Enjoy a unique accommodation experience when you stay at The Old Mount Gambier Gaol. This unique property is an historic gaol, located just a 3-minute drive from the Blue Lake and the main street of Mount Gambier.
There are a range of gaol experience accommodation options. You can stay in a cell, accommodate your family in an old warden's office, or enjoy a self-contained cottage.
Guests enjoy complimentary WiFi and a self- guided tour of the gaol. There are shared lounges, kitchens and bathrooms.
Pickup from public transport can be arranged. All rooms include heating and bed linen. Most rooms have access to shared facilities, others have private facilities.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.2 for a two-person trip.
Most popular facilities
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Hi Do you only have bunk beds? Can we get two single beds instead?Hi , Yea we have 1 twin that has 2 single beds and an ensuite toilet .Answered on 5 May 2022
- Hi waiting outside the property trying to get in. Made a booking through booking.com with no contactsorry, we sent you all the details and we also send extra details on the day of arrival . JamesAnswered on 11 October 2022
- Hi ..my son and I would like to stay at your establishment this Friday 4th for one night ..is anything available? ThanksHi, Thank you for your interest but unfortunately we are totally booked out with a dive group that weekend. I hope you find alternate accommodation. S..Answered on 2 December 2020
- are all rooms shared toilet and exactly what does this mean are the toilets near your room who and how many would be sharing .would love to stay but d..Hi , thank you for your interest :) no cells have showers . Our family unit is self contained but all other showers are communal . There are 10 shower..Answered on 2 May 2022
- Is it quiet at night?Yes it is generally quiet at night, especially with the thick limestone walls.Answered on 14 August 2019
- Still looking?
Most popular facilities
14:00 - 21:00
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in
Until 10:00 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Cots and extra beds are not available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
The Old Mount Gambier Gaol accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note that in some rooms towels are not included in the price. You can rent them at the property or bring your own.
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
Please inform The Old Mount Gambier Gaol in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.
FAQs about The Old Mount Gambier Gaol
Yes, The Old Mount Gambier Gaol is popular with guests booking family stays.
From the nearest airport, you can get to The Old Mount Gambier Gaol by:
- Car 15min
The Old Mount Gambier Gaol is 1,050 yards from the centre of Mount Gambier.
Check-in at The Old Mount Gambier Gaol is from 14:00, and check-out is until 10:00.
Room options at The Old Mount Gambier Gaol include:
The prices at The Old Mount Gambier Gaol may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
The Old Mount Gambier Gaol offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Table tennis
- Tennis court