Reviews of Grand Beach Resort By Diamond Resorts 4 stars

8317 Lake Bryan Beach Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32821, USA

#19 of 407 hotels in Orlando

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

1 of 9 days got the housekeeping service. It should be more according to the number of nights booked.

Very quiet place for a relaxing vacations. Also activities for the kids.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Would be convenient to have a restaurant or cafe on site. But the kitchen in the room is well equipped.

Very clean rooms, playgrounds and minigolf for the kings. Large rooms. Comfortable!

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

A restaurant would make this hotel complete but it’s close enough to many others.

Super clean and family oriented! Variety of family activities on the property: 2 pools, mini golf, canoes/paddle boats, board games, volleyball area, 2 different levels of playgrounds that are covered. Staff was very nice and professional.

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

There were not enough parking spaces for our 2 vehicles to park close to one another

Loved the location. The property was beautiful. The units were clean, spacious and comfortable!

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

The staff on the other side after checking in didn't really know how to approach or talk to Guess that were checking in. They staff had quite a few marketing pitches and their marketing skills were not up to par! Some of the sraff forgot to tell us details like where we were going if we were going on the tour how the details worked for the gifts that they were giving! All staffing needs to sit down and go over how to speak what they're selling how they're selling and what the gifts are going to be so everybody's on the same page! Once again hot mess!

Love the location. Kind of standoffish on The Hammocks because of the alligators and snakes. Our family stayed for almost a week in building 7 beautiful room Jets didn't work on the tub later on found out that they aren't supposed to be working. Hot mess! We moved over to building 6 and the room had a few issues. The main living room light would not turn off, the patio furniture outside had been rained on and the paint was coming off like plastic on our clothes. The patio door was warped and was rusting due to the rain which it made the door a challenge to close also the plug in the main bathroom for the tub would not go down had to do some forcing to get it down! Or other rooms are gorgeous just need some of key and maintenance on building 6 due to the rain hitting all of the front side of those buildings!

• One-Bedroom Apartment

there was a construction outside the building I was placed into. our windows were looking at the construction site attached to the wall of our building. in the morning the construction workers started their work and that prevented us from getting the rest we needed. also we had to keep the windows shut to avoid the peaking by the workers into our apartment. overall, if there is a construction we would have expected to be placed in the building that is NOT renovated.

the apartment was big

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

There was nothing we didn't like. It is a beautiful property!

This resort is beyond excellent! We had a 3 bedroom apartment that was so spacious and beautiful. Beautiful grounds surrounding it. Would stay again in a heartbeat if we were regular vacationers but we're not. Close to all the parks and shopping and dining. Our granddaughters loved the pool and our son in law loved the lake and the fact he could fish.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

I booked what I thought to be a hotel. It is not although the facilities were very good there is no restaurant and no breakfast. The stuff attitude wasn’t very nice.

The facility

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

I have no complaints at all. This is our favorite resort.

This was our 2nd time staying here. We loved it so much in 2014, that we booked our vacation here again in 4/2018. There’s so much to do right at the resort and if you want to go other places, everything is really close. We love this place and will definitely stay here again next time we take another vacation !

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

I wish the snack store downstairs also sold milk.

The flat was large and spacious, with plenty of room for three kids to relax in after various activities in Orlando. The location is central, close to a premium outlet mall, and not far from the parks. The staff are friendly and sent us off with cereal bars, which was a nice small touch.

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

It wasnt in best condition due to work being done at the time of my stay. No restaurants on the property.

Big and perfect for a family. Super great location!

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

Honestly wasn’t there long but it basically felt like condo apartments being converted with not much in amenities, bad parking situation and staff is obviously a work in progress. We couldn’t get a late checkout and on day of check out we receive a call at 8am to tell us to swing by concierge for goodies and are asked a bunch of questions and given a bag of peanuts.

Room was big and comfortable.

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

We were put in a building that was under construction and the nice enclosed patio view was not useful because it was covered up by scaffolding. The workers were able to see in our room the whole time. We are accustomed to Disney transportation to parks and this resort did not provide any. Lastly the people upstairs were extremely loud nightly and kept a couple of our guests up.

The location was close to everything we wanted to visit. The room was clean and updated however had a few things that needed fixed. The grounds were nice and well kept. There was free mini golf along with 2 pool areas, basketball and tennis courts as well as shuffleboard.

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

Maintence of the suite i experince problem and it was out of the hotel staff control or at least the problem wasnt taken care of and was very uncomfortable and I wasnt happy

Great place

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

I was misinformed about late check out options. I spoke to someone the day before checking out to ask if late check out was possible. I had an evening flight, single mom, and two young kids. I was told to ask after seven pm the evening before. I went to the front desk at 6:30 pm and was told that all the late check out options available had been filled. I was disappointed that I was misinformed that morning and that a late check out could have been accommodated for my family had I been told the correct information or had my request been accommodated that morning when I spoke to front desk staff.

Exceptionally clean property, well equipped, great playground and mini golf. Great location. Room was fabulous.

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

Check in process was hard.

Fabi at the pool area was amazing! My kids made the dye shirts, painted glasses, and decorated frisbees! Fabi was so sweet we definitely appreciated her!

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

I was surprised by the $11 per day amenity charge and the $100 security deposit upon check-in, but the amenity charge had actually been included in the original quote--I just hadn't noticed it was a separate charge upon arriving. And we were never actually charged the deposit.

We booked a 2-bdrm and upon check-in we were upgraded to a 3-bdrm unit with two masters. Very comfortable and quiet with a spacious porch. Very affordable option for our family of four to enjoy while visiting Disney and Universal, which are both nearby. There's also a super walmart nearby to stock the full kitchen. As crowded as everything in Orlando is, it was nice to retreat to Grand Beach and our spacious, comfortable home away from home.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The walls seemed thin, I could hear the people next to us talking

The room was beautiful along with the grounds! Very peaceful and the people and staff were easy going! Awesome location.

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

We had a wet floor in our unit that was reported after the 1st night. I had to report the leak a second time and it took untill day 5 to resolve the issue. This facility is not family friendly, they are more concerned with selling time shares. We were having a family pizza get together at 10 pm when security showed up at the door and informed us that we are making to much noise. Quite hours were listed as 11pm. Major roof repairs closed the playground and construction noise added to this mess. Resort entrance was not well marked and it was easy to miss and drive by.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

It's a home from home. Everything you have at home - you have here. Everything is spot on. All the comforts. Highly recommend this fabulous oasis of gorgeousness Peter & John xx

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

Beautiful property, our room was excellent. Staff was so nice and friendly. We went on a cruise and booked this location as a resting point in our trip. I wish we could have stayed longer. Location was great getting to and from the interstate. All kinds of shopping within a 5 min drive.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Isolated by traffic with no restaurant, bar, food service, gathering space. They don`the clean the rooms while you are there! There is a $37 per day charge for a "resort fee" - basically a pool. It was 55 degrees outside. The garbage beneath the buildings stinks. And all they want to do is sell you a new time share! I felt totally ripped off and used by this facility and staff. Never again.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The room was a nice space, not sure why the need for French doors. The bed seemed smaller then a king. A spring mattress??? It’s way past time to up grade! Looks like there was some damages to a few of the buildings maybe hurricane? Not very clear where to check in or where to park, no visible signage?

The hot tub/spa was very nice, the property seemed to be well taken care.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

There wasn’t any available parking spot next to our building and no valet services. Had to walk 10 minutes to the hotel

They upgraded our room for free from 2 bedrooms to 3

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

Never got the receipe for my payment to my email (ask for that at checkout) other news from the hotel comes through so the do have the right email

We had a 3 bedroom apartment and that was great for 6 adults and 3 small children. The rooms were clean and fresh. Kids loved the pool area. Kitchen was ok equipped, for a large family like us an extra cattle wold had been needed. If we would had had more time we would definetly had tried the gril/barbeque area outside. The resort arranged activities both for children and adults, a big + for that

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

Some amenities under construction, first come- first serve parking; not ensuring parking available

Spacious, clean, friendly staff, quiet area, private beach and lots of activities

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Unfortunately the main pool was closed for refurb when we visited so didn't get to make use of it. A little walk to some restaurants and not many big supermarkets near by, but used taxis a lot.

Large spacious rooms, excellent value for money. Large kitchen for making our own food during our stay. Good location for getting to the parks at Disney and universal in a short uber ride. Loved the sports facilities which we made use of.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

There was no communal area to relax with a drink or cup of tea as such. Over the hurricane Irma period the pool was closed for an excessive amount of 4 days (2 days before the hurricane even hit) for the full week we stayed here we did not get to experience the pools once

The Property, the grounds & the rooms were stunning, clean & fantastically maintained

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

The floors in the bath tub and showers are very very slippery family of 6 and we all fell in the showers not good. Also you say you have an oasis pool but you dont.

The size of the rooms are spacious and had everything we needed in the kitchen.

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

No onsite bar ehich would have been nice.

Very peaceful haven away from the parks. A couple of restaurants within walking distance but require a car if you wish to pick from a choice which are a five minute drive. Wish we had used the onsite grills. Great place, lovely apartments, v clean. Very attentive staff. Great place to vacation in Orlando.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

no rome services to make up the room and if we request it we shall pay 75$ per day which not logic from resort and when i request for machine operator it took 50 min to come !!

very nice location if you have a car just 10 min . to disney world and the room cost is very good too . friendly staff ; big a apartment with all facilities you can purchase disney tickets with best price as they are authorized for it.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

I honestly can say I have no dislikes

I loved that the resort was clean the staff was very friendly. The bed was so comfortable the room was very clean and nice the cookware was very nice there was always something to do on the resort for adults and children. EVERYTHING was just so amazing for the price. I was very so amazed. I will be staying here again and every time I visit Orlando!

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

I would have liked to have seen more security on the property in the evening and at night. Also the doors did not lock properly and the shower door got stuck.

Very clean and plenty of room for my family and I to spread out. We loved all the amenities!!

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment

It was a great stay. It was my first time in Orlando so I asked to staff about everything and they were very helpful. They upgraded me to a 2 bedroom apartment and it was quite clean, spacious and comfy. I wanted to extend my stay after I see how good the apartment was but all the rooms were full. Overall I really enjoyed it and would definitely stay at this resort again.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Felt the showers in the bathrooms could have had better support as were slippy. That said accommodation was very comfortable. Didn't like that the price of the accommodation fluctuated a lot and when I booked it, it then dropped dramatically and cost me more.

Very central location for shopping and theme parks. Accommodation is well suited for families and couples. All staff were extremely pleasant and helpful.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The only down side to the property was no cafe, your shop sold very basic products which were well overpriced.

The place was perfect. As it was our Anniversary when we arrived we were given a bottle with balloons on from the staff who were so accommodating. The room was just perfect with a view of the beautiful lake, which one could go boating on. We were not sure how to work the oven, they sent someone up right away to show us how it worked, nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were large with a lovely front room. We would and have already recommended your property to friends and family. After staying at your property there is no way I would want to go back and stay in International Drive (which is only about 8 minutes drive away)

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Joshua on reception was fantastic. All staff friendly. The complex is super clean. Great location, 10 minutes from disney. Good onsite parking. Fun kiddies play area, crazy golf, little beach with hammocks. We could watch the disney fireworks from our balcony! Just bliss.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

No place within walking distance to get food/drinks. No pool bar or cafe. Not enough parking!

Sitting on the screened in porch was a nice way to end the day.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The property was in beautiful surroundings and was peaceful and never busy or crowded which was a welcome change from the busy parks. However there was still plenty for our 10 year old granddaughter to do on our days off from the parks.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The room had a nice large screen enclosed patio. I had booked the 3 bed apt for myself and a friend. My friends dad got sick and had to be put in a home. I tried to get the room date changed but management only gave me 24 hours. This wasn't enough time. The shower was cold, after paying 200 a night that was inescusable. It was after 1130 at night when I took my first cold shower, too late to call maintenance. The next morning the shower was Luke warm, dealt with it. After coming home from sea world sopping wet and cold I wanted to take a warm shower, cold again, called front desk later, after another cold shower and maintenance fixed the problem without coming in the room. I asked for a refund of the 40 dollar resort fee and told the management this was unfair to begin with. They said 40 bucks was for toilet paper and incidentals, cmon no hotel charges a special resort fee for that. On the morning I was to leave , may 14, I got a call waking me up at 830. The management wanted to let me know they had a special gift just for me. I hung up the phone in disgust. Waking me up when I'm in vacation is not necessary. The special gift was 8 ounces of water and a breakfast bar "for the road". This was a veiled attempt to get people out of the hotel early as room service was coming around at the same time. I again asked management for a refund of the resort fee. They wouldn't budge and said I should have called about the shower at 11:30 pm and they would have fixed it, yeah and maybe I get a hot shower at 1pm in the morning. There was nothing special here , no restaurant on site and none to walk to. Spend your hard earned cash elsewhere. There motto is they like to say yes. I say make it your motto to say NO!!!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Pool wasn't super cool, no where to eat on site. No spa. But what can u expect for $100 a night

I liked that they upgraded us to a 3 bedroom at no additional cost. Balcony was great rooms were modern traditional not super fancy but comfortable and not old cabinets or fixtures. Looked somewhat newly remodeled.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

I could have gotten a WAY better deal if I would have known to tell them I was with the wedding party. Also, the front desk staff could have been a little more friendly and you should to rent a car to get to this place. A taxi ride from the airport is $50 and so is an uber one-way but to rent a car for 4 days was $164! I was told over the phone they had an airport shuttle but that wasn't the case.

There was so much to do around the property and the scenery was beautiful...the pools were well kept and there were plenty of activities to participate in either on your own or with the property scheduled activities.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment

No resturant in the property but it was gine as we took our daily breakfast in different location in Orlando.

They upgraded my booking from 2 bedrooms to 3 bedrooms without even requesting that. It was super clean and has everything from the kitchen tools to the iron and the safe. Great location and they have kids activities which unfortunately I didn't use because of the time. It's really Recommended and I plan to book it again if I return back to Orlando.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

Nowhere to gather/socialise in the evenings, a bar would have been a great addition to the resort facilities.

Room facilities were fabulous; well equipped and spacious.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The resort room we stayed in, showers and guest tub was in need of an improvement desperately, that would be my only complaint.

We enjoyed the spacious rooms, and comfy beds,clean rooms,and having a kitchen with everything that you will need.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The booking.com description of the hotel indicated that ALL apartments featured a whirlpool tub. Unfortunately that was not true. Our 1 bedroom apartment did NOT have this feature. This was the reason we booked this resort. The staff was quick to resolve this issue and make things right. Excellent customer service.

The staff was wonderful and was able to address the disconnect from the original booking which was supposed to include a whirlpool tub. Once a room with a tub became available, they immediately switched our room. The new room was a 3 bedroom suite with the whirlpool tub. We would definitely look to book another stay at this resort.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment

fyi to everyone! they do not clean your room! we were there for 3 days and i thought it was a hotel resort. it felt more like a time-share resort.........

I'm glad the room supplies were adequate because they did not clean for 3 days.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment

We've stayed at the Beach Resort by Diamond twice and it has always been a great experience. They upgraded our room both times to allow additional room and comfort for my family of 5. We have Annual Passes at Disney and whenever we stay over we will be trying to get a room at The Beach Resort.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

I wish there were better kitchen tools because I had trouble cooking with some of them. They seemed like they were Dollar Tree and were difficult to cook with.

We got a free room upgrade and it was awesome! The pool, the scenery, and the view were great! It's not very far from Walmart, Disney, or Universal Studios either.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Even though we only stayed one night, when the staff found out it was my daughter's birthday they surprised her with a little gift and balloons. It jump started her 11th birthday and she'll never forget it!! Thank you soooo much!! ~The Franklin Family

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Too noisy wall are not insulated enough and sound like the people above was moving furniture all hours of the night

Great comfortable place to stay close to Disney world and places to eat

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The front desk staff, when I checked in I had to wait 30 minutes after traveling all day, then I get to my room and he made me keys for the wrong room which then took another 15 mins to get into my room. The front desk agent didn't really seem concerned at all, the security guard named Steven was very nice and apologized for the inconvenience.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Loved it all! I'm having issues with my bed at home and loved my sleep at this property. Could you give me the brand and mattress so I could buy online or in store?

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment

No dining facilities on property

Very clean. Lots of activities. Beautiful grounds. Secluded yet close to everything. Definitely visiting again for a longer stay.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

It's a timeshare resort - so be careful about solicitors. On the day of the checkout, the cleaning service was waiting outside our door, waiting for us to leave. We felt rushed out. Also there is no daily cleaning service like any other hotel. So for 4 days we had garbage pile up. I would take it out myself, but till this day I don't know where garbage containers were.

Location is great. Very close to all parks and airport. Rooms were clean. Our suite was big, so plenty of space for everyone.

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

The ONLY complaint I have is that when you come late at night it is very hard to find a parking space. We usually stay at the Disney parks until they close and when we get back to the resort all the spaces are taken. We have had to park far from our building and walk.

We have stayed here 3 different times now and will keep coming back. The place is clean and has plenty of space for my family to fit comfortably. I love how close it is to Disney World. There is plenty of places to shop and eat close to the resort as well so you never have to go far. The pillows on the bed are awesome and Super comfortable. Overall a great place to stay when you want to get away. My kids play at the playgrounds and it's nice and relaxing to lay in the hammocks by the water. Would recommend to anyone.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The place looks kind of raw from the outside but the closer you get the better it is. The room was huge and amazing for the price. Me and my wife had a wedding across the lake and took a boat exit to this resort. The whole thing was amazing and well worth the price.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

Staff were friendly and informative. The apartments were clean, plenty of space. You are near to all attractions and shops. A relaxing environment and would visit again

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

nothing within walking distance and entrance to hotel from main road needed to be marked much better

Relaxed atmosphere and huge well equipped apartment

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Nothing at all.

It is a beautifull resort, quiet and with an exceĺlent locations. Apartments are very comfortable. This is our second time there and we will defenitelly come back when visiting Disney World again.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Beautiful 3 bed room and 3 bath with full kitchen. Great lakeside views. Activities for the whole family including 2 beautiful pools and a beach theme mini golf. Great place to stay.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment

I regret I didn't have a longer vacation to enjoy everything in the resort, the relaxing atmosfere and the pleasant environment.

As a family with two children we had an excelent sejour at this resort. The photos on the website does not reflect the exact condition of the appartments and facilities. The reality is more than you expect. The front desk personnel is very polite and helpfull. The appartment is really large, clean and quiet, the kitchen is very well equipped. Everything is "inviting" you to have la longer stay or to come back.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

Little tiny ants in master bathroom. But it's Florida and a hurricane just passed so I'm sure the resort was not aware of it.

So many activities for everyone young and old alike! Comfortable bed and sheets! Pillows are LARGE and fluffy!

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

They have a lot of amenities and if you are looking for the perfect place to stay with a big family of not its still so perfect. Confy beds, plenty of space and if you are not going to the parks you still have plenty to do beautiful property. Love it will definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Price is a little bit high

Nice hotel with a nice view and facilities little bit old but every thing is wonderful The lake , ducks , swimming pool , mini golf ...etc staff was helpful location was great near every where

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

NO RESTAURANT! Didn't realize until we got there. Really need a car there since there aren't any restaurants within walking distance. Fine if you have car and get to grocery store, which we did when our friends arrived with the car. Little market next to front desk has a few things. TINY GYM AND NO BENCH! Cardio equipment good, just too small for any kind of weights exercise and no spot for mat or bench.

Staff very friendly and helpful! Unit was great, and received upgrade from 2-bed to 3-bed to accommodate our request for view and updated unit. Good location near the strip and Disney etc.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

Washer /dryer combo was defective.

Loved the size of the condo and ability to comfortably sleep 6 people. The pools and recreation areas are wonderful.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Nothing to dislike. It was lovely.

The staff were lovely the went out of their way to help us. !

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

No wall rail near tub or shower.

Large space

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Great place to stay with family and friends. Highly recommended. Great location to visit Disney parks.

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

Everything was absolutely amazing. I have no complaints.

Everything was okay

I like the location of my room and the view will be back soon

Comfort

• One-Bedroom Apartment

traffic in orlando i ridiculous!

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

I wish it had a restaurant on property. And pool service.

It was quiet and peaceful just what I needed.