Situated in Gwynedd, in the market town of Dolgellau, the Royal Ship hotel features a restaurant and free Wi-Fi in public areas. The market town is part of the Snowdonia National Park.
The rooms at the Royal Ship offer a TV and tea and coffee making facilities, along with a hairdryer and complimentary toiletries. The majority of rooms boast an en suite bathroom, and others have private allocated bathrooms.
In the mornings, the hotel provides a buffet breakfast, with both full English and continental options. The restaurant offers a wide selection of traditional Welsh and British meals, as well as more contemporary dishes. The food is prepared using locally sourced produce where possible.
Surrounded by mountains and rivers, along with lakes and beaches, the stunning landscape offers numerous outdoor activities, including fishing and canoeing. Cadair Idris is popular with climbers and is just 1.2 miles south of the town. Free parking is available at the Royal Ship. We have a limited number of spaces and offer on a first come first served basis.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.2 for a two-person trip.
Most popular facilities
- We are considering a 3-night stay from Sunday 30 Dec. (to encompass my b'day) but would need a double accessibility room with an en-suite walk-in show..Thank you for your question Barry. Our accessible room is a twin en-suite room with a walk in shower. It is situated on the first floor. We do have a ..Answered on 3 November 2019
- Hi do u have bike storage facilities? ThanksHi, Our car park has a small garage with a bike rack. The car park is secured over night by a roller shutter.Answered on 29 April 2021
- Do you have secure parking ? Planning to arrive on 12th August Thanks Diana SternThe Hotel has a small private internal car park, secured at night by a roller shutter. Allocated on a first come first served basis.Answered on 16 July 2020
- Do you have single occupant?Our rooms are charged on a per room basis including breakfast.Answered on 10 November 2021
- Hi, Does your deluxe family suite have doors to the bedroom area. 2 x doubles and a sofa bed or singles) We have grown up children who will require th..hello thank you for your message unfortunately due to fire restrictions there are no internal doors between the bedrooms.Answered on 10 June 2022
- Still looking?
Open for: Lunch, Dinner
Most popular facilities
15:00 - 23:00
Until 11:00 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
Children aged 18 years and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Cots and extra beds are not available at this property.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may be applicable.
Royal Ship accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Pets are permitted to the property, but please be aware that only a selected number of rooms can accommodate pets.
If guests are bringing their pet, please inform the property in advance to your arrival. Please note, this is subject to the availability of eligible rooms that can accommodate pets and must be agreed by the property beforehand.
FAQs about Royal Ship
Royal Ship offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
The prices at Royal Ship may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
Royal Ship has 1 restaurant:
Guests staying at Royal Ship can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.8).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Room options at Royal Ship include:
From the nearest airport, you can get to Royal Ship by:
- Train 30min
Check-in at Royal Ship is from 15:00, and check-out is until 11:00.
Royal Ship is 650 yards from the centre of Dolgellau.