Melbourne Central YHA
562 Flinders Street, 3000 Melbourne, Australia – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.1/10! (score from 1389 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Stay in the heart of Melbourne – Excellent location - show map
You're eligible for a Genius discount at Melbourne Central YHA! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
Boasting a rooftop terrace with BBQ facilities and amazing views of the CBD, Melbourne Central Hostel is situated within the Free Tram Zone. Guests enjoy a 24/7 reception desk and a large ground floor communal area with a shared kitchen, a TV area, a book exchange, a café/bar and free WiFi in public areas.
Southern Cross Station and the Skybus Terminal are only a 6-minute walk away. Guests can take in the sights at Federation Square, explore Melbourne’s famous laneways or visit a trendy bar.
All rooms include bunk beds, individual reading lights, electronic door locks and access to shared bathroom facilities. The dormitory rooms feature secure luggage lockers and there are private rooms available.
The free City Circle Tram and a $5 Melbourne Tourist Shuttle Bus stop directly outside and visits iconic Melbourne sites such as the MCG, the Shrine of Remembrance and Rod Laver Arena.
A range of activities are available, including movie nights, walking tours, pub crawls and table tennis are available.
This is our guests' favourite part of Melbourne, according to independent reviews.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.2 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Hi, is possible to do a late check in? Around midnight?It is possible. Reception is currently open until midnight but there is an emergency number you can call if you need to check in later than this. Let ..Answered on 12 May 2022
- Hi, are the hair dryers and/or irons available to rent? Thank you!Hi! Yes, we do have hair dryers and clothes irons available at reception upon request!Answered on 10 January 2023
- Hi Do you have any luggage storage facilities?Hello, We have paid storage lockers at the back of the hostel just past the kitchen area. You can pay with coins or card. Regards, Melbourne Central YHAAnswered on 29 April 2022
- Is there parking available and how much does it costWe have no parking available at Melbourne Central YHAAnswered on 14 November 2019
- can you suggest local bike hire please?There is a company called Blue Tongue Bike Rentals (Formerly Freddy's Bike Tours) and they operate in the Melbourne CBD near our property. You can fin..Answered on 19 August 2022
- Still looking?
- Outdoor furniture
- BBQ facilities
- Shared kitchen
- Walking tours
- Movie nights
- Pub crawlsAdditional charge
- Table tennis
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Luggage storageAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- 24-hour front desk
- Board games/puzzles
- Adult only
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
00:00 - 00:00
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in
Until 10:00 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children are not allowed.
Cot and extra bed policies
Cots and extra beds are not available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
Melbourne Central YHA accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please kindly note that there are construction and development projects going on to the side of the building.
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to help protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property has reduced reception and service operating hours.
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
Bar is closed from Mon 25 Apr 2022 until Mon 09 May 2022
FAQs about Melbourne Central YHA
The prices at Melbourne Central YHA may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
Guests staying at Melbourne Central YHA can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 7.5).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Check-in at Melbourne Central YHA is from 00:00, and check-out is until 10:00.
Melbourne Central YHA is 0.6 miles from the centre of Melbourne.
Melbourne Central YHA offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Table tennis
- Pub crawls
- Movie nights
- Walking tours