2. Germany hotel reviews
  3. Berlin Federal State hotel reviews
  4. Berlin hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Hotel ARRIVAL

Reviews of Hotel ARRIVAL This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Lietzenburger Str. 30, Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf, 10789 Berlin, Germany

#585 of 596 hotels in Berlin

5.9

5.5

5.6

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: November 30, 2018

Too expensive for the quality of the room provided

Booking.com tricked me into a rather expensive room. I arrived in hotel arrival,I was taken to a room but since the room was filthy they had to provide me another room. Later another room was handed over .It was unclean itself. I had to call housecleaning service twice. Also, the quality of all the furniture was super bad. They promised toiletries but I was given all in-one handsoap+shampoo+showergel. The food at breakfast hall had stale breads. When I complained the female at the reception said it is not the hotels responsibility. I had paid 50€ per night for a single room. But only when I reached hotel I realised that a single room was 35-40€ and booking.com tricked me into paying more. I couldn't change my hotel as I was at conferences 24×7. I feel booking.com cheated me. The rooms don't look lije the one's shown in pictures.

The property had hot water and free wifi.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

Good for a short stay

Everything was basic. It was good, nothing was missing, but basic. The room and the bathroom smelled a little bad; the curtains didn't cover the whole window; decor was minimal. People working there were efficient, but not smiling nor communicative.

Having the breakfast included, the position (2 min from the underground station, and in a beautiful area of Berlin); also, the free parking was really super and comfortable for us, who were traveling by car but used public transportation to get around town! We only spent one night, and for the price we paid, it was fair.

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

Hotel is near U3 metro station.

Rude Russian breakfast restaurant personnel. Until now they write in the website of the hotel: "At Saturday and Sunday the breakfast buffet is set until 10.30 am.". But really breakfast is set until 10:00 am everyday. I had my breakfast at 9:50 am. But some people came at 10:00 or later and claimed where is breakfast. The man from restaurant was very rude. As we told him about breakfast time in the website, he said "This is not my problem. Tell them from hotel". I said: "You are hotel!". He said: "No". The atmosphere was very unpleasant. We felt unwanted. They wanted us to get out as soon as possible. The restaurant personnel has no interest to correct the mistake in the website because it is still there.

Hotel is near U3 metro station. Very comfortable to get to the lines U1 and U2 (1 stop).

• Reviewed: October 26, 2018

Great location, excellent free parking perk, and good breakfast - awesome value all-around

The entrance to the parking lot was a bit difficult to find but, the wait was worth it. We saved in parking almost the same amount we spent at the hotel!

Fantastic location! Easy walk to the public transportation infrastructure. Another awesome perk was the free, fenced parking at the rear of the property. Parking in Berlin is an absolute premium so this was a great find!

• Reviewed: October 23, 2018

It was pretty close to the center.

The staff. They were unfriendly and unprofessional. When I arrived the receptionist could not speak english which is not a big deal however she gave me the wrong room (because I was alone but i got the double room) therefore i had to exchange (myself) the rooms with the right customer. The next day, i suppose an another receptionist just entered my room and grabbed and started telling me to check out. This is a huge problem. First she entered without knocking and she did that several times before. I tried to explain to her that i booked for 2 nights so i have 1 more night left but she didnt understand. Telling me thats the room 201 you have to move out now and check out. I showed her my booking reference after that she calmed down a bit, asked my name and then left. Without saying excuse me or sorry. What a warm welcome from Hotel Arrival...

It was pretty close to the center.

• Reviewed: October 4, 2018

For one night stand ok

They charge credit card already before arriving and dont accept another payment. Very poor room, bad breakfast, staff ok.

Good location but nothing else

• Reviewed: September 27, 2018

It was ok.

Pillows and bed were uncomfortable and the cleaners didn't replace the towels they took and didnt refil toilet paper when they serviced the room

Location was perfect as its close to shops and public transport.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

More or less acceptable for one-night stay, when travelling with a car.

Everything, except parking and location, could be better. Old furniture, old bedding, no sound isolation... And they started vacuum cleaning at 7.00 AM in the weekend in the next room to ours...it was not possible to sleep.

Location and parking were the two things I liked.

• Reviewed: September 13, 2018

It was OK and practical.

It was a little expensive for what it was. Not big fan of the prams with dolls in...but then again it was so unusual it brought humour to the experience.

The breakfast was very good and the room was very clean and functional.

• Reviewed: September 11, 2018

The hotel is situated at a nice location.

Breakfast didn't had much option and wasnt'great. Lighting of the staircase, rooms could be much better

The hotel is situated at a nice location.

• Reviewed: September 3, 2018

Very convenient location and relatively cheap compared to...

The sheets didn't fit the bed, the curtains don't block out the light and street noise is pretty loud even with closed windows.

Very convenient location and relatively cheap compared to places nearby.

• Reviewed: September 2, 2018

Free parking

Every thing was not good: Furniture is too old, housekeepers open the room suddenly two times while we are inside the room, reception workers aren’t supported gusts, breakfast staff is very rude and we didn’t finished our breakfast because of the staff every one minuet come to us and ask to eat very fast to close restaurant while we come to restaurant before 20 minuets. Also, when i go to bring some milk, they come to our table and take our food and clean the table!! When I asked them who took our food?! They answered we don’t know!! When I informed the reception they ignored us and talked with us negatively!! This is the worst hotel I have ever seen in my life !

Free parking

• Reviewed: August 30, 2018

The hotel is situated close to the tube, the price for night

Hotel is old, room was old and destroyed, we do not feel comfortable, parking place is very small, breakfast have been one of the worst what I have had. I am not recommend this hotel.

The hotel is situated close to the tube, the price for night

• Reviewed: August 18, 2018

Good location Hotel

Bad cleaning ( too much work for one cleaning women), lazy people who didn' go to smoking place and smoked instead from windows and smoke game to other rooms, as it was hot and windows had to be open( smoking forbidden in rooms), terrible pillows. Wish that Hotel rules would be in russian language as russians don't understad germany or did't want to understad and they acted like "European owners" !

Clean towels everyday, friendly receptionist, central location

• Reviewed: August 6, 2018

central location, free parking
    • Quadruple Room

bathroom was ok but not clean (hear on the floor and ceiling), available glasses were all different but more importantly... they where dirty.

central location, free parking

• Reviewed: July 28, 2018

- free parking
    • Quadruple Room

- No aircon but the staff was so kind of lending us an electric fan (they call it ventilator)

- free parking - helpful staff - location - value for money

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

Great location. Good service.. limited facilities.

When staying a few days you like the opportunity to do laundry.. store water.. and make a cuppa in the room before going to bed... No guest laundry. No fridge. No tea coffee facilities...

Breakfast was amazing.. service lovely

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

I was tired and any place was OK to crash down on my bed but...

It was all fine until i lifted the toilet lid, the sitting desk was all pissed and very dirty

I was tired and any place was OK to crash down on my bed but it was not so awesome

• Reviewed: April 27, 2018

Fun little hotel for families

Beds were not made to look like it was a new room on a daily basis. Outside of the building need some attention as it is lovely on the inside. Show guests how to open the metal blinds that block the windows so natural light cam come into the rooms.

Staff was not the typical helpful Germans. Language was an issue in communicating as they did not speak English nor understand my German.

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

The location was ok

The staff were rude - particularly at breakfast. Say 'hello,' get a hostile look back. The pictures of the rooms on here are totally misleading - the furniture is old, paint is peeling off the walls, cleanliness is certainly not up to standards. I left a "do not disturb" card on the door for the whole stay as I don't like to waste towels etc - the room was serviced nonetheless (very selectively, I might add). Sure, this is not a big issue, only the card is there for a reason. I didn't want anyone in my room so I felt my privacy was breached.

The location was ok

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Good value for little money

The bathrooms are really small. Breakfast was very basic with nothing warm served but we were surprised it was included in the price. Better than none.

The rooms are very basic but were enough for a weekend-long stay. The staff spoke very basic English but we managed to communicate. Free onsite parking was great to have. The hotel is located around 6,5 km away from the Brandenburg Gate.

• Reviewed: April 14, 2018

DO NOT RECCOMEND AT ALL! DON'T GO!!

Not even close to the photos, the place is old, wasn't clean at all, we found hair on our pillows, beds and towels. The breakfast didn't taste like fresh food, the bread was old and hard. Really bad experience.

Nothing. Awful place. Do not recommend.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2018

Great location few hundred meters from the center.

Very basic but for what we paid it certainly done the job especially for few lads.

Great location few hundred meters from the center. Has private parking which is great.

• Reviewed: March 10, 2018

Cheap, but you get what you pay for

Staff did not know which rooms were available at the moment, I had to go with the receptionist as she went to each floor and asked the maid on that floor if any rooms were available. Pretty weird for a hotel.

• Reviewed: March 1, 2018

Amazing!

The breakfast was amazing! The staff was very friendly. They had a lot of information out on things to do in Berlin, which was great for comparing prices and simple planning.

• Reviewed: February 28, 2018

very avarage place to stay.

They didn't have any lockers, plus the staff couldn't speak English during my stay.

Clean and enough warm to sleep comfortably at night. the internet speed was good.

• Reviewed: January 4, 2018

NEVER AGAIN, should be demolished !!!

Worse hotel ever! Dirty, room/beds were never cleaned, staff incredibly unhelpful and cold (no one spoke English!!), noisy (paper-thin walls), uncomfortable beds with no proper linen, zero bathroom amenities, low quality food at breakfast...impossible to believe this is rated 3-stars!! It was more of a school dormitory. Way over priced for what you get!

Parking and WIFI included

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

Stay in Arrival Hotel

The hotel was nice, a good location, close to several U-bahn stations and a train station. The room was clean and confortable. The breakfast not very varied but I didn't went hungry. Good quality-price relation

• Reviewed: November 27, 2017

Good location, close to Kurfürstendamm (a little bit far...

Good location, close to Kurfürstendamm (a little bit far from Schönefeld Airport). My room was not on the street side so it was quiet. Breakfast was also good.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2017

Budget stay. Don't expect too much.

The rooms felt not clean...sticky floors...had a bit of difficulty communicating!

The decor was funny somehow, can't say I didn't like it! You felt like you are in some comic strip walking the corridors... Breakfast felt not fresh!

• Reviewed: November 3, 2017

central heating pipes need to be serviced.

Noise from the pipes.

central heating pipes need to be serviced. You can have a hard time going to sleep because of the sound of water running through them.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

Okay if you have to just spend the night

The structure is really old and not good looking, plus the "maritime" decoration is a really cheap choice. There was mold in the bathroom and even though everything seemed clean the surface of pretty much everything is damaged.

The price was excellent and really cheap, the location near the U-Bahn is the real strong point of this hotel. Seemed to be clean, ideal if you just have to sleep

• Reviewed: October 20, 2017

Mini-break in Berlin

Without the breakfast this would have the feel of a basic hostel. Not many extra comforts like armchairs etc. in the rooms - it's more a safe place to leave your belongings and a bed for the night. Once I was done with walking during the day there wasn't much to come back to after dinner.

Simple, clean, hotel ideal for a short stain Berlin. Very central location - 10 minute walk to Zoologische Garten Station and Ku'damm. Some great restaurants nearby (Hasir - Turkish, Elefant - German/Schnitzel are two that I liked). Wide breakfast selection. Great value for money considering the location.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2017

NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!

Personal, Room size, not clean, Very noisy,

Really bad Hotel. Dusty, NOT Clean, very old furnitures, and the Breakfast was also very very bad. The personal is all from Polen and VERY Bad service minded!!!!

• Reviewed: September 11, 2017

If it will be the cheapest option not far away from center, you can take it just to sleep

Unfriendly staff, terrible breakfast which they took away immediately at the time of closing. Bad facilities, terrible shower.

WiFi is ok, region is not so far away.

• Reviewed: September 7, 2017

Great breakfast but mediocre room upkeep

The room could have been cleaner. There was a bit of dust and dirt on the floor and in one of the desk drawers there was an old cigarette butt and some popcorn! The room was showing its wear with cracked door frames and other small damages. It wasn't a big deal since we didn't expect a fancy room for the price we paid.

The hotel was average. We were given a large 4-bed room though we just booked a double, so we had plenty of room for 2 cribs. The hotel has several cribs available. The breakfast was very good with a large variety of foods (sweet, savory, light, or more hearty). Beware, they are pretty strict on when you can get breakfast (7-10am I think)

• Reviewed: August 15, 2017

ok

We don't like that the staff around the breakfast is not friendly. One day there was no coffee and every day the staff stop the breakfast 09.45u and not 10.00u

For that price the hotel is ok. I like the free privat parking and the shower with hot water.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2017

Leave before you arrive! Don't book here!

If you like dusty rooms, slanting canvas on the wall and trashed nightstands, this is the right address ... Old, worn and or broken. Upon arrival hair in the shower and toilet of a previous traveler. It took them 3 days to clean it up. Old tupe lights on the ceiling. The elevator creaks like it's having its last day. Hygiene does not exist in this hotel. As the bread rans out and the coffee machine is empty, the disinterested staff was out for a smoke. The corridors and dining room are fully painted with theme travel 'arrival'. I would say 'departure' and don’t book here. I just can’t understand the people who give this hotel a good review. Value for money does not apply to this hotel… Don’t book!

Large room, close to the metro.

• Reviewed: July 29, 2017

Good place for sleeping after sighteeing

No warm dishes on breakfast, lack of good place to use a computer in the room, old-school furnishing (can be a advantage for somoene:)).

Not expensive hotel with private parking in the nice part of Berlin. Metro station and bus stops near the building, a lot of shops and restaurants in the neighborhood. 20 min by bus to Brandenburg Gate (around 10 min to bus stop of the line 100 which can be used as a "tour bus") . Breakfast is ok, a lot of stuff to choose but no warm dishes. Clean bathrooms, rooms quite normal with old-school furnitures (90's). Free Wi-Fi. Good place to sleep after whole day of sightseeing, but not for working. Good price for this standard of hotel.

• Reviewed: July 28, 2017

Expierence

The rooms were not really good. The window shields couldn't close, so it was light in the room. When we told the staff about this, they said they knew it! We got another room, but there was the same problem. It would get fixed 2 days later, but we didn't saw it. Also nobody speaks English!

The breakfast was really good! The parking place was nice.

• Reviewed: July 28, 2017

Very poor!

The most unclean room I have ever been too, the pillows,towels and TV have been used from the time of my grandfather.. was so old. I was very disappoint with hotel!

Breakfast not bad, friendly staff without communication cuz no English at all!

• Reviewed: July 20, 2017

Affordable hotel near the centre

Room with dust, hair and sticky floor.

I liked the decoration. We travelled with our 6-year-old son, and he was really happy with the vehicles painted on the walls. I liked the fact that there were three beds and we could pull them together. Breakfast was simple but OK, nice tea sortiment! We didn't try the coffee. They had lovely ham!

• Reviewed: June 26, 2017

Nice and clean budget hotel with excellent location
    • Quadruple Room

it was a bit stuffy in the room

Very nice budget hotel. Spacious room, comfortable beds. Great location just few metres from U-bhan. Breakfast was very nice, matched to different needs. Parking only for guests right behind the hotel - perfect.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2017

Berlin stay for me and my partner

Bed was a bit hard and the pillows were very soft. The room was fine but it would have been nice to have some tea and coffee making facilities in the room

the hotel location was good as it was not far from the Zoo and the main shopping area of Berlin.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2017

Very good if you look for parking, good location and a decent room at a reasonable price

Breakfast is below average. You get an ok coffee and an ok warm chocolate, and you also have other things like eggs, cheese and ham, plus corn flakes and some other things but choice is not large, especially of "healthy" things and the "zwieback" has been probably lying there fore ages.... do not eat that!

The location is very good, very close to the U-Bahn (1 min walk) and to KaDeWe. The free parking in the inner yard was great My room was quite large for one person, but I think I was lucky.... There were 4 beds in that room.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2017

Very disappointed from the theft, the staff negative attitude, I will never return to this hotel

the crew did not speak english at all,no one to communicate with only in russian,the team speaks only russian and alittle german,my last night some one from the them stolen from my room,cell phone,camera.perfume,i suspect one of the staff from house keeping the subject was repoted to the police along time after i complained to the receptionist, reception staff and the manager were indifferent to what happend and what going on with the theft rooms are not clean,old fashion hotel,no polite attitude from the staff speaking only russian,no safe,no door for wardrobe, it is simply ashame that i ended the trip in such ashameful way

breakfast is reasonable,there are not many different of cheeses,vegetables,the fruit is old and rotting the coffee was good,the bread too

• Reviewed: June 15, 2017

In general, the hotel is small, simple and okay for a short...

The room was very small, but what can you expect for such a low price. I was quite negatively surprised to find plastic cups for juice and water at the breakfast.

In general, the hotel is small, simple and okay for a short stay. If you are planning to spend most of the time outside discovering the great city, it's a good place to stay. The location is indeed perfect. 2 metro stops away from the Deutsche Oper and the metro station is less than 1 minute walk from the hotel.

• Reviewed: June 7, 2017

5/10

The bed is uncomfortable plus there is a bad odor in the room. We had to leave the window open all the day to decrease this smell. The room was not clean enough. A lot of dust everywhere. The breakfast is fair but the staff were not welcoming. At 9h50 the lady starts looking at the time telling us indirectly to move on because the breakfast is served till 10.

The location is good, 2 min walking from Augsburger str. Station (metro U3). The reception staff are nice.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2017

free parking, good breakfast, good low budget hotel, good...

Bad smell in Hotel, very confusing to find parking (you need to ring the bell before you arrive to the gate), Street very noisy (no isolated windows)

free parking, good breakfast, good low budget hotel, good location (approx 10 minutes walk to KaDeWe, Gedächniskirche, Bahnhof Zoo, next subway in 1 minute walk)

• Reviewed: May 22, 2017

worst hotel I ever stayed in

The hotel is not worth the money. In the room the painting was peeling off the window. Old and thin towels. Unfriendly stuff. Very cheap breakfast with lowest quality of cheese, cold cuts etc. Only one kind of rolls (cheap white oat). The worst was that they expect the guests to clean up the table and to carry the used dishes to a special dish cart.

Only the location was good

• Reviewed: May 19, 2017

Maybe ok for young travellers on a tight budget.

Rooms are not like on the pictures, furniture are old and worn, rooms are not very clean. You get what you pay for.

Close to the U-bahn and shopping centre.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2017

It is cheap but not worth it

Could not really shut the windows (with curtains), so light came into the room in the morning - could not sleep very long. Lighting was broken in the shower, so it was dark. The furniture is old, breakfast-room is in the basement. I can not recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2017

Never again in this hostel!!

There was a technical problem:they charged me for the room but they give it to someone else!!! So no room for me!!!!the receptionist doesn't speak English!!! Very hard to comunicate!! Had to divide a room with my friends..3 in a double room...and I still had to pay for it!!! Don't recommend this hostel to anyone!!!Noise all night long!!!not happy at all!!

• Reviewed: April 17, 2017

Location is nice, close to U-bahn.

Employees speek a very poor english, causing many difficulties in communication. Breakfast is very poor also. Lots of problem with noise. Cleaning is somewhat poor.

Location is nice, close to U-bahn.

• Reviewed: April 16, 2017

the location is good enough, very close to an U-Bahn station...

the breakfast buffet could use a bit more diversity basically it is just hard boiled eggs and ham, there is no safety box in the rooms, there were dirty bed covers inside the closet, thin walls, no room service and if you do the check out (you have until 11,30) you can leave your luggage there...right at the reception, under a table they don't have a spare luggage room you leave it right there and they take "no legal responsibility (Haftung) for any personal objects", plus they have dolls on the hallways that's creepy

the location is good enough, very close to an U-Bahn station and a couple f blocks away from Kufuerstendamm and the place is clean and the staff is Russian but they do speak German or English and the beds are comfy and warm

• Reviewed: April 8, 2017

Excellent stay

Only one staff member speaks english, it was not a big problem, but it could be better.

Big room with a confortable beds, very clean, excellent breakfest and good location, close to a variety of restaurants, one step to metro station, stores, bars and 15min walk to the zoo.

• Reviewed: March 17, 2017

The garden (car parking) was nice.

In my room there were too much dust. I think they cleaned my room 5 days before I came.

The garden (car parking) was nice. All floors have different dekoration which I like so much :) Breakfast was really good.

• Reviewed: March 12, 2017

Ok

Room was much smaller then in the offer and all equipment old. It was cold. Instead of having big double bed we have received 2 single beds together.

Location is very good. Breakfast was also fine and enough for everybody. Everyone can find something there for sure. Room clean.

• Reviewed: March 6, 2017

I don't think so...

The price was too big to the standard. Breakfast was so poor. The styling of hotel was so weird. The clean service doesn't clean the room till my 2 nights standing.

Nothing at all

• Reviewed: January 23, 2017

The one and only advantage was location just by the Kurfürstendamm.

It should have been cleaner. No working hair dryer. Bad breakfast. The stuff seemed not to like their job.

The one and only advantage was location- just by the Kufütsgendamm

• Reviewed: January 20, 2017

Emergency stay

Big selection for breakfast for the cost. We had a mishap with our other reservation and had to find a place to stay at around 23:30 the same night, they were very accommodating!

• Reviewed: December 26, 2016

Great place to stay

Can't think of anything! Great location and transport links, and excellent breakfast

Excellent buffet breakfast, lovely clean shower and toilet, nice big room

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

It was all excellent.

It was all excellent. We also request for late check out and we were given some extra time without inconveniences

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

Free parking, good location to U bahn

Room was basic

Free parking, good location to U bahn

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

Breakfast very bad,my child didn't eat behaviour of...

Breakfast very bad,my child didn't eat behaviour of staff not good

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

Overall it was allright, if you need just basics - shower and a good night sleep.

Room wasn't very clean. Place needs some refreshing.

Very good location.

• Reviewed: October 25, 2018

Good Breakfast, location close to the underground,...

Building and rooms old. Staff don’t speak English.

Good Breakfast, location close to the underground, commercial center and restaurants

• Reviewed: October 24, 2018

location, good and free breakfast, private parking

the hotel looks like in 80 years. everything is old and destroyed.

location, good and free breakfast, private parking

• Reviewed: October 20, 2018

Low quality hotel in a good location

Noise in the corridors Uncomfortable bed Pictures look much better than reality

• Reviewed: October 19, 2018

• Reviewed: October 17, 2018

Value for money.

The hote is located in the city close to the shopping areas, train station and bus stops.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

quiet hotel in a good location which really suited my purposes, my thanks to the staff.

The staff were helpful, especially with my delayed luggage. The location was great for me and I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Arrival.

• Reviewed: October 14, 2018

It was a old hotel and I love old.

They had breakfast included.

• Reviewed: September 30, 2018

Breakfast was great

Breakfast was great

• Reviewed: September 24, 2018

By far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Closer to a crack den then a hotel

We Price Match