Stay in the heart of Calgary – Excellent location – show map
Located in the heart of Calgary, a daily breakfast and continuous free coffee and tea is provided at HI-Calgary City Center. The City Hall transit stop is 2 minutes away and offers free transport within the city center. Free WiFi is included.
Shared bathrooms facilities are provided for dormitory guests. A 40" flat-screen cable TV, a desk and an private bathroom are offered in the private guest rooms.
A billiards table, 60” flat-screen TV and BBQ facilities are available to guests of HI Calgary City Center. Laundry facilities and 24-hour reception are also offered on site. Guests can relax in the reading room. A guest kitchen offers added guest convenience.
Studio Bell and Central Library are a 3 minutes' walk from the property. Calgary Stampede is 10 minutes’ from the property, while the US Consulate is 5 minutes' walk away. Calgary Airport Shuttle bus is 2 blocks away from the hostel. Allied Airport Shuttle Bus stops across the street from the hostel, and the Banff Express shuttle offer pickup at the hostel for daily trips to Canmore and Banff.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 8.8 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
ATM & Currency Exchange: Need cash? There's an ATM and a currency exchange service at this property.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Is it quiet at night?YesAnswered on September 20, 2019
- Do you have parking spots?Hello, The hostel does not offer any parking but there is street parking available or a private lot adjacent to the hostel. The street parking is free..Answered on June 30, 2022
- Are sheets and towels included?Yes. It's free of charge.Answered on September 20, 2019
- I have booked for July 2022. My flight comes in late at night, what are my options for getting to the hostel via public transportation? Also, is break..Hi, There are always public cabs at the airport till late in the night, so you should be good if you arrive late . Also, Yes free complimentary breakf..Answered on May 6, 2022
- Do you have a common area with wifi outside the bedroom to work remotely at night without disturbing others? Thank you!We have a reading room where guests may work; we also have a TV room which is also usually nice and quiet so teleconferencing will not cause disturban..Answered on October 30, 2022
- Still looking?
Most popular amenities
From 4:00 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 18 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
HI Calgary City Centre - Hostel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
- All the residents outside Calgary are welcome to stay with us.
- Special policies apply for group stays of 10 or more people and different terms and conditions will apply. We do not accommodate guests for more than 21 days.
- During the Calgary Stampede (July 6-16, 2023) we charge the reservation in full 7 days prior to your arrival. It is also subject to a 7-day cancellation fee; it is non refundable, non transferable, and changes are not permitted.
- For the safety and comfort of all guests, children 12 and under are accommodated in private rooms only. Children aged 13 to 17 who stay in shared dorm rooms must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Parking is available on a first-come, first served basis. There is street parking (free from 6pm-9am daily and all day Sunday) or a private lot adjacent to the hostel. Availability is not guaranteed.
- Please note that the property does not accept reservations from local residents.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), make sure you're booking this property in accordance with the destination's local government guidelines, including (but not limited to) the purpose of travel and maximum group size.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
It's not possible to stay at this property for coronavirus (COVID-19) quarantine purposes.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
Please inform HI Calgary City Centre - Hostel of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
FAQs about HI Calgary City Centre - Hostel
The prices at HI Calgary City Centre - Hostel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Guests staying at HI Calgary City Centre - Hostel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 7.6).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Check-in at HI Calgary City Centre - Hostel is from 4:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
HI Calgary City Centre - Hostel offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Pool table
- Game room
- Movie nights
- Bicycle rental
From the nearest airport, you can get to HI Calgary City Centre - Hostel by:
- Bus 1h
HI Calgary City Centre - Hostel is 1,000 feet from the center of Calgary.