Reviews of The Toren 4 stars

Keizersgracht 164, Amsterdam City Centre, 1015 CZ Amsterdam, Netherlands

#5 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Brilliantly located ... the neighborhood was perfect for me, what I like and proximate to everything
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The art over the reception desk, and some of the other images in the downstairs— kind of tacky really, and really dated. I guess they're trying to add an element of 'naughty' to the romantic ambience they're going for, but it added a sour, out of date note to me...

I liked the hotel even before I began my stay! I had written to the property directly about airport pick up and received detailed, extremely polite/gracious replies which made me feel confident that the hotel really could be trusted in every detail, and welcomed. The driver sent, as representative of the hotel, was terrific. And the greeting I received at the hotel matched ... the hotel staff was slightly less competent the next shift (evening, after my jet lag nap!) Knew nothing about restaurants (they were young, and probably lived outside the city). Whereas Robert (the bar attendant?) was knowledgeable, gracious, even escorted me around the corner to make sure i could get dinner despite no available reservation. So, balance! Much appreciated service! My stay was extremely brief since it was just an interlude on my way to business in Norway, but I liked the hotel a lot. I found some of the details of the decor dated, very 70s to be honest, but all extremely well maintained. (There is also a lovely garden my room overlooked, which sadly I lacked the time to enjoy.) And very very comfortable. An authentic European experience, rather than the kind of bland globalist one that many newer hotels provide. Not at all hip, no cool lobby scene but worth it for the location is—to me, simply the best. I loved being in the Jordaan neighborhood— the walking around is sublime, at night and during the day. It's blissfully quiet, yet within an easy, and interesting, walking distance from the museums, city center, etc. Combined with the price, a pretty perfect option. I'd highly recommend it.

Fantastic location, very friendly and helpful staff.
    • Deluxe Room with Garden View

The bed and pillows were a little too soft for me, so I didn't sleep well.

The room in our Garden suite in the guest house building was a short walk down the street from the main hotel. It was very well appointed with a huge jacuzzi tub in the center. It was like staying in our own apartment. The location was amazing, just around the corner from the Anne Frank house. With the door to the garden open, we could hear the bells from the Dutch Reformed Westerkerk (Western church) every 15 minutes. Great expresso machine in the room and a wonderful rain shower. Hotel robes also included. The breakfast was amazing; there was a nice selection of fruit, juices, bread, yogurt, nuts, spreads (jam, honey), meat and cheese as well as hot item made to order. The dutch pancakes were superb! Breakfast was in the main building in a wonderful room opposite the reception.

Excellent staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No fault. Everything is excellent. The best is the courteous staff. I particularly would like to mention William, for his excellent professional attitude, being courteous and accommodating. Also like to thank Nazar for being caring.

Excellent staff Excellent hotel Excellent location

The decor is perfect for guests that want to indulge in...
    • Executive Suite with Spa Bath

Being on the top floor means that their is a VERY narrow staircase you must climb to get to your room. Plus, the higher the floor, the smaller the windows. My biggest complaint, is that when I made a request to the bellperson...which was an extra sheet, because my partner sleeps with no sheets...hence a comforter is too warm...I was told to relay my request to the front desk the next day, which I did, but there was no extra sheet after the first night. If I'm paying almost €500 per night, I expect that simple requests and preferences be honored. Also, breakfast simply sucks. You can have hot eggs, but, for €19, go elsewhere. In addition, if there are any mobility issues, my partner has back problems, request a room on the 2nd floor or below, because all staircases are narrow, at best, treacherous when intoxicated. All in all, the bathroom amenities are worth every hassle and inconvenience. Pure luxury.

The decor is perfect for guests that want to indulge in visual stimulation. It's also relatively central to the museum and tourist areas, without being in the middle of them.

Great jacuzzi in the room.
    • Garden Cottage

More a romantic getaway than a business hotel. Only basic restaurant services in house - but many great restaurants nearby.

Great jacuzzi in the room. Garden house room very quiet and dark at night.

Absolute superb experience, the buildings age &...

Absolute superb experience, the buildings age & character to start with was of no words but opulent. The staff are fabulously helpful and ultimately professional with such a warm welcome. Breakfast excellent, location great just out of the main hustle and 2 minute walk to Anne Frank Museum. Coffee in the room was amazing, I look forward to returning to Amsterdam and definitely The Toren.

Staff we're great, very helpful.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff we're great, very helpful. Room was very nice, clean and quiet. The hotel is unique and recommend staying here if you like boutique hotels.

Didnt live up t expectations.
    • Standard Double Room with Extra Bed - Private House

Slow housekeeping, who took things to wrong room and didn’t bring everything requested. Decor needs a revamp and not as clean as expected.

The staff in the main house and particularly front desk. Also the bar.

• Standard Double Room with Canal View

Rim smelt bad, no shower gel on arrival, cleaner didn’t hoover replace towels? Furniture is old and need replacing, very basic not what I expected at all.

An overall fair stay.
    • Canal View Superior Deluxe Room with Spa Bath

The night staff was rude at times. My fiancé and I could not shower for almost two days due to shower drain overflowing. The bathtub also didn’t drain when we were done using it. When explaining the drain issue to night staff they assumed we were in the wrong as if we didn’t know how to use a shower.

It was a very nice room and the jacuzzi bathtub was definitely a plus. The room was larger than expected and coffee and complimentary water was provided everyday which usually isn’t the case in many hotels. Also great location which was around the corner from restaurants and Anne Frank House!

Dated and Dark
    • Deluxe Room with Garden View

The hotel is dated. The decor is dark and heavy. Our room had black and purple cutains and walls. There was also a black fringing hanging over the windows and a dusty chandallier hanging over the bed with many pieces missing. We thought the room was very expensive.

The room size was good as was the cupboard space. It had an excellent shower and a spa bath in the bedroom which was a bit odd. The location was pretty good too.

Love the place. Would go back there for a couples trip to Amsterdam.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The inner garden could be cleaner. I couldn't find any place to hang stuff in the room. TV could be larger and in a better position.

Comfortable bed, great bathroom, good breakfast (it was prepaid but I wouldn't pay for it at the spot, If I'm not wrong something like 20 euros for eggs and sausage/bacon/beans breakfast) . Nice little garden/yard (smoking is allowed there). less than five minutes walk to Dam square. The Hotel was very quiet and looks like young children won't find them self there.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Perfect little hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The Toren hotel was perfectly place for spending a long weekend in Amsterdam, the rooms were cosy but had everything you needed and also very clean, the staff were amazing and we’d like to say a special thank to Cristina on reception. A big thanks to all the staff for making our stay very memorable.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

I will definitely stay in the Toren again.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I booked a standard double room and was delighted when I was upgraded free of charge to a beautiful room with a bed to die for and a jacuzzi with garden view!

Never again.

Everything.

The room was a tiny hole. Horrible condition and absolutely not livable. If you are more than 120 lbs, you wouldn’t be able to squeeze yourself into that room. My room# was 114. Stay away at all cost.

Best hotel ever!
    • Canal View Superior Deluxe Room with Spa Bath

This place is amazing! The city is vibrant and the atmosphere around the Toren is something to witness. My wife and I could have sat in the window watching the world go by for eternity. If you are thinking of going to Amsterdam I wouldn’t hesitate to get a canal view, you won’t be disappointed. The staff were more than accommodating, the room was warm and welcoming, and the bed was hard to leave in the morning. Can’t say enough about the place, wish I could live there! We will be back for sure!

Our stay at the Toren was quiet and comfortable and the area is fantastic.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The shower does not have a great curtain, glass wall to keep water going all over the bathroom floor. Keep your towels and clothes a safe distance away from the spray.

It was not very clear to us that we were staying in a building separated from the main hotel. However, we did enjoy it as it proved to make our stay very quiet and comfortable.

Excellent.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Although it has a bar service, I believe that is wrong that the hotel does not provide restaurant service and someone has to walk all around to get lunch and dinner.

Good location.

Very comfortable
    • Deluxe Room with Garden View

The hot tub in the bedroom was totally unnecessary as it made the bedroom small in size

I particularly like the welcome when we arrived and the friendly staff

It was good, but I was a bit underwhelmed with the room.
    • Standard Double Room with Extra Bed - Private House

Room smelled musty, was much smaller than than what I anticipated from the description. Zero counter space in the bathroom to put anything.

Great location, friendly staff, great bar for relaxing with good service.

Nice little boutique hotel in teh heart of Amsterdam.
    • Deluxe Room with Garden View

The Toren is a funky little hotel in the heart of Amsterdam, very conveniently located to major attractions. The hotel almost feels more like an upscale B&B. Breakfast was good. The décor is funky in a cool way.

Luxurious comfort in a great location.
    • Deluxe room with Canal View

A couple of bathroom amenities missing, but not really a problem.

Lovely spacious room overlooking the canal and in a great location - a stone's throw from everything but in the most beautiful part of the city. Very helpful and friendly staff and excellent restaurant reccomendations! Delicious breakfast.

Amazing Hotel in Amazing Amsterdam
    • Canal View Superior Deluxe Room with Spa Bath

Our stay should have been a few more days. Amsterdam is great & so is the hote.

The breakfast was more than ideal. The room was stupendous and had a Jacuzzi which was like topping on the cake. The hotel is situated just in the right location because we WALKED everywhere, in just minutes we were at out destination. Don't hesitate to stay here

Perfect !
    • Canal View Superior Deluxe Room with Spa Bath

Absolutely perfect in every way. The hotel went the extra mile to ensure our stay was exceptional with champagne in the room and complimentary drinks on arrival. Amazing!!!!

We had a wonderful stay in this beautiful hotel
    • Superior Deluxe Room with Spa Bath

Our room was smaller than I had expected and decor wasn't as high quality as I had hoped. There was some x-factor missing.

For us the location was perfect, as we absolutely love the Jordaan, the canals, cafés and relaxed athmosphere. The Toren is beautifully furnished (boutique style) and borderline erotic. The backyard is a nice extra touch.

Very nice breakfast.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Attention to detail when cleaning. Soap dispensers were empty when we arrived and not refilled even though we stayed 2 nights - we did mention this to the reception. Another minor inconvenience was having our rooms in a separate building to the reception / restaurant (a few buildings down the street) .

Very nice breakfast. The interior decor had a lot of character - it was a very old building and well maintained with lovely painted ceilings.

We had a great time right where we wanted to be in a very nice property.
    • Deluxe Room with Garden View

Food service--Breakfast great, other off premises--although good restaurants very near and they would have gone and gotten it.

Location, charm, staff, service, easy to tram

Location was great and enjoyed our stay.
    • Standard Double Room with Extra Bed - Private House

The breakfast was ridiculously expensive for what is offered. You’re better off having breakfast anywhere else outside the hotel.

Hotel room was very clean and comfortable.

Great location, great front desk staff, could have been cleaner.
    • Superior Deluxe Room with Spa Bath

Our room was very dusty and bathroom needed a far better cleaning

Location was fabulous. Very dark and cozy which is great for a winter day but weather was bright and sunny out! Bar area was really pretty

Wonderful and relaxed

Nothing :_)

Superb location and very helpful staff. Very quiet and discreet - just what we like from a hotel. Amazing bare with great architectural features

We had a fantastic stay, in a charming hotel with a great location and super friendly staff:

Only thing Is the stairs. But overall we loved it. And I would highly recommend it.

Hot chocolate, cappuccino, salad was good. Front desk people were great. Room was very big. Only drawback was the stairs up to the 3rd floor. But it worked out great. Fantastic location. The location is really good. 3 minutes to the tram, 10 minute walk to the dam. We ran in the park each day. Just a lovely 2 nights. We will be back.

Okay, a bed for the night but expensive for what it was.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No parking. We drove round and round to find a parking space on the side of the canal near to the hotel otherwise the nearest car park was quite a way away. Fabulous bathroom but the toilet needed a good clean. Dark and dingy and with dark interiors you can see the layer of dust.

The location of the hotel was central and easy access to most of Ansterdam. The receptionists booked the parking for us which was helpful.

A lovely and very comfortable stay throughout
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The ornate bedrooms were a bit dark as the colour scheme was all in very dark colours and could have been made a bit more cheerful. The room and bathrooms were nevertheless of 5* quality

The courtesy and help form the staff made the stay a huge success for us as nothing was too much trouble for the staff who were all exceptional. Breakfast was excellent and we would highly recommend this hotel.

A beautiful and luxurious room, marred by a lack of privacy and a subpar breakfast.
    • Royal Suite - Split Level with Spa Bath - Private House

For the asking price, we thought the room should be more soundproof—we could very clearly hear people’s conversations and random noises (vacuuming, doors slamming, creaking floors) throughout our time there. Overall it detracted from the romantic experience we were hoping for. The breakfast could use a bit of tweaking: the non-hot items were good, but the fact that you could order only one hot item such as eggs was a real disappointment, so overall the breakfast did not feel worth the price. There are other hotels that provide a better breakfast for the same price.

The aesthetics of the room were beautiful. The bathroom being downstairs added a very nice flair. The bathtub was luxurious and the included chocolates were a great personal touch. The location was wonderful too, as it was right on the canal and close by to many city attractions within walking distance.

Jacuzzi tub was the highlight of the room!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms were separated from the front receptionist and lobby. So you had to walk a couple of doors down to talk to the front desk or get breakfast.

The room was more roomier than we expected especially with a baby cot. The jacuzzi bath tub was really nice! Made it easy to give our baby a bath.

Amazing location, fun design

The location is AMAZING - just around the corner from the Anne Frank House, in the middle of those adorable 9 streets of shops, a quiet block, and easy to walk everywhere (Museum district, Red Light district, the Jordaan). The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The hotel has a really elegant fun design - though my room was quite small it was cozy and had a great bathroom with Rituals amenities.

Highly recommended hotel!

Our bathroom wasn't spotless

This hotel is GORGEOUS! Nestled in an old building right on a canal, Hotel Toren strikes the balance between luxurious period decor and modern comforts...probably the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on! The lobby bar, with frescoed ceilings is a "do not miss". Best gin and tonic I've ever had...and I've ordered them across the world! Location is excellent--walking distance to many of the major sights (Anne Frank House) and the tony Jordaan neighborhood is chock full of art, interesting boutiques and great restaurants. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Very weird hotel and MASSIVELY overpriced. Shop elsewhere I would suggest
    • Superior Deluxe Room with Spa Bath

Superior deluded Room was tiny, nothing like advertised and felt like something out of a horror film. No space for luggage or to store anything. Massively over priced.

Staff were friendly helpful and accommodating. Also very well trained and eager to assist.

Fantastic
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed and pillow wasn't as comfortable, kept dipping in the middle, so I have a bad back and neck throughout my trip. The staff brought me another pillow which was a little better

The staff are absolutely amazing and nothing is ever too much for them. They made us feel very welcome and it was a homely place with the most beautiful decor

Great value for money

Breakfast is a little underwhelming for the price. Better going outside for breakfast if you have the time.

Very clean, comfortable. Staff are very friendly. Great value for money

It was what I expected absolutely stunning room an view
    • Canal View Superior Deluxe Room with Spa Bath

I didn’t no I had to pay government tax for every night I stayed £20 total of £40 plus over £500 for hotel only 2 nights plus flights an spends last thing I wanted to pay is tax I didn’t no about had a good time so I’ll no next time 😂😂😂😂

Everything about the hotel staff food just amazing hotel right in the central little pizza place facing 10/10

The staff is very kind and helpful, with special compliments...
    • Small Double Room - Annex building

The staff is very kind and helpful, with special compliments to Diego. The location is pretty good, by a little channel and not deep into the crowd. Also a few steps from anywhere. The room itself is better than we expected, with facilities, very clean, good shower and comfortable bed. The breakfast has a fantastic quality and several types of products.

A truly lovely hotel - perfect for a short trip to Amsterdam
    • Standard Double Room with Extra Bed - Private House

The room was a little cold on arrival - it was early Feb.

Comfy beds, fabulous quirky decor, wonderful bar, great breakfast, perfect location and luxurious Rituals toiletries.

Perfect place to stay in Amsterdam, business or leisure.

Hardly anything

This is the type of hotel frequent travelers hope exist, small, extremely comfortable, great, professional hosts who could not have been better, great food, amazing accommodation and location

A fantastic, memorable stay!
    • Canal View Superior Deluxe Room with Spa Bath

We felt very welcome! Staff was very friendly, with personal attention to all our needs. The atmosphere of the hotel is fantastic for a romantic stay. Thank you so much for the great room, the birthday present and for making our stay a wonderful experience!

Fantastic room & nice bar.
    • Superior Deluxe Room with Spa Bath

Fantastic room & nice bar. All staff really knowledgable & friendly, they gave us lots of good recommendations from tours to restaurants to what gin to choose from there bar. Great staff!

Fabulous stay
    • Small Double Room - Annex building

Me and my husband had a fabulous stay at this hotel staff absolutely made it !!!!they were overly friendly and couldnt do enough for us made our stay even better The small comfort room was a brilliant size for our shortstay and the bathroom was lovely big enough for us both to fit in the bath tub I would highly recommend this hotel for your stay in Amsterdam Thank you everyone at the Toren

amazing hotel at a great location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Great hotel at an amazing location. Super friendly staff and the room was so cozy. Great place for a few days with your love. We will certainly come back at our next visit

Fantastic, just not long enough.
    • Royal Suite - Split Level with Spa Bath - Private House

Having to check out and leave our room for someone else to enjoy. No car parking is a bit of a nuisance.

Room decor, staff, bathroom. Attention to detail was fantastic. Asked for early check in and was easily accomadated. Great ambiance and varied clientele. Location is just right,not to far from centre but easily accessible and in a good part of the city.

The most beautiful hotel in Amsterdam! A gem near canal!
    • Canal View Deluxe Triple Room with Spa Bath - Private House

Nothing, everything was just perfect!

Everything! The historical buidling, very comfortable bed, fantastic bathroom and amazing decorations - we felt so great in Toren! Plus the famous bar - so beautiful! And the staff - they were so helpful, they offered us so convenient transportation in the city and outside and were so caring! The real gem in the most beautiful part of Amsterdam! Unforgettable stay!

Perfect stay in a great hotel

We discovered the Toren on our annual Xmas visit to Amsterdam last year when we popped into its sumptuous and welcoming bar. We decided there and then to stay at the hotel this year. We were not disappointed. Superb. Friendly, helpful staff for whom nothing was too much trouble. Great breakfast. Perfect location for a relaxing break in the iconic Jordaan area. We stayed in the recently completed Junior Suite - what a great room! And amazingly quiet. The sound proofing must be incredible. We could have been on a mountain top as opposed to the centre of Amsterdam; it was so blissfully quiet. As you can see - we were impressed and will be booking for our trip next Xmas at the earliest possible opportunity :)

The toren made our short stay magical, relaxing, and we left wanting more.
    • Standard Double Room with Canal View

Everything was amazing, no complaints

Amazing staff at the Toren! We traveled all the way from Texas and everyone was very kind and gave us many recommendations. The surrounding area was located near the canal, and all the major attractions. The hotel booked a boat tour which was amazing for the short time we had to see the city. All around amazing experience, best bathroom jacuzzi ever!!

Nice hotel in a good location for nearby sights.
    • Small Double Room - Annex building

False fire alarm in the hotel early one morning evacuated the hotel. We evacuated down to the foyer which was not a problem but once there the staff told us we could go back to our room or wait in the foyer but didn't know what had happened or how to turn the alarm off. It would have been nice to be offered a coffee or tea while we were waiting in the foyer for the alarm to be turned off.

Good decor gave a luxury feel. Rooms were comfortable and spacious for Amsterdam. Staff were helpful when answering questions about the area and nearby sights. Food at the hotel was nice (expensive but that is to be expected ordering in a hotel).

The Toren is situated in one of the most expensive and...
    • Deluxe Room with Garden View

The Toren is situated in one of the most expensive and highly sought after parts of Amsterdam, with a beautiful view across from a canal in the front and overlooking a courtyard garden for rooms on the other side. This is fitting considering how elegant this hotel is. The hotel itself is splendid with a very luxurious and aristocratic-like feel to it. Each room is unique and exudes an aura of high-class luxury and sophistication. I had the deluxe room with garden view (which is in the "luxurious rooms" category, below suite-level and above cozy-level) and found the decor and atmosphere of the room to be absolutely delightful. The room itself was spacious and beautifully decorated. The bed was large and comfortable. There was a large armoire for storing my clothes (as well as a safe for storing valuables), a pair of robes and slippers, and, in addition to the standard hair-dryer in the bathroom, an even more high-powered hair-dryer in the closet. In front of the window overlooking the garden was a small table and divan which I found to be a nice spot to have a morning coffee. There was a Nespresso coffeemaker in the room as well. There was also a television with literally several hundred different channels (including international ones) mounted on the wall, just next to the window. The bathroom was also worth noting as it included a large whirlpool bath that was very enjoyable to soak in. The staff is very professional, friendly, and helpful -- offering recommendations for restaurants or places to visit, for instance. That said, the hotel itself does serve food in the bar and lounge room areas but more along the lines of snacks (e.g. salads and sandwiches, etc.) and, in the mornings, it had a very nice breakfast buffet. In addition, the staff remembered and recognized me and so didn't have to constantly ask my name or room number whenever I'd use the bar.

Everything.
    • Canal View Deluxe Triple Room with Spa Bath - Private House

Everything. We were there the day before. We left for short trip in Stasbourg and came back. They keep our luggage and but them back in the room.

Beautiful property that needs updating and staff needs to be clear about where the annex is.
    • Standard Double Room with Extra Bed - Private House

The room was dark and old, and needs refreshing and more modern features. Did not like to pay extra for our breakfast nor the fact that we had to give a $50 deposit even AFTER we had fully paid our room. The front staff needs at least two people. We were told the annex was next door, when it really is about 8 houses down the street, you don’t feel part of the hotel.

The bathroom was luxurious compared to European standards. The decorations in the cafe/bar side were very pretty, but dark.

We had a great stay at the Toren

Nothing. We liked it all

The Toren is a hidden gem of a hotel in Amsterdam. It is located on a lovely quiet canal but is still only a few minutes walk from all the busy tourist spots. The staff were all really friendly and helpfull, suggesting / making bookings for restaurants (Partner is Coeliac). We would 100% stay at the Toren again

Gorgeous hotel. Great staff. Perfect location.
    • Standard Double Room with Canal View

nothing could have been better. it was fabulous!

The hotel is gorgeous! the lobby with the fireplace just beautiful. Front desk staff super helpful and friendly. They gave us great recommendations for restaurants and sights to see. Also, they sent us a bottle of wine for my husband's birthday. So nice. The beds were super comfy and the bath was amazing. I can't say enough good about this place. Definitely 5 stars! Oh and convenient to get to everything on foot.

Overpriced
    • Small Double Room - Annex building

I'm really sorry but I need to give you negative review as it's not 4 stars hotel, maximum 2-3 stars - Room is very small - We get room with view for another room in Toren hotel and people could see what we are doing in room (It was about 2m between our windows that's why our curtains were always covered) (We spend over 1000 Euro for 5 nights!) - Walls are really thin, you can clearly hear someone who is in the corridor - Room looks different that the one which was on the photos. - Toren have two buildings, the one with reception looks good but second part looks like 2-3 stars hotel max.

- Helpfull and friendly stuff

Glorious 4 days in the heart of Amsterdam.
    • Superior Deluxe Room with Spa Bath

Decor, especially in the halls needs to be updated/rejuvenated. Stating to look worn and tired.

The gentlemen who worked in the bar area were beyond courteous and helpful. We felt as though we had made new friends when we left. We would definitely come back, if even for just a drink, to visit with them.

had a great time! might be back again
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

location is good but could be just a little closer to center (but not in the center due to noise) The room is a bit small in terms of place for suitcases. we didnt mind at all, I prefer that the space was used for the hottub.

very nice staff, room is very comfortable, great hot tub in the room, great bed, quiet area, room can be fully darkened.

Loved the ambience and sumptuous style.
    • Small Double Room - Annex building

Loved the ambience and sumptuous style...chandelier in bedroom! Close to canal cruises and public transport if needed. Great l ocation ....lovely staff...very friendly of and accomodating.

Relaxing and informative
    • Deluxe Room with Garden View

We had a lovely bathroom with a Jacuzzi bath. My only comment would be that for anybody older and/or shorter than us, it would be difficult to climb into.

Location particularly

Would have been perfect had we had a different room. Room 415 is only okay for single occupancy.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room (415) very small and bar drinks extremely expensive. We could hear the people in the room above very clearly. Very little room for clothes/luggage.

Location and service brilliant!

Fantastic location for a weekend in Amsterdam
    • Small Double Room - Annex building

We are a family with a four-year-old son. The hotel is very quirky and in keeping with the area but a little more grown up than we would normally hope for for our son so we were a little worried that we might be disturbing other guests. That said, before our stay the hotel staff were extremely helpful, ensuring we had all we needed to accommodate the three of us. I would definitely recommend it for a more grown up family or definitely singles or couples.

For me this is the best possible location, in the prettiest streets in Amsterdam. A short walk from all the attractions, and a mere hop skip and jump to some, with all the lovely bars and restaurants of the Jordaan right on your doorstep. Ideally you wouldn’t drive into the centre of town, but having brought our car over on the ferry this was necessary for us. We used the valet parking option which is cheaper than parking your car outside the hotel and they were very flexible to bring the car back precisely when we needed it so I would definitely recommend this.

I have kept the contact details for my next visit as I shall stay at The Toren again!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I was surprised that breakfast was not included – I'm English and we are used to that way, but I know it varies from country to country – but croissant and jam wouldn't be too much to ask as all in? Naturally if one wanted a full cooked breakfast one would expect to pay extra…

The bed was very comfortable and the room not boiling hot. A bonus to be able to open the windows and listen to the birds singing in the garden. Bathroom facilities were very good with a really decent shower – easily controlled to your exact pleasure.

Amazing Hotel!
    • Superior Deluxe Room with Spa Bath

Amazing Hotel! We liked everything about it ,lovely room with a great balcony,sexy decorated with black and red colors,everyone is so nice and professional ,best choice for couples to enjoy the city in style

Enjoyed this unique property
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The only comment is about the slippery bathtub/shower.For older people this is a scary experience.

The staff is very helpful.The rooms and all other areas are beautiful with comfortable beds.Breakfast is plentiful.

What makes The Toren really special, is the staff, Congratulations!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We found the bed a little too soft, not much cupboard space, and it would have been nice to have a room overlooking the water but apart from that, we loved it.

We found the staff to be wonderfully friendly and very helpful. They accommodated us with all that we asked for, and The Toren is old and beautiful, quiet with just the bell tower letting you know what time it is. We found it to be a very convenient spot, and close to the tram line that we caught into town.

It was amazing overall!
    • Standard Double Room with Canal View

The room was pretty small even for two people with not a lot of storage space. In our room specifically, 228, the air conditioner did not run that well. We just opened the window though.

The staff was AMAZING! They immediately gave us a list of recommendations for restaurants in the area. The breakfast/bar area was also very well put-together. Breakfast in the morning was always superb and the bar at night has some of the best gin and tonics in all of Amsterdam.

The reception where very nice and helped with every question...
    • Standard Double Room with Extra Bed - Private House

The reception where very nice and helped with every question or request that we had. The location is good, if you looking for a quite era at night and not so touristic as the Dam but 2 min walk from great coffees at 9 streets. We were 3 and the room and bathroom were big enough and very clean. Maybe not my kind of design taste but still very nice and comfortable. You can also skip bringing your shampoo the hotel uses Ritual excellent products. Definitely will stay here again!

Really happy with this hotel, the location, and staff! Recommend!

This is the first time in 20+ years of traveling to Europe that breakfast was an extra charge. That said, the breakfast was lovely. Maybe not 14€ lovely, but good!

Room was small but very comfortable, appreciated CNN on my TV! Bar was good, staff was very friendly and accommodating, location is great!!

You have to stay here!
    • Canal View Superior Deluxe Room with Spa Bath

Absolutely everything! This hotel is absolutely fantastic, not one thing that we didn't love. We would stay here again and again if we return to Amsterdam. The staff are also wonderful friendly, helpful and fantastic at making you feel special! PS the bed is to die for

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Lack of cupboard space in room Lack of ease for electric power points Hairdryer in bathroom lack of power Which made hair dryer accessibility in room awkward

Good breakfast

Romantic opulence right on one of Amsterdam's prettiest canals!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was really excellent and you are right there in the canal. The hotel is very well situated and the staff go out of their way to be helpful.

Browse The Toren traveller photo gallery