Reviews of Tranquilo A North Beach Village Resort Hotel 3 stars

2909 Vistamar Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304, USA

#81 of 131 hotels in Fort Lauderdale

The location was great.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

The floors in our suite were filthy. You could see dirt build up on the tile floors around the furniture, corners and base boards. We had to wash our feet after walking on floors. The furniture was cheap and showed much wear and tear. No art work. Felt like we were in a hospital room Very bland.

The location was great. The size of the room was great and having a full kitchen

Cute Boutique Hotel close to the Beach! We loved it!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I really have nothing negative to say about this hotel. It really exceeded my expectations.

Check in was a breeze and the gentleman that checked us in was very friendly and even escorted us to our room. He also gave us a little map and checked off places to eat and shop all within walking distance of the hotel. The property is 2-3 blocks from the beach so it's an easy walk if you want to grab some sun on the beach instead of by the pool. We had a double Queen room with kitchenette. The room was spacious, comfortable and had enough kitchen supplies to cook our meals. The addition of the BBQ grill by the pool was a huge plus because one night we grilled steaks and they came out fabulous! The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom had all the supplies we needed for a comfortable stay. The only issue we had was with the AC as it wasn't cooling the room properly. I am listing this under this section rather than the negative section because the hotel management went above and beyond to help us with this problem. They first offered to move us to another room, but that room was on the second floor and one person in our party could not climb stairs, they then offered to put use in two rooms but we would lose the kitchenette that we wanted. So to accommodate us, they went out and purchased a floor fan for us to use along with the AC. That made a world of difference and the temperature remained comfortable for the remainder of our stay. I cannot say enough of how friendly and accommodating the staff were to us.

Really loved our stay at Tranquilo - perfect place in a perfect location with friendly staff

We really enjoyed our stay at Tranquilo. The motel is quiet and clean and well appointed. The room was spacious and the bed big was super comfortable. We used the BBQ facilities at the hotel poolside which meant we could buy our food from the nearby Publix and cook for ourselves. The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. A huge THANK YOU to Matthew who helped us to get back our phone when we left it on the back seat of our taxi from the airport. Next time we are in Fort Lauderdale we will stay at Tranquilo again. Thank you!

I WILL BE BACK!! :)
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I LOVED everything!!! You have the best staff!! Everyone that worked the Labor Day weekend, especially Matthew, were so courteous and helpful, made us feel so welcome. Answered all of our questions, and didn't make us feel like we were bothering them! I needed that little vacation, and you guys made it perfect........Thank you

A few days in Florida
    • King Studio

There were some tiny little insects in the room, mainly near the coffee maker, but other than that everything was good. Car parking charges seem a little unnecessary, but I imagine most hotels charge in the area.

The room was clean and tidy with everything we needed. The pools were lovely and the sun loungers very comfy. Only a 5 minute walk to the beach and a pleasant walk to the many restaurants and bars.

Nice hotel with large rooms, multiple pools and near by the...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Additional Parking fee seems a little bit over the top because price per night was already pretty high

Nice hotel with large rooms, multiple pools and near by the beach

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

This must have been our 7th stay at the Tranquilo, never disappoints! This time was exceptional!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room size, location, 2 pools, front desk staff were awesome, especially Matthew & Jacqui! They really took good care of us - always smiling, helpful & super accommodating.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

everything.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

everything. This was a last minute emergency booking and the staff bent over backwards to accommodate us. The room was fantastic- an apartment . Great value for money and close to the beach

Nice getaway
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

The only thing I didn't like was one of the pools could've used a cleaning. Many small items floating in pool but luckily there is multiple pools, so we just used the other ones instead.

Staff made us feel welcomed and housekeeping came by daily as long as you didnt have your do not disturb sign up. Our room was nice, had plenty of dishes to use. We had a queen suite with the kitchen. Close to the beach and awesome restaurants and shops. Quiet location.

Good overall

See above

Miguel did a great welcoming service! Blankets were absent and appearance of lack of attention to details by cleaners (found remote control under mattress).

It was decent. Just. Few improvements. Amenities were good.
    • King Studio

No hot water for shower, ants in the bathroom and had to wait about 7 minutes for someone to drive over and check me in, while I was outside, alone late at night. Wasn't happy about that.

Open plan and spacious room

Hidden Gem in Ft. Lauderdale

My only complaint is that there are no blinds on the windows. It might not have been such an issue had I been in a room on the upper level, but I had to keep the blackout curtains closed for privacy which made the room incredibly dark during the day. It would have been nice to take advantage of the natural sunlight without having to worry about people potentially seeing inside my room.

The staff at Tranquilo went above and beyond to help make my stay as enjoyable as possible. Special mention to Matt at front desk for making my check-in experience so lovely (much needed after a long morning of travelling!) As an added bonus, the location can't be beat. Being able to wake up and basically step right onto the beach was a definite highlight. Everything else was within walking distance or a short drive away.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Very close to the beach and Galleria mall
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

I stay in the first room of the building and the outside light remain on all night long and the blinds were not enough to block the light . So that was not good . They could also a better quality coffee . The one is the room was very bad and taste like dirty water ...

Very close to the beach and Galleria mall The bed is very comfortable, the sofa on the living room was also great

Matthew, front desk employee was terrific!
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

It carried an old Floridian feel with an updated personality. The area behind all the high risers and busyness of the main beach area was laid back, easy access to everything and offered a great weekend get away! We will definitely stay here again.

Matthew, front desk employee was terrific! Attentive to our needs, friendly and made us feel right at home!

My Wife and I booked a 5 night stay for our Wedding...
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

The 4th of July is crazy in this area. We are talking $100 for parking at other locations. Do not drive on the 4th of July, pay the $10 a day and walk.

My Wife and I booked a 5 night stay for our Wedding Anniversary, and this location did not fail to deliver. The Suite was spacious and clean. When we checked in, we were informed to ask if we needed anything. After getting to the room, there was a knock at the door to ask the same question. I am a born complainer, so I asked for more pots, pans, knives etc...for the kitchenette. Within another 10 minutes, everything was delivered with a smile. The staff at this Hotel are awesome, you just have to ask, and they will do everything they can to make you happy. This hotel is a really cool location for the Beach, but within a 25 minute drive are some awesome Florida experiences. My Wife and I experienced Everglade Tours, River Boat Shows, and just walked to the Gate a block away, and viewed the home of a Famous Artist, Just ask at the Desk who the Artist is...LOL

Overnight stay
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The apartment would have benefited from some mosquito/bug plugs in the room as we got bitten a few times in the one night we were staying. The shelving in the 2nd room was very unstable and nothing could be put on them

Great size apartment with kitchen facilities, good location

Fantastic. Hope to stay next time I'm in Ft. Lauderdale.

The bathroom sink.

I had two lights out, in the dressing area and on one side of my bed. And the sink faucet left a lot to be desired. Still, I felt it was the best hotel I've stayed at in years, especially for the price.

• Queen Studio

Great location. Property was in the middle of all the food restaurants, walking distance from the beach. Great and friendly staff. Room was very clean.

• King Suite

We loved it there. Very clean and friendly, the other tenets were so nice and friendly. We just had an all around great time. Steps away from the Beach it was wonderful.

Wonderful place to stay
    • Executive Studio

Room could have used a few extra towels considering it can fit at least 4 people and there were only 2 towels - we went to the desk and they gave us more towels, no problem.

Check in process was great with Lisa, the room was much bigger than we expected, beds were comfortable, the room and bathroom were both very clean. This place exceeded our expectations! Great value. If we are ever in the Ft. Lauderdale area, we will definitely be back!

Spacious and comfortable, would book again.
    • Queen Studio

The staff were very accommodating, had an issue with my credit card and they reassured me that everything will be find. Matthew was a great help putting me close to a family member who was also staying there.

Great staff, 2 pools, & a grill.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Well the bathroom could use some upgrades. I was on the first floor & I noticed lots of small black bugs on kitchen countertop as well as the bathroom.

Great staff, 2 pools, & a grill.

Nice place for a long stay near the beach
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Unfortunately we found cockroaches in the room twice in 3 days stay. We understand that may happens but it is not pleasant.

Very clear and spacious room, we selected a 2 double bed room with kitchen, people can stay longer, even prepare some meals (kitchen is equipped). Tranquil and near the beach. Staff very very helpful and trouble solver. We needed a late check out and they were very accomodating. Certainly would stay again.

Loved it!!

Water could have been a little hotter.

Great place!! Close to Beach! Staff were wonderful, friendly, and very accomodating!!! Definitely would stay there again!!

Lovely little find. Would thoroughly recommend!
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Staff were great, friendly, helpful, always willing to accommodate. Great apartment, massive, clean, modern. 2 pools, showers outside. Able to self cater to save some cash. Well located for the beach, lots of opportunities to see the sunrise, spotted a dolphin!!! Some restaurants/ eateries & bars around. Felt like a safe location. Tranquil. Cosy hotel with mix of guests from US, Canada, Sweden, Palestine. Met some nice people. Daily maid service, plenty of towels & flannels. No complaints. Thank you for a lovely intro to US & a good stay 😎

The staff were all super nice and accommodating.
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

Room floor needed mopping- did a wet wipe test as I always do.

The staff were all super nice and accommodating. The hotel is so close to the beach but tucked away from the main strip busyness. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was a good size. WiFi and television service kept us occupied at night. Would definitely stay here again. Kitchenette was great and helped us save money by shopping at Publix for our stay. The AC was one of the highlights- cooled us down from the unforgiving Florida heat.

Reasonably priced hotel for a short stay.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Very noisy air con system. Needs black out curtains. $10 a day parking fee. Sofa/bed in main room not very comfortable to sit or sleep on.

Short walk to the beach. Very helpful staff, especially Mathew. Different pools for different sections of the hotel. Quiet area.

Perfect housekeeping.
    • Queen Studio

Consider putting more kitchenware into the apartment. Also be more environmental and consider not running AC and lights in unoccupied apartments 24x7.

Perfect housekeeping. Great location, nice and helpful staff. Very good for families not requiring all inclusive services.

Hotel was in a good location,liked the pool right outside...

Tiled floor in bedroom was sometimes slippy.

Hotel was in a good location,liked the pool right outside the room it is within walking distance from the beach. Public transport was at the end of the road making it easy to get around

Very nice and comfy.

Very nice and comfy. It was raining when my family and I came and due to the rain and others cancelling there reservation, we where able to get an upgrade and my family were able to be close to each other. That was my second time coming and I really enjoyed my stay just like the first time. I give it 5 star.

Place needs maintance
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our room was not very clean, see attached pictures.

The location was great it's only three blocks away from the ocean, and walking distance to restaurants and bars.

We survived!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room wasn't cleaned properly (floor was extremely dirty) and we had to go get towels/stuff for 3 people not two all the time. It was too far from other restaurants and shopping.

The pools!

Overall good hotel, some amenities are gone.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Unfortunately I’m not going to stay at this hotel anymore because the hotel it’s under new management and a lot of the amenities are gone, also the stuff it’s kind a rude.

The hotel it’s clean and in a good location.

Lovely stay and would definitely book again

Having to leave!!!

The location was very good. The staff were all very helpful. I cannot remember all their names but Matthew and Jackie were among the friendly staff we had dealings with. Nothing was too much bother and if we needed anything, they always managed to get it for us.

Very pleasant stay, familiy atmosphere, modern furniture. Very clean and perfect for a beach stay.
    • Studio with Two Queen Beds

there is no breakfast served, but is possible to cook or go to another building to eat.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Plenty of parking spots (not free, but fair). Possibility to explore all the swim pools for other properties, as there are several villages on the streets around. 2 blocks by foot from the beach. We had a big apartment with comfortable beds and full kitchen and dining room. There is as well a spa in another building and a wine bar.

Best place ever!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The friendly way of the place, the good atmosphere. From the beautiful smile when we arrived until when we left. Great personal, always available and willing to help, thanks Miguel, Matthew, Gabriel, Annette and Jackie for the great service and help

Would definitely stay again. Great value for money and great location.
    • Studio with Two Queen Beds

The internet was very slow.

The location was great and was value for money. Room was a great size with two queen beds a sofa, two TV’s and even a kitchen area. Bathroom was small but was clean. The pool areas were great as well. Matthew in reception was great. Was very friendly and helpful. Gave us great information and helped with bags.

Great location, had 2 pools both smaller but one was heated.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bathroom was dirty. I brought it to the front desk attention but when you find used floss in the bathroom, it's disgusting!

Very spacious with full size fridage and frezzer. Had a microwave,sink, and dishes.

Relaxed stay close to beach
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Every thing was great apart from room not cleaned properly on one occasion. When we notified reception they were very apologetic and rectified the problem immediately.

Comfy room and close to the beach

We really enjoyed our stay and highy recommend this resort to any middle of the road kind of people.
    • King Studio

Just needs a fresh coat of paint.

The resort is close to the beach only 3 minutes walk but back far enough to be quiet, little traffic. There was a brand new barbecue outside our door which we took full advantage of. Loved the little kitchenette as well. The staff there was very friendly and accommodating!!

Excellent location near the ocean for excellent price and central to shopping, and resturants.
    • Studio with Two Queen Beds

Take care to ensure the dishes and supplies are adequate for the villa.

I can tell a lot of effort is put in the small details to make our stay pleasant. Appreciated the new appliances and when the room was short on something, the staff was more than happy to accommodate.

It is a nice property, but the maid service was horrible
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

I expected the rooms would be cleaned daily, and to be provided with fresh towel. This only occurred when it was pointed out to the front office or you requested the towels if you saw the maid or went to the front office.

Mirror Image
    • One-Bedroom Suite 1 King 1 Queen

Tranquilo hotel what you see on the website is the same in person, like mirror image the room was clean, staff was wonderful... would I stay there again YES!

• Studio with Two Queen Beds

Bathroom wasn't great. Even a shelf to put our bathroom products in would really help. Also, room was not mopped everyday

Great location. Quiet area close to the beach. We stayed in a 2 queen double with kitchem. Room was big, great value for what we paid

Management went out of its way to help us with some minor...
    • King Studio

Management went out of its way to help us with some minor room issues and was always available -- huge shout out to Matthew who responded to any concern with a smile and immediate action.

Great stay!
    • Queen Studio

Bed was super comfy .Air conditioning fine.Handy to local restaurants,stores,beach etc.. Staff mostly were friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed our stay. Just keep some fruit or snacks handy.

Safe quiet location.
    • King Studio

Nothing. Stay was no frills and perfect for my stay.

Safe quiet location. Clean room. 2 blocks from beach. Same street as bonnet house museum or hugh park. Full kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. 2 air conditioning units in room. Great pool view with ocean. Easily walkable or main bus route 40 or 11 literally 2 min walk. Beach nearby is quiet and secluded. More locals or people visiting from in state. Free beach towels provided during stay

Sleepable

Terrazzo floors were dirty entire room around the edges, mold in shower, one light didn't have a bulb, alarm clock wire was cut, no HD on TV, we basically got up at 7:15 and were gone by 8. Had to pay $10 for parking. In a hotel that is overpriced to start with.

We had a friendly check in. Room was very large, had a nice kitchen that was not in the description of room in website.

It was the perfect weekend getaway! Warm, beautiful, great restaurants, and nice beaches!
    • Queen Studio

I have nothing negative to say. Tranqulio exceeded my expectations!

Great location, beautiful room, and great price! Walking distance to everything and tranquilo staff was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend!

we went for the tortuga music festival and the hotel was the...
    • Studio with Two Queen Beds

we went for the tortuga music festival and the hotel was the perfect distance to walk to Fort Lauderdale beach! We had an awesome experience. The bathroom was quite small but for two people it worked, but otherwise the hotel itself did the job! The staff we talked to in passing were so nice. Would stay again next year and would definitely recommend to a friend!

At other times would be great value but in a great location for the beach and with good facilities.

Noise from the door connecting to next room.

Spring break made the hotel very busy but mostly we had no problems with the other guests apart from taking over the pool area. Good sized room and great comfy bed.

Could be a hidden gem, with a little effort from staff.

Floors very dirty, bathroom needs update. Tile in shower dirty. Housekeeping does not speak English, so couldn't communicate with them. One day did not make up my room. Staff was friendly at check in and rude afterwards.

Location was great, and quietness. Spacious rooms.

Overall for the duration of our trip, two nights I was pleased.

Would like to have had a kettle and teabags available. There was a coffee machine with coffee pods but I'm not a coffee drinker

Very large room, very comfortable bed. Very satisfied with the location. A little extra attention to the internal decor would improve the property substantially.

Bed was nice.
    • Queen Studio

The floor was dirty. Walking from the bed to the bathtub my feet would be black with dirt making the tub dirty when showering. No outlets for plugging stuff, tv didn’t work wouldn’t change Channels. There was no phone in the rooms to call front desk. Pools were not clean.

Bed was nice. Staff was friendly

The Perfect Hotel
    • King Studio

Nothing. This property is perfect.

We liked everything. The rooms are very clean. The staff made my wife and I feel like family. This place is definitely a 5 star resort.

It was average. The price for the stay was what was expected. Nothing great
    • King Studio

There was a country music festival the weekend we were leaving and the outdoor patio where the pool was located was very loud after midnight. Very difficult to fall asleep once the people came back from the festival.

We liked that there was house cleaning every day.

Would never stay there again
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The shower was filthy when we moved in and the fitted sheet was stained, They did not come until the next day to deal with this and we slept on our own towels. Disrespectful night staff. You can hear everything from the room next door

Great location. 5 minute walk to the beach

I'm looking forward visiting Tranquilo next time .
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Barbecue definitely need good, detailed cleaning.

Everything was great. Spacious room and furniture were so comfortable, clean, and in great condition. Simple, but more than enough for great comfort. Staff was helpful and very polite. Short walk to the beautiful beach.

nice place great staff very clean rooms
    • King Studio

the only thing I would say is that this place is not new and needs updating but the rooms are white and are very clean.

the staff member Mathew and sarah were so helpful and nothing was too much for them to help with ,such a pleasure to deal with people who are so interested in their jobs and like dealing with costumers, the cleaners were going non stop and the place was kept in great condition,

Wonderful stay, highly recommend.

Need more dishwater/glasses/cups for kitchen. Need to give dish soap to wash the dishes. Need a spa/hot tub.

Clean, nicely updated, kitchen facilities. Great location, easy walk to beach. Staff was wonderfully accommodating and pleasant.

Will come back again.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

WiFi could have been better. More cooking utensils. Maybe a fruit bar or coffee for breakfast.

House keeping was wonderful, location and staff were very friendly.

Great for spring-breakers, not for us in our 50's!
    • Studio with Two Queen Beds

First.. we were at the last building down the road (I think there are 4 separate buildings), so a fair walk to the beach. Second.. a bit shocked when we opened the door to the room. It was not at all as represented by online photos. Our queen beds had no box spring and were very low to the floor (may not be an issue for younger guests). Beds were a bit lop-sided and unfortunately my back went out as a result. Biggest issue, however, was that the room was dirty. Quite dirty. I'd say the floor hadn't been mopped or washed in a very long time. Our feet were black after walking around.. dirty kleenex on the floor.. looking under the tv cabinet or under the bed was disgusting. Prior guests had dropped and lost items, obviously. Around the toilet and pedestal sink base was just gross. We did complain to the front desk and they were very apologetic, however, we wouldn't stay here again.

Location is good.. about 3 blocks from the beach. Staff here, especially at the front desk, were great. The main building and pool area looked very nice, but that's not where we were staying.

Will definitely be back!
    • King Studio

There are few dings and scuff marks but that is the only even somewhat-negative thing I can say about the place.

Every single member of the staff we came into contact with was unbelievably nice, friendly, and helpful. The property itself was very cool and casual. I love that they have multiple pools. The room was lovely: all white with a huge bed and a kitchen. Great value for the money. 2 blocks from the beach. The hotel was part of village community with its own cafe, food truck, market, wine garden - and they were all awesome.

Very roomy and comfortable, awesome location!

The room was very nice and big, the location is perfect and just about a block from the beach. The staff was so nice and went out of thier way to make sure we were happy and comfortable. I will definitely be coming back again.

Below average but could be a nice hotel.
    • King Suite

Was not clean. There was rubbish, dead flys and sand on the ground. There appeared to be a few small spatterings of blood on the wall by the mirror in the bathroom. The kitchen was poorly stocked, not even two glasses - just one.

Staff we very friendly. Great quick check in and out.

Staff were friendly tried to accommodate upon my complaints...
    • Studio with Two Queen Beds

The room was extremely small for two Queens. The photos of room were deceiving. Missing light bulbs. No extra blankets.shower floods bathroom floor. No room phone. A lot of yelling in middle of night by springbreakers...no response from security.

Staff were friendly tried to accommodate upon my complaints and moved us to a larger room.

A nice stay at this budget hotel, and a lovely vacation in the Florida sunshine!
    • Deluxe Queen Studio

The bed was a bit low and hard, though the pillows were comfy. Most nights we only had two sheets to sleep under, and no blanket (some days the housekeepers would make up the bed without the cotton blanket that was there on other days.) The room could also use a small armchair or two, as aside from the kitchen chairs the bed provided the only seating. The kitchen lacked some items -- no mugs, or spatula, etc.

Good location, away from the hub and noise of activity on the beach, but just a few minutes' walk to it. Clean and quiet enough, even with some spring breakers in the building for the first two nights. Liked the modernized retro look of the place.

Clean, nice and comfortable. Great and helpful staff.
    • Queen Studio

Not much storage within. Water took long to warm up for shower but was hot once it did.

The staff is very friendly. The rooms have all been recently updated as the company that runs the property has been buying up the local hotels and redoing the rooms. I will say that the Queen size room was not as nice as the King Studio the last time I stayed, but the room was clean and comfortable with updated fixtures, bed and bathroom.

Excellent experience, great being in 'the village', so that we were still connected to the wifi
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

In the first room, the air conditioning was very noisy, and it blew directly onto us while in bed. It also came on and off very frequently with a big noise.

There was one person at the desk who was extremely helpful, and it made our experience so much better! I liked the pool area and the privacy. The second room was bigger and better, and had a microwave, and the air conditioning was much better, also ceiling fans much appreciated! Our check-in experience was awesome, as it was late at night, and we were taken to our room on a golf cart!

room was fine - customer service was not.
    • Queen Studio

staff at check in was somewhat dismissive. We asked for casual dining suggestion within walking distance - nearby cafe was only suggestion. It was terrible, especially for the price. When we left the next morning, we realized that if we had taken a left on A1A toward Sunrise, we would have had more options

room was fine - very clean (for an old hotel) and european

Fine place to sleep-but that’s all.
    • Queen Studio

Our room was infested with ants around the coffee pot and small fridge. I told the staff twice but the ants never went away. Also they do not service your room everyday. Only every 3 days. I had to ask for my room to be serviced and new towels. After I asked it was done. Also no blankets were offered on the beds. Only flat sheets. But again when I asked for a blanket I was given one.

The location relative to the beach was perfect.

The place was good, but the waiting for the room caused the bad rating.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I had to wait two hours after the initial check in time for the room to be cleaned and ready. To check out I waited thirty minutes because for some reason the office was closed.

The room looked modern

Live and learn
    • King Studio

There was no microwave in room, nor was there a place to get breakfast. They have other properties within walking distance that you could eat at, but didn't realize that until second day.

Room was clean and close to the beach.

The room had a full kitchen and a separate living room.
    • King Suite

I stayed across the newly renovated rooms. The actual bedroom had no separate air conditioning. I had to leave the AC in the living room on blast hoping it would reach the bedroom. The night was unusually chilly for March so I was able to keep the bedroom windows open. Had it been a warm humid Florida evening, it would have been very uncomfortable. The bed is super uncomfortable to the point where you can feel the bed springs with one side of the bed indented. We woke up very sore. My second stay here and I won't be returning. :( The pool was pretty dirty. A wad of hair just floated at the bottom of the pool.

The room had a full kitchen and a separate living room.

I can't recommend this hotel.
    • Queen Studio

Very poor housekeeping services, a leaking air conditioner and having to make multiple requests for other services led to a bad experience. The entire room could have used a good scrubbing. There was a connecting door to the next room which allowed sound to pass through limited privacy. This could be a cute boutique hotel, but attention to details has left it severely lacking.

The location was good, close to the beach and the room size was adequate. Staff was helpful with our multiple complaints; one staff member, Aquaneta, was very helpful with our problems. We liked the benefit of using the many other properties owned by the larger company.

Browse Tranquilo A North Beach Village Resort Hotel traveller photo gallery