We’re sorry, but this property isn’t taking reservations on our site right now. Don’t worry, you can find tons of other nearby properties right here.
Hotel Palazzo Barbarigo Sul Canal Grande
Sestiere San Polo 2765, San Polo, 30125 Venice, Italy – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.2/10! (score from 61 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1-10. To get the overall score that you see, we add up all the review scores we’ve received and divide that total by the number of review scores we’ve received. In addition, guests can give separate ‘subscores’ in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value for money and free Wi-Fi. Note that guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently, so there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an Accommodation that you booked through our Platform if you stayed there or if you arrived at the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, please contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialise in detecting fake reviews submitted to our Platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone else who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team, so our Fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we would publish every review we receive, whether positive or negative. However, we won’t display any review that includes or refers to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive information (e.g. emails, phone numbers or credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (e.g. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out, and we may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old – or if the Accommodation has a change of ownership.
An Accommodation may choose to reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (what language a review is in, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). If you like, you can sort and/or filter them (by time of year, review score, etc.).
We sometimes show external review scores from other well-known travel websites. We make it clear when we’ve done this.
Guidelines and standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly without limiting expression of strong opinions. They are also applicable regardless of the sentiment of the comment.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include 'hate speech', discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, and the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options may be available (by type of traveller, by score, etc.).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
You're eligible for a Genius discount at Hotel Palazzo Barbarigo Sul Canal Grande! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.Stay directly on Venice's Grand Canal and enjoy an intimate atmosphere and stunning interior design that mixes modern classical decoration with the original 16th-century construction of Palazzo Barbarigo.
Start your day with Hotel Barbarigo's free and very rich breakfast buffet featuring a wide variety of fresh foods and fruits.
After a busy day sightseeing or attending to business, relax in Hotel Barbarigo's peaceful atmosphere with a cocktail and a snack at the stylish bar.
The luxuriously decorated rooms at Palazzo Barbarigo reflect classical or Art-Déco design. You will have views on the Rio San Polo canal or the Grand Canal. Standard in-room amenities include laundry service, which is available at an additional cost, a large LCD TV and free Wi-Fi.
Arrive by boat or gondola at Hotel Palazzo Barbarigo, equipped with a private dock at its main entrance.
Friendly and professional staff will assist you during your stay. Airport transfers can be arranged on request.
This is our guests' favourite part of Venice, according to independent reviews.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.3 for a two-person trip.Hotel Palazzo Barbarigo Sul Canal Grande has been welcoming Booking.com guests since 17 Sept 2009.
- Hi, do all rooms have balcony’s over looking the canal? ThanksHello, thank you for your question. We have no rooms with balcony. We have only one balcony situated in common area -bar. Our best junior suite has th..Answered on 8 March 2021
- For the balcony breakfast first come first serve or booking required ?Thank you for your question. Our famous romantic balcony is reserved at breakfast for our vip Grand Canal junior suite n. 10. The other guests may enj..Answered on 11 April 2022
- I didn’t select the gondola ride add-on when booking my reservation, however, can this be purchased directly through the hotel at a later date? ThanksGondola ride, like other tours and services, may be booked during your stay. Our concierge will be happy to suggest you all the best options depending..Answered on 14 March 2023
- I just want to confirm that you have an airport shuttle as shown in the listing. If so, how much is it and how long does it take? Thanks.The quickest and the more suggestive means of transport from Marco Polo airport is the private watertaxi: in 30 minutes it will take you directly to o..Answered on 14 March 2023
- Is the hotel only accessible by water?Our mail entrance is on the Grand Canal, where we have a private deck for arrivals by water taxi and for gondola tours. Moreover, as every palace on t..Answered on 17 November 2021
- Still looking?
- Toilet paper
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- City view
- Outdoor furniture
- Children's high chair
- Socket near the bed
- Cooking classAdditional chargeOff-site
- Tour or class about local cultureAdditional charge
- Happy hourAdditional charge
- Walking toursAdditional charge
- Temporary art galleries
- Golf course (within 3 km)Additional charge
- Streaming service (like Netflix)
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable channels
- Satellite channels
- FruitsAdditional charge
- Wine/champagneAdditional charge
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Snack bar
- Breakfast in the room
- Invoice provided
- Concierge service
- Luggage storage
- Tour desk
- Express check-in/check-out
- 24-hour front desk
- Daily housekeeping
- Trouser pressAdditional charge
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Meeting/banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- 24-hour security
- Safety deposit box
- Shuttle serviceAdditional charge
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Grocery deliveriesAdditional charge
- Designated smoking area
- Air conditioning
- Non-smoking throughout
- Allergy-free room
- Wake-up service
- Soundproof rooms
- Family rooms
- Ironing facilities
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Airport shuttleAdditional charge
- Non-smoking rooms
- Room service
- Emergency cord in bathroom
- Lower bathroom sink
- Higher level toilet
- Toilet with grab rails
- Wheelchair accessible
- Upper floors accessible by elevator
- MassageAdditional charge
From 14:00 to 00:00
From 07:00 to 12:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
Children aged 11 years and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Prices for cots and extra beds are not included in the total price, and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cots allowed is dependent on the option you choose. Please check your selected option for more information.
All cots and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
Cash Hotel Palazzo Barbarigo Sul Canal Grande accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please inform Hotel Palazzo Barbarigo Sul Canal Grande in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.
FAQs about Hotel Palazzo Barbarigo Sul Canal Grande
Guests staying at Hotel Palazzo Barbarigo Sul Canal Grande can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.8).
Breakfast option(s) include:
The prices at Hotel Palazzo Barbarigo Sul Canal Grande may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
Hotel Palazzo Barbarigo Sul Canal Grande offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Golf course (within 3 km)
- Walking tours
- Tour or class about local culture
- Temporary art galleries
- Cooking class
- Happy hour
Hotel Palazzo Barbarigo Sul Canal Grande is 800 yards from the centre of Venice.
Room options at Hotel Palazzo Barbarigo Sul Canal Grande include:
Check-in at Hotel Palazzo Barbarigo Sul Canal Grande is from 14:00, and check-out is until 12:00.