Reviews of Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport 3 stars

1177 Airport Boulevard , Burlingame, CA 94010, USA

#9 of 11 hotels in Burlingame

no breakfast for the rate I was paying and rude shuttle driver as I previously mentioned and also even though I had requested an early check in, the room wasn't ready and I was exhausted from my international flight.

The shuttle was on time. It was a quick ride. However, even though I tipped the driver, he didn't help me get the suitcases off the street where he drove up. He had time just was lazy. Shouldn't have tipped him. Another thing was that for the price I paid, it should have included breakfast. Much lower rate hotels include breakfast so I was a bit disappointed. Also I had requested an early check in(one hour early) but the room wasn't ready and I had specially said that I came off a long long flight and would be very tired. I ended up going to my room at the usual check in time. Very disappointed. It's only saving thing was that it was close to the airport and I had an early flight the next morning. The shuttle starts at 3:00 a.m.!

They might help to do with a little refurb as everything has some age behind it now. Still clean and nice to stay.

Good location, easy to get too. Nice run area with map.

Ehh the hotel restaurant isn’t not anything special. Most of it looks/tastes like microwave food. Great place to get drunk though, and very few people bothered me while I was there.

Had an airport shuttle I was grateful to use.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

This hotel was way too expensive for the quality. The beds were nice, but the staff was rude. I was standing and waiting to be helped at the counter and they just stared at me. I booked this hotel because it looked, via the pictures that the indoor pool was pretty large. It was not. And the hot tub was brown. I don’t think hot tubs are supposed to be that color. There was nobody managaing the pool and at one point a group of 15 kids came in, and the pool limit was 15. This was definitely not worth the price.

The beds were comfortable.

• Executive Double Room

The view. The room was freezing when we got there.

Great bed, TV and quiet. Loved the shower!! View terrible and staff okay. Coffee good. Shuttle only a few minutes late. All in all, just fine.

• Room Selected at Check-In

The staff is very unfriendly and barefaced. We booked two rooms each with two separate Queen-size beds. By arrival we got “the last available room” for disabled with one bed and the room was very small. The manager on duty was extremely unfriendly and told as, the hotel does not have rooms with queen-size beds. We showed the pictures from our printed booking presenting such a room. She told us that this is not her problem and should be a mistake of booking.com and we need to clarify it there. Unbelievable!! After long discussion we finally got a room with king-size bed (even she should not have any free room more ??)

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Front desk rep was not attentive at arrival. Room was not very clean. Food at the hotel restaurant was average but waiter kept disappearing. Breakfast is expensive. The facilities are very old. I stayed here because of work training but I don’t recommend this hotel at all.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was not free, desk clerk when checking in was rude, radio and television in room were not up to date, channel selection on television was extremely limited, parking was not free

• Queen Room

Main issues of concern were the charges for parking without any information stating so on booking.com. I've never paid to park my car at any of the many hotels I've stayed at. The toilet ran off and on. I need to call the front desk twice to have someone reset the TV. I must say, the staff was incredibly helpful.

The room was nice and the bed comfortable. The bathroom was the same size as the room.

Convenient to the airport (obviously). Shuttle service was great. There is a delicious casual restaurant called New England Lobster Market & Eatery just a quick drive down the road. Go there.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Very difficult to operate the television. No microwave, or refrigerator in the room. There was a smell of mildew in the hallway on the floor my room was on.

The shuttle, and comfortable bed were excellent. I would come back just for that reason.

No microwave in the room and breakfast isn’t complimentary.

Hotel let me check out late since I came in late. They also held my luggage after I checked out until I left later in the day for the airport. Staff was very polite and hotel was very clean and presentable.

Shuttle was going to leave. We were waiting in lobby. No one told us we had to wait outside. My wife went outside and asked and we luckily caught shuttle we wanted

Got airport shuttle.

• Queen Room

No hot water. The front desk informed me the boiler was not working, so the entire hotel was affected. They barely offered up an apology and offered no compensation or quick remedy.

Clean, comfortable, and free airport shuttle

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The attitude at the front desk as I was checking in regarding a family from Spain and their 4 daughters.....it was an unpleasant example of unkindness

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hidden charges parking $24 breakfast $20 a person there is no free continental breakfast

1st of all they don't tell you they charged $24 A-day to park. 2nd the breakfast is $20 a person the room they put us in was one of their worst ones bathroom door would not even shut Room looked like it hadn't been painted and 10 years Asked for a Bay and airport view was given a room on the 3rd floor overlooking the roof Will never stay there again

i didnt like that the breakfast bufet was almost 20 dollars and yet there was so much missing. there was only 4 things to choose from n there was noone out there looking to see what was needed to bring out again.

• Queen Room

There is no entertainment around this area unless you have a car, difficult to find a meal, grocery stores, etc.

Room is spacious, clean. basically a 3-4 star hotel's property.

• Queen Room

I did not like that they do not mention the 50 dollar fee per night and also u have to pay for parking everyday u are there. 26 dollars each day! 32 just wasted on parking this weekend.

I liked the pool and hot tub and location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Last stop after a long trip. Just stay overnight for next day flight back home. Very convenient to airport with shuttle every 15 minutes. Clean and comfortable room. Very friendly staff.

• Executive Double Room

You are close to the takeoff end of runway and planes are noisy until late at night. Booking.com didn't inform me of the $25 parking fee added to my room. Not expected for a non-city hotel. I was told my final price would be $174, but it was $200, and this price for an place to sleep for one person before flying out the next morning was a bit steep for me. The extra charge would have been a deal breaker had I known.

Comfortable room and bed.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel shuttle was VERY late. The last shuttle before midnight never arrived. Another female guest waiting rang the hotel, and was told it would be a few minutes. After 30 minutes waiting, I rang. The shuttle then arrived 10 minutes later. Lots of unhappy hotel guests (10 of us boarded at the various stops, and another stated that they had been waiting 45 minutes). Particularly dangerous at night. I arrived at the hotel just before 1am, after arriving at the shuttle stop at 23:50. Room lighting was dim.

Bed was comfortable

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The front desk person at night was inefficient. My key card did not work at the parking lot repeatedly even after they apparently kept reprogramming the key card and my request for late check out was not noted on my account. Then on the day of our check out, I was relaxing thinking we still have about an hour before checking out, we received a phone call from the lady at the front desk rudely telling me that our check out time was at noon. Upon telling her that I had requested for a late check out upon checking in, she said there was nothing on the account but she will note it and that I have until 2 pm and after that I will be charged extra. We checked out shortly after since there was no point relaxing anymore. Will definitely avoid staying in this hotel in the future!

The servers at the West Bay restaurant were all very accommodating and friendly. Almost made up for the bad experience we had with the front desk staff and valet. It’s a good thing my 7 yr old daughter enjoyed the pool. We came here to celebrate her birthday weekend to relax and enjoy.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I am a Hotel member and was offered no upgrades. The hotel was not full. I had asked when I booked my room for extra coffee and a extra robe. I had to call down to the front desk to get both. That is the 2nd time when I have made reservations ahead I have had to call down and get them myself. Ate at the restaurant twice and there was no one in there. They said it was so slow because the Holidays were over. I had me and my 3 grandsons. Why are you not giving out coupons to Hotel members to promote them?

Pool and hot tub. Shuttle to downtown Burlingame.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

over-priced for what we received. Maintenance gent had to come to room to fix lights and TV that died in middle of a movie

comfy bed. Nice pool. Shuttle was free, frequent and right on time.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Happy Hour featured 'House Cocktails' for $6.00 but it wasn't clarified that simply meant a shot of liquor and ice........nothing even as simple as a Manhattan was available at that price. Happy Hour food appetizers were good; fairly priced and good quantity.

House keeping needs improvement. In a three-day stay liners for the ice bucket were not replaced, articles from a previous occupant were left on the floor, and a small pile of trash was left in the hallway just outside the door to my room. The televisions are old and cheap.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I think my biggest complaint is I think it’s ridiculous to pay this much money for a room and have to pay for parking as well. For that reason I would not stay here again .

The staff was very friendly and the bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Somebody else booked this hotel for us and that person was going to pay when we got to the hotel the Guy who works there told us that we needed a credit card with an ID we Porive that to him and we told him that we weren't going to be paying with a card because somebody booked it for us. Well he insisted that we needed a credit card in my understanding is when somebody else books for you you don't need to give a credit card. Now they charge the person Who booked us and we could charge so double charge . While in the room the bathroom was dirty I don't know the cleaning with bleach but he had mold on the sink we found pubic hair in the tub .. they need to do a better job of cleaning the bathrooms .

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

The hotel was freezing cold everywhere - even the staff were wearing scarves and body warmers because they were so cold. I went outside into the sunshine to warm up. There were loads of staff around during breakfast but the service was terrible. No-one seemed to be responsible for front of house

The bed was comfortable

For the price-nothing

The hotel is definately value for money The room was immaculate, the shower hot, the staff lovely, and goid terrific West Bay Rest v v good ( thanks Julio)

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Lobby was a little dirty with trash left on tables. Maid staff was pushy and tried to turn the room even though we were still in it.

Clean rooms and comfortable beds.

Overnight parking was my only issue. Steep price considering I need to my park my car somewhere, but I get it, the parking area seems small.

Sweetest staff, very accommodating. Very clean, and the pillows were amazing!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our reservation includes free breakfast buffet. We stayed two nights here and only the first day offered breakfast buffet. The buffet was closed on the second day. We were asked to order from the menu but it is pricy and the portion is small. The parking is $23 per day not $20 as originally stated on Booking.com.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Over prized room. Had to pay self parking of $23 a night. Not even a bottle of water in the room. No coffee making service in room. Not even grab and go breakfast provided

Bed was comfortable and toiletries were of good quality

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The mattress was very hard and the pillows very plump and stiff, though I have a sensitive neck and strong preferences towards bedding.

The room was very clean and spacious.

Everything was great for me.

This place was great. The staff was really friendly and super helpful, the suite was perfect, the bar and restarurant were pretty good, the airport shuttle was extremely helpful to get to San Francisco via BART (way cheaper than a taxi or Uber). I cannot find anything wrong with my accommodation here.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Your Service which was no service at all !!!! Never contact me or my email again #!%@**$#

I would never recommend your services to anyone ever again !!!!!!!

• Queen Room

When I arrived they indicated they didn’t have my booking through booking.com had to sit in lobby 30 minutes for this situation to be resolved. The second day my room not cleaned. I called front desk at 6:30 pm they said they would send someone up to clean they never arrived that day. While checking out there was a difference between bill and price I committed to pay at booking.com. The employee saying they didn’t charge me tax when my booking from booking. Com indicated they had charged tax. The hotel bill was about $ 100.00 higher. I had to leave hotel without situation being resolved as I had to catch flight. I was later emailed bill with right amount. Overall customer service extremely poor.

The room was nicely decorated.

Always could cost less !

William at the front desk is friendly and extremely helpful. He loves the lagoon running trail which goes right past the hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel is located near to the airport and offers a free shuttle bus service which is very convenient if you arrive late and after a long-haul trip.

Very hard to use the bath/shower water-control knob. No microwave in rooms--only one microwave in lobby... but we were on 10th floor so that was quite inconvenient. Had to pay $23.just for parking which is fine, but they should advertise that extra fee in advance on the booking.com site. Breakfast not included and restaurant was not open certain hours. We had to eat somewhere else.

Respectful, professional and friendly staff was by far the best thing about our visit. Liked having the rolling luggage cart to transport our suitcases & bags. The view was good. The rooms were quiet, temperature just right. Nice comfortable bed and very nice, large flat screen TV. Very clean room and bathroom.

Your shuttle service is erratic. Both times we stayed at the hotel in the last month we had to wait an excessive amount of time for the shuttle

Hotel is fine we continue to use it when we lay over in in SFO

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool and spa area could do with an upgrade, probably not done due to overseas/absent owner. Didn't use it.

Really impressed with the food, lunch and dinner but especially dinner. Slow ribs, steak, chicken wings and more. Great cooks! Bar and hotel staff really know their jobs, they were excellent as due to the location of the hotel being close to airport, they had a lot of last minute disrupted passengers. You can't staff for that so they worked fast to service everyone.

Small bedrooms. No assistance with suitcases on arrival or departure. The hotel appeared to be short staffed

Dinner in the restaurant was good but over priced. Airport shuttle good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

but no restautrant or surpermarket nearby. U have to drive to anywhile, while i do have walked across the bridge to the pizzara in about 15 mins. By night it is too dark and no body is walking so a bit scary.

Friendly staff at the front desk, nearby airport , free shuttle bus, room facility is good, and comfortble.

• Executive King Room

The restaurant has a very limited menu and the food is not great. The food is also rather pricey for the quality and when they do have happy hour specials on food, the popular choices are not available.

Friendly Staff and nice rooms. Very clean and comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I did not like the noise from the airport.

I did like the fact that this hotel was very close to the airport, however, on the other hand it was a bit noisy.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was solicited by a transvestite who followed me to my car. When leaving parking lot, we were stuck and not able to get out for a great amount of time due to parking rail not going up. Took a long time before any attendant would come and let several cars out.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The shower & tub taps were not very easy to use, had to phone the front desk for help to turn on the taps so I could have a shower.

Close to airport,walking paths along the bay.

Old nasty carpet

The man who initially checked me in...very nice but he gave me a room with the view of a roof on 2nd floor. I did request to be moved.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

My room which I reported to the reception the floor was not properly cleaned. Also I think that you should have en option for people who are allergic to feather pillows. The resturant food was overpriced for the amount of food received. Otherwise I was quite satisfied with the front desk and service.

The hotel was nice, location to and from airport great. Front desk personnel very pleasant.

Old building, located next to the highway Staff seemed to be poorly trained in comparison to other crowne plaza hotels Breakfast was typical american breakfast, quality was below average (to what we got within our 4 weeks of travel)

Airport shuttle makes it easy to get there from the airport/to the airport Room itself was quiet and comfy Got a late check out (13:00)

The entrance isn't as inviting as I would hope, but the staff is nice and pleasant.

Shuttle to and from the airport Nice and friendly staff Nice view

I had asked for a wake-up by someone knocking on the door as I am hard of hearing an d probably would have missed the call. No-one came. I had put the breakfast order form o the outside of the door, no breakfast arrived. The people at the desk did not feel helpful or welcoming.

it was an OK place to stay near the airport and the shuttle was on time

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was this little card on the table encouraging guests to text a number for any question instead of calling the front desk. But I texted with no answer and went to the front desk and the clerk had no clue what was that texting about and asked why didn't I call? Poor training, lack of consistency, and non-apologetic. Breakfast buffet was not that good and seating was really slow. No sign to hurry up even there was a line forming. The space at front door is too small for cars to turn around and the parking attendants were not very eager to help.

Clean and fresh.

There was construction going on which wasn't relaxing, my room was in need of a remodel, the plumbing fixtures were becoming corroded which made the bath less than pleasant, and bed was uncomfortable. I'm not sure why I'm writing this, I doubt anyone reads them.

The restaurant was decent, friendly service and good food.

I had to return to the front desk 3 times before I received a room key that could unlock the door. Also the parking lot exit bar was stuck in the down position so cars could not exit the parking lot. Overall, the facility was threadbare.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parked for less than 24 hrs and was charged for 2 days. Why would a hotel charge for parking to begin with? Rates higher than the airport? RIPOFF, that's why.

I was disappointed that my reward points were not accepted because I did not book through the hotel directly

The rooms have all been renovated. The amenities the snacks and the staff were all very good. Check in was quick. The restaurant was good as well and the staff at the restaurant were excellent

I originally booked a king room and was switched to a queen room without anyone telling me or asking if it was ok. I had problems with the key to the original room and that's when I was given a different room. Parking pass was not working, I had to in and out of the parking lot for work and every time I had trouble and had to call for help. I stopped by front desk to make them aware. They reset the key only to continue to have same issues. Not worth the money specially to be in a very nice area. Will not be staying here anymore

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The lift was noisy and kept us awake all night.

The staff were friendly, a complimentary shuttle was provided to the airport. The room was comfortable and clean although the lift was very noisy and kept us awake all night.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It is starting to date a little and location is very imdistrial looking next to the highway but nice enough on the inside including pool area to make up for it.

The staff were very friendly.

Price for parking was too high and the card didn't read and we had to get the card reprogrammed to park our car on site.

Ice machine ran out of for 3 days on the 8th floor. It was an inconvenience for my boyfriend to get ice on the 7th floor. Other than that, all was great.

shuttle service - not on the time schedule mentioned and when asking about the shuttle you get 'it's every 15 minutes' and that's it.

bed was comfortable room was air conditioned almost all of the staff was friendly, there was one young lady that was a bit of a snot

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff asked me if they should email the invoice to my email instead of giving me a hard copy to which I said Yes. It has almost been a month and I've not received an invoice from the hotel. Secondly, staff was very cold and boring.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It is an airport hotel as it is stated in a name, therefore cannot be expected more than that. Pool does not look attractive for a swim as it is presented in a picture.

It is a convinient hotel to stay overnight before or after flying. Free shuttle to and from San Francisco airport is a benefit. Breakfast can be added to your stay for $20 per adult.

• Room Selected at Check-In

When I called for the shuttle I couldn't understand the man who was telling me the information. He had an accent and spoke very fast. When I asked him to repeat the information about four times he slowed his speech and I could understand him.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The shower was a little difficult to figure out.

I liked that the staff did their best to get the room ready early. WE needed a rest after a cross-country trip.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Had to wait 20 minutes on hold when we arrived at the airport to inquire about the shuttle. No apology or explanation for the wait. The breakfast was disappointing and expensive. Coffee was nothing fancy and the eggs were not cooked.

Close to the airport

The room was so noisy we couldn't sleep !!! Near the elevators that kept going up all night long !!!

It was close to the airport and easy with the shuttle

Rude front desk staff. The room key cards didn't work for 2 days - I kept having to go back down to the lobby and have someone escort me to my room to open the door. There is no way to turn around in the lobby's front entrance if you're driving and not parking in the lot. You have to back your car out and turn around. $20 per day self-parking fee is REDICULOUS. Why would you charge me $20 to park my own car? That's like walking into a restaurant and they charge me for my meal but I have to go cook it myself. I was given a handicap room with no bathroom door and wasn't told before hand.

Clean bed.

• Executive Double Room

Beginning with Christina at the front desk, this was the best hotel airport I have ever stayed in (and I've stayed in them all). The restaurant was great, the beds were fantastic, the bathroom was lovely, everything was perfect.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It just took 45+ min to find out the exact exit to reach the Hotel. Construction work was going on, exit were closed, at least I was expecting the hotel guys will inform us how to reach the hotel as road construction was going on. We tried calling them, but their answers even misguided us. Finally we found out the way to reach the hotel.

• Executive Double Room

Front desk personnel are not very friendly and seem to be just going the motion according to their manners. They are the opposite of the front door persons and the room maintenance cleaners who were very courteous and approachable. No microwave. Parking fees were not declared at time of booking. And parking lot is full after 9 pm. Had issues finding parking after 11 pm.

Rooms were clean and well stocked.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was assigned a room that was not cleaned and ready for occupancy. ( key didn't work, room not ready, too long to get to a new room ) Once the front desk got that straightened out everything was great.

Beds were awesome