2. China hotel reviews

4.8

4.3

5.7

4.8

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: August 28, 2018

Worst deal in China

Very bad room woth smell of mould. No towels, no hairdryer, no soap, no shampoo. And that at nearly 700 RMB l. Worst deal in China after having stayed in 30+ hotels and hostels. Staff were not particularly friendly either. No bicycle rental as advertised.

Only good thing was a great location.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

My experience was very bad, I got there at 2:30 Am, when I...
    • Standard Twin Room

My experience was very bad, I got there at 2:30 Am, when I got the Hotel the price that I had booked was increased too much and the hotel never told me about this change. When I asked to the Staff they said that the hotel had had a renovation in their rooms. I felt very angry because was too late so I decided to stay just 1 night. By the way the staff didn’t speak English so we used translator.

• Reviewed: March 8, 2018

Run Away!
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room - Foreign Guest Only

- The staff was not nice and helpful. No one speaks English, except a very unfriendly girl who tried to avoid us every time we asked something; - There appeared to be a lot of people living full time in the hostel, so the environment is bit strange; - There was just ONE bathroom (absolutely awful) for all the shared rooms; - Wifi was nor available in the room, just in the lobby; - Extremely cold room. The air conditioning does not work properly. Ps: the pictures are from the private room and private bathroom, the shared bathroom and room are much worse

• Reviewed: March 8, 2018

Terrible!

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

Horrific
    • Standard Twin Room

In the pictures there is a cafe and bar that provides food. This has all been boarded up and the staff now sleep there. The pictures are so out of date and need to be changed as they give a false look on the place that your actually staying in. The bathroom always had water on the floor as the drain didn’t work, your also not allowed to flush toilet paper down the toilet so dirty issues sit in the bin and no one comes in to change the bins when you stay. I’m not sure if it was the staff or other people staying but there was always shouting and people arguing either late at night or around 4-5 in the morning

• Reviewed: February 21, 2018

You get what you pay for
    • Twin Room A

It was not possible to pay with credit card, we had to withdraw money first. Also, it was not possible to lock the bathroom door

You get exactly what you pay for, nothing more and nothing less. The price of this hostel is absolutely perfect, but that’s it

• Reviewed: January 5, 2018

The only thing met my expectation is good location, just 10...
    • Twin Room B

I questioned myself that its that the Northern Culture or Beijing people or hotel staffs are not really friendly. No daily cleaning room service, no towels unless you requested and the room was so small and smelly, all facilities were so out of date that comes the expensive rate for a double room.

The only thing met my expectation is good location, just 10 mins to the Subway station Line 1 easily heading to Forbidden City, Wanfujing Street and Shopping Malls.

• Reviewed: October 29, 2017

Great location in hutong near Forbiden City.

Great location in hutong near Forbiden City. Room was not so clean and bathroom was very old and never cleaning. I don´t recomend for couples. But we was group of friends and so we don´t mind to stay in this kind of accomodation. In this location price was corresponding with quality. But no breakfast!

• Reviewed: October 27, 2017

Only if you're desperate.
    • Standard Twin Room

They lost our booking. The toilet door was broken and couldn't be locked. The room was very small and extremely basic. No towels. No toilet paper. No sheets.

The location is great.

• Reviewed: July 30, 2017

DO NOT STAY HERE
    • Twin Room B

I wouldnt reccomend this place to anyone. The sheets were dirty, the staff were asleep in the main communal area. The room was terrible and the beds uncomfortable. On our last day there we found a cockroach in the bathroom. DO NOT GO HERE.

The location is very central

• Reviewed: June 7, 2017

Unprofessional and Dirty

This property needs to update what they have listed on booking.com. Beijing has recently stopped almost all use of credit cards in substitute for alipay, union pay, etc. I purposely sought out properties on booking.com that would accept credit cards. When I arrived there, they said, "Oh, actually, we just changed boss, and he does not want us using credit cards anymore." It was 11pm at this point, so I insisted that I had no other way of paying for the stay. After discussing this for a bit, the attendant finally pulls out a credit card machine, and says that it is fine. I then go to the room, which is extremely dirty. I sleep there for one night, and decide to cancel the remainder of the three night stay. Of course, I wouldn't expect a refund for night #2, since I was not giving them 24 hour notice. However, it is well enough time to refund me for night #3. It says on their booking.com listing that you may cancel if given more than 24 hours of notice. They told me that no refund could be given for the third night either, even though I then handed them the room key and was clearly not going to use the room. This was extremely unprofessional, not to mention slightly fraudulent. Clearly they had time to clean the room and give to someone else.

Convenient location.

• Reviewed: January 13, 2019

There is no actual restaurant/bar on the property like...

There is no actual restaurant/bar on the property like the pictures and descriptions say

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: December 30, 2017

Very friendly and accommodating staff!

Very friendly and accommodating staff!

• Reviewed: July 2, 2017

Bathroom

• Reviewed: June 21, 2017

Nice place

Toilet didn't work and wifi didn't work in the room

Friendly staff, good AC

• Reviewed: May 24, 2016

Good area in Central district, bar, hot water in corridor...

When i arrived early morning i have a bit lie from staff. They say that check-in time in 2pm (in really 12am), i guess they want that i left for sleeping and pay for one more day, although on the booking.com write about early check-in time for genius travelers. Room was some dirty and had one small window. Too noisy, every morning I heard sneezing, blowing the nose, burping Chinese, and these guys, as you know is not shy. Shower and toilet very small.And be careful with deposit receipt if you lost this one, you not will return your money. Overpriced print document service. A man who meeting me early morning not speak English at all.

Good area in Central district, bar, hot water in corridor for tea or coffee. They allowed left my language after checkout for some hours.

• Reviewed: May 9, 2016

Location, but stuff pretended not to understand when...

Location, but stuff pretended not to understand when complaining, no window in the room! Stinky bathroom, no towels even promised

• Reviewed: May 3, 2016

- very clean hostel

- staff is not very friendly and doesn't help when you want to do a trip to the great wall for example

- very clean hostel - good location near the forbidden city

• Reviewed: April 14, 2016

The location is pretty good.

I only need three things from a hotel I stay at - a bed, WiFi, and clean sheets. This hotel managed one out of three. They did have WiFi routers running, but neither I nor another customer could connect. The bedsheets had several strands of hair in them. Also at the time I booked the site stated that one could pay by VISA. When I arrived I was told that this would not be possible. In addition I was required to leave a deposit, it wasn't a big deal, but really should've been stated clearly before booking.

The location is pretty good. You're right by the Forbidden City and about a 10 minute walk from pretty central subway stations (Wangfujing and Tiananmen West).

• Reviewed: April 11, 2016

Close to Tian'anmen Sq, staff are helpful

Very noisy - local guests yelling late at night are never asked to be quieter. Tiny toilet/showers, and only two for all the dorm rooms

Close to Tian'anmen Sq, staff are helpful

• Reviewed: April 10, 2016

Staff are helpful and knowledgeable

There are many Chinese tourists, so noise, yelling, slamming doors all night and early in the morning are regular occurances. There are just two showers for all the dorms, situated over the two toilets - so toilets are unavailable when people are showering

Staff are helpful and knowledgeable

• Reviewed: April 7, 2016

It's close to Tian'anmen Sq and attractions there,...

Rooms have no windows, small, and there is no outside area

It's close to Tian'anmen Sq and attractions there, but quite a long way from the metro.

• Reviewed: April 1, 2016

Very friendly and helpful staff, available 24hrs.

Although very clean, there was a dank smell in bedroom and bathroom. Water pressure was terrible.

Very friendly and helpful staff, available 24hrs. Wifi available throughout and very close to forbidden city and night markets for food.

• Reviewed: March 14, 2016

Location, price, Great Wall trip (even if they didn't...

The staff barely could communicate in ingles, I paid for a room with bathroom inside and it was closed and it smelled super bad.

Location, price, Great Wall trip (even if they didn't informed that you have to pay an extra 100 yuan to get on the top of the Wall)

• Reviewed: February 23, 2016

Quiet location close to tourist sites and food.

Staff friendly however not so helpful or professional. We did a tour to the Great Wall and were told we should be in the Restaurant at 7am for the included breakfast. All six tourists were on time but there were no staff up. I had to wake the staff member sleeping on a seat in the restaurant to get things started. We were subsequent late for the tour. We had a Chinese dish for dinner in the restaurant on night it was the worst meal we had in China. Would suggest you eat out!

Quiet location close to tourist sites and food. Big breakfast (not included) and hot showers.

• Reviewed: February 14, 2016

Good location.

Whole area smelt like sewerage. When you have a shower water runs into room and fills in shower smelling real bad.. Apart from one staff member all others indifferent. No soap or toilet roll. Even with heater on full still cold.

Good location. Not bad price. I am hoping my negative part was only due to the fact it was New year celebration

• Reviewed: January 26, 2016

Staff part is English, very accommodating front desk officer.

Staff part is English, very accommodating front desk officer. Location perfect!affordable price. Been booking this hotel many times everytime we visit Beijing. Worth to stay again and again.

• Reviewed: January 18, 2016

The hostel really near Tiananmen Square and not too far from...

The bathrooms, there were only 2 of them for several rooms, it was a bit awkward since the toilet which I blocked two times was in the same space as the shower. I booked and paid for 7 nights but after the 6th when I went back to my room after a long day out, I found my bed cleared out and all my stuff in my bags and someone told me that another person was occupying my bed! Upon going to the reception, I explained to them that I didn't check out and that I had one more night there... They asked me if I wanted to change to another bed which I refused because they already made a mistake with my locker which I had to change after someone was given mine the same day. In the end I didn't have to change my bed...

The hostel really near Tiananmen Square and not too far from the metro station 王府井. The staff mostly very friendly. I was in a six-people dormitory which I recommend if you look forward to meeting people when travelling alone (well I wouldn't recommend if you're light sleeper) The bedding are simple but comfortable if you don't mind the bed being a bit hard. The hostel has a small restaurant-bar with reasonably-priced food (reasonable for Beijing and this area). I guess I'll stop by again.

• Reviewed: January 9, 2016

I would definitely recommend this hostel to each back packer...

There were just a few negative points such as: - the twin bed room was without a window and daylight - the bath was quite small

I would definitely recommend this hostel to each back packer because: - The staff is really friendly and helpful - The hostel is near the main sights of beijing in a old hutong quarter, you can reach the forbidden city and the inner city in a less than 10min walk - The hostel is opened 24h - The team speaks perfectly english - breakfast is tasty

• Reviewed: December 25, 2015

The proximity to everything is perfect.

The lockers. I have an osprey 60 aether. Couldn't fit in the lockers outside of the hostel rooms.

The proximity to everything is perfect. Anything within the first ring is walkable. They provide towels for you and their restaurant is pretty good too! The best thing however, if you're traveling alone, is meeting and becoming friends with other travelers at in their hostel bar! Great memories!

• Reviewed: December 22, 2015

Location is excellent - close to Tiananmen Square, loads of...

A number of the staff were rather indifferent to many of the guests, WIFI was not very strong, unfortunately.

Location is excellent - close to Tiananmen Square, loads of good local restaurants and the night market and only about a 15-minute walk to the closest metro station. Bed was comfy, dorm room was warm, duvet was snuggly soft. I was there in off-season so there was never a line for the bathroom (and it didn't smell, so either the problem of past reviewers was solved or...), nor was there any cigarette smell in the hostel. :-)

• Reviewed: December 11, 2015

Fast wifi connectivity, various food options in the...

no electric kettle so we have to find a way to get a hot water for morning coffee.

Fast wifi connectivity, various food options in the restaurants (esp. serving western food), easy check in and out service. Location accessible to all point of tourist area. Cheap room, small but quite comfy. Hot shower and spacious and tidy bathroom.

• Reviewed: December 7, 2015

Very friendly happy staff and very helpful.

Shower head didn't fit the holder for it so I needed to hold the shower head while having a shower. That's the only thing wrong though .

Very friendly happy staff and very helpful. Room was very clean and even had a no smoking sign in there. Excellent location from Tiana men square. I'd stay here again. Great price too.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2015

Good location you get what you pay for parts of the staff...

Unfriendly, unhelpful staff. They just looked at me surprised when they saw me carrying 2 pieces of luggage 20 kg each, didn't ocurr to them to help me open the door or anything. Also when I asked the distance to the airport they were too lazy to look it up. Food in the bar was also really bad and overprized. I had spaghetti carbonara but the spaghetti wasn't cooked long enough and the portion size was really small. (But I guess one shouldn't expect much of western cuisine in China) The dorm room was messy and there was not enough space. Also my space on top of the bunk bed didn't have its own ladder so I had to climb up the bed next to mine and then go onto mine from there - this doesn't work when there's someone lying in the neighbouring bed though. Only two toilets (with built in showers) which were kind of dirty for the whole hostel. Luckily I was only there for a few hours during the day before catching my flight.

Good location you get what you pay for parts of the staff speaks english

• Reviewed: October 31, 2015

Cheap rates, very close to palace and shopping areas.

staff were terribly rude which set an uncomfortable atmosphere. Dorm room was a dive. shower area had loose electrical wires near water and a glass panel door visible to the corridor. laundry service was extortionate.

Cheap rates, very close to palace and shopping areas. Arranged an excellent and well priced great wall tour.

• Reviewed: October 25, 2015

Location and staff are great !

But the smell is terrible and i actually had difficulties to sleep with the terrible smell that was coming from the bathroom

Location and staff are great !

• Reviewed: October 25, 2015

Location was great.

Ive never slept in a harder bed in my life. Tiny rooms,very uncomfortable.

Location was great.Just a 10 minute walk to the Forbidden City. Nice bar in the reception.

• Reviewed: October 12, 2015

Very good location but to find the hostel it's better to...

Showers!!omg! Who had an idea in his mind to put a plug and wire on the same level with shower top? That was pretty scary to take a shower in this cabin. The other shower was ok. No area for guests to hang around, just a sofa near check in counter and a small cafe with drinks.

Very good location but to find the hostel it's better to save the picture instruction. I stayed in 6 beds dorm, it wasn't that comfortable. I moved to 4 bed dorm the next morning , that one was pretty decent and good price. In this type of room is much more space and it's more clean. You will have your own towel and slippers. Internet was ok. Breakfast is pricy but it's fine if you are lazy to look for local places. They have western breakfast as well. Staff speak English and can organize taxi, excursion or laundry for you.

• Reviewed: September 28, 2015

The staffs are very nice indeed, they speak proper English,...

The food at the bar is quite bad and expensive. One of their manager is quite rude (the fat one), but he will leave you alone if you don't stay near him.

The staffs are very nice indeed, they speak proper English, the hostel has nice view and bar, it's located near the Wangfujing walking street, Thienanmien and many other nice building, you should stay here if you want a close and cozy place not far from another modern and busy Beijing.

• Reviewed: September 7, 2015

I know that you can't complain about the price and location but staff unfriendly and the bed wasn't really a bed as it missed a mattress.... And sleeping on wooden plank is not for me. when We left they forced us to pay 100 yuan for making the already dirty sheets dirty.... I think I would have had better night sleeping on the Beijing Metro

• Reviewed: August 27, 2015

Good localization, close to the forbidden city.

Extremely hard to find - the coordinates given on booking.com are not valid. We wandered for an hour before we found that place. The cleaningness of the bathroom could be improved. WiFi signal in the room not so good.

Good localization, close to the forbidden city. But not too close to metro station. Drinking water available for just 1 yuan.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2015

This hotel was in a great location, the staff were helpful...

the drainage is poor leading to the bathroom smelling quite badly, even small marks on sheets are to be paid charged extra.

This hotel was in a great location, the staff were helpful and polite

• Reviewed: August 24, 2015

The staff was great!

There are only two shared bathrooms for those guests staying in rooms without private bathrooms. The toilets and showers were in the same place (common in China), which could be a problem when a lot of people want to shower or use the toilet around the same time. I avoided this problem by showering at night (most other foreigners shower in the morning). Luckily, sinks are outside so you could brush your teeth at any time.

The staff was great! The beds were soft and comfy and most rooms were fantastic. There are lockers in each room and in the halls for travelers to use. They also give all guests a free towel to use, which is not common in Beijing. The location is also super convenient. It was easy to find since I looked at a map beforehand. Just remember: Nanheyan Dajie, two hutongs south of Donghuamen. You could see the hostel from the main road, Nanheyan. Since I had an almost-unpaid internship, I had to stay in a cheap but clean hostel, and for the month or so I stayed there, I had little to complain about.

• Reviewed: August 19, 2015

Friendly stuff good location

I bought my train tickets there asking for sleepers and I got hard seats. After taking an unexpected hard seat train ride I arrived to my next destination and changed my tickets to sleepers. Do not buy any train ticket with them. Doing laundry was also very pricy

Friendly stuff good location

• Reviewed: August 5, 2015

Location is good but had to struggle a bit to find out.

Congested rooms. But worth it. Given I paid 50 bucks for two days.

Location is good but had to struggle a bit to find out. Nonetheless very close to Tiananmen

• Reviewed: August 4, 2015

The wifi was good, location was a bit far from the metro,...

The bathroom: the air vent didn't really work, the shower was directly above the toilet, so wet seats after showering, there was no electric socket in the bathroom, but also none close to the mirror in the room. The doors are not sound-proof at all. Super hard mattresses, even for asian standards.

The wifi was good, location was a bit far from the metro, but overall very near to Tian'anmen, the staff speaks good English and is very helpful, the breakfast was a bit costly, but tasty, free luggage storage on check-out day, good AC.

• Reviewed: July 27, 2015

Very good staff, Alex - especially.

Be aware that if you want to pay credit card you`ll be charged additional %. This was not said in hostel description.

Very good staff, Alex - especially. Valking distance to shopping street, metro and forbidden city.

• Reviewed: July 26, 2015

Cleaner used bleach, always cleaning corridor and shared...

Poor lazy management, stroppy young receptionists made foreign guests wait until she finishing phone conversations and hard for them to take their nose out of their phones plus, unfriendly/ reluctantence to help. Overly cramped foreign dorms, dirty dusty floor with lots of litter and left over travellers' items under bed. Asked to sweep/ mop - no result. In already packed room manger and worker left dirty smelly plied high belongs to store in dorm. Kept coming into room to take things from room. Compared to locals' rooms they had clean well kept environment.

Cleaner used bleach, always cleaning corridor and shared showers and toilets. Hot water. Lady trying to sell trip and tours friendly and fairly helpful .

• Reviewed: July 24, 2015

Good location.

I was in the 6 bed room. Very small, should be a 4 bed dorm instead. WiFi not good at all. Beware of map on booking.com shows wrong location when asking for directions.

Good location. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2015

the location was perfect.

bathroom... very low hydraulic pressure... thats why it took longer time for shower.

the location was perfect. all most places were walk distance. we were from Qingdao by speed train. train stops South Beijing train station. it was very easy to get into this hostel by subway.

• Reviewed: June 20, 2015

It was cheap and the staff are friendly.

The room smells like sewage and the staff have poor English even though they advertised English speaking staff. The laundry was more expensive than other hostels that we stayed at. There were no activities offered within the hostel.

It was cheap and the staff are friendly.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2015

地理位置很赞,服务态度也不错。

房间内的手机信号不是很好,Wi-Fi几乎等于没有。 The signal of wifi is not good.

地理位置很赞,服务态度也不错。 In Beijing, such a metropolis, the Location is key. it is ten minutes far from Tiananmen Square, which is a good budget choice.

• Reviewed: June 10, 2015

its in a great location and my room was nice very...

its in a great location and my room was nice very comfortable bed. staff are friendly and offer to take your suitcase to the room, gave me an umbrella when it raining and directions.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2015

Location is nice, very close to forbidden city, shopping...

Facilities need improvement, beds are not really comfortable and toilet and showers not nice either.

Location is nice, very close to forbidden city, shopping malls and Chinese market. They have also a restaurant bar very convenient, overpriced to be honest.

• Reviewed: April 28, 2015

The location is amazing.

The staff was super unhelpful and the price is not a good deal. You get the bare minimum I would expect for a hostel at that price, less considering going it's china. The staff really pushes the tours of the hostel instead of helping you find other options.

The location is amazing. Exit Tian'amen west from exit D. Walk straight. Take left on Nangeyan. Walk about 8 minutes. There will be an alley named Ciqiku. You can see the hostel from the entrance. No taxi knows te location but it's really easy and takes less than 15 minutes.

• Reviewed: April 26, 2015

I was there for one night cause I did not buy the Tour...

I was there for one night cause I did not buy the Tour ticket from them, they make suffer by taking a teksi to travel. They are evil. I am 50's I didn't understand their language.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2015

Excellent location - middle of Wangfujing and Forbidden City...

I think the owner should at least consider changing to a new mattress. It is really worn out.

Excellent location - middle of Wangfujing and Forbidden City and nearby subway. Staff are helpful and definitely worth the money spent if you are on a budget and just need a place to sleep.

• Reviewed: March 23, 2015

The staff were probably some of the friendliest people we...

The staff were probably some of the friendliest people we met in China. We stayed during Chinese New Year and the owner bought a bunch of firecrackers and fireworks to celebrate. They have a restaurant/bar in the hostel so the staff hosted a dumpling party as well. It had a great atmosphere and was a comfortable place to stay in Beijing especially for the price. The hostel is a two minute walk to the night market and Wangfujing Street.

• Reviewed: March 19, 2015

Ok location.

The 5 bed dorm room was actually a 4 bed storage room with staff coming in all the time that looked nothing like the photo. No key card look as advertised as was storage room. The wifi was bad. They have a 100 yuan key deposit what is not good when you are leaving the country.

Ok location. The communal areas was nice.

• Reviewed: March 15, 2015

Good service and close to everything

The singled was great but the bunk bed was really bad. The madrass was 2cm thick. Really hard and not comfy. Our toilet smellt like sewer.

Good service and close to everything

• Reviewed: March 1, 2015

I had an enjoyable stay at this hostel, very basic and a bit...

Noise from outside from someone's faulty air con kept me awake one night. The window had a wall in front of it so didn't let any light in, made it harder to wake up in the morning without aid of an alarm

I had an enjoyable stay at this hostel, very basic and a bit rough around the edges but it's a typical budget hostel and I would recommend it based on its very central location, less than ten minutes walk from the subway and right next to the Forbidden city. A major plus for this place is the staff. Very friendly, welcoming and cheerful and helped to create an enjoyable stay.

• Reviewed: February 23, 2015

The location in the hutongs is right within reach of The...

It is an old building in an old area. The showers can be near enough above the toilet. The toilet can be cramped, if you're tall, expect a squeeze. That said it was fine and wouldn't put me off returning.

The location in the hutongs is right within reach of The Forbidden City. Bar and restaurant in the reception area. Plenty of advice for tours, walks, places to see. Warm rooms. Short walk from two subway stations and inner city bus routes. Plenty of restaurants, snack markets and shops open late nearby. Quiet side street location ensures no traffic noises interupt your shut eye.

• Reviewed: February 22, 2015

The location was great, just a short walk from the Forbidden...

The hostel was, well, dirty. I've been living in China for 3 years, and even by Chinese standards the facilities were rather lackluster. For example, the bathroom and shower stall are the same, and both seemed rarely cleaned.

The location was great, just a short walk from the Forbidden City. The staff was nice and helped as best they could.

• Reviewed: February 5, 2015

Free WiFi

Really hard to find, taxidrivers don't get the address. Beds are really bad... We've changed our booking after one night. Still had to pay 400+ RMB..

Free WiFi

• Reviewed: February 1, 2015

Location, suited minutes walk from Forbidden city, and main...

Honestly '5 bed dorm' is just a storage room, with staff constantly in and out to access back room as well as constantly leaving the door open while aircon heater is on. Just annoying. No lockers, anyone could actually access the dorm. Meanwhile Bunkbed had no laddders, but you had a half broken chair to climb upon.

Location, suited minutes walk from Forbidden city, and main shoping street as wel as Chinatown. Wifi is reliable overnights/early morning.

• Reviewed: January 25, 2015

Feel Inn was great value for money.

It would be good to have some kind of common room - there's just the bar.

Feel Inn was great value for money. It is close to some great places, and the staff were usually very helpful.

• Reviewed: January 24, 2015

Pretty good bed, wifi was okay, restaurant was nice but...

Shower facilities were clean but very Asian, where the shower is above the toilet. Also, couldnt figure out how to get warmer water in the shower, because machines were in Chinese. The default was pretty cold. If you go travel with subway a lot, it might be a bit far away for some. (15/20 minutes)

Pretty good bed, wifi was okay, restaurant was nice but portions felt small for some meals, really cheap drinks and food though (water bottle for 1 yuan aka 10 eurocent). Staff was friendly, not all spoke English but there was always at least one English speaker around. Can tell you a lot about tourist attractions and local area and offer trips to these attractions (didn't take any though) Location is really nice, 10/15 minutes from tiananman square and forbidden city and 15/20 minutes to subway

• Reviewed: January 20, 2015

great location And friendly staff that speak English.

they have a cool bar but it's a little expensive. Don't like the toilet/shower being one room.

great location And friendly staff that speak English. Lockers in room for safe keeping. Very good value.

• Reviewed: January 19, 2015

Wifi, helpful staff with enough English, option for trips to...

Shower is just a dribble of water which isn't helpful at the end of a 10hr sight seeing day. Bed and pillow hard. Would be great to pay using a credit card rather than cash

Wifi, helpful staff with enough English, option for trips to the Great Wall, small cafe/bar

• Reviewed: January 18, 2015

+ Good location close to metro

- Internet worked only on computers next to reception - hot water was like hot girls in Beijng...there were none:)

+ Good location close to metro + tourist office nearby + very helpful stuff + good food and snacks + nice international atmosphere in the hostel and restaurant

• Reviewed: January 14, 2015

- Good loation in the center of the city;

- The laundy is expensive. I paid 140 Yuan (~18€) for 7 Kg (price is 20 Yuan/Kg). Also the landry was not folded or ironed and some of my shirts were not clean after washing, so they had to wash it again. - The bathroom smelled awfully, it was nearly unbearable

- Good loation in the center of the city;forbidden city, tianamen square and Wangfujing Snack Street are easily reachable by foot - Friedly and helpful staff - Good western food in the hotel restaurant - The trip to the great wall to Mu Tan Yu has a fair price - average value for money

• Reviewed: January 11, 2015

cheap

-Located far from the metro, difficult to get a taxi in the street. -The sheets of the bed and towels were very dirty and there is a toilet smell in the room as there is no windows in the room. -the bathroom is really small and old without separation with the toilet. -The personal of the hotel said to booking.com that I did a no-whow. I was asked to pay no-show cost. Unfortunately for them I had the proof that I came. -We choose a trip to the great wall through the hotel, but it turned out to be an organized scam, the trip was great wall+Ming tomb all included. But we were asked to pay again in the bus, we spent only one hour on the wall and then the guides brought us all day to visit all shops around. The departure was at 7 o'clock but we waited almost 1.5 hours before the bus started. Same when coming back, they spent more than one hour cleaning the bug...and we just wait. We never seen the Ming Tomb ... If you want to see the great wall, go by yourself taking a standard bus. "Shopping Guides" are really useless, they were just trying to convince people to buy a lot of things ...

cheap

• Reviewed: January 10, 2015

My feeling is a little weird.

My feeling about the staff is complicated. At first I felt they were rude: when I asked how to get to the art district, they did not help me at all. But when I had an issue with my plane they helped me a lot. Don't book any trip for the great wall, go by yourself, some guys spent hours picking up people in Beijng before actually leaving for the great wall. I did not care about that but the shower is in the toilets. Some of you might dislike it. Clients are mostly Chinese.

My feeling is a little weird. The first thing I would say is that I expected much worse than it is. I mean it is the cheapest hotel of Beijing and it is more than fine. I was there in winter (-10 outside) and it was f… cold outside but so warm inside and you get hot water at anytime. I shared a two beds room, which is nice. The restaurant that is inside the hotel is really cool. Food is sick and cheap. You get your own heater for the room and it woks very well.

• Reviewed: January 10, 2015

Staff very friendly and helpful, most of them spoke English.

Nothing I didn't like about my stay at the Feel Inn.

Staff very friendly and helpful, most of them spoke English. Location only 15 minutes to Forbidden City. Good size room with heating. Cafe/bar served lovely food and good selection of drinks. Managed to book Great Wall tour at reception, very reasonable price and was an amazing experience.

• Reviewed: January 7, 2015

Every staff was really kind and friendly and...

Nothing. haha

Every staff was really kind and friendly and restaurant's food was very good for western people I think. And very cheap expense even though it is located in Wangfuging, one of the most popular tourist attractions.

There are also 4 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

We Price Match