Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Mystic 3 stars

6 Hendel Drive, Mystic, CT 06355, USA

#3 of 15 hotels in Mystic

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The view from our room was the parking lot and a trailer park, so not much too look at.

Comfy bed and pillows. Location was great for Mystic Aquarium. Breakfast had a nice variety to choose from.

The only small issue was that the totally disposable cups, plates, bowls, cutlery etc at breakfast were a little depressing. They were at least made mostly from recycled materials and apparently fully-recyclable, but everything went into the same bin. So my guess is that it all went to landfill.

Everything was pretty much spot on with my stay here. I liked the homemade cookies at 5pm and the near constant access to gratis coffee!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There wasn’t a safe in our room, like a normal hotel would. However we didn’t really need it

The beds were great, breakfast was superb, coffee was always hot and fresh

• Hearing Accessible King - With Bathtub - Non-smoking

Everything as far as we were concerned was on target!!!

Eggs were fluffy and the entire breakfast was better than expected. The bed was comfortable and the entire facility was clean and pleasant, the treatment and workers were polite and professional.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Could have been a little cleaner. I pulled out a table from the wall and something brown and sticky was all over the wall.

Great location. Indoor pool is wonderful since my four year old twins love that more than anything. LOVE that they accept pets and don’t charge a rediculous fee.

• Hearing Accessible King - With Bathtub - Non-smoking

side door did not close & lock after exiting and entering. I mention it to the staff but it took 2 days for someone to look at it. As a woman traveling alone I saw this as a HUGH safety risk. Something like this will make me hesitate staying there again, as I travel to Mystic 2-4 times a year.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the noise of our neighbors they slammed there door all night, they were loud when speaking and just flat out uncourtious of the rooms around them.

I liked everything actually that had to do with location, cleanliness , food and staff

• Studio Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was not cleaned one day. And last year when we stayed the same thing happened twice. So management needs to step up and have the cleaning employees make rounds a few times to see what they have missed.

The room is a good size and the bed was comfortable.

• Hearing Accessible King - With Bathtub - Non-smoking

There weren’t any real views from the room, but that’s more dependent on the area than the hotel.

The staff was very friendly. It was close to old mystic village and the aquarium. There was a microwave and refrigerator in the room.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I loved everything. It really was perfect. If I had to change anything, I wish we could have swam once we got there, we walked in after 10, totally fine. It wasn't a bad thing , just a wish... we are mermaids. They clearly post the times, it wasn't them, it was us.

We got in really really late but needed to unwind. I had my family with me that there were board games and cards in the lobby to play with. It was perfectly perfect. It was nice to see each other face to face and smile after a really long road trip.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Had to complain about rowdy guests late at night.

Couldn't get comfortable with the pillows. Not supportive enough. First day breakfast was awful. "Bagel topper" has to go.

I wish there were more hook in the room for hanging towels, wet bathing suits etc.

Bed was very comfortable. Loved the coffee all day. Left a bathing suit cover-up behind and when I called they had it and held it for me till I came back through on Tuesday to pick up.

The pool has way too much chlorine .. it needs to be ventilated better .. I felt as if all I could breathe in was chlorine

Great food , was nice & clean !

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the pillows were awful! bring your own if you can

Included breakfast and indoor pool made this a fantastic value for families. Be aware, then, if you are traveling without children and prefer it that way. That said, the location was not noisy. Very convenient to the Aquarium. Rooms had minifridge and microwave and there is a grocery store not far from the aquarium, which made this a great jumping off location for our multi-day Mystic Seaport vacation. I would not hesitate to stay there again!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was only average. Not enough healthy options. Also the amount of plastic waste was disturbing. I understand it’s a resource issue but reuseble utensils and cups and some recycling would help off set a little.

Very friendly staff and very clean hotel rooms and hotel in general.

• Hearing Accessible King - With Bathtub - Non-smoking

The mattress, though firm enough felt " bare bones"...but not plush top. Also, just 2 towels, 2 hand towels, 2 wash cloths...a 3rd if each would have been nice.

Available

The eggs for breakfast were like eating powder, Hampton Inn is my favorite go to hotel, but the eggs need a review by the company

Clean, compfy and always a pleasure

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I can agree with being GREEN but the recycled toilet paper and tissues were the worst! A brown paper bag is a GOOD comparison.

Breakfeast was great, plenty of everything, food was hot. Till the next guest left the lid open on the eggs and bacon. Not the hotels fault just LAZY people. Coffee was always full and hot. Lots of options tea hot chocolate.

I requested a hand held shower head, and when I got to the room, the bathroom did not have what I requested, I did see in the picture. Other than that is was very nice place to stay.

The beds were nice to sleep in.

No hot tub. Kids running up and down the hallway at midnight yelling and had to call service desk twice to get it calmed down.

Breakfast was good and convenient. Room was clean. Next door to DD was a huge plus!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bigger fitness room, more basis amenities

The bedding was very comfortable- unlike many other hotels. Pool area is kept clean. Breakfast was great. Definitely a clean comfortable room for the price! And the staff was very friendly.

Had a toilet clog they made me come get a plunger and take care of it myself. Didn’t think that was very accommodating.🤨

Breakfast better than expected.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pool was dirty and pool area was neglected. Very disappointing. The room had an off smell and I was unsure of the cleanliness of the overall room.

Staff was great. Breakfast was very nice

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Excellent location Mystic Aquarium, my granddaughter 6th birthday, all she wanted was to swim in the pool. Everything was excellent for our stay! Pool clean, room comfortable and free breakfast great!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pooltowels were too thin & small.

Staff very friendly & helpful. Pool was nice but could have been a little warmer. Room was clean & bed was very comfortable. Loved that the room had a frig & microwave.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Real eggs at breakfast would have been better.

All the staff were lovely. Free coffee always available. My kid loved the pool. Decent breakfast in the morning. Good location to downtown Mystic.

The staff in charge of the breakfast station were exceptional. On top of everything. The two men were very friendly, and were on the spot for refills, cleaning, etc in literally seconds all the time!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was comfy, staff was very helpful and so pleasant! Real fast each morning was very good with a great selection. There was a hot chocolate bar in the lobby each evening and complimentary coffee all day. The location was close to everything we wanted to see. Will definitely stay again next time!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was good, I’m just not a huge fan of buffet style during flu season. We tried to get there early to a skid the “rush” and there were a few families who allowed their children to get their own food so it turned me away from some of the items I may have chosen to eat.

Very Friendly staff and comfortable room. Kids had a fun time in the pool. Quiet.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

A dog play pace, as small as it could be, would be a great addition; however I am very satisfied with our visit.

I can only say good things about this hotel; everything was great, the facilities, the staff, the room, the breakfast! An added bonus is that they are very wot friendly but at the same time concerned for the health of all guests. Thank you!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My daughter& granddaughter loved the pool, she is 3years old they had a tea party in the lobby with the toys that were there, while drinking her hot chocolate and eating her cookie. would come back again.

• Studio Suite - Non-Smoking

Me and my husband went to Mystic for our I year wedding Anniversary and stayed here for 2 nights. We really had a great stay the location was perfect close to Mystic, and both casinos! It was perfect! The room was a great size and very clean! Loved the 24/7 coffee and tea they had out! Would def go there again.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Loud kids screaming at 6:00 am. I know this is beyond your control but maybe quiet hours can be strictly enforced since parents now a Days are incapable of disciplining their children.

Breakfast was more than most places. Best coffee. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was not cleaned very well. There was still hair left from the last person who stayed there, dirt in the corners of the bathroom and spiders. I found a spider in the bed and in the bathroom.

• Studio Suite - Non-Smoking

Found hair in our bed when we arrived and on the blow dryer. Bed was squeaky and not very comfortable.

Breakfast was buffet and had variety. Rooms were big and had a nice kitchen space. Huge mirrors and large bed.

Towels and bed could have been softer. Would have been nice to have a meat option with breakfast like sausage or bacon. Maybe cut fruits for the waffles (that were delicious). The view from the room wasn't the greatest - overlooked a trailer park.

All of the staff we encountered were the friendliest people we've met! The coffee was amazing! Breakfast overall was good. Room cleanliness was good.

the bed is a little hard and the comforter was really heavy with a scratchy trim near head. if there had been another blanket on the bed that would have been nice to have the option.

pleasantly surprised with the comfort of the main lobby with the fire place and comfy chairs and couches to lounge around while drinking free coffee, tea and hot cocoa! Breakfast was also yummy. we stayed two nights and each morning had a different hot meat to go with the scrambled eggs. I loved the fresh made waffles too! Great location as well. walking distance to Mystic Village and Aquarium. Only 15-20 minute ride to the casinos.

We checked in late the man checking us in was sweet and made it simple and fast since we were tired. He was very helpful about what the hotel offered.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The scrambled eggs didn’t tast authentic, I don’t enjoy “powdered” or boxed eggs. The lobby should have quiet times (especially early in the mornings and later in the evenings) the T.V. Shouldn’t be on all the time, especially NOT news the news channel (in particular CNN!).

The bed was very comfortable, the pool was fun for our kids and we enjoyed the lobby and complimentary breakfast! The music was soft and not blaring. Classical music would be nice.

• Studio Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast, the number of bed pillows, and the tv size could've been better, for the quality of the hotel brand.

The suite size was excellent. I also liked the setup of the suite.

I was very impressed at how well kept up this place was especially for the value which made it even better!! The complimentary breakfast was also very impressive! Had a great variety to choose from. Also had a coffee station that was open 24/7. We stayed an extra night! We am planning on staying here every time we travel to the area. A definite 5 stars rating for this INN

We assumed because there was an indoor pool there would also be a hot tub but that wasn't the case.

The staff was great and happy to answer questions about the area. Great location. The suite was very big. Counter space above the sink and fridge was convenient.

Clean and large room, comfortable large bed. Friendly staff, complimentary coffee and tea available throughout the stay. Nice reception area with a Christmas feel. The indoor pool was a nice bonus, water temperature was pleasant, good for some swimming. Breakfast is not the strongest point in the Hampton hotels, but this we expected. The waffles were good, though.

Room was a shower,not a tub,soap dish on vanity was dirty. There wasn't any literature in room on recommended restaurants in area.was a one night

Breakfast was good,not as warm as I'd like.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff excellent and breakfast was amazing. Had a little problem checking in at first but the clerk called the supervisor and it was resolved. Other than that bed was good and room clean.

I have nothing to complain about!

The entire experience was wonderful! The hotel was very clean, staff was lovely and breakfast was great! We used the pool as well and enjoyed that a great deal! I would definitely recommend this to anyone and I would happily stay here again!

Rug in room needed to be shampooed. Bathroom fixtures were loose. Room was not worth the high weekend price. Desk chair in room had ripped upholstery. Window looked out on a quiet trailer park. While lobby was pleasant the room was not.

Staff was pleasant, lobby was attractive, breakfast was very good. Easy to get to.

• Hearing Accessible Two Queens- With Bathtub - Non-smoking

I really couldn't ask for more.

Everything was so nice, good service, clean and great breakfast. We found all the staff to be helpful and our room was large and comfortable and clean. My grandson who is 10 asked "can we come back?" The kids loved the pool and I love the coffee and tea available all the time.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our conference was at Mohegan Sun and there were no rooms available there. The Hampton Inn is only about 10-15 min. drive and it is an easy drive. Mystic is also a nice place to be, so we found the experience pleasurable. The room was comfortable and clean. Internet was good.

I've stayed at Hampton inn & suites in several states and based on that excellent experience, booked 2 nights at the one in Mystic, CT...big mistake.

Spacious lobby and a good breakfast. The room, however, had a view of a trailer park. We stayed 2 nights and had to ask for it to be cleaned though we were out of the room for 4 hours. They also never replaced the empty tissue box.

The fact that the power went out one of the mornings, but that was no fault of the property.

I was happy with the entire experience at the Hampton Inn. Would definitely make that my place to go on the next trip to that area.

Pillows were super flat. Could have used at least 2 or 3 more each. But that's my only complaint!

A good hot breakfast, right on 95, close to lots of things to do, excellent staff, super clean, very nice bathroom, fridge and microwave in the room for snacks and leftovers.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Absolutely no complaints-keep up the good work! Will recommend highly!

First class treatment by staff, surprisingly good breakfast selection, location a stone's throw from the seaport. Had a wonderful weekend!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

While the room was nice and clean I had a reaction after laying on the bed. Not sure if hypoallergenic detergents are used, maybe a thought for the future.

Everything was spotless and smelled nice and fresh. The staff was incredibly friendly. The snack store was a bonus!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

beds were very comfortable and having a refrigerator and microwave was great. rooms had things you might forget to bring like toothpaste, earplugs, and other small things. the breakfast was good too.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I am not a fan of plastic cutlery and paper plates/cups (cheap and not good for the environment) but I know you get what you pay for.

Big room. Very comfortable. The breakfast was better than expected.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

While room was clean, the common areas were not. Also the decor and furniture could have used updating (especially for the cost of the room).

Very conveniently located. Staff very friendly and helpful.

COFFEE WAS NOT THAT GOOD.

COMFORTABLE BED, LARGE ROOM AND BATHROOM. EVEN THOUGH IT WAS CLOSE TO I-95, IT WAS VERY QUIET. GOOD BREAKFAST OPTIONS, AS MY WIFE AND I EACH HAD SOMETHING DIFFERENT, BUT...

Everything was great!

This is a very nice, very gracious hotel. The rooms are spacious and clean, with all the amenities including refrigerator and microwave. There are plenty of towels and towel bars to hang them. The breakfast offerings are delightful--including eggs, bacon, waffles, yogurt, and even chocolate chips. The hotel is within easy driving distance of several attractions, including the fantastic Mystic Aquarium, a working shipyard (the only shipyard in the world that restores wooden-hulled ships, and where the Mayflower 2 is currently being restored!), and a seaport where you can charter a romantic sail with Poet's Lounge. The hotel also provides a map of the area and a list of recommended restaurants (the Ancient Mariner restaurant on that list is fantastic!). We really enjoyed our stay of two nights at this hotel as we celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The famous cookies were not available until just before dinner (wonder why not all day as at other Hamptons??). This is a really nice touch, but ideally should be offered between Noon and 5pm (and also after dinner).

The beds are always wonderful at Hampton. Staff members were very friendly and efficient. Rooms and all other areas were very clean and updated.

• Studio Suite - Non-Smoking

They had an indoor pool that I was excited to use, but the water was too cold for an indoor pool. It should be at least 84-86 degrees, or even warmer. The food was fair to poor. The room was too big, and poorly set-up. It seemed as though they tried to update, but it was done poorly. The bed was very hard. The TV was at a poor angle. The toilet seat was loose, and the bathtub was too high up that you could have a risk of falling when stepping out. I felt that the rate for the room was ridiculously expensive, for what you got. I asked for extra towels and did not get them.

The staff was very friendly. We loved the nautical pictures

It was all fine

Easy access from main road. Very peaceful surroundings. Easy access into the pretty town of Mystic. Breakfast was good and set us up for the day.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

In the pool area a few pool noodles and kick boards for the kids. We had a slow draining tub. That they said at checkout it would be looked at.

Wow, loved our stay. All the people that worked there were so friendly and always helping. We stayed 2 nights and our beds were very comfortable and we loved that the comforter was not thin and cheep. The breakfast was great there was yummies for everyone. Fresh fruit, waffles, eggs, meat, breads to toast and ceareal bar. For people that were checking out and couldn't stay to east they had a Happy bag with water, apple, nutragrain bar, and a muffin. Awesome. The pool was nice and my son forgot about his googles and a staff member found 2 pairs for my kids and they were so happy. The fitness room was nice and had an elliptical, bike, and 2 treadmills, with a free weights area, medicine balls, exercise ball and the equipment was well maintained. My kids loved it there and my 5 year old daughter left a toy in the fitness room and a staff member found it and gave it back to her. Bathroom in the room was great and very clean. Great Wi-fi connection that is free as a guest. We loved that there was a refrigerator and microwave, little coffee maker with plenty of supplies. What I loved most was the attention to little happy details. There hot cups had mustaches and different smiles on the cup and the hot sleeves were different colors with boy and girl designs like shirts to make each cup different. Loved it. It's all that, that made our stay great!

• Studio Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was a bit crowded, but they opened up a meeting room For the overflow

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Everyone had a smile and a hello

Should have been better cups in bathroom, housekeeping left used paper cups on sink and old coffee cups were left on table. Don't mind dogs, I have one, but think it's important to let people know it's dog friendly.

Nice bed and pillows

The interior was a throwback from the 70's. Brown, olive green, old 70's furniture. Rugs needed deep cleaning. Not a single chair in the room other than a rolling desk chair. Room was very small and the view was terrible. Windows were so dirty we could barley see out. No fan in bathroom. The room didn't seem really clean. Elevator rugs were dirty. Considering that I paid $200 for the night, I feel I was taken.

The breakfast wasn't bad, but not great.

• Studio Suite - Non-Smoking

They would not honor my Hilton rewards since I booked through boooking.com - bummer!

It was a very nice Hampton Inn & Suites. The room was quite large (we were traveling with our 12-year-old daughter who likes to have her own space. The breakfast was delicious and plenty of it as it was a busy summer Saturday. Overall, we enjoyed our stay.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

....some of the guests were rude at breakfast time...but thast is NOT under the hotel staff control...people are...people

the attention that the staff payed to the clealiness of property and confort of guess

• Studio Suite - Non-Smoking

Didn't care too much for the dogs barking in the room next door but overall great. Also they did not have my reservation.

Overall the Staff was friendly. Hotel was clean and the hotel was great at giving extra towels. The Breakfast was really good! Plenty of choices.

• Studio Suite - Non-Smoking

Had to rotate entire dresser in order to watch TV from bed since the theft-proof mounting didn't allow that orientation to be obtained.

Building seemed to be in good repair with all amenities operating properly.

The staff used the side entrance, which was the entrance most guest used, to have their smoking break. Should be gathered elsewhere. We stayed on floor three (top floor). At 1:00 AM one evening, guest allowed their toddlers to be in the hall crying, screaming, etc. It would have been a better experience if guest with children we're assigned rooms away from those without.

The staff was very friendly and responsive. The 24 hour Coffee/tea station was great and thus there was no reason to walk over to D&D next door. Breakfast options we're good. If items we're low, the staff quickly replenished the stations. tables we're immediately and thoroughly cleaned by attendant.

• Studio Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was just ok IMO. We went out for breakfast at Friendly's that was close by.

Stayed for two nights in a studio suite. Room was a good size. This room had a very nice size television as well. Bathroom was also a nice size.

• Studio Suite - Non-Smoking

The room and bathroom was very clean and comfortable, especially liked having a refrigerator and microwave. The breakfast had many choices and the quality of food was very good. It was an added plus in my opinion.

When the people were cleaning the floor the smell of the water they were using was disgusting. They need to use clean water not old dirty water.

Location to venue, location to activities and easy on/off highway.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

toilet clogged upon arrival to room, toilet paper not renewed for entire stay, clogged again day of checkout. the bathroom was odd; toilet very low but sink very high.

bed, parking, staff, comfortable for kids

Browse Hampton Inn & Suites Mystic traveller photo gallery