Accommodation Flights Flight + Hotel Car rentals Tours & Activities Airport taxis
  2. UK hotel reviews

#3 of 57 B&Bs and Inns in Cardiff

Based on 312 B&B reviews

9.8

9.9

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 14 November 2019

The welcome was superb from the slate sign on the door to...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Wi-Fi wasn't strong enough or consistent. Easily rectified with Wi-Fi extenders.

The welcome was superb from the slate sign on the door to the complimentary Welsh cakes. Lisa as a host was fantastic being attentive without being overbearing.

Stayed in November 2019

• Reviewed: 10 November 2019

A home from hone
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

What a great place. Lovely room, good location, great breakfast, but more than that is the wonderful warm welcome by Lisa. She could not do enough, even dropping us off at the train station when it was raining and always smiling and helpful. We will definitely be back to explore the area more and we will be sure to stay at Th Mynydd Lodge.

Stayed in November 2019

• Reviewed: 26 October 2019

Very enjoyable.

Nothing really.

The room was clean and warm and the hostess, Lisa and indeed her whole family were lovely. We were made very welcome from the moment we pulled up in the car. Nothing was too much trouble for her. Excellent hostess.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2019

Great stay with a lovely host. Perfect. Great location too and very comfortable.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

There was nothing we didn't like. It was perfect in every way.

Everything was fantastic on this stay. Breakfast was great. Comfort was great. Can't say anything was wrong at all. Lisa is a lovely host and nothing was too much trouble. There were lots of lovely thoughtful touches, from a welcome on the door to Welshcakes and nice big mugs for a cuppa! We would stay here again with no hesitation at all.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2019

Excellent stay - highly recommend
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Welcoming hosts, Welsh cakes and biscuits in the room were lovely. Great recommendations for eating out and excellent tips for travelling into Cardiff on half marathon day.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2019

It was just perfect!

Can't think of anything

Lisa met us at the door with a lovely warm welcome. Our room was just perfect with everything we needed for our stay. We really enjoyed her amazing cooked breakfast - we'll definately be back again! Many thanks

• Reviewed: 29 September 2019

A beautiful friendly family run place to stay. Couldn’t of picked better.

Everything was perfect.

We loved the fact it was family run. Very friendly and welcoming. Made home from home. Beautiful rooms and building. Very clean and comfortable beds. So much choice at breakfast. Nothing was to.much trouble and great communication with directions to finding the place. We would definitely stay again and recommend.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2019

Great value, great place
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

There was nothing not to like.

Everything and it was excellent value for money. Tea and coffee in the room with Welsh biscuits. Delicious breakfast. What a great place.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2019

A lovely stay - all too brief, sadly.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

It's only a tiny thing (and it's not really a complaint...) was that the bedroom was rather small and it was difficult to walk around the bed - the bathroom was bigger! Check-out time of 10.30 feels rather abrupt, especially on a Sunday.

Very welcoming hosts (Llion even let me borrow his tie when I realised I had the wrong one for the wedding!) and a VERY spacious bathroom. The house itself is delightful and well-appointed. There were Welsh cakes on the dressing table... lovely! Wifi was excellent.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2019

wonderful friendly helpful host.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

wonderful friendly helpful host. The room and ensuite were beautifully presented and very clean and comfortable. It was the added touches such as welsh cakes and bottled water in the room as well as tea and coffee. The breakfast was glorious. Would definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2019

Everything, Lisa is a fantastic host, she has thought of...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Everything, Lisa is a fantastic host, she has thought of everything for your stay. The bedroom we stayed in was lovely, clean and bed was very comfortable. You were welcomed with a log fire and a lovely lounge area you could use downstairs. There was so much choice for breakfast too, Lisa even did breakfast for us early, as we had an early start. I would definitely stay again and would recommend staying here.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2019

Absolutely the best B&B that I have stayed at!
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Absolutely the best B&B that I have stayed at! A Top Quality 5* B&B! The room was luxurious, very clean, lots of little extras , very friendly and welcoming host! My son loved it ! Especially The Roald Dahlh connection ! Will certainly book again when next in Cardiff!

• Reviewed: 29 August 2019

We had a twin room which was well kept.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

We had a twin room which was well kept. The en-suite bathroom, while small, had the necessary facilities with a good size shower. The property was well situated with easy access to the highway which made getting to the various attractions around Wales easier. The welsh cakes received on check in were a nice touch for the visit and the hostess, Lisa, was incredibly friendly and made the experience a great one. Checking where we were heading and offering some suggestions on places to see/eat. The breakfast supplied was amazing! With a warm option, multiple cereals to choose from, fruit, yogurt and pastries there really was something for everyone. Check in was a breeze with Lisa messaging the day before to find out our estimated arrival time and anticipating our arrival. Overall it was a great experience.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2019

Easy the best People and the best b+b we have ever Stayed .
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Not one thing never said that before how amazing

My stay was the best b+b my wife and I have ever stayed at .The hosts are amazing there friendly ness and local knowledge was second to none and the way we were greeted was outstanding I can't remember a better place that I've ever been too and yes the breakfast was excellent our room was outstanding the flowers in our bedroom and all the shower gels and shampoo on suite were as we viewed online but we're surprised that we actually got the room advertised.amazing please use this amazing couple they are fantastic.

Lisa was AMAZING.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Lisa was AMAZING. She couldn't have been a better host if she tried! She came out to find us at 9pm at night and guided us into our parking spot and greeted us with a friendly face. Upon realising we would be leaving early the next morning for work, she packed a take away breakfast for us the night before so that we would not go hungry. She also came to the room with a bottle opener when I asked for one shortly after arriving. Her care and attention to detail was great. The room itself was so cosy and comfortable and we had a great night's sleep! Thanks so much guys x

Spacious and comfortable!
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The lodge is right next to the road which gets less busier closer to night but it is something to take into account. Also, the mattresses were really soft but we were still able to sleep comfortably just a bit apart :)

The owner was extremely nice, really made us feel comfortable and welcomed. Also knowledgeable so if you need any traveling tips regarding Cardiff or Wales, she will be happy to help. The room was tidy, spacious, and with a big closet. You also have a kettle and hairdryer to your disposal as so it should meet most of your expectations when it comes to a comfy room. Breakfast offers a lot of variety, from several different versions of cereals to a freshly prepared hot breakfast such as a toast with eggs and bacon. Very tasty! It takes a 10 minute walk to the train station and then another 10 to Cardiff, so overall 20 minutes, which is quite fast!

• Reviewed: 21 August 2019

Very welcoming and relaxing.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

The owners were very friendly, thoughtful and helpful. They picked us up from the station. The breakfast was very good indeed, with lots of variety. The beds were comfortable and the bedroom and bathroom clean and well appointed. A welcoming, efficient, family-run business.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2019

Very comfortable and above average facilities.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The hand basin is quite small and unable to stop water splashing on the floor.

Attention to detail by the proprietor, excellent spread for breakfast, catering for all tastes. Matching breakfast service, attentive and fast service

• Reviewed: 16 July 2019

Friendly, clean & in good location but room was too small and noisy for a 2 night biz stay
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Staff and location excellent. Very friendly, helpful and kind. Good breakfast too. I think I just had bad luck with the room! It is was very small for a two night business stay -two single beds in there but no room for a desk, and the bathroom was so tiny it was hard to turn around in there; I kept bashing my elbows on things and had to wash one hand at a time! Also the noise from the road (I was at the front of the house with my head near an open window a small it was v hot) wasn't great at night for a light sleeper but others may not have the same issue especially if its not as warm.

Stayed in July 2019

• Reviewed: 11 July 2019

Lovely, enjoyable place to stay.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Lovely old house with so many personal touches you felt part of the family. Lisa is a lovely caring host that insures that you are happy and comfortable. Very clean and tidy.

Stayed in July 2019

• Reviewed: 26 June 2019

Lovely stay near Cardiff
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

The rooms and baths would be challenging for large or tall persons.

The breakfast that Lisa specially prepared was A+ in a lovely dining room. Lisa and her husband were wonderful hosts. 10 min walk downhill to train station.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2019

Nice property and Lisa the host/owner was lovely, Overpriced though because of Elton John concert
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

I thought the breakfast could have been better, no mushrooms, sausages or hash browns which I thought was a little strange. It also came with served on top on white toast which I don't really eat.

Location - near to railway station which I wanted

• Reviewed: 21 June 2019

Our stay was fantastic, highly recommend to stay here.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

I can't fault a single thing.

The breakfast was great, lots of choice. Location was very central with excellent train service. Lisa was very friendly and helpful. I will definitely book here again.

• Reviewed: 20 June 2019

a nice, trouble free and comfortable stay. Thank You.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Visited here for business and Lisa was welcoming and helped me with local information and made me feel welcome. Location is amazing - 3 miles from Cardiff and has a station 2 mins walk that stops at the Stadium in town should yopu be going for an event. Value for money and comfortable - would recommend and will come back when next in the area.

• Reviewed: 18 June 2019

Very wellcoming, Service was excellent & friendly. With the cost value for money for the area

Nothing not to like

The breaks was excellent freshly cooked to order. There was also variety off fresh sliced fruit yogurts and cereals The parking was private off road The room was adequately stocked with tea coffee and lovely welsh cakes

• Reviewed: 17 June 2019

Outstanding, all the little extras that Lisa has put in place, really makes you feel pampered & rela
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Lisa, the owner, really goes above and beyond to make your stay the most comfortable experience whilst there. Will definitely recommend to family and friends

• Reviewed: 27 May 2019

A special place with a delightful hostess. Exceptional !
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Our hostess Lisa was delightful and so helpful. The decor was lovely with special touches - fresh flowers, Welsh cakes etc. An attractive and well-appointed dining room with breakfast beautifully presented. A special place to which we will return. Exceptional.

Stayed in May 2019

• Reviewed: 26 May 2019

Brilliant
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

There wasn't really anything to fault. Lisa and Llion were both very friendly and obliging and did everything in their power to make everything just right. Thank you

Breakfast was nice, I liked the option of fresh fruit and a warm breakfast option. the bacon sandwich was very nice.

Stayed in May 2019

• Reviewed: 25 April 2019

So inviting
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Great host, great accomodation , excellent choice for breakfast - rooms very clean and tidy and little extra's make all the difference (name on door, flowers on dresser, bottled water, dressing gowns).

• Reviewed: 18 April 2019

Highly recommended place to stay, staff made you feel at home with great hospitality.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Location was fantastic and great hospitality. Highly recommended, will stay again! Rooms very comfortable with little extras on arrival, food was great and staff was very welcoming on arrival. Very good local amenities to explore, ideal site seeing location.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2019

I would highly recommend and maybe next time I will have time to explore the surroundings
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Very friendly welcome, showed me to my room and explained the facilities. Complementary tea, coffee etc and some amazing welsh cakes. I would recommend to anyone that needs a relaxing stay.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2019

A warm welcome with comfortable accomodation and a good breakfast.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

We had a lovely warm welcome from Lisa and had a very comfortable stay. There were plenty of choices for breakfast and good tea and coffee and Welsh cake provisions in the bedroom. We will certainly return.

Stayed in March 2019

• Reviewed: 28 January 2019

Home away from home
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Nothing really. The room I stayed in was perfect for me for one night. If I ever stay again with my partner I will ask for a bigger room if possible. This one, even when having a big chest of drawers, didn't really have a wardrobe, which would be useful for longer stays.

I had a great time at Ty Mynydd Lodge. Lisa is a super-friendly host and did all in her hand to make my stay perfect. The room was cosy and spotless with a big bathroom. I can tell attention to detail is a must for them. Very nice breakfast included. Definitely recommended. I look forward to stay with you again. Thanks a lot!

Stayed in January 2019

• Reviewed: 20 January 2019

Perfect host made us feel very welcome
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Usually stay in hotels so was conscious of noise level and not to talk too loud as others could probably of heard!

Personalized greeting and warm welcome by host together with bathrobes and toiletries and tasty welshcakes Beautiful large bathroom.

Stayed in January 2019

• Reviewed: 6 December 2018

Good brekky, quiet house and considerate hosts & guests.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Road noise was a little intrusive but then I do live out in the sticks so not used to it. No nearby pub but that is not the owners fault!

Good brekky, quiet house and considerate hosts & guests.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2018

Top class!!
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

What can I say apart from AMAZING!!! Owner was amazing and met us at door. Rooms were stunningly fresh. Breakfast was more than you could ever want. Simply one of my favourite overnight stays!!

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: 27 November 2018

Despite my negative observations we enjoyed our stay
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

We requested a twin bed room which unfortunately was very small. The bathroom was even smaller, so much so it was even smaller than the one in our caravan. Parking was restrictive and so I parked on the pavement during our second night stay.

The friendliness of the owners, nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast was excellent.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2018

Wonderful B and B with wonderful host

Nothing !

What makes this places extra special Is the warm Welcome you get on arrival from Lisa who is an exceptional host. Lisa puts her heart and soul into her home and business and this shines through. She couldn’t have done any more to make our stay better!

• Reviewed: 20 November 2018

Amazing - a proper Welsh welcome in the hillside :-)

Visit went to quick.

The hosts were amazing , such a warm friendly welcome. Will be highly recommending this place to others. Fantastic little touches from the heart shaped "Croseo" on room door to the Welsh cakes in the room, this couple love to welcome you into what is their family home. The early availability to check in to get into Cardiff for the Welsh rugby early kick off was not a problem... and the breakfast the next day was full of choice and variety - opted for the Bacon and scrambled eggs - standard was exceptional. Couldn't fault location either, 10min walk to train station, £4 return and trains running nearly every 15 mins = will be returning - thank you Lisa and Llion xx

• Reviewed: 15 November 2018

Fantastic.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Lisa was super friendly and helpful, looked after me very well in my short stay and made me feel exceptionally welcome. Such a rare treat when on a business trip and made the whole thing a pleasure.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2018

Owner very friendly and lovely, we really enjoyed our stay...
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Everything was great no problems what so ever.

Owner very friendly and lovely, we really enjoyed our stay and will definitely return. The room was a good size and very comfy and clean, Breakfast was fantastic everything you needed and more. In a very good location as our daughter only lives 10 minutes walk away and the train station to Cardiff close by so into Cardiff within 20 mins.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2018

Just what an independent B&B should be.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

If I was being very very picky, in our room it was tricky to find a plug near a mirror for hair and makeup purposes, but this would not put me off staying there again. Trying to find a good excuse to go back!

Wonderfully welcoming hosts, beautiful building, full of character. Gorgeous guest lounge. Nice touches such as personalised names on bedroom doors, bottles of water and welshcakes! Fabulous choice at breakfast.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Really friendly welcome, cosy room and brilliant value!
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Lovely host, greeting was welcoming - great breakfast selection and cosy room. Welsh cakes and water in room nice touch, along with robe. If in the area would choose to stay again.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Friendly welcome - personable.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Toilet a little cramped. Limited cooked breakfast choice. Clock with loud tick on bedroom wall.

Friendly welcome - personable. Clean and tidy. Bottled drinking water in room. Good TV choice. Good WiFi. Free parking. Other than limited main choice, breakfast was good with lots of cereal choice, fruit, toast, pastry etc.

We found Lisa so accomodating.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

We found Lisa so accomodating.I requested a type of bread for toast due to an intolerance and she replied back immediately to say she would get it .She was so friendly that we felt almost part of the family.

Delightful place to start our Welsh journey.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

The room and bathroom were clean and very nice but quite small.

Lisa, the owner, was exceptional - very friendly and accommodating. She cooked a wonderful breakfast for us and the other guests. The lodge is close to the train so we didn’t have to drive into Cardiff and find parking.

Lisa is friendly and makes you feel welcome.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

We struggle with the small hand wash basin to wash our face . Would suggest a shelf on the wall above hand wash basin would be helpful to put toiletries

Lisa is friendly and makes you feel welcome. We enjoy the happy spread of fresh fruits in the morning together with a generous varieties of cereals . Her Husband Hieon knew of my medical condition and extend friendly help to bring our luggages upstairs for me and wife .

The en-suite was spacious;
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

No wardrobe space for a long stay. Breakfast was OK.

The en-suite was spacious; bed comfortable. Good for 1/2 nights. Location was close to train station with park and ride facility (free). Easy way to visit Cardiff without having to drive into the city centre.

Wales visit
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Unfortunately the room with 2 beds has a very small bathroom. The other rooms have much bigger ones.

Our host was gracious and informative. Always ready to go above and beyond if you needed anything.

Easy walk to station.

All good.

Lisa made a great stay perfect. Although small the bedroom was beautifully appointed and very comfortable. The bathroom large and had everything needed for a bnb stay. Enjoyed the easy walk to Radyr station for trains to the city.

Extra toiches
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

On a main road and I'm a light sleeper but that's not the hotels fault.

Has everything right with it but the little touches put it above others. Name on the door, dressing gown, communal dining table.

A lovely B and B which we would thoroughly recommend
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Lisa and Llion were very friendly and welcoming. We had a lovely breakfast and were spoilt for choice! We would recommend this accommodation as it was perfect for us.

Excellent experience. We will definitely return.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Host was exceptional. Extremely warm and genuine. Recommended restaurants and places to go. Within easy driving distance from Cardiff. Very relaxing and breakfast was fabulous.

Loved our stay so much.Friendly.cosy.Would definitely stay again
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Lisa was a lovely host.She made us feel right at home and nothing was too much trouble.Her accommodation was immaculate and she really helped us out of a tight spot.

A lovely place, but try to get a room at the back if you don't like traffic noise.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

It was very warm during our stay so we had to leave the window open all night, but that let in the traffic noise which we are not used to. The shower room was OK but had a minute hand basin that was too small for any known function!

We were made to feel very welcome in this charming old guest house. The room was a good size with en-suite shower-room. The breakfasts were excellent with a huge range of options. All served in the small dining room with a single table, but that meant we had the chance to speak to other guests rather that keep to ourselves which was nice. I would go back, but hope to get a rear bedroom.

Wonderful host, lovely room.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Not sure I can think of anything that could be better.

The best thing about Ty Mynydd Lodge is Lisa, the host, who made us feel very welcome. The room was very nicely decorated, and spacious and it was just 5 mins walk to a lovely Italian restaurant, Cicchetti.

Excellent B&B
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Amazing place. Made to feel welcome from the start. Very good location only 8 min walk to train station. Very clean room with excellent choice of breakfast. Very good value for money. Will be returning.

Very happy with our stay!
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

We were welcomed by Lisa, she is great. Very friendly and helpful. The lodge is in a good location with train station only 10 mins away, which makes moving around very easy if you take a break from driving. The room was very nice, whit a comfortable bed.

A throughly excellent B&B, a gem of a find
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Very warm welcome from Lisa. Lovely comfy room and bed. Lovely Welsh cakes in the room and an excellent breakfast. Nothing was too much trouble during my stay. I will stay here again.

Lisa was very welcoming and provided good information about...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Lisa was very welcoming and provided good information about travelling by train into Cardiff centre & local dining options. The accommodation was very conveniently located for us in terms of access by car, proximity to Castell Coch, and to Cardiff. Lisa made an excellent breakfast and overall provided a warm and hospitable home away from home for us.

The location of the property was 15 mins away from the...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The location of the property was 15 mins away from the wedding venue we was attending. I asked if we could check in early as we was attending a wedding at 12:30 and Lisa made sure that our room was ready for our arrival, nothing was to much trouble for her. Absolutely lovely lady, very friendly and very welcoming, she made us feel so welcome and it was like we had known her years not only just met. Will definitely be staying again. Thank you for your hospitality

Convenient to local sights and awesome hospitality.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Was a little tight for unpacking items and placing things like hanging towels for drying and suitcases.

Lisa is a very charming hostess and excellent cook. Felt like I was staying with a lovely English family. Very accommodating to my friend who is vegetarian. Great recommendations to local venues as well as suggestions to eat and travel by rail.

If you like Roald Dahl , and want a factastic place to stay near Cardiff City , this is the place !

Nothing to complain about , perfect !

Lisa called me the day before arrival to check all was OK and confirm what time we arrived , she could not have been more helpful in guiding us the best way to get into the city center, Big smile on arrival and made us feel important and at home , each room had our names written on the door in local slate , really nice touch , finally Breakfast , as a Global traveler its not often you walk into the breakfast room and think Wow ! Ty Mynydd Lodge gives you this , Great Job Lisa & Llion

Very comfortable friendly value for money accomodation
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

No mirror in twin room (only bathroom, so no good if occupied), additional sockets behind chest of drawers difficult to access to plug in hairdryer (2 accessible sockets in use charging phones), name written on room door too personal, some guests may be put off, do you want strangers to know your name / female ?

Blackout blinds great, Welsh cake in room nice touch and decaff tea provided on request, parking space had been allocated. Friendly courteous host.

Fabulous bank holiday get away
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Lisa the host was absolutely fabulous. So welcoming and a wealth of information, made our 3 day stay enjoyable. Told us best way to get to Cardiff(by train) must sees when there, Cardiff Bay, Castle etc. Second day she recommended going to Rhossili and we're so glad we took her advice, breathtaking scenery, beautiful beach and amazing cliff top walk. The bedroom, lounge and dinning room were comfortable a real home from home. Thank you so much Lisa and family

Sufficient for the one night in which I stayed. Excellent friendly proprieters.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Only two hooks on the door to hang clothes. The bathroom was very small with only a vanity sink although the shower area was excellent. Only hand wash on the sink - no other toiletries. Difficult to use personal things as the shelf was up high. Appreciate that there wasn't a space for a wardrobe or more spacious bathroom facilities but if I had been staying for more than one night that may have posed a problem. I wouldn't recommend this particular room for a more lengthy stay, despite excellent décor and a comfortable bed.

Very friendly and accommodating owners. Nothing appeared too much trouble both before arriving and during my stay. Excellent cleanliness and a lovely unique looking building. The dining room and sitting room was lovely. Pity I didn't have more time to take full advantage.

Lisa the 'landlady' was great, nothing was too much...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

They were full so we had to leave.

Lisa the 'landlady' was great, nothing was too much trouble. Historic property with character. Breakfast more like a full English - fabulous hospitality. Would rush back. Good links into Cardiff city, was to find, what more can i say.

One night in Cardiff
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

A little pricey for one night but to be fair all the other hotels also hiked up their rates too

Qwirky and quaint historical place. Great staff and service. Will be staying there again next time we are in Cardiff

Highly recommend this place
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Lisa was amazing and attended to our every need. She greeted us as we walked in. She laid out an amazing breakfast far more choice than what we expected. The lodge had great character.

Bed was comfy++ pillows were cloud soft.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Nothing could have been bettered.

Bed was comfy++ pillows were cloud soft. everywhere was excellent. Lisa's welcome was refreshing after a n exhausting drive. Wonderful experience, What a find!

We really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely make a return visit.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Some dust behind the bed and the window would not open

A very cosy lodge with a lovely breakfast provided. The owners/family were very welcoming and friendly. A nice comfortable room and bed, tea and coffee making facilities, shower with towels and shower toiletries.

Overnight stay close to home (to attend a wedding)
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Nothing at all, though we had a little difficulty finding it in the dark and pouring rain.

Lisa was an excellent hostess very welcoming and eager to please. Her husband Lion was extremely helpful in talking to our taxi driver and explaining where we were. Some nice little touches, the welcome sign on the bedroom door and the Welsh cakes and bottled water. Breakfast was great too. We'd have no hesitation in staying there again if the need arises. We

Definitely one of my better stop overs by a long chalk.

Nothing not to like.

Room was very spacious, bed was extremely comfortable, and there was a plentiful supply of tea, coffee, biscuits, Welsh Cakes and water. Very welcoming host, and the whole property was clean, tidy and comfortable. Breakfast was plentiful, fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereals, breads and a choice off cooked items. Opted for the scrambled egg on toast. Absolutely great place. Would book again in a heartbeat.

A great stay will book again when re-visiting the area
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

We liked the welcome we received from the landlady who meet us a the door, the lodge was very clean and comfortabe. Ty Mynydd Lodge is ideal locattion if you wish to visit South Wales or Cardiff, we would recommend to anyone visiting the area.

Excellent B & B and would cetainly use again

very little

Very friendly welcome, excellent breakfast, clean and warm bedroom. Beds very comfortable. Very much value for money; easy access to M4 and centre of Cardiff

Showing 1 – 75

We Price Match
We Price Match
Low rates • No booking fees • Find cheaper? We'll refund the difference!