Barefoot Cay Resort
Brick Bay, 00001 Roatán, Honduras – Great location - show map
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
The property features fully equipped bungalows and villas. They include modern kitchens, sitting areas and spacious dining areas. Many overlook the ocean.
At the Barefoot Cay Resort guests can enjoy a restaurant serving a wide variety of dishes, and the on-site tour desk can help arrange activities like swimming with dolphins, diving and nature tours.
Spa services, such as massages and facials are offered at the resort. Guests can also take advantage of a PADI-certified dive shop on the property.
The area’s beautiful coral reef can be reached in 5 minutes by boat, and Juan Manuel Galvez Airport is just 4 miles from the Barefoot Cay Resort.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- How far from the airport. Is there a shuttle?Hello, we are located in the south shore of Roatan, around 10-15 minutes from the Airport. If you require airport transportation, we’d be happy to ass..Answered on 26 April 2022
- Do you have cribs or play area for children. Ours is 1 year old. Also is there an all inclusive option?We only have singles beds available. Our T-shaped pool always has a shaded area, no matter what hour of the day, and the shallow ledges around the sid..Answered on 27 November 2021
- Is there a shuttle available to get to the closest beach nearby? What are the other transportation options?Most of our guests rely on taxis for their primary mode of transportation (we can usually arrange for one of our trusted drivers to be here within 20 ..Answered on 9 September 2019
- Is your private beach next to the property or do I need to use a means of transportation to go there?All of our oceanfront villas are directly on our beach (just feet from the shore), and have private sandy areas with lounges and hammocks where guests..Answered on 9 September 2019
- How can I get to the closest beach from the property?Our guest services staff are happy to assist with taxi or rental car arrangements for guests who request transportation.Answered on 10 September 2019
- Still looking?
- CuisineAmerican • Caribbean • Latin American
- Open forBreakfast • Lunch • Dinner • Cocktail hour
- AmbienceTraditional • Romantic
- Dietary optionsVegetarian • Vegan • Gluten-free • Dairy-free
- Toilet paper
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Alarm clock
- Ocean view
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun deck
- Private beach area
- Coffee machine
- Live sports events (broadcast)
- Cooking classAdditional charge
- Tour or class about local cultureAdditional charge
- Water sports facilities on site
- Horseback ridingAdditional chargeOff-site
- DivingAdditional charge
- HikingAdditional chargeOff-site
- CanoeingAdditional charge
- FishingAdditional chargeOff-site
- Golf course (within 2 miles)Additional charge
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable channels
- FruitAdditional charge
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Tour desk
- Daily housekeeping
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke alarms
- Key access
- 24-hour security
- Shuttle serviceAdditional charge
- Grocery deliveriesAdditional charge
- Convenience store on site
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Designated smoking area
- Air conditioning
- Private entrance
- Car rental
- Packed lunches
- Family rooms
- Airport shuttle
- Non-smoking rooms
- Room service
- Opening times
- Open all year
- All ages welcome
- Pool with view
- Shallow end
- Pool/Beach towels
- Pool bar
- Pool cover
- Beach chairs/Loungers
- Yoga classes
- Full-body massage
- Couples' massage
- Foot massage
- Neck massage
- Back massage
- Spa/Wellness packages
- Beach chairs/Loungers
- MassageAdditional charge
- SpaAdditional charge
From 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 10 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
Cash Barefoot Cay Resort accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.