Reviews of Merdeka Palace Hotel & Suites This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Jalan Tun Abang Haji Openg,, 93000 Kuching, Malaysia

#52 of 77 hotels in Kuching

5.9

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

I am honoured by your service...........
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A hotel that honour their customer request, hat up......breakfast was superb... fill up my tank...hot water and bed thumbs up......and room is spacious.....thanks Zulazan....

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Bad
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room could be cleaner and room interior was old fashioned . Water leaking out from shower room to bathroom floor every shower making the floor wet all the time. No extra towels provided in bathroom. Bed comforter was smelly/old.

Iron and board was provided in the room

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Good
    • Three-Bedroom Suite

For family with small children its a bit away from the nearest mall and waterfront..u have to walk a bit and crossing few big roads

Value for money, food ok la

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

Next time please make sure all your informations is not misleading. It is all about trust!!!
    • Three-Bedroom Suite

The facilities describe by booking.com is totally wrong. There’s no flat screen tv as mention. What we got is an old small tv for the whole family. Such a frustrating moment watching world cup. All the pillows are terrible. So flat n not comfortable at all. I was hoping that my family will have a great time watching world cup but what we got was an old small tv. Thanks to booking.com!!!!

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff is not efficient.waited for 2 hours for the maintenance to come to our room to fix the toilet.staff at the reception are not friendly.no greeting at all.we know u having a hectic day or maybe u just pretend not to acknowledge ur guest but we pay for ur service.hope that u can improve.we stay at room 413.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

A grand, slightly scruffy, old hotel close to the waterfront
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Wifi didn't work in my room - I had to sit right at my door to get any connection. Annoying as it worked fine in the hall outside and the ground floor areas! The rooms were relatively clean, but the bathroom needed a good scrub, especially the finger prints, mould and splash marks on the back of the door, and some mould patches on the walls of the shower. I don't mind a bit scruffy, but the room needed a bunch of minor repairs. The safe was broken and, despite my request to fix it, the repairman never showed up. The desk lamp plug was broken. The automatic lights in the cupboards (should go off when the door closes) didn't switch off properly - I semi-repaired one myself with a drink coaster and learnt to slam the other door to get it to go off! Daily room service was a bit erratic. There was no drinking water in my room on arrival although it was delivered other days. My friend had the same problem - especially bad for her after arriving at 1am with no way to get any water as the desk staff had none! Some days I got a full set of towels, washcloth and hand-towel, other days just bath towels.

Cheap! Great location a few minutes walk from the waterfront area. Staff were lovely all week. The desk staff checked me into my room early (11am) which was great after a long flight. They also upgraded me (free) from a standard to deluxe room, which was great as I had a view of the fabulous huge cotton tree in the park (the standard was a rather dim room looking into the multistory carpark.) The room was large, the king bed very comfortable, with plenty of comfy pillows. It had a decent hot shower with a huge shower-head, but don't turn it on full for too long as the drains don't cope! I didn't book breakfast as was often out early at the conference, but it was only 21 RM (about $7 AUD, $5 USD) for a pretty decent buffet of Malaysian and western options, and the chef does fresh cooked eggs on request. There's a small but decent gym with showers and sauna. The pool could do with some more chairs and shade but it's OK for a quick dip or some early morning laps. There's a cafe open late in the ground floor which sells its sandwiches and pastries for half price after 5pm.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

last option for stay in kuching if other place is fully booked.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

no fridge & the tv is old fashion.. room is ok..but the comforter looks so old n dirty. they did not prepare my towel. had to call 4 times for me to get my towel. next day towel is taken back & no replacement. had to call again.

the bed is ok. i love the view from my window.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Helping out guests with a desperate request is more important than your hotel rating
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Staffs were unfriendly. A phone was stolen just in front of a CCTV but the hotel didn’t want to help out and claimed that the CCTV were just for viewing and not recording.

Gymnastics staff were quite helpful

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Value for money
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Poor maintaining the room including room controller lights and air conditioning called 2 times to fix it. the lift only functioning one elevator to parking area long queue. staffs no hospitality .

Spacious room, great view, location, the pool and playground. Privacy room, classic style and historical.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

An old hotel. Not expecting bells and whistles.
    • Three-Bedroom Suite

Air conditioning, plumbing in one of the toilets is terrible, elevators usually operating one of two (19 floors, mind you) . Staff wanting to charge me RM10 each when I called to ask for the replacement of the 3 used towels that we handed to the housekeeper 12hrs earlier. Upon returning, the staff didn't apologise but instead she had the audicity to question if we really returned the used OLD-NOT-SO-WHITE towel. No fridge, no ironing board (i don't dare to ask after the towel incident. Who knows how much they'll charge) . Mind you, we rented a 3 bedroom suite. Come on. Atleast us foreigners would like to expect better service when you impose us the ridiculous RM10 tax per night when we already helped the economy!

Plaza merdeka was nearby. Wheelchair accessible.

• Reviewed: June 21, 2018

The aircon in our room was a little bit confusing to use at...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The aircon in our room was a little bit confusing to use at first. It has 3 button from low, med, high. We thought the aircon was not functioning well bcs the high button makes the room warmer instead.

• Reviewed: June 21, 2018

Location is perfect.
    • Three-Bedroom Suite

Limited wifi ( 1 person only can access), some fixtures not working properly (shower fixture), dont provide kichen facilities (plate, spoon,fork etc)

Location is perfect. Staff is helpfull.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Lighting in the room - one of d bedside lamp in room 509...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Lighting in the room - one of d bedside lamp in room 509 couldn't b switch off...couldn"t sleep well as d light is too bright. The switching panel need to be repaired & maintained properly .

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Very satisfying and a great place to stay.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

We were given the suites on the top floor that is overlooking the Kuching waterfront. And I enjoy it so much as my children was really satisfied. When I have the opportunity to visit Kuching, I would love to stay in that same room again.

Satisfied
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No floor mate. No small rack to put hair shampoo in the bathing area.

My room request has been fulfilled. Location strategic. Bfast is good especially the pastry.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Location ok, great view as well.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

1. On check out, the counter staff give green light, "ok that all" asking us to leave. About 2 hour later, their call back saying 4 bath towel missing. The problem is, why their didnt check the room for missing item during we check out. There checklist of available item inside the apartment no visualable on entry the room, so how do we know their did place the bath towel at the first place. 2.The Windows is leaking during raining. The wallpaper is torn off.

Location ok, great view as well. Big room

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

the hotel is ok but needs improvement on the convenience of the room. TQ
    • Three-Bedroom Suite

we stayed in the 3 bedroom suites(level12), but there is no in-room refrigerator. although have tried to request from the hotel administration twice. they just response to inform again but no action in 2 days. iron also is not available in the room. the room has a beautiful view but the loss is not visible. the mirror is too dirty and blurry.

large and comfortable room.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Staff could not be nicer and more helpful.

Hotel bedrooms run down

Staff could not be nicer and more helpful. Great location Hotel needs some refurbishing -it has once been quite splendid. Beds and towels need to be retired -long ago But very good value

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

It was awesome
    • Three-Bedroom Suite

Before arriving, I emailed to the manager about the importance of cleanliness among my family members. When we checked-in we were told that our apartment had been upgraded to executive apartment.All my family members were extremely happy with the apartment. Everything was superb. I was just like having a holiday that is fit for a king.Thank you Merdeka palace especially to the manager who called me earlier to explain the situation. We will surely choose Merdeka Palace again.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

its worth for the money and nice hotel to stay....Good job..keep up the good work..!!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

may be the gym equipment need to have proper maintenance

The room was very clean...the bed was so comfortable and the meals were excellent...I have enjoyed my stay here and would be coming again soon...and the staff were so friendly...

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Not so bad

Old interior & bedsheets, 2-bedroom apartment a bit small, not variety breakfast menu, small swimming pool area

Spacious suites (3-bedroom), near to waterfront

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

Good hospitality, should improve on the maintenance in the room.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The interior design for the room was really outdated and old, the bed the hair dryer everything was very old and outdated. The stand lamp cant be switched on. The picture in the room was giving bit of a chill and spooky.

Nice lobby

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

The wifi cannot be connected eventhough I have been trying...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The wifi cannot be connected eventhough I have been trying to connect numerous times. The aircond ventilations and the toilet might have some issues as I can smell unpleasant odours from both. The room also doesn't smells good.

• Reviewed: May 3, 2018

Price is right, but need a total makeover.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Very tired looking rooms like a scene coming out from a 70's drama series. Dirty carpets, worn out furniture which doesn't even deserve to see the light of the day. Worn out linens and old TV sets doesn't tally with the majestic outward image of the hotel.

Central location and friendly staff. Free parking using the guest's ticket. And the ever-popular Victoria Arms pub.

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

Overall I was pleased that my parents were comfortable staying at the Hotel.
    • Three-Bedroom Suite

I would just want to address the toilet facility.. if the property could fix the bidet for the toilet... and add more toiletries such as adding more soap to use. And the buffet spread for breakfast.. if they can add more varieties.

I brought my parents with me and they were 60++... the room was very comfortable for them. The view at night facing the Waterfront was nice from our Three bedroom suite.

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

It was a pleasant stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The smell of cigarette was overwhelming when I got into my room and gave me a slight headache. I thought the floor was a smoking floor but it wasn't. Maintenance or fixing could also be done since some of the ceilings and walls are flaking, the bathroom door is rotting in the corner and overall the room still gives an 80s/90s vibe and not so modern looking.

The shower was nice. Plenty of water flow and the temperature was easily adjustable. A lot of mirror was also provided so I can easily groom myself.

• Reviewed: April 26, 2018

Good location and value for money, staffs are ok friendly and helpful, but rooms needs an update as
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

room is out dated and old looking, aircond is leaking, beds are old etc, overall the rooms are really old looking and out dated, not too sure about the other rooms but mine was shabby and old looking

location is good, staffs are friendly and helpful, bellman always open dors for hotel guests and smiles

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

I liked the excellent location.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Every thing was fine. Except the hob wasn't working and even if we requested it was never sorted out.

I liked the excellent location. Was walking distance to merdeka plaza and to Sarawak lawn tennis. Also the apartment was huge. The space was very comfortable. The hot water excellent.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

Never ever gonna stay here again
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I booked it online and it was like RM264 for a big bed. what i was given is a twin bed instead. i also requested for a smoking room but nope. i got nothing. it was overall a boring 2 nights stay. even Margharita is more affordable and didnt even have such expensive deposit.

• Reviewed: April 14, 2018

Good location, good pool.
    • Three-Bedroom Suite

Lifts were busy at times and only 2 serving upper floors so had to wait often.

Very clean apartment. Odd though to have a dining table and kitchen but with no plates, cups etc so very limited in the ability to use the kitchen. Did have fridge and WiFi though. And nice clean pool

• Reviewed: April 13, 2018

Spacious room but poorly maintained facilities
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

I stayed for 4 days at the two bedroom suite, Poorly maintained, broken toilet seat, no fridge at first then called the lobby and they were suprised as we are, then they sent the fridge, (upon request?, idk), we ordered room service, then we forgot to place the plates outside, and one of the female staff rudely said "after finish, put the plates outside, dont put inside". No shower gel. The list goes on. Recommended for family that needs a spacious room with so so facilites

Spacious room, restaurants at the lobby was great, receptionist and staff at the lobby was very helpful and nice

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

Lovely lobby and very spacious rooms.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Rooms are a bit dated. All electrics are controlled from a fancy control panel. Problem is this broke so Our lights were faulty throughout our entire stay meaning we had to remove lightbulbs to turn them off & manage with only a bedside lamp. The air con also broke on one night meaning it was freezing. We asked for it to be fixed numerous times but weren’t successful. The pool was nice but no sun beds to relax on.

Lovely lobby and very spacious rooms.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

A little hiccup
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Upon checking in, we went out to visit some places in Kuching. When we returned to the hotel, we noticed that someone has entered our room and done some maintenance work on the bed side table despite we didnt request for any service/maintenance. The work was not completed and the wiring and the table was opened up and left on the table. The phone was also misplaced. We informed the receiption and we had our room changed. Credit where due, the manager in charge called me to clarify and apologised for the inconvenience.

Good location and friendly staff. Value for money. Enjoyed the stay here.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

Kekurangan pada Bilik 1706 n1809
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

D bed in 1809 need to b changed .d spring worn out n its no good for d back. D internet is irritating. There r ANTS in room1706 D kitchen lights r so dark like in a graveyard. In 1809 Theres no power outlet at d bed. No bed lights. Theres no Toilet hose hanger

D staff r friendly

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

A nice place to stay in the middle of kuching centre..
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The pool I think its too slippery around the pool mozek..

A very friendly staff especially front desk officer... Nice from while staying here with my family..

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

Overall, the hotel is old.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Overall, the hotel is old. The room is old too with old carpet, bed, pillows. The pillows were old and flimsy. Bedsheets very thin and there were old stains on them. The bed i slept on had bed bugs. My back was covered in bites. Music from their bar/lounge on the ground floor can be heard quite loud in my room and i was on the 2nd floor.

• Reviewed: March 29, 2018

A great experience forthe whole family
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The service around the hotel area are really great. The staffs very friendly and easy to communicate. Even the staff called us once we checked inside the room just to make sure that everything inside the room are perfect.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2018

The internet is not working at all.
    • Three-Bedroom Suite

The internet is not working at all. The kitchen's apartment has no microwave, mini fridge, plates and utensils. No one cleans the dustbin, especially in the kitchen.

• Reviewed: March 14, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in this hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Could improve on menu for buffet breakfast.

Very comfortable bed, water pressure was excellent, air conditioning unit was good, spacious room - upgraded to deluxe from standard, early check-in.

• Reviewed: March 8, 2018

The property is ok but the hotel cleaner ia not that good...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The property is ok but the hotel cleaner ia not that good been told the reception not to clen up my room while my stay but there did entered my room am not happy.

• Reviewed: March 6, 2018

Ok
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Check in issues, only 2 counter are open and more than ten family are in the queue,I was the second and I've waited more than 20 minutez. I think the overall service need to be improved.

• Reviewed: March 1, 2018

Enjoyable.
    • Three-Bedroom Suite

Light not sufficient. Furniture inadequate for a family. The hotel should provide a comfortable couch in the hall.

Room layout and external or outside view

• Reviewed: February 21, 2018

The hotel stay was not as comfortable as expected. The shopping and sightseeing experience was fun.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast menu limited. Not much to choose from. Room smelled musky. About time to change the carpet in the room

Quite near to shopping complex and had fun sightseeing. Didnt have time to try out the facilities at the hotel

• Reviewed: February 18, 2018

The suite we stayed at Level 16 gave us new experienced.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The suite we stayed at Level 16 gave us new experienced. Overview the whole nearby area. Scenery was beautiful and we enjoyed sunset every evening.

• Reviewed: February 3, 2018

Make Merdeka Palace more cheerful. We miss the old MP 5-10years ago.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Apartment carpet smelly. Not cheerful and majestic like 10 years ago. Crew need professional training especially housekeeping staff.

Swimming pool. The food. High class look.

• Reviewed: February 3, 2018

Room need refurbishing
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The carpets and curtains badly need replacing. Lack of toiletries and towels.

Good location Huge room, lots of space Hope they refurbish this place and return it to former glory

• Reviewed: January 17, 2018

Boring
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room facilities such as bed and hotel environment very quite even at the lobby shld play light and easy music

Strategically located at the Center of kuching town. Quite area.

• Reviewed: January 17, 2018

Unsatisfactory
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything. Sleeping is bad because we cannot stop scratching our body - not sure there are bugs/fleas or mosquitoes (but if under the blanket - cannot be mosquitoes). Blanket, carpet need to be changed.

Distance to my workshop place.

• Reviewed: January 15, 2018

Good price, albeit more improvement can be made
    • Three-Bedroom Suite

The rooms were something out of the 70s with torn wallpapers and lack of microwaves or a fridge despite a decent sized kitchenette. Aircond regulator also didn't work: my room was freezing.

Properly priced for the location and amenity offered

• Reviewed: January 8, 2018

Nothing much i love at MP
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I don't even have nice view through my room. I've parked my car at level 5 as my room was level too but what i need to do still to go to level 2. The gymnasium me & my husband trying to go inside but they said get the password fron receptionist. Why? No wifi no extra tv channel. 3 start hotel is far better than this

• Reviewed: January 3, 2018

Location are okay, can walking to the Chinatown and Indian...
    • Three-Bedroom Suite

Hotel facilities are cannot make it, need to request for the equipment, bathroom of hotel are water leakage, TV programs are less, window are dirty cannot see the outside view, hope can improve next time. The most important is WIFI service, cannot connect WIFI for 1 day 1 night, this is very disappointed.

Location are okay, can walking to the Chinatown and Indian street.

• Reviewed: January 3, 2018

Friendly staff, still nice but needs lots of renovation.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The hotel is tired, carpets are stained, fittings have not been repaired, beds are poor. It needs renovation to bring it back to what it once was. The location is excellent and it is a shame to see it in this state, having stayed there so often in the past.

Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The buffet breakfast is good value.

• Reviewed: January 1, 2018

Not recommended.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Stayed there for 2 nights and first impression is okay, but when seeing the room is not as expected, very dusty and got spider net in the bathroom, and the bed cover got sticked by the chewing gum and it wasnt clean properly. Really not happy and not recommended to anyone.

• Reviewed: December 30, 2017

Its OK for a short family getaway.
    • Three-Bedroom Suite

1)What was disappointing was that the shower room ceiling was leaking, one of the room light was not working, the towels and shampoos were not available until we asked them if it was provided or not. 2) When we asked for additional towel and pillow, they said all are chargeable. 3) WiFi was totally a letdown despite of us staying on the 13th floor.

I like the size/space of the room (with 3 bedrooms). Air con was good. Parking space was aplenty and not far from the lift.

• Reviewed: December 29, 2017

Good, Could Have Been Better
    • Three-Bedroom Suite

The hotel and lobby looks nice but the rooms, toilets and lifts need major refurbishment. It looks very old and the bed is not comfortable. The toilet pipe leaks, leaving the floor to be wet all the time. Thank God the air cond was strong. Booked a three bedroom apartment for my family but had to change room twice because of water leaking issue. Lucky enough that the Duty Manager heard our complaint thanks to him for that but it was on the last night of the stay hence, didn't make much of a difference. If you are looking for a comfortable and nice stay, then this might not be suitable. If you need something on a budget but do not want to book a budgeted hotel, then you may go ahead to book this one. In conclusion, overall I would say is fine.

The hotel staff were helpful and friendly. They gave good hospitality and service.

• Reviewed: December 28, 2017

Comfortable stay.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The room need daily vacuum especially the carpet in the bedroom. Need constant clean bathroom floor mat. Need air freshener in both hotel lifts as human smell from wet carpet. I think need a little maintenance to room amenities.

Put up on the 18th Floor. Luckily City View.

• Reviewed: December 27, 2017

So so just the towel part spoil my holiday
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Requested for towel that didn't provided when check in took them 4 hours with 4 phone call but didn't send till I was mad went to the front desk then they manage to send. Fail in room service. Swimming pool got no towel and ppl watching over it fail again. Overrated should drop the star.

Bed and room comfy

• Reviewed: December 26, 2017

nothing everything is lousy ask for extra pillow also have...
    • Three-Bedroom Suite

nothing everything is lousy ask for extra pillow also have to paid rm10. the chaneel TV is lousy a s well plus internet WIFI. should do alot of renovation on your apartment to get more guest. Lift very difficult once guest is full. not so convinient at all.

• Reviewed: December 25, 2017

Average but still good place to stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Pool quite small especially the children's pool.. hope the management would do some renovation infuture. Same goes to kids playground. Limited equipment for them to play with.. Looking forward for their new look..

The room are clean and tidy bt abit dusty. I understand its an old hotel and yet still maintained. Good place to stay with kids cause they have parking on site available. Easy to bring our things and kids. I would give it 7/10 rating.

• Reviewed: December 21, 2017

VALUABLE
    • Three-Bedroom Suite

OVERALL OK EXCEPT TOWEL. SURPRISINGLY, MY TOWEL IS NOT IN GOOD CONDITION (GOT HOLE) & MY SMALL ROOM (SUITE ) SMELL NOT GOOD & IN FUTURE PLEASE PROVIDE KITCHEN TOOLS.PLEASE PROVIDE OWNING AT THE SWIMMING POOL AREA.

GREAT SERVICE BY HOUSEKEEPING & FRONT OFFICE & PARKING STAFF .

• Reviewed: December 18, 2017

Place strategic.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

-add on more pillow atleast 2pcs per head -add on more toilet thing such as plastic bag -for 2 bedroom guest, wifi usage just increase to 4 or 6 person not only 2 user

Place strategic.

• Reviewed: December 15, 2017

The location is very near to tourist places.
    • Three-Bedroom Suite

The room is not well maintained. The curtain is falling off. We cannot pull down and pull up the curtain. Seems like it's already broken long time ago but didnt fixed. The carpet in the room also not well maintain. The mini fridge didnt functioning. I'm getting myself a room for 5 pax but the welcome drinks not enough for 5 pax. Only 3 pax is prepared with not enough sugar sachet. The bathroom also not clean. For a family room like this, I am expecting more wall socket for us to charge our devices such as laptop, phone and other devices. The hairdryer in the bathroom also not working. It's broken, so cannot be us. Perhaps the swimming pool operation hours can be extended to night time.

The location is very near to tourist places. Convenient and easy access.

• Reviewed: December 12, 2017

Good breakfast and cheap suite
    • Three-Bedroom Suite

The hotel fixtures are very old. They should do some upgrading or renovations.there are some unknown items on the carpeted floors

It's near darul hanna bridge and waterfront, sarawak river. There is a shopping mall just next to the hotel

• Reviewed: December 10, 2017

The property owner has no interest in maintaining the property.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Booking charging me double the price of the hotel rates... Rooms are very dirty The Replacement rooms was next to road and noisy Toilet Seats are bad (photo) Molds are everywhere...not cleaned (photo) Carpets are extremely dirty and my kids have got sick (photo) Sofa has many liquids fallen, some are white and hard. This is pathetic (photo) Door is broken (photo)

Food is OK After making noise, the duty manager tried and provided two deluxe room as they do not have a family room. The deluxe rooms were slightly better but near the road and noisy. could not sleep. I think the problem is with the hotel management.

• Reviewed: December 8, 2017

Overall I love this hotel especially the hospital of the staff. I only want better wifi connection.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The internet desperately needs an upgrade. I don’t like the internet for the following reasons: 1. It only limits to two devices for one room. I have three devices and I cannot even switch from one device to the other easily. 2. I have to keep logging in to wifi. The wifi connection only stays on for a few minutes. So for an hour I have to login several times. This is totally unacceptable. 3. The strength of the wifi is weak. I am able to watch Netflix and YouTube when connected but most of the I cannot get connected. 4. The strength of wifi is sufficient for emails and WhatsApp but the problem is I have to keep logging in to check emails or conversations

All the hotel staff are extremely helpful and friendly. They make a great effort to make me very welcome and comfortable and belong.

• Reviewed: December 7, 2017

Glad it was only two nights, hopefully will not stay here again until the rooms are refurbished and
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Very dated rooms, leaking ceilings in the bathroom, dated elevators, the breakfast, the coffee, the bed quilts,

Only the location and the view. ( high floor)

• Reviewed: December 7, 2017

Hotel is an exclusive looks but suggest to improve the facilities.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Toilet is quite dirty and slippery, once wet, there were tiny worms out from the wet floor and wall. Air Conditioner is not cold enough, mini refrigerator is not working. Safe box was not working initially but fix upon complained.

Bed is comfy

• Reviewed: December 6, 2017

overall, it is pleasant to stay at this place when you bring a family.
    • Three-Bedroom Suite

need an improvement in term of cafeteria services especially during peak hour

strategic location..furthermore, it was a historic place and provide a comfortable apartment to stay.

• Reviewed: December 5, 2017

Nearby to Plaza Merdeka Shopping Mall, Waterfront and Indian...
    • Three-Bedroom Suite

Minibar fridge not cold, curtain blind dangerous to children as the rod steel came off from the cover. Closet door in the single room was not function properly. But overall still enjoy the stay

Nearby to Plaza Merdeka Shopping Mall, Waterfront and Indian Street which is just take a few minute walking. Also came with free parking.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

Perfect in location, Terribly POOR in all other aspects
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

2 stars hotel IMHO.not even upto 3 star standards.room condition is TERRIBLE despite 'luxurious' lobby outlook. very POOR in maintaining the apartment/suite. Literally all window was leaking. Carpet stains everywhere.old furniture,aircond intermittently malfunction,beds are bed (old pillow,old mattress),old towel.dirty toilet/bathroom with presence of fungus. Certain faucet and bidet were broken.Smells of the old wood,stinky carpet spoiled the throughout stay.swiming pool was poor condition. me myself wont b staying here again if this persist. I bet others thought t same.this hotel is iconic and legendary in kuching. The hotel management has to do major revamp and rejuvenate this hotel to keep it relevant and attractive. Before this symbolic building/icon turns into shambolic

The location is near to many attraction..the ONLY selling point

• Reviewed: November 28, 2017

Spacious
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Should hv make sure the towels, toiletries,bottle mineral waters and qiblat arrow are in the apartment before the client check in. Need to change the floor carpet.

Spacious

• Reviewed: November 26, 2017

Nice view from outside and lobby area but frustrating entering room👍😒
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

1. The room really really disappoint us, toilet with leakage below the sink and water not flowing out properly, causing discomfort walking on wet floor. 2. Moss on the corners of the toilet room and that makes the room look dirty and lighting not bright enough and make the toilet looks gloomy. 3. Lighting in the room is not bright enough and furniture in the room looks old.

The lobby is nice and impressive so is the surrounding of the hotel.

• Reviewed: November 25, 2017

Its was good we are staying only for a night
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Lighting in bathroom considerably not sufficient

My remarks regarding to upgrade the room appearance was taken noted by the hotel during my visit few months back.

• Reviewed: November 24, 2017

I love the hotel but if the situations continue to decline I may not want to stay anymore
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Service is getting poorer. Room getting dirtier. Not enough towel, mat,kitchenware & prayer mat. Some electrical appliances not working & Curtain peel off. When you call receptionist refer you to service staff. Service staff then said too many customers therefore not enough stuff. I wondered why. Whether the manager knows or not the declines in quality

Location - in town Centre I have stayed here so many times so convenient with its surroundings.

• Reviewed: November 22, 2017

Nice
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The toilet water spray should be fixed. Water coming out from it everytime u use it. Should leave the guess comment checklist for hotel to take action on any unsatisfactory issues.

Nice