Reviews of The Showboat Hotel Atlantic City 4 stars

801 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ 08401, USA

#21 of 35 hotels in Atlantic City

Never going to stay here again!!!!
    • Orleans Tower Standard Double Queen

The hotel wasn't as clean as I was expecting it to be. The bathroom door wouldn't close all the way without getting stuck, the dresser doors were broken and the carpet was dirty smh

It's on the beach. That was literally the only good thing about it

Staff was very nice and the location was excellent!
    • Orleans Tower Standard Double Queen

Staff was very nice and the location was excellent! The thing that bothered me was finding, what appeared to be a used condom on the floor. It was in an area that may have been missed by the cleaning staff, but I dropped an earring on the floor and I had to look for it. Other than that, very nice hotel.

The room was clean and comfortable but the hotel is somewhat shabby.
    • Bourbon Tower Handicap Accessible Queen

Safety deadbolt didn't work. reported to housekeeping nothing done. Housekeeping neglected to leave several items.

Bed comfortable, room large, accessible shower nice.

No Show at the Showboat
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

Our first room had issues with hot water and tub floor would move under your feet, almost like a waterbed. The room smelled bad, it reminded me of an old used ashtray. When we called the front desk a women answered the phone and stated she was the operator and not the front desk and said “What do you want,” in a dismissive tone. When we stated the issue she said she would call maintenance and hung up. She was extremely rude and disrespectful. A few minutes later, she called back and said that maintenance was aware the issue and said to come down to the lobby check out and get another room, again being disrespectful. When we returned to the lobby to discuss the problems we asked to speak to a manager. Brittany was so nice and tried resolving our issues. Unfortunately Betsy, the manager, was not professional. While we were talking to her trying to discuss our problem she never gave us eye contact and was focused on her computer. She was argumentative, telling us that she was trying to fix the problem. Not once did she apologize. She had no concern for us as the customer and we didn’t feel like welcomed guests. She also informed us there was no such thing as an operator and has no idea what we were talking about. After getting nowhere we had no other options then to stay in another room. ...while it was an upgrade to a suite more issues arose, it was dusty, the floor was stained and ripped, the electricity in the living room didn’t work, and the balcony was extremely dirty.

We liked the location.

Great value for the money.
    • Bourbon Tower Bathtub Accessible Queen

Showboat does not offer room service and the one burger place that is located on the lobby floor is just ok. The food wasn't great.

The Showboat is clean and the staff is friendly. Its just a very basic hotel that is nicely priced.

Very nice and pleasant stay...
    • Bourbon Tower Standard King

The shower was excellent! The water pressure was on point! The staff was good.I have a pet and that's why I chose the Showboat Hotel,they were very accommodating...

Okay, but not great.
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

Lighting in the room, Really nothing to do in the hotel. not too many restaurants. There was one that was always close. The coffee stand closed too early, needed to go to another hotel to get coffee. Registration staff not very friendly. There was an harsh word written in the window. No microwave, you need better coffee maker. The sheets and blanket in the bed were so plain. I have stayed at Golden Nugget and it is much nicer. I stayed at showboat to try a different hotel. Will not return.

Near the beach. The employees from the valet parking were very pleasant and respectful.

the bar staff seemed like they were not sure of how to make...
    • Orleans Tower Standard King

the bar staff seemed like they were not sure of how to make the drinks. stopped for a night cap inside about 11:30 they were saying, hoping no one would come in. didn't want to stay open wanted to clean up and close.

The stay was amazing especially know that the two casinos...

Beds need more pillows.

The stay was amazing especially know that the two casinos next to the property are open and the tram car doesn’t drop you a block away from the resort. And The Showboat know has the best fitness gym on the Atlantic City Boardwalk after adding the Matrix fitness center which you get to use for free while staying at the property.

It was very mediocre!
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

The hotel looks sad ,dark . The main lobby it's not inviting. I saw all the other hotels and it was so much going on and as soon as we stepped in the showboat it was sad .

The view.

Good hotel quiet was worth it would go again
    • Orleans Tower Standard Double Queen

Some areas need to be cleaned or maintained on a scheduled service. Elevators and especially entrances. One side entrance handles haven’t been cleaned in months filthy /sticky. Notified staff two times .

Nice size room, clean staff was friendly.

We enjoyed our stay, the game room was great for the kids,...
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

We enjoyed our stay, the game room was great for the kids, we loved it. It was also very close to other activities, such as Hard Rock, amusement area with ferris wheel etc.

I liked the most it was that the beach and the boardwalk was...
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

I didn’t like that on the area towards down the hotel there was a lot of people that was high, I was walking w my son looking for a restaurant and all I saw on every corner people like that so I didn’t felt safe.

I liked the most it was that the beach and the boardwalk was there. I didn’t have to travel around to find it.

My stay was ok it was a room at the end of the night basically. I wouldn’t stay here again.
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

The hotel had a nice theme and the room was a good size. The curtian in the bathroom had mold at the bottom. The water didn’t drain while showering it would pool to about 4 inches. The beds caved in towards the middle so sleeping was not comfortable at all. This property had a pool. Not sure if the filter was turned on because it was filthy. Had hair and other debris floating in it.

The staff was friendly and the theme was nice. They also had family friendly activists right in the resort. Which was nice to have since one day of our stay was rainy.

Nice location...hotel room adequate for price.
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

The temperature in the room was 75 degrees when we first took occupancy. Even with the air on max, it did not drop below 72 at any point during the duration of our stay. Called the front desk to ask if there was something they could do and they said they would send someone up. Waited 2.5 hours and finally left...no idea if anyone stopped by or not. Lastly, they were only 2 employees working check ins...inadequate for the week of the 4th of July. 35 minute wait in line for check in.

Bed was comfortable and ample room for 2 adults and 2 children. Location is good for children as it is very close to steel pier.

It was ok.
    • Orleans Tower Standard Double Queen

There were no restaurants in the hotel. Everything was closed and far. The pool was very small.

The place was clean and always smelled fresh. No cigarette smell. The gym facilities was very big and accessible.

The staff needs more customer service training
    • Bourbon Tower Bathtub Accessible Queen

Check in process was extremely long, customer/ guest services was horrible, the hallways had piled garbage and linens while the cleaning staff stood around conversating.

The location to beach entrance

Clean
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

Check in was horrible, total confusion with my room booking took about 30 min to get everything situated. The holiday may have had an impact on it. Overall hotel was nice and clean

Clean

A lot of thing to do for kids
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

What i didnt like was that there was no place to rinse after you get out the beach like all the other front beach hotels ive gone too.

A lot of thing to do for kids

The Showboat is in a good location to the boardwalk and...
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

From the moment we pulled up, everything was chaos. We had five valets unpacking our luggage and whisking it off before we had even checked in. Went to the front desk to check in, where there were 5 staff members, looking at their computers, no other guests in sight. We weren’t greeted, or even acknowledged.. we were just kind of standing there waiting. One lady finally glanced up and rudely told us “the line starts back there” (2 inches from where we were standing) We just kind of looked around, like what line?? It’s just us? Finally, another lady said “Next” so we shuffled down to her where we waited another 3 minutes for her to look up and get the check in process started. After getting everything taken care of, we went up to our room where there was not our luggage. Called the front desk, no answer. Called room services, no answer. Went down 9 flights, made the long walk to the front desk, waited to be helped again. Asked where our luggage might be, no one had any idea. Kept being asked for our luggage tag, which was taken by the front desk when we checked in, who didn’t seem to remember us, even though we had just checked in. After much confusion and frustration, it was finally located and brought up to our room. Around 8 pm, we are in our room getting ready to go out to the boardwalk and there’s a knock at the door. Before I could even ask who it was, a hotel worker used his master key and WALKED IN. Said housekeeping told him a vanity light was out. (It was, but still.. should have been taken care of before we checked in to the room) No apologies for barging into our room. Kind of scary. On the second day of our stay, called and requested extra towels. Our phone call was answered this time, and we were assured 5 towels would be “brought right up”. Still waiting on those towels. Ended up using hand towels to dry off, which smelled of smoke. Whole room actually smelled of stale smoke, but noticeably worse in the bathroom.

The Showboat is in a good location to the boardwalk and beach, but be prepared to walk because the hotel itself is huge. Getting from your room to the beach is a trip in itself. It’s very pretty inside, despite the empty casino.

The worst place I've never stayed in. Just go look at room 1283.
    • Orleans Tower Standard Double Queen

The room was horrible spots all over the carpets and the chair, the curtains had water spots all over them the latches were missing on some of the drawers the handle on the shower faucet was broken room1283 was just horrible, why anyone would have someone stay there is beyond me.

Doubt we stay here again, unless, it's a casino or a REALLY good deal
    • Orleans Tower Standard Double Queen

We didnt realize there was no casino there anymore. We were surprised when other casinos gave us military discounts, even if, for just valet..and we had to pay $15 a day. The property was boring and the staff couldve been a little more friendly

That it wasn't busy..the first guy that helped me at the front desk was very, super extremely polite

Close to the beach, gorgeous view, spacious room.
    • Bourbon Tower Balcony Suite

No microwave when paying $500/night in a room labeled “suite” Broken Ice machine on floor 8 and no way to make ice in room. Staff not super friendly or accommodating

Close to the beach, gorgeous view, spacious room. Absolutely loved the balcony!

Never again
    • Orleans Tower Standard King

Front desk no service at all Had MNF fight They didn’t close curtain ask not to look inside How do you do that if I paid $500.00 a night and events being held in the lobby

Wife got stuck in bathroom went to front desk to ask for repair no one ever came to fix could never shut door

The view was ok.
    • Orleans Tower Standard Double Queen

When I got in the hotel I was suppose to get $35.00 pff my price n they over drafted my card. I ended up paying my over draft chatge for twice as much. I called the hotel because I had left a couple of items behind and the staff kept passing me my phone call thru I didn't get anything done till half hour later. Staff needs to improve..

The view was ok. The room was very clean and very big.

It was DISGUSTING and HORRIBLE!!!!
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

The hotel itself was so isolated and outdated, old and dirty... The twelfth floor hallway smelled like skunk and the room was overpowered by carpet/room scent cleaner! Horrible!!! Will NOT recommend Showboat!!!

NOTHING!!!

Will book at Showboat again.....only as a last “resort”.
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

There were no cups in the bathroom for brushing teeth and only one tiny bar of soap for both the sinks and shower. There was no convientent outlet by the beds to plug in phone charger. The “resort” fee is a ripoff! I didn’t like the outdoor parking and the $12.00 daily rate

It was close to both of the new casinos. The room was clean and had WiFi

Find another hotel stay!
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

Terrible bed pillows. No extra pillows either. Locked safe, couldn't use it. Short on toiletries. But.....dirty sheets, balled up in hallway all day, and all night! 19th floor looked like a laundry room. Disgusting!

Nice location on the boardwalk. Good rate. But, I will say it felt like a ghost town. Empty closed up restaurants, lobby bar under construction, empty closed up lounges...ugg! 19th floor room was clean. I think the real issue was the dirty sheets in the hallway, rolled up and sitting outside each door. Well, it was 3:00 in the afternoon, not 9:00 am! Came back to the room at 7:00 pm to shower and get ready to go out...still sitting in the hallway. I was grossed out! Dirty sheets everywhere!! Return back to our room at 1:00am....guess what? You got it....balls of dirty sheets everywhere! I felt like our room was in the basement laundry area! Won't be going back there...just for that reason...sorry Showboat.

Great hotel terrible valet service
    • Bourbon Tower Standard King

The valet wrecked my electric scooter carrier and we spent the whole vacation arguing with them about fixing the truck. The hotel staff were great but your valet is a liability to you.

Excellent room and hotel staff were great.

Not worth the money at all! You can get better elsewhere. And No CASINO.
    • Bourbon Tower Bathtub Accessible Queen

Didn't like just about everything - Front desk staff not friendly, no smiles, seemingly unhappy to be working there, although two bellhop boys were friendly. Elevators super old very much from the 80's, not remodeled, horribly stained walls, carpet seems worn away holding by threads with the feel of a low budget motel off deserted road. Room was highly unappealing, Clean was a plus, housekeeping is the only positive on my review. Very small rooms for the price, similar to a budget motel room. Air conditioner capped at 71, if you like it between 65-68 you're out of luck. Seemed like adjacent room was in my room. Could hear everything going on in room next door. Here is the kicker, NO CASINO in hotel. You have to walk a long way down the boardwalk to the nearest casino which is Resorts. Although Hard Rock is next door, it is not opened yet. Not worth the money and for the service and ambiance I received, I could've just stayed at Days Inn because I felt like I was at a low budget motel.

Housekeeping staff was really nice. Two bellhop boys were pleasant (although one wasn't). Cannot write the recommended 200 character 'What Did I Like' review because there was nothing else I liked about this hotel.

Hotel is very nice, the rooms are quiet.
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

There really isn't anything I didn't like about the hotel. Everything was awesome. If I had to say anything negative, it would be that the tub fills up when you are taking a shower, but the water goes down fairly quickly.

Hotel is very nice, the rooms are quiet. The staff is very helpful and accommodating. The pool area is very nice, with a DJ and all. This hotel is a very nice hotel, right off of the beach and the boardwalk.

Great room, high ceiling making room looks bigger and had a...
    • Bourbon Tower Standard King

It is sad to see that this place that was built so grand it is dilapidateding now ...

Great room, high ceiling making room looks bigger and had a large bathroom.

At least it was close to real attractions.....
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

No casino in the hotel. It felt like an abonded warehouse.... but there were still advertisements for slots on what was supposed to be the gaming floor. All restaurants were closed, bars were closed, etc.... it felt like a ghost town. They put a miniature golf course in there..... this isn’t a pre-teen hangout.... its supposed to be a casino and place to have drinks and fun.

Room was pretty clean

there was not much too this property.
    • Orleans Tower Standard Double Queen

there was not much too this property. A staff had informed me about a bed bug issue they were having which was beneficial, however, they need to inform people that they do not have a casino or restaurants at their hotel anymore.

The showboat can show a little more
    • Orleans Tower Standard Double Queen

The shower curtain lining was filthy and the towels were hard. There was no microwave inside the room. You have to pay for parking, and there is also an extra charge for the pool.

Easy access to the boardwalk. The room size was good and the beds were comfy.

I liked the boardwalk location.
    • Bourbon Tower Standard King

The hotel is NOT a resort, yet charges a resort fee. There is basically a small pool. The umbrellas were mostly broken in the pool area. Out non smoking room smelled like smoke and had an old cigarette on the floor. Staff doesn’t go out of their way to be friendly or helpful at all. There is only a small burger place on premises. We were expecting a little more.

I liked the boardwalk location.

For the money, great place. My 6 year old had a fun time on the boardwalk.
    • Orleans Tower Standard Double Queen

The beds! So old and the springs were shot!

I liked the location. Right on the boardwalk. I used to stay here when it was a casino. It’s a bit depressing seeing it all empty inside, but maybe in time that will change.

Nothing to do there.
    • Bourbon Tower Standard King

Nothing to do there. No food, giant empty space. No casino,, 4 blocks away.. Nothing to eat there gotta drive. Pillows uncomfortable. Bed uncomfortable. Took 45 minutes for the room to cool down, tiny vent for a/c air to come in. It sucked

The hotel is under going a transformation from a casino to...
    • Orleans Tower Standard Double Queen

I believe they should be more prepared and accommodating my reservations were made weeks in advance and requested adjoining rooms and was unable to be accommodated. I felt like this should have been a request easily met.

The hotel is under going a transformation from a casino to strictly a hotel. The accommodations were nice and everyone was very helpful. I think once they get up and running fully again it will be a great place to stay

Overall I had a bad experience for the price I paid for this hotel room
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

No air conditioning in my room... had to pay for parking and charges that I was not aware of

The air conditioning was not working. Not only did I have to pay for the room in full I had to put an 100 dollar deposit which I was not aware of. There was no coffee in my room or complimentary breakfast. I also had to pay for parking which I was not aware of as well

Different!
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

It's hard to explain, a bit eerie like being in a ghost town. Rooms were clean but old. I honestly don't think I'd stay there again.

The bathroom was nice.

Lied to and robbed
    • Bourbon Tower Standard King

What the hotel charged my bank account wasn't what it says on my receipt. I was also charge for things I did not use and her no option to opt out.

Location and help from valet

Pleasent stay with my wife just wished the weather was better. I guess i gotta go back.
    • Orleans Tower Handicap Accessible Queen - OTAQ

Staff seems to be short handed,but if you need something all you got to do is ask.

I am a mid week guy, so my days off avoid large crowds. Very comfortable room my dog was happy to be there.

Could be better for the amount of money you pay .
    • Orleans Tower Standard Double Queen

Thin walls ( neighbors were having sex and entire family heard it). Bathroom was dirty , Bed was dusty and room outdated.

It is perfect for families because its smoke free.

• Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

Did not have no Lively activities my reservation my reservation state that I will get breakfast only which I did not get any breakfast the hotel could use a nice Jamaican restaurant there's no nightlife Inside the Hotel need a lot more action

Very unprofessional
    • Orleans Tower Standard Double Queen

When I went to check my room wasn’t ready for an hour and half when I had dinner reservations in an hour after they never called me to let me know if my room was ready when it was almost two hours I went back and they checked me in to room 1414 I go up try and guess what that was someone else’s room luggage purse and wallets where inside the room it coulda been someone else that person coulda easily gotten robbed but I’m not that type of person also my name and adress where in that room in the paper I guess they checked in ? So they checked someone else under my name with unbelievable after I go down stairs to complain the lady didn’t even look apologetic I won’t be going back and also I never made it to my reservations !

The room was very clean !

Fair.
    • Bourbon Tower Standard King

Not much entertainment inside hotel itself. Dirty towels in room. Bed springs made sleeping uncomfortable. Most importantly, I was advised prior to my trip and booking that I would be located in the new tower. Upon arrival, I was located in the old tower.

Front desk customer service was good.

I'd definitely stay at the Showboat again.
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

It did feel a bit like a ghost town on the main floor.

Room, bathroom, view, beds-- wonderful Reception - good Sammy in the valet service - extraordinarily helpful

The property was not clean our bathroom shower flooded and...
    • Orleans Tower Standard Double Queen

The property was not clean our bathroom shower flooded and when I called the front desk they gave me hard time. I stayed for 2 days without housekeeping. I’m very disappointed with my stayed and will never stay at show boat again.

Distance
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

very far from all the major hotels and no casino in the hotel itself but taking the tram down the boardwalk was nice

the beds were very comfortable housekeeping kept the room clean and the staff was very nice overall loved the burgers from rickers also great view from the hotel of the ferris wheel and boardwalk

My day away was what I needed to be able to get back on track.
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

disappointed the casino is no longer operating, and it wasn't the hotel's fault but the tram service was untrustworthy at the end of the day. the tram driver stopped in midroute to the hotel and left people stranded, including handicapped people. My fellow traveler had difficulty walking and the size of the hotel is so large she had trouble getting around.

view was great, staff helped us get to transportation. The burger shop made super burgers and even went out of their way to serve us at the end of the day.

Staff was rude
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

Staff was rude This states it's a casino but its just an empty building with rooms No place to eat at all There are no amenities AT ALL I will never stay there again

The front desk couldn’t locate my booking for more than a...
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

The front desk couldn’t locate my booking for more than a hour even after I provided them the confirmation number. Instead they argued stating that I have no booked reservation. At 9 PM after driving a long distance had to spend time at the front desk for the reservation made instead of playing in a casino. One of the elevators to go to 11th floor won’t even take the room card required to go to the floor and there’s no one available to address. Very sorry and won’t recommend.

Comfortable
    • Bourbon Tower Bathtub Accessible Queen

I didn't spend too much time in the room or hotel but the time I did spend was comfortable and my experience was a good one. The employees I came across were great. I recommend it.

The stay was definitely worth the money, especially with the discount we got thanks to Booking!
    • Bourbon Tower Handicap Accessible King

I booked a room that contained one king size bed but instead they gave us two queen sized beds. Also, I needed a room with a roll-in shower but it was unavailable.

The decor of the entire facility was beautiful. The hotel offers a lot of different things to do as well such as glow-in-the-dark mini golf, a casino, and different restaurants and bars. The view our room offered was also amazing! All in all it was definitely worth it.

Everything made me feel disgusting, pictures do not show...
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

Everything made me feel disgusting, pictures do not show actual rooms! Had to have an Air Conditioning Tech come and replace the filter, it has dust from when it re opened after the closure. Well maybe had dust from when it was still open and while it was a casino! Never will return again. Sad to see such a wonderful hotel go down like that! #Sh!thole2k18

Never will i book that hotel again
    • Bourbon Tower Handicap Accessible Queen

Everything price no amenities its was just room and the tv was not smart tv old junkie tv

There was no breakfast no pool no casino didnt realize till i got there the website still advertise like all that exists its like a ghost building nothing fancy and too pricey could have known could have booked the hotels next to it.

I won't return and will not recommend the Showboat.
    • Orleans Tower Standard Double Queen

I had no idea there was no casino, very limited food choices and an overwhelming feeling of just plain sad and dreary. No literature in the room describing hotel amenities, One bar of soap, front desk clerk not informative at time of check-in. The worst of all, the room wreaked of cigarette smoke.

Room was clean but didn't smell good. Bed was comfortable.

Excellent staff.
    • Bourbon Tower Standard King

I stayed here with my boyfriend on Mother's Day weekend and a few mothers reserved surrounding rooms. They were extremely loud and the front desk switched our room right away.

Valet and Housekeeping was wondering people.
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

Some of the front staff was rude.

There was booking confusion, no blankets, TV didn’t work and the bathroom was clogged the first night. Also there were no directions in regards to how to work the elevator, many things were broken such as the ice machine that required you to go to another floor.

Pleasant look forward to september when they host rhe j1-con convention
    • Bourbon Tower Standard King

Because its pet friendly some communal areas need attention. It wasnt horrible but due to 20yr old carpet & dog not a good combo but how long was i on the elevator. I think they a are renovating them now.

Due to the loss of the casino many years ago there is alot of unused space which gives empty feeling & pool is seasonal. However, its on boardwalk, close to pier carnival, food, stores, & casinos & outlets.

Wont go back unless it has a major overhaul
    • Bourbon Tower Standard King

My neighbor had dogs who barked alot. Nothing to do but sleep there only 1 restaurant and not very good. Hotel is way outdated with nothing in it and to far from all casinos and stores. I guess we got what we paid for but expected better.

Unfortunate
    • Bourbon Tower Bathtub Accessible Queen

I was given a room number to the 16th floor in the Bourbon Tower that didn’t exist. When I called down to the front desk I was told to go over to the other Tower. After I got there in put my key in the door wow that room was already occupied. So we go back down stairs. Now my blood pressure and stress level was sky high, and we got another room. By now it is 6:30pm and we had a 7:00pm show to change and dress for. No upgrade just an apology and $30 off my bed. This inconvenience cost us to be late 1 hour late for the show cause I sick and I can’t rush.

My stay with showboat hotel could have been better.
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

The bed was not comfortable, no casino on property. Its looks like they were closing down some of the entertainments, it was a real eye sore to see barricades in the lobby.

The bathroom was huge and very clean.

My room was really really clean.
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

The hotel is a dump and should be closed. Common areas are just plain dirty... The veneration in the building is broken or does not work correctly because it is amazing that a non smoking hotel can smell like smoke 5 years after they closed the casino portion. Carpets throughout the hotel were horrible.

My room was really really clean... Staff was super cool .

The bed was comfy
    • Bourbon Tower Standard King

There were barely any toiletries in the rooms, the staff couldn’t care less about the needs of guests and it was very over priced given the reception we were met with.

The bed was comfy

Will never do it again.
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

This place is old... And the main areas were just plain dirty. All the floors and areas smelled of smoke even though it was a non smoking hotel. Non sufficient air flow in the areas made the place smell of stale smoke and other mysterious things. All the carpets were old and dirty. I could go on but it is not worth it.

My room was clean I can say that... The staff was really nice as well.

• Orleans Tower Handicap Accessible Queen - OTRQ

The casino floor is used for conventions. There was mold in the shower which affected my allergies as I am allergic to mold... I'm surprised I did not have to use an Epipen. the room had a really old and shaggy carpet badly stained. A bit outdated.... False advertising at the most. No decent dining. The next day I found there was no continental breakfast (as advertised)... food items were being sold instead i.e.; some seemingly random people were selling cereal in small boxes with candy bars and potato chips.

Nothing. I was greatly disappointed.

We called for toilet paper .
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

We called for toilet paper . Had to call back an hour later it still wasn't there. Called again and a half hour later had to go and look for a housekeeper on the floors to get it ourselves. Same thing . I requested a roll a way when we arrived and had to call back down for it. Also was put next to the elevator and didn't sleep all night. Came with my daughters for mother's day haven't been here since last year and I don't think I will be back .I might as well stayed at a motel .this has been the family hotel for 12 years. Very sad .

Nice hotel room for the money. Great location.
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

The Showboat used to be a casino hotel. The hotel part is still there but the casino is no longer there. Where the casino floor was and most of the restaurants are closed or curtained off. This didn’t bother us. We weren’t in AC for gambling. It was a little eerie walking past large empty spaces, but the room was large, clean and had everything we needed. Staff was friendly. We stayed Mother’s day weekend when the prices at other hotels were 2-3x as much as Showboat. Would stay there again.

The bathroom was huge
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

I didn't have a microwave they was no free complementary breakfast and the bar manager was very rude over a promotion that I was told they honored I had to talk to Chris the hotel manager just to get the customer service I deserved

The bathroom was huge

Room 1859 room door didn't automatically lock when I...
    • Orleans Tower Standard Double Queen

Room 1859 room door didn't automatically lock when I left so I couldn't left to go walk the boardwalk or go to the casino, The a/c wasn't working,and no one answered the phone when we call down to the front desk!!!

It was a nice short stay nonetheless. WOuld like to see this hotel upgraded
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

no complimentary bottles of water, lack of amenities in the bathroom. Hotel needs to be upgraded. carpet looks old. room too dark. Lack of lighting.

nice location near steel pier. nice view from the rooms at bourbon tower.

Our stay was nice.
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

We didnt do much but we will come back and experience more The Showboat has to offer.

My kids like the car show. They liked the hotel room. We didnt get to do more because of the weather but we will be coming back.

Not a place for kids smelling like weed
    • Bourbon Tower Standard Double Queens

The only thing I liked about the property I can see the ocean

So much I did not like there was nothing to do in there for kids they had a miniature golf and that was it and three video games no pool the hallways and the room smell like marijuana and smoke I will never ever stay there again I would rather pay two or $300 a night to stay in a room

Browse The Showboat Hotel Atlantic City traveller photo gallery