Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport-Brier Creek 3 stars

8021 Arco Corporate Drive, Raleigh, NC 27617, USA

#2 of 68 hotels in Raleigh

My son got bed bug bites all up and down his arms. The hotel still is neglecting any bugs and has not refunded any money. He knows exactly what they look like, he has gotten them before.

Breakfast was good. Staff was friendly.

• Double Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

There was a younger staff member watching my granddaughter by the pool area. I mentioned it at front desk and they claim it only looks like you are looking from where he was. Amazingly he left as soon as I made her move from his view.

Everything nice overall.

Female Concierge needed a bit more training on how to be more pleasant and patient with patrons. However, The help in the pantry were very friendly and helpful. Went out of their way to be accommodating.

Convience and accesibility of shopping malls and proximity to family homes

As stated above.

Everything was great but you really need an experienced bartender! The gentleman working had no idea for mixed drinks. I was charged for a mixed drink on the happy hour drinks, while the couple sitting to my left never paid for anything! $8.00 for a drink that was on the drink cards???!!!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

We’ve stayed at this property many times and have been very happy however this time somehow our reservation didn’t arrive from Booking.com and had it not been for the confirmation email not sure what would have happened. So we were put on the 5 th floor where the rooms were being renovated. Lots of debris in the hallway and noise from the workers. It was not a pleasant stay but was thankful that we had a room for the night.

Staff was not very personal.

I called the day before to ask about airport shuffle. The guy who answered was very short and it was like I interrupted his conversation.

We had the best experience! We were in town to see the national tour of Bright Star and decided to make it a little mini vacation. Our stay here was wonderful. The staff of extremely helpful and friendly. Everything felt very clean and new, from the lobby to the bathroom. The complementary breakfast was great! Lots of different choices from fruit to doughnuts. We couldn’t have asked for a better place to stay!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Pillows need to be more firm, didn't sleep well at all. Woke up with a crick in my neck.

Room was comfortable and roomy. Breakfast was better than expected. Staff were wonderful.

• Double Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room was next to the elevator and stairs and all night all I heard was doors slamming and elevators. It was loud enough to wake me several times each night.

The room itself was fine, except the toilet which made a loud noise when you sat down. It needs to be fixed. Room 320

The pillows were a bit flat.

The continental breakfast was excellent- great variety! And we stayed for an anniversary trip- the staff brought us complimentary treats to our room which was so sweet and above and beyond.

See above.

The bed was very comfortable! The room and facilities could not have been nicer. Breakfast was great too, although directions for use of the waffle maker would have been good. We’ll stay there again!!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Had a very bad experience. We booked for 5 and they wouldn't let 5 people to stay in their rooms. They rejected to offer an extra bed for the 5th person.

Breakfast was good

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The telephone did not work in the room and was unable to call to desk. My spouse had to physically go to speak with them.

The shuttle to the airport and breakfast included in the rate of the room.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Need a vent in the bathroom so mirror doesn’t fog up during showers. Both chairs in the room had arms - would be nice to have one chair without arms to accommodate larger sized patrons.

Bed was comfy, staff was very nice

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Traveled from out of town for NC State football game. Called Hampton to insure they were holding the room until after 9:00 PM. Shelby insured me there was no problem and remembered me when I checked in. Great breakfast the next morning.

Wonderful friendly staff met me at the Hampton after a brief 8 min shuttle from the airport! I arrived early for my hotel reservation and was surprised when they immediately ushered me to my room--(was it the weariness in my expression?)--a very clean spacious king with a kitchen corner! I could have had a party! It's located in an ideal location for taking short strolls to the many restaurants and shops of Brier Creek and stopping in at Barnes and Noble for some coffee and Gigi for a homemade supreme cupcake and for browsing at Home Goods. Don't worry about forgetting to pack something, it's all easily found at Brier Creek. Tell the desk if you request a shuttle. For me, after a 6:00am breakfast, it was time to rolll into the convenient airport shuttle. Yes, I love Raleigh and the walkability of the neighborhood of Brier Creek, the staff and the location, I will definitely return. Thank you for being my rescue from Irma.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Maybe a little restaurant would be a great addition.

Very clean and beds were comfortable. The lobby was just as comfortable with a Large TV over fireplace. The complementary breakfast had a large variety of food from make your own waffles, scrambled eggs, donuts etc.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Two receptionists have no customer service qualities. The fruits during breakfast are not fresh. On of the bed was low and not comfortable.

Clean bathroom. Wonderful housekeeping service. And good breakfast

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed pillows were pretty poor - no support. But I brought my own anyway, which I am glad I did! Bathroom needed an exhaust fan to help clear mirrors.

Breakfast provided was very good for an "included" breakfast. Almost anything you could have expected was provided. Bathroom had plenty of counter-top space which was definitely needed (there were 3 of us).

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Grateful to have airport shuttle, but driver on 8/3 did not get out to help with luggage.

Loved the comfort of the bed. There were variety of choices for breakfast.

I didn't like ... hmmmm nothing!

Nice wine shop nearby. Great breakfast set up. Clean rooms and halls. Pictures beside your room with your room numbers to identify the room ( ours was a cowboy hat). Nice touch since all the rooms look the same. Fresh flowers out on credenzas...nice staff that greeted you every time you walked by.

Bench out front for smokers when it was raining. Chlorine in pool area was very strong.

The people were extremely nice. The room was very clean and tidy. The breakfasts were very good.

The pool area was over powering of chlorine there for my children and I were not able to swim :( Other than this the hotel was great!!

Breakfast and close to airport and shopping center.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Enjoyed my entire experience.

The walkway leading to the shopping center and the coffee tasting fresh all day.. staff was very helpful with local places to eat and enjoy the town.

the bed....did not like the bed.....it slept warm all night....even after cranking down ac to 65 and removing the top cover......can not stay there again until that is remedied

did not eat

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The only complaint we had was that the hot water available for hot tea always tasted like coffee. Disappointed we couldn't enjoy our cups of tea.

We truly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Excellent staff. Location at Briar Creek was wonderful. Also impressed on how clean they kept the hotel.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Everything was good.

The staff was very helpful. I have stayed at many hotels and this hotel had the best breakfast ever. I will be staying here again.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We had blonde hair throughout the room. In bed & bathroom. Also, no fridge or microwave. Didn't think to ask, in advance because any room that we've stayed in, has had those amenities. Totally, thought it was beyond disgusting to have coffee machine/drink items, in the close door bathroom. You should never you eat/cook & do your business in the same spot. I couldn't even enjoy the coffee option in the room, out of pure disgust. For the size of the hotel, pool pretty small. Over crowded. Breakfast was no great for a diabetic(allergic to dairy, pineapple & eggs). Noise from neighboring teens/young adults throughout hallway late at night.

The staff was great. They're the reason I didn't feel the need to complain. They helped continually throughout the stay. Neat appearance thought th hotel. Very knowledgeable staff about the surrounding area. Willingness to help was assume. I love the option to get coffee/tea/hot cocoa & fruit/snack, in lobby at all times.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• Double Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

courteous staff, very clean facility, free coffee in the lobby , shuttle service is efficient, great breakfast, waffle is the best!!! Michele Leighton and staff awesome job !!!!!!

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It was very convenient to the highway and shops. The checkin and checkout was easy and quick. I appreciate there were drinks, snacks, ice and the office shop to get refreshments.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

There was no microwave or refrigerator in the room, which may or may not be an issue for others - it was disappointing for me. Also the location description is very misleading - it is not part of Brier Creek... and while technically, it is within walking distance, it is further away than I expected and walking alone after dark does not feel safe.

The Shuttle driver was awesome, making the trip from the airport a breeze. The bed was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was decent - cause bacon dust still tastes good. Right?

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

When I arrived and checked into my room, the previous guests luggage and personal items were still in the room. Thank goodness I didn't walk into an awkward situation. Also I found the bed very comfortable but the pillows (as usual) are too soft and don't offer any support.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Double Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The pool had too strong chlorine. The prices in the Sweet Shop were a little high.

The spacious room and bathroom, and comfy bed! Breakfast had a variety and was delicious! Staff was very friendly!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

All staff members were friendly and courteous, location was great, our room was spotless, and the breakfast was very good. We loved the complimentary cookies at the front desk.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

The pillows weren't very comfortable.

The breakfast was so good they had something for everyone ! I enjoyed the scrambled Eggs and sausage and the coffee was better than what I had at Starbucks !!!

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The pool had such a high chlorine content just being in the room hurt my eyes. I didn't even try getting in the water.

The shuttle service took me to pick up my to go dinner! I was very impressed with that service.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The front desk could not provide me with a receipt at checkout due to booking online. I must have the receipt to receive reimbursement for travel and will not use booking.com for reservations if they cannot provide one.

Great location, close to lots of restaurants.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

It's poor to serve breakfast on paper plates and in paper mugs. No big variety too chose among for breakfast. The rest of the hotel was great.

Kingbeds are fantastic. Rooms we were given were large and comfortable.

One of our rooms smelled of cigarette smoke.

Conveniently located near the airport. Superb staff and excellent breakfast

every thing especially the staff.

th e property was pretty the staff very good , and friendly.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Needed a bigger indoor pool

Good food

Very friendly and courteous staff, something rare these days!

EVERYTHING WAS JUST WONDERFUL

EVERYTHING

Everything was great. No complaints

The bed was extremely comfortable. Room was large and clean

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Plates for breakfast were paper plates!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Indoor pool was freezing cold

Comfortable

The breakfast

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Cold coffee in the lobby early this am.

It was very comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Bed and Pillows

I came during renovation time.

The staff

Bed could have been cleaner

The breakfast was amazing! The indoor pool was temperature right

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

All staff very friendly and eager to help. Breakfast bar was great, on the go breakfast bags were good too!!

Na

Loss signal to tv due to storm.

2nd door card did not work

Great brkfast

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Having to fill out this survey to get my receipt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything.

everything!!!!!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The location was great! Very close to shopping and dining.

The fact that I had to leave

The customer service was top notch

Excellent facility

Shower head was bad

The staff

• Double Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Courteous friendly staff in the lobby! It was as I nice that hot drinks were always available, and there is a fireplace.

Near airport with free shuttle. Nice breakfast. Walking distance to shopping

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not having a mini-fridge.

Staff was polite, rooms were clean, beds were comfortable.

Nice size room, nice size bathroom

none

room service good customer service good location shuttle service to airport

The ice bucket,glasses, coffee, and coffee maker location. It's in the bathroom. That does not seem sanitary.

Room clean and comfortable.

• Double Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The space for food was a little tight and food was bland but hey it was free!

The room was huge and bed was comfy

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The pillows were to low for me

The hotel was very nice the room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

Friendly staff and great accommodations!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything about this hotel was amazing

The hotel was very clean and up to date. The buffet breakfast was amazing.

Rooms and view was terrible

Beautiful hotel