard of furnishing and the level of security has been better than this so-called hotel.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Hotels require parking
    • Standard Single Room

The aggressive little turd who threatened me on my last day there about parking charges. PARKING IS EXTRA if you want to park for free you'll have a at least a half mile walk.

The endless hot water

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Cheap hotel vell situated but not that grat in it self!
    • Standard Single Room

Receptionist very good but other vise the hotel have seen better days

Location in top : hotel very central and at the end of the pedestrian area and 2 min. from Burnley coachstation

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

I won't be staying there again I would rather pay a bit more and have tea and coffee in my room.
    • Standard Single Room

Thought I was getting a good deal. Took ages for the hot water to come through. The parking isn't good it doesn't belong to the hotel.

not a lot

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Sensibly priced basic accomodation.
    • Standard Single Room

Window would not fully close. TV remote needed new batteries!

Very fair price for the facilities on offer. 24hour reception was perfect for my late night activities!!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Value for money
    • Basic Double Room

Nothing really. For the price good value

The facilities are clean and tidy and there are clean towels etc. Flat screen TV. No tea or coffee in room but you can get one in foyer at extra cost

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Good value if you're staying for one night.

Not much of a bar and the rooms were be very small.

Good value if you're staying for one night. Went for the football and it was close to the ground and station.staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Absolute dump!
    • Basic Double Room

Everything about this dump. We actually had to abandon our non-refundable paid reservation after a single disgusting night. Why onearth this place shows up during search for hotels in Blackpool is beyond fathomable!

Absolutely Nothing, except the fact that it taught me a good life lesson: pay terrible price, get terrible experience.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

Burnley's number 1 hotel!
    • Basic Double Room

Had another fab stay at Burnley's number 1 hotel. Great staff and great welcome as always! Keep up the good work, see you again soon. Lisa & Jason. :-)

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

Excellent value for money! Unbelieveable

bathroom very dated but clean so no complaints we understood that on going refurbishment is being currently undertaken.

Clean and comfortable huge triple room, (room only basis, tea & coffee available in reception) hotel centrally situated in town, spoilt for choice with cafes and Wetherspoon's just a few yards from hotel for breakfast. Close proximity to Colne for Rythmn & Blues Festival. Great value for money.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Clean but lift so noisy couldnt get any sleep
    • Basic Double Room

The main problem was the noise of the lift which kept us awake all night, a really noisy whirring.

The room was clean apart from rubbish left in a drawer. Staff friendly.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

Hotel was clean but very basic but you get what you pay for...
    • Basic Double Room

The rooms only get cleaned when you leave had to ask for toilet paper no clean towels

Hotel was clean but very basic but you get what you pay for comfortable beds bathroom very clostrophobic needs refurbishment but value for money

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Thanks for the Nice Accomodation

It was very neat and Clean. Warm welcome though we had a late night checkin. Very well maintained rooms with comfortable beds, nice wardrobes, clean bathroom. Tesco is very close by and its 24 hours. We enjoyed the location. Free parking if u r parking from 8:00pm to 7:00am or 3.5 pounds for 24 hours. We got a all this along with a triple room which was pretty big in size compared to rooms in London for 30 pounds... Did not expect such nice things for a charge of 30 pounds. Thanks to the hotel and its staff

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Very disappointing

The room was two-thirds bed, with most of the rest of the room taken up by big bulky furniture. Very disappointing. The water for the shower never got hot.

The service was helpful

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Good price and comfortable stay. Right in town centre
    • Basic Double Room

Tea and coffee facilities would be nice

Thought it was going to be cheep and cheerful but it wasn't they are refurbishing and the quality is coming up. The room was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

very helpfull for a lot of things the staff will no
    • Standard Single Room

I like it for friend ship management and the staff, I will be going back again shortly, after going there the first time friendship even with maintaining staff.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

Superb, cheap hotel excellently located!
    • Basic Double Room

Value for money is excellent so no negatives here !

Every member of staff were extremely helpful. Hotel has huge potential. Very clean and comfortable. Only basic facilities but excellent value for money! Cheapest place to stay in Burnley and myself and my partner will not hesitate to book here again very soon. Overall we had an excellent and comfortable stay at The Keirby Park Hotel which couldnt be located any better for the town centre and amenities ! Well done to the manager and his superb team of staff. We will both be seeing you again very soon. Jason & Lisa.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

Ok but would like tea and coffee making facilities for the price atleast

No tea and coffee making facilities in the room.Very basic room with bed,desk, wardrobe,tv and ensuite bath/shower and WC. Bed not so comfortable with springs on the verge of emerging

Small room but well equipped with a wardrobe and desk and TV which was a must with kids! Hotel is ok if you need it just to sleep but not ideal for relaxing.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Very poor compared to the booking.com review of this hotel.
    • Basic Double Room

Discusted to find mens underwear behind radiator in bathroom. Shower curtain mouldy, room not cleaned during stay only towels changed. No extra loo rolls,reception was not interested or helpful with all of the above only interested in what time they finished to go home.

Bed comfy

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Disgusting

The worst hotel I've ever stayed in, you could not pay me to stay in there again. No hot water, found dirty underwear behind bed, fire alarm went off 5 times during the night. Mold on shower curtains, bath was disgusting. Could go on all day.... Don't waste your money.

Nout

One dirty old rundown hotel.
    • Standard Single Room

The room dirty .no light in the bathroom I have slept in cleaner fields.

The door out of the hotel.

Bad

Everything, Bed was very bad, Room wasn’t clean

Nothing at all,

Not recommended to anyone.
    • Standard Single Room

Hotel name had changed.Dirty linen.Dirty bathroom.Rubbish in bedroom.Draughty window.No heating control so hot ALL night.

Terrible
    • Basic Double Room

No facilities at all. No bar,no restaurant ,no tea or coffee no kettle no hairdrier

Hot water

Horrendous

The place was horrendous, I have never stayed in a place like it. I would not let my dog stay there

Hotel from hell
    • Basic Double Room

Dirty, not running hot water. Broken toilet seat.

I was horrified by the room condition
    • Basic Double Room

The room was disgusting broken bed,TV,sink,bath

Banging of DIY or something from just before 4AM, swearing,...
    • Basic Double Room

Banging of DIY or something from just before 4AM, swearing, shouting and cussing from athe same room for over an hour

the hygiene of this hotel needs looking at the rooms were disgusting the bed and had stains on like ink and blood.

the only good point was the girl on reception was very helpful and tried her best

terrible

• Standard Single Room

Everything! The place is just terrible and I'll never stay there again!

Avoid at all costs
    • Basic Double Room

Dirty, hazardous and sub standard

Uncomfortable
    • Basic Double Room

No kettle in room no cups in the room no tv remote bed was uncomfortable no heating

Not a lot

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

Avoid this hotel
    • Standard Single Room

Double booked my room even though I had pre paid.THIS Is theft

Less hotel more DSS hostel

No kettle in room Worst mattress I've ever slept on Grim

Great location for Turf Moor and Town Bars

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Excellent location. Value for money. Very central

I liked it all

I got complimentary upgrade, and location was excellent

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Friendly staff. Location.
    • Standard Single Room

Paying for parking on Hotel car park

Staff

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Great Value for money and very friendly
    • Standard Single Room

Mattress needs changed, springs were coming through.

Everything was perfick. Staff great. Very Tidy. clean bed linen and towels and room very clean.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Had good stay.staff very nice and helpful very friendly. Great value for money. Would stay again

Bit old in decor.

Bed was nice and comfy

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

it was a place to stay clode to town.
    • Standard Single Room

the hotel name was Crown not Keirby and could not phone to make my room bookings were in place till I got there.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Don't take room 311

Mattress worst ever seen

Staff was very friendly

Reception staff very pleasant
    • Basic Double Room

The bed wad extremely uncomfortable .

Reception staff very pleasant

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Very friendly staff and great value for money

Very friendly staff and great value for money

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

centrally located, basic facilities. but really friendly and clean..

No bar

Basic but really clean.. decor could do with an update having said that it is real value for money.