Slavija Culture Heritage Hotel
Buvinina 2, 21000 Split, Croatia – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.8/10! (score from 487 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1-10. To get the overall score that you see, we add up all the review scores we’ve received and divide that total by the number of review scores we’ve received. In addition, guests can give separate ‘subscores’ in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value for money and free Wi-Fi. Note that guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently, so there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an Accommodation that you booked through our Platform if you stayed there or if you arrived at the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, please contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialise in detecting fake reviews submitted to our Platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone else who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team, so our Fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we would publish every review we receive, whether positive or negative. However, we won’t display any review that includes or refers to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive information (e.g. emails, phone numbers or credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (e.g. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out, and we may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old – or if the Accommodation has a change of ownership.
An Accommodation may choose to reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (what language a review is in, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). If you like, you can sort and/or filter them (by time of year, review score, etc.).
We sometimes show external review scores from other well-known travel websites. We make it clear when we’ve done this.
Guidelines and standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly without limiting expression of strong opinions. They are also applicable regardless of the sentiment of the comment.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include 'hate speech', discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, and the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options may be available (by type of traveller, by score, etc.).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
You're eligible for a Genius discount at Slavija Culture Heritage Hotel! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.Located within the historic walls of the UNESCO-protected Diocletian’s Palace in Split, Hotel Slavija offers free internet, a 24-hour reception, and air-conditioned rooms with satellite TV.
Most of the bright and comfortable rooms offer private balconies with panoramic views of Split. The rooms overlook church towers, narrow Dalmatian streets and some rooms have views on the Marjan Hill.
Guests can start their day with the continental breakfast served each morning in the restaurant or in the room, and the service is free of charge. Guests of the Slavija enjoy reductions at some of the nearby restaurants.
The port of Split and the main train and bus station are 350 yards away. The airport bus stops 200 yards away. The Slavija Hotel is right next to the Jupiter Sanctuary, and only 40 yards from Split Cathedral.
This is our guests' favourite part of Split, according to independent reviews.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.8 for a two-person trip.Slavija Culture Heritage Hotel has been welcoming Booking.com guests since 4 Feb 2010.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Are the rooms on the ground floor? If not, is a lift available?The rooms are placed on 4 different levels. We have an elevator from the reception level.Answered on 5 February 2020
- Hello, I arrive to Split around 9pm so Im not sure how long it will take to get to the hotel and the check in times you have stated is 11:30pm max. So..Dear Yasmin, Thank you for your question. Usual checkins are done till 11:30PM, but if you arrive later than that, we'd still be able to check you in..Answered on 20 July 2021
- Can I store luggage there while I am sightseeing after I check out? Do you provide transportation from the airport?We have a storage room where you can leave your luggage after check-out. We provide transportation from and to the airport, the price depends on the n..Answered on 12 January 2023
- Can you provide direct transfer from your hotel directly to my next Dubrovnik hotel or center ? How much? How long? Will that be quicker than bus?Dear guests, please contact the hotel directly to give you instructions and info regarding transfers.Answered on 12 September 2021
- I Do we have to use stairs to get to the hotel’s entrance? how many steps.? Do we have to use the stairs to go to the breakfast room?Hotel "Slavija" is located on the Main Promenade, within pedestrian zone. Hotel is equipped with elevator that reaches all Hotels area. If you need ..Answered on 16 March 2023
- Still looking?
- Para di šoto
- CuisineMediterranean • Middle Eastern • Seafood • Local • Croatian
- Open forBreakfast • Brunch • Dinner • High tea • Cocktail hour
- Dietary optionsVegetarian • Vegan • Gluten-free • Dairy-free
- Toilet paper
- Bath or shower
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- City view
- Landmark view
- Cleaning products
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Bicycle rentalAdditional charge
- Cooking classAdditional charge
- Tour or class about local cultureAdditional charge
- Happy hourAdditional charge
- Bike toursAdditional charge
- Walking toursAdditional charge
- SnorkellingAdditional charge
- DivingAdditional charge
- HikingAdditional charge
- CanoeingAdditional charge
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable channels
- Coffee house on site
- FruitsAdditional charge
- Wine/champagneAdditional charge
- Kid-friendly buffet
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Snack bar
- Street parking
- Invoice provided
- Private check-in/check-out
- Concierge service
- Luggage storage
- Tour desk
- Express check-in/check-out
- 24-hour front desk
- Daily housekeeping
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Fax/photocopyingAdditional charge
- Business centreAdditional charge
- Meeting/banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key card access
- Key access
- 24-hour security
- Shuttle serviceAdditional charge
- Designated smoking area
- Air conditioning
- Non-smoking throughout
- Wake-up service
- Car hire
- Packed lunches
- Family rooms
- Barber/beauty shop
- Airport shuttleAdditional charge
- Non-smoking rooms
- Room service
- Upper floors accessible by elevator
From 14:30 to 23:30
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in
From 04:00 to 10:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
Children aged 18 years and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Cots and extra beds are not available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
Cash Slavija Culture Heritage Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
Please inform Slavija Culture Heritage Hotel in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.
FAQs about Slavija Culture Heritage Hotel
Check-in at Slavija Culture Heritage Hotel is from 14:30, and check-out is until 10:00.
Room options at Slavija Culture Heritage Hotel include:
The prices at Slavija Culture Heritage Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
Slavija Culture Heritage Hotel offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Walking tours
- Cooking class
- Happy hour
- Bicycle rental
- Bike tours
- Tour or class about local culture
The nearest beach is just 1,000 yards from Slavija Culture Heritage Hotel.
Guests staying at Slavija Culture Heritage Hotel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.6).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Slavija Culture Heritage Hotel has 1 restaurant:
- Para di šoto
Slavija Culture Heritage Hotel is 150 yards from the centre of Split.