Reviews of Barcelona Princess 4 stars

Avenida Diagonal, 1, Sant Martí, 08019 Barcelona, Spain

#263 of 516 hotels in Barcelona

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

The room was beautiful, clean and comfortable.
    • Superior Double Room with Terrace

The lifts take forever. The food is quite pricy. The room service only serve cold food after a certain time which didn’t leave much from the menu to pick from.

The room was beautiful, clean and comfortable. There was a free mini bar which was refilled daily. The balcony area was stunning. We had a view of the ocean and the city which looked amazing at night. Right outside was the public transport link and a huge shopping mall with lots of choices of restaurants. It’s also about a 5 minute walk down to the harbour where they have jet ski hire, scooter hire, boat hire etc. and more restaurants and a supermarket. The walk to the beach is only about 10/15 mins and 30 mins by metro into the city. You can also rent bikes from the hotel at a good rate and can store them in the hotel car park at no cost. The cocktails are delicious. You can buy a Barcelona travel card which gives you access to buses, trams and metro links all across Barcelona. I bought one for 3 days which I think cost me £15. You can buy them online and pick them up from any tourist information centre.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

A lovely hotel in a great location, would recommend and visit again.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Oscar the bell boy was less than polite and made us feel we were a nuisance to leave our bags for a couple of hours after checkout, despite reception saying it was ok. When collecting our bags we were left waiting for a different bell boy 10 minutes and after asking reception a second time to assist us, the young lady produced a key and said, ok I will get them, again, we felt like we were a nuisance. The rest of the hotel staff were very helpful, so, in general we were happy, everyone has an off day.

The hotel, the location, the breakfast and most staff were all wonderful, would stay again and recommend. The pool was warm and beds comfortable. Hotel provided a half bottle of cava and dessert during our first night as it was my daughters birthday. Free mini bar was also a lovely touch and was replenished on our 2nd day. Very easy to get around on the tram, 10 rides for €10 - tram stop was just 5 mins walk. The tour bus stop is right outside the hotel.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Good location and rooms ok.

services at hotel

They couldn't provide a ironing service but a 24 hour laundry service. If you arrive the night before and have an early meeting this is not helpful

Nice stay!
    • Double or Twin Room

The only negative point for us was the long waiting times for the elevators to come which could be due to the high number of guests. The pools in the roof and 3rd floor was also a little smaller than what we except.

Very friendly and welcoming staff (especially the reception team), the hotel is in a very good location near to the metro station and a very beautiful beach. The handy device in the room and the free mini bar was an extra bonus.highly recommended.

Beautiful place
    • Family Room

Room was clean, the staff was very friendly, helpful and polite. There were gifts and amenities from the hotel also small bottle of champagne for my wife Birthday present from the hotel.

Bed-shower-towels- shampoo and gift- breakfast - avocado and...
    • Double or Twin Room

Rudeness of some in the staff on the information desk- bad smell coming up the pool on Sunday - windows uncleanliness -

Bed-shower-towels- shampoo and gift- breakfast - avocado and shrimp salad- sea view- lobby- elevator

Good breakfast and great views.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Not really the hotel’s problem but some selfish person had been smoking in our room at some time in the past. Shower leaked onto the floor of the WC - needs a little maintenance.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast good with lots of variety and good coffee. Good location for the beaches and the tour bus stops right outside the hotel. We had a room on the 22nd floor with a great view of the sea and sunrise.

Sold false dreams of a roof top pool
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooftop Pool was out of order the whole time we stayed here. The only reason we booked this hotel was for the rooftop pool!!!! Had to fork out to pay entry for a rooftop pool near by in a different hotel. We had no warning at all the pool was going to be out of order. Also the rooms were dark and wooden.

I liked how clean & friendly the staff are, the view is...
    • Double or Twin Room

The location is kinda far from the center of city that’s only disadvantage

I liked how clean & friendly the staff are, the view is amazing, the pool on top floor is incredible ❤️

My review
    • Double or Twin Room

The fact that i did not get told the pool was closed for manufacture reasons before i booked the hotel, this really annoyed me because i booked the hotel for the rooftop pool

I liked the view from my room and the overall cleanliness was good

Location was great , only a tram or bus ride away from the...
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Beds very hard and firm, request for twin beds as per booking not actioned by reception staff despite several requests . Breakfast good but is expensive

Location was great , only a tram or bus ride away from the main sights . Great resteraunts within walking distance

Breathtaking views, good location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Only downside was that the pool on floor 23 was closed due to being repaired, I switched to this hotel because of the pool, and I was disappointed that the whole level 23 was closed, even the bar.

I loved everything about the hotel, we got room 1 on floor 14, which had a breathtaking view of the city. We also had a free mini bar, which was stocked daily. We also got a tray brought to our room when we was out, it had a free bottle of champagne on ice and a cake for us, with a lovely message. Next to a huge shopping mall, with loads of places to eat and a huge supermarket.

Good for short trip
    • Double or Twin Room

Lovely hotel, small beach area 10 min walk opposite. Next door to shopping mall & tour bus stop right outside. Good choice for breakfast only thing some of the food was cold & waiters quick to whip plate away when finished even if you were planning on getting more. Roof top pool was closed for maintenance

Pool out of order, with no apologies remorse or offer of compensation
    • Double or Twin Room

The pool was out of order until further notice. No possibility to change hotel as we weren't notified. No offer of any compensation.... except the paddling pool on the third floor was available.... you couldn't swim in it unless you were under three foot tall.

We booked the Hotel for the roof top pool. On arrival we were told that it was out of order until further notice. This was extremely disapointing as the only reason we booked it was to experience the pool. I would not pay the rate we paid for a hotel if it hadn't got the pool. this was a special trip for one of my partners big birthdays, so we weren't happy :-(

Okay, but definitely not a 4-star hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Upon arrival, we were told that the rooftop pool on the 23rd floor was out of service. Unfortunately nothing was done to repair / resolve the issues while we were there, so we didn't actually get to use the pool at all. It was one of the things that most attracted me to the hotel, so I thought it was quite rude that they still charged me the full rate despite not being able to use this pool. The pool on the 3rd floor is far too small to accommodate all the guests, as there are 26 floors worth of rooms (so lift queues are also an issue, as there are only 3 lifts). Once checked in, although the rooms look pretty, our bathroom was dirty. We were offered another (smaller) room, which we declined and asked for our bathroom to be cleaned instead. When making the booking, I booked a room with a king size bed - just be mindful that there are no king size beds in any of the rooms. All rooms have 2 single beds that are pushed and clipped together, so I often found myself in the gap in the middle of the night. Also, despite turning the aircon off, the room still became extremely cold in the middle of the night - I stayed here at the beginning of September, so it was disappointing to feel cold all the time in the room. Don't bother paying for the breakfast here when the mall is just next door - the breakfast is far too expensive and very carb and pork heavy. Overall, lovely hotel, but not a 4 star hotel in my opinion, and definitely far too expensive for what they offer.

The location is excellent - right nextdoor to diagonal mall, where you can find most shops and restaurants. About a 10min walk to beach. The rooms are quite cool in the sense that the blinds are all electronic. There is no bathroom in the room per se- there is glass separating the toilet, sink and shower from the rest of the room, so again, there is an electronic blind that can come down to create more privacy. The shower is also pretty cool.

Nice view from the room, free minibar, clean and tidy places.
    • Double or Twin Room

When I booked I've looked for a hotel within this price range with panoramic/rooftop swimming pool as main preference. We were informed only after arriving that the pool on the 23rd floor is not possible to use only what is only on the 3rd floor. Very disappointing. Also was uncomfortable the unflexible check in time.

Nice view from the room, free minibar, clean and tidy places.

Not a 4 star hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

The rooftop pool was closed for maintenance the whole time we were there. There is no tea/coffee facilities in the room You're not allowed to bring any food or drink from outside not even water and snacks etc, and you feel as if you are being watched Everytime you walk in, feels more of a prison than a hotel.

Room was clean.

good experience
    • Double or Twin Room

parking is rather expensive but the price for the area

for a small supplement you have a sea view, super. the hotel offers what you may expect from a 4 stars. good public transport possibilities (driving own car in town is a waiste of time) and near the commercial center.

The staff was not friendly and not helping us when we had...
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff was not friendly and not helping us when we had problems. The pool on top floor was closed and te pool on 3th floor is to small to lay comfortable and there is no sun at that pool. The rooms are old and the showers dirty. We hang also a “do not disturb” on the door but staff came in our room. I’ve been in many hotels in my life and this was really one of the worst experience I had. Normally I like to give a good review and skip the bad put this time I feel realy like doing this. I defenitly don’t recomend this hotel and....

Rooftop pool in renovation without notice anywhere
    • Superior Double Room with Terrace

We booked the hotel for the rooftop pool which wasn’t open. You should let people know that. Price is too expensive without this available.

The terrace was very nice.

Short Visit
    • Superior Double Room with Terrace

Bath was dirty with dark scum marks around it, arrived at 4am and had to clean bath myself before i could use it. No coffee or tea which would be nice Shower screen had no rubber along bottom, so on showering water was all over the floor. Glasses used for drinks not cleaned after use and had to wash my own glasses.

The bed was comfy, room spacious; nice views. good provision of free drinks in fridge although only one of each and given it is a 2 person room 2 of each would be better.

I wouldn’t recommend to a friend.
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The bed was rock hard, very uncomfortable. Also the main pool was closed the entire time we were there which was annoying, the hotel should have compensated us for that considering we payed a lot of money for the hotel and all it’s facilities.

The the view was good.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Great hotel is you are visiting the conference centre.
    • Double or Twin Room

Stormy weather caused some issues in the corridor outside my room but outside control of hotel. WiFi did not work in my room for part of the stay - again this could have been linked to the storms.

Hotel is modern and well presented. Close to the conference centre. Chilled soft drinks in room were free of charge - something not often offered. Friendly bar.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Not the best location

We found the location not ideal. It’s quite far from the central location and you will need to get the metro which took about 30 mins to Les Rambles. The pool was always shut and we were not made aware of this.

Very clean. Nice rooms with free “gift bag” with essentials (tooth brush etc). Close to beach.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Enjoyable, friendly and great room!
    • Double or Twin Room

Instead of a double bed it was two single beds put together which can often leave a gap in between the two beds.

There was a brilliant breakfast included and the mini bar was free and restocked everyday! The WiFi was really fast, the staff were friendly, the food and drink was reasonably priced and tasty! The rooms were really trendy and the black out blinds in the room meant that we had a great nights sleep.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Amazing room & views, average service.
    • Double or Twin Room

Poor service at front desk. Staff not that friendly. Passive aggressive signage.

Amazing room. Beautiful views. Modern & stylish design. Fantastic views from glass lift. Free drinks in mini bar. Free mobile to use.

Location clean room
    • Double or Twin Room

Pool was broke Sauna broke It was part of the reason I chose Barcelona princess I should be given 1 free night next time I come to Barcelona

Location clean room

A lovely relaxing stay
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The top floor pool wasn’t working and it was the main reason I chose the hote as it was our 10 year anniversary so wanted it to be a special treat

The hote was modern, clean, friendly. It was a 5 min stroll to the beach and it was great for the tram and metro, we had an amazing room. The mini bar in the room was feee and toooedbip daily it had clean towels and dressing gowns there were free shampoo and shower gel that got replaced Dailey it was air conditioned and perfect for what we wanted. We went to the breakfast that was good and the corner bar was nice and relaxing. It was disappointing that the pool wasn’t working and we weren’t told that it would be shut but the rest of hotel was great.

Brilliant!
    • Double or Twin Room

The location is a bit out of the way from the main part of Barcelona, it’s not a massive deal as the metro is incredibly easy, cheap and safe to use but a walk in and out to the harbour would have been perfect, from the hotel would have taken about an hour each way.

Incredibly modern hotel with everything you could ever need all under one roof. Our room was well equipped and the mini bar being refilled everyday free of charge was a nice touch. (Included 2 bottles of water, a coke, a lemonade and a beer) Our bed was really comfortable, we didn’t have any issues at all with the room which included a free spacious safe deposit box, most places require a deposit to use it at first. We also received a little gift bag each day full of toiletries from the cleaners. In terms of the hotel itself it is right beside a large shopping centre that has lots of places to eat and a lot of shops to suit all tastes, the hotel is also within a short distance of a beach and a metro station that can take you all over Barcelona.

Overall very enjoyable.
    • Special Offer - Double Room with Massage

Pool was very small. Elevators very slow at times. Bed not too comfortable

In a nice location close to beach. Quiet area. Only about 15 minutes on metro to main city centre

I liked rooms.
    • Double or Twin Room

First of all the internet problem. Bathroom near the bed is very often problem for hotels. When we moved in we noticed that the internet speed was about 3 - 5 mbits and the wi-fi signal was very weak and not consistent. Staff moved us to another room and this internet problem was resolved. But as I think they did not took this problem to account and won't fix the issue itself, so be aware. Next the pool problem. For some reason pool on the 23th floor was closed from September 5th. Actually there is another pool in the hotel, but it's depth like 1m and size is pretty small. Third is the cleaning problem. For some reason cleaning in our room took time very late. It was like you went to breakfast, then went to walk, then went to pool, then went to room like at 3 - 4 pm and no one've cleaned your room yet. Forth is the elevator problem. You can wait it literally 20 minutes. When breakfast time it better not to use it at all and use the stairs instead.

I liked rooms. My room had remote controlled curtains and louvers and separate bathroom (usually at the most anticipated hotels bathrooms are located just near your beed in the same room — it's not comfortable when you're not travelling alone). Personal was kind and helpful. Breakfast was awesome. Diagonal Mar shopping mall is in the same building as the hotel.

It was just fine, nothing extravagant.
    • Double or Twin Room

-hotel lobby is not so comfortable -not all reception staff are accommodating -hotel room does not have complimentary coffee/tea, no kettle compared to other hotels -room lighting is too dark especially when the shades are down, no choice for customers -no laundry bags -the floor was not swept/vacuumed so well -pillows are not comfy -TV channels are so limited, TV unit (volume) is not functioning well

-very near the conference center and shopping mall -mode of transportation is very accessible

Disappointing honeymoon
    • Premium Suite

The jacuzzi was empty on arrival and every time we wanted to use it the technician had to come and heat it up which took the spontaneity out of the jacuzzi.

The views were amazing

The Hotel Princess is loctaed far away from the center of...
    • Double or Twin Room

The Hotel Princess is loctaed far away from the center of Barcelona, in spite of quick and easy access to the center by Metro, so it is very suitable for those who looking for close calm beach. The hotel is enough locations for love couples including two very beautiful swimming outdoor pools. The only weakness would be the poor quality of the gym whose equipment is out of date and no mirror in the gym. The rooms are very clean and bed so confortable not to forget that the quality of the bearkfast is of high quality and full of differnet tastes. I will definitely return to this nice hotel and fantastic Barcelona again.

Hotel facilities were excellent !
    • Double or Twin Room

Location wasn't the best if you wanted to explore the city. But taxis are easy and accessible so not that much of an issue

Hotel facilities were excellent ! The room was lovely & both pools nice! Beach 2 minute walk away. View was lovely

Rooms are really good for the price
    • Double or Twin Room

Elevators are very very slow Breakfast - especially the powdered eggs was pretty awful Was told by the front desk there was no Irons/Iron boards in the hotel??? cleaning staff found me one in 2 minutes...

Rooms are really good for the price

Amazing

Coming home

Amazing hotel. Hotel even suprised me with champagne and cake on my birthday witch was a loverly touch. Can’t fault the hotel at all all round amazing.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Walking distance to beach was convenient and if you like...
    • Double or Twin Room

Poor breakfast options. Buffet only and expensive.

Walking distance to beach was convenient and if you like shopping it’s next door to mall. On the edge of suburb, end of metro line.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Nice hotel my children and myself enjoyed our 5 day stay .
    • Family Room

The lack of sun beds by the pool .

The 3rd floor pool and bar ! The chill out room on the 23rd floor . The lovely bar staff at both bars . The lovely receptionist she was very friendly . The friendly door men . The late check out was very helpful thank you .the free mini bar nice touch !

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Lovely hotel we had a room overlooking the city great views.
    • Special Offer - Double Room with Massage

The location was quite far from the main las Rambla but the metro was very easy to use and quick to get about

Lovely hotel we had a room overlooking the city great views. Very helpful staff and the breakfast was very nice.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

The breakfast was amazing, the location superb (subway...
    • Double or Twin Room

Elevators took usually more then 5 minutes to arrive and there was a homeless person camped in front of the hotel's main entrance with two large dogs every night begging and irritated if not given money. However these two things are literally all the things I can point out as flaws, everything else was excellent.

The breakfast was amazing, the location superb (subway station near, tram stop even nearer, beaches short walk away, large shopping mall directly adjacent to the hotel). Staff friendly, room clean. Very suprising thing was that the minibar (three soft drinks, two alcoholic drinks) was completely free of charge and refilled daily - I was very happy about that.

Very cool place
    • Double or Twin Room

Water, I felt like taking shower with swimming pool water, however I don't think so is a hotel problem, probably water in Barcelona in general is like that.

In our room we had big, comfy bed. It's clean and comfy in general. We had great seaside view and minibar was included in the price of the room, which was nice.

Short stay in Barcelona
    • Double or Twin Room

During our short stay (one and a half days) in Barcelona Princess we didn't like just a few small things: the hairdryer was too heavy for a woman and possibly broken and we didn't like that the bed wasn't fixed and could move while sitting on it. Also, we arrived really tired and therefore the check in seemed a little too long.

Most of the other things that one could expect from a hotel were excellent at Barcelona Princess and presented quite explicitly. Some of the things that stood out were these: • great staff - courteous, attentive and speak fluent english; • information everywhere - most of the things were easy to find; • very clean and nice room; • great and qualitative food; • amazing views from our room; • great location for a short tourist stay - there is a natural sciences museum (geology, archeology and zoology mostly) and an old guard tower nearby or if you prefer shopping - huge center practically in the same building.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Excellent facilities in a great location.
    • Double or Twin Room

My partner returned late to the hotel and there was no security at the door, she was told to wait in the taxi by the receptionist because there was a guy standing outside the hotel acting suspicious. The whole episode could have been handled a lot better by the hotel by having security there to deal with this, it caused my partner a lot of stress. On a separate note there's not enough lifts, can't do much about that now of course but there's a lot of waiting around for a lift.

Very good value for money, staff were nice and efficient, room was big and clean, check in and out was quick with no hassle.

fine, no fills hotel. Reasonable value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

Not one English speaking channel and no pay-per view option. Shower wasn't great. Room was always cold. the pool looked a little moldy, could have done with a paint.

bed was comfy. breakfast was nice.

Different perspective of Barcelona...
    • Double or Twin Room

The lifts in hotel are sòooopooo sloooowwwww .... had to wait 5 - 10 mins every time we used them .

The hotel was great ... location was great for us slightly further out than we usually book ..saw a different side of Barcelona as a result which was fantastic

Amazing!
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Our only tiny criticism is that we didn’t have anywhere to dry our wet swim things in our room.

We can’t recommend this hotel enough! The hotel is so clean , the food is delicious and the staff are so helpful and friendly. It’s in a quiet area but that why we booked it. The transport into the city is brilliant with a metro stop very close to the hotel. The pool areas are wonderful and our sea view was perfect!

Beautiful and fun
    • Double or Twin Room

The 23rd floor pool was just a strip of pool so it wasn’t very big The gym bar restaurant was nice, nice staff however the timing of receiving the food was very slow so when we got the chips we ordered they were not crunchy but quite soggy. The pillows in the room were not very great, they had one long pillow then one giant pillow, I would’ve preferred if it was just the normal 2 pillows

I loved the hotel, it’s always always clean, the reception had this amazing smell which we both loved. The drinks in the mini bar were refilled everyday and were free!! Because it was my birthday I turned up to my room with a bottle of champagne and a brownie with a candle and a note which was so kind. The fact that we were given robes for free, slippers and toiletries was great.

Misleading and unhelpful
    • Double or Twin Room

There were a lot of misleading items. The pool looks great on photos but in reality it's tiny and barely any space to sit round. The staff were unhelpful, wouldn't allow us to keep the room on as we had a late flight, offered to pay and told hotel at capacity, yet they were still selling rooms on their website and booking.com for that day. They don't provide an iron and instead charge for an ironing service charging a further 50% if you wish to have your items back the same day. The toilet also isn't private, which if you aren't staying on your own isn't ideal. As they claim to be a 4 star hotel you would also expect them to have a curtesy room at the very least (something provided in all similar hotel ive stayed in). They also provide a gym (very small) but again no shower for this either. I'd never personally use this hotel or chain again.

Looked fancy on first glance

Bed was really comfy & room was nice & clean &...
    • Double or Twin Room with City View

Gym wasnt really a gym so should not be advertised when booking. Being a tourist hotel, there was no english TV or in house movies. Pools were small for such a big hotel. No hotel transport to book to go into town available

Bed was really comfy & room was nice & clean & modern. View from the room was great.

The view was nice.
    • Superior Double Room with Terrace

It was not as close to the beach as I had thought. When I asked the front desk how to get to be beach I was sent In the opposite direction to the port. The pools look much better in the pictures then they actually are. The furniture in the room was beat up and the door handle to the bathroom was broken.

The view was nice. The balcony and the size of the room.

Good location, good environment, a lots of services, very...
    • Double or Twin Room

Just the breakfast because it’s a routine breakfast it’s same i mean nothing change

Good location, good environment, a lots of services, very close to the beach, attached to the mall , the view from the room was magnificent

Loved the different decor and the clean lines of...

Nothing!!!

Loved the different decor and the clean lines of architecture in the rooms. Minimalistic rooms with beautiful bathroom area . Very classy . Loved the sea view from the 21st floor .

Loved it
    • Double or Twin Room

- 2 single beds attached to each other to make a big bed. Not very comfortable to me personally. - biggest downside to this hotel is the location! Very far from the center although the metro station is right beside the hotel! If it was a good location i wouldve rated it a solid 9!

-unique rooms -we were on the 9th floor out of 25 floors and the view was amazing -very clean -if you like to pamper yourself this is the hotel for you. -nice staff -good location to get to the beach! 6 min walk - hop on/off bus literally stops at the entrance of the hotel so that was very conveniant

Complimentary drinks in the mini bar, close to the beach, a...
    • Double or Twin Room

Pool areas a bit small for the number of guests

Complimentary drinks in the mini bar, close to the beach, a Metro station and shopping centre. Breakfast also very good with a big variety.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

The "swimming" pool at the 3rd floor bar.
    • Double or Twin Room

The absence of a proper way / parking to stop the car when you arrive at the hotel. You have to turn on the warning light and stop in the middle of the street unload the luggage and let the hotel personnel park your car somewhere.

The "swimming" pool at the 3rd floor bar.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Good location although out of Centre but easy to get there...
    • Double or Twin Room

Good location although out of Centre but easy to get there on the metro Hotel was clean and tidy and staff were great Room had fantastic sea view

Relaxed stay in a great location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Lifts...there are 3, but feels like they are never working ;-((( There needs to be an additional electrical plug next to the bathroom mirror, and the hairdryers are made for men only, as it's super heavy and uncomfortable to use.

Check-in desk: Marco - from the moment we arrived, he really made an effort, always with a smile and made us feel very welcome. The 23rd floor pool is great, lovely way to relax and get the sea-views. Lovely breakfast buffet, lots of options. The location is fantastic, as you are away from the hustle & bustle of the center, and for those who have been to Barcelona and done all the tourist sights, this is great when you just want to have the beach...

Staff were very helpful, and always had a smile.
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was very expensive. Just went to cafe across the road.

Staff were very helpful, and always had a smile. Room was lovely and clean and they gave us an upgrade and champagne for our anniversary.. Hotel was beside the metro which was good for getting around.

The sea view and it's near to the beach
    • Double or Twin Room

They didn't provide ironing kit and the elevators not enough you have to wait 5 minutes and sometimes more

The sea view and it's near to the beach

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Would not stay here again
    • Double or Twin Room

The pools were very small the cost of restaurant and breakfast very expensive 19:50 Euro for breakfast is disgusting should have been included in the price Men at the pool smoking weed and sexually harassing my 17 year old daughter. No tea or coffee making facilities in the rooms.

The rooms and views

Meh stay

Waiting for lifts was unreal. 3 lifts configured so badly that getting one took ages. Tiny enclosure for shower and toilet was claustrophobic even in deluxe room Swimming pool on lower floor was more a pond shallow up to waist The other one on 23rd floor offers good views of the sea but more like a party pool with 20 year dudes blasting horrible music and smoking weed.if it's your cup of tea you will love it

Fab breakfast one of the best I ever had in hotels great variety,comfy bed ,very polite and courteous staff. Fab views over Barcelona from top floors matching the ones from tibidabo Shopping centre nearby with nice restaurants

Good location, good wifi and facilities, easy to get to,...
    • Double or Twin Room

Not many restaurants around, breakfast pretty expensive and long waits for the lifts.

Good location, good wifi and facilities, easy to get to, trams and underground very close~200m walk.

very good impression.
    • Double or Twin Room

very good breakfast but too expensive -19eur/person. You may choose spanish bar next to hotel in price aprox. 10eur.

very good impression. Close to beach and metro. small but comfortable swiming pools ( two ). Beatiful view on the Barcelona or Sea - depends on the room You have. Highly recomended.

Good location close to beach.
    • Double or Twin Room

No iron, no balconies or windows that will open in standard rooms. Top rooftop pool very busy

Good location close to beach. Clean rooms although we did pay more and switch to a room with a balcony as the standard rooms do not have one

Perfectly reasonable and acceptable for adults but I wouldn't want to take children
    • Double or Twin Room

Slightly too far from town for walking but transport system more than adequate, swimming pools were just for cooling off in, no good for children or swimming

Polite staff, good food, room very comfortable

Good stay!
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The lifts take ridiculously long and it appears to still stops on floors that have been served by the other lifts. If you're on A high floor where taking steps is long, you probably have to give yourself 5 minutes to get downstairs. Also, the cleaner didn't seem to have respect for the stuff in out room as things were always moved or knocked over and not our back. Sheets weren't changed and floor not moped. Long hair always found on floors when we returned to the room. Didn't appear to have English tv channels, Which Is fine, but then it should be a smart tv so you can project from a device. Pools are nice, narrow. An an additional indoor one would be great. Oh and my bed kept moving.

The staff were really friendly and welcoming. Blackout blinds were amazing. Couldn't fault the breakfast selection. Always looked forward to it in the mornings. Room was nice and nicely laid out. Always received fresh towels and they give you a free mini bar, though we didn't make much use of it as it was mostly soft drinks. The hotel magician was awesome!! It was a very nice and unexpected treat as we were waiting in the lobby on our last day.

the location.
    • Double or Twin Room

for me to park my rented car took ages to come in. the beds were 2 single beds combined, i was paying more the 150 per night and the beds weren't comfortable.

the location.

Perfect location to enjoy the sites - beach less than 10...
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing to mention, highly recommend.

Perfect location to enjoy the sites - beach less than 10 mins walk away, bus tour stop outside the hotel and shopping centre less than a minute away. Staff very, very friendly and helpful. Room service great and cleanliness of the rooms and the hotel fantastic.

from i dont know ti excellent
    • Double or Twin Room with City View

the elevators takes 4-ever to get somewhere (i was in 22th floor)

on may birthday i went out when i came back there was a present in my room, and birthday wishes in my language;)

Good stay at good hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

elevators are really slow, breakfast could improve, the pools are more decorative than really swimming pools

Room was perfectly ok, great ocean view, comfy bed and i love the bathroom with the glass window. Minibar was for free, air con worked perfectly as needed. Location next to the shopping center with great things for children

Beautiful rooms - paying for an iron!
    • Double or Twin Room

Paying for ironing? Come on really ! No shower gel or shampoo left daily Left ironing to be done and it wasn’t collected Breakfast 19 Euro!

The room view

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Barcelona Princess Stay
    • Special Offer - Double Room with Massage

Very poor design, 3 elevators for a 26 floor hotel. So the waits and crowds were a huge let down

Beautiful Hotel, good location, 1 of the best breakfast buffet of any hotel I have stayed in, lovely views.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Good location, walking distance to the beach, tram or a nice...
    • Double or Twin Room

Good location, walking distance to the beach, tram or a nice walking trip to the center. Very good breakfast, also gluten free and without lactose. Friendly staff.

As much as I'd like to give it a second chance, probably won't stay there again
    • Double or Twin Room

There's a lot to write: 1. In a 20+ story building out of 3 elevators only one was working and being on 7 floor it was taking sometimes up to 15 minutes!!! To get down to lobby. Having stayed only one night, we even had to take emergency stairs that lead outside only, still faster than using elevator. 2. Room is designed in a way that it's one with shower and toilet and for whatever reason shower had a weird smell, which impacted the whole experience quite a bit 3. We've ordered breakfast, which is served up until 10:30 we came at around 10:10 and at 10:37 we we're informed that we have 5 min to finish. Maybe it's a local thing, b don't know. Never had that kind of treatment in any hotel in the world (traveled Europe and the US quite a bit). 4. At about 9AM room service guy knocked 3 times briefly and entered the room right away, all it as if it was his home, just to inform us that he'll be cleaning the room in 15-20 min. WTF? 5. Parking is super unintuitive. If you did not request it, you'll never know things like you have to park on -5 floor and to do that you have to have a password. We've never been able to figure it out. Additionally when we came back after hanging out in the evening the gates to the parking garage we're closed. No one said a word about it when we were asking about parking at the reception desk. 6. During checkout we we're never asked whether we liked the stay or not, which is the only reason why I bothered writing all this. There are more little details like the ceilings in the halls (not sure if it's mauld or renovation material above your head). The bottom line is I'm not sure how the hotel got 4 stars.

Browse Barcelona Princess traveller photo gallery