The Dunstane Houses
4 West Coates/5 Hampton Terrace, Edinburgh, EH12 5JQ, United Kingdom –
Luxury Wee Double at Dunstane House
Luxury King Double at Dunstane House
Classic Wee Double at Hampton House
Classic Deluxe Double/Twin at Hampton House
Classic Wee Single
In a peaceful corner of Edinburgh’s West End, a short walk from Haymarket and 15 minutes’ drive from Edinburgh airport, The Dunstane Houses is an independent, 35-bedroom boutique hotel spread over two stately Victorian townhouses on opposite sides of the road: Dunstane House and Hampton House. Dating back to 1865, but inspired by the best of modern-day Scotland, the family-run hotel combines heritage good looks with warm, personal service and a fresh, contemporary outlook. The bedrooms and interiors throughout Dunstane House and public ares of Hampton House have been stylishly redesigned to pay tribute to the building’s neoclassical character and the owners’ Orcadian heritage, without compromising on modern comfort. The newly opened Ba’ Bar & Lounge specialises in food made with local, seasonal Scottish produce from small suppliers, and hosts relaxed but refined all-day dining, including daily afternoon tea. It offers a wide range of fine wines, craft beers, artisanal spirits and one of the most extensive rare-whisky selections in the city, with more than 70 varieties in its vintage wall cabinet.
Property surroundings – Guests loved walking around the neighbourhood!
- Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art 0.4 miles
- Murrayfield Stadium 0.5 miles
- Saint Mary's Cathedral 0.5 miles
- Scottish Widows Bank Plc 0.8 miles
- Royal Victoria Hospital 0.9 miles
- Usher Hall 0.9 miles
- Filmhouse Cinema 0.9 miles
- The Royal Bank of Scotland 0.9 miles
- The Georgian House 0.9 miles
- Charlotte Square 0.9 miles
Most popular landmarks
- Edinburgh Castle 1.1 miles
- Royal Mile 1.4 miles
- Edinburgh Military Tattoo 1.4 miles
- University of Edinburgh 1.5 miles
- Edinburgh Zoo 1.6 miles
- Edinburgh Festival Theatre 1.7 miles
- Omni Centre 1.8 miles
- Edinburgh Playhouse 1.9 miles
- Forth Bridge 7.8 miles
- Dalhousie Castle 8.2 miles
Restaurants and markets
- Tesco Supermarket 0.1 miles
- The Jolly Botanist Cafe/bar 0.5 miles
- Scran and Scallie Restaurant 1 miles
- Edinburgh Airport 5.2 miles
- Glasgow Airport 46.9 miles
- Glasgow Prestwick Airport 60.6 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
The Ba Bar and Lounge
Cuisine: Scottish, Seafood
Open for: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, High tea
4 reasons to choose The Dunstane Houses
Why book with us
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
They speak 2 languages
Booking is safe
Most popular facilities
- Outdoor furniture
Pets are not allowed.
- Bicycle rental (additional charge)
- Golf course (within 3 km) (Additional charge)
Food & Drink
- Fruits (Additional charge)
- Bottle of water
- Wine/champagne (Additional charge)
- Breakfast in the room
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Internet via modem is available in the hotel rooms and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
- Concierge service
- Luggage storage
- 24-hour front desk
Entertainment and family services
- Books, DVDs, music for children
- Board games/puzzles
- Daily maid service
- Dry cleaning (Additional charge)
- Laundry (Additional charge)
- Fax/photocopying (Additional charge)
- Meeting/banquet facilities (Additional charge)
- Non-smoking throughout
- Safety deposit box
- Bridal suite
- Non-smoking rooms
- Room service
What topic(s) would you like to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your thoughts help us figure out what kind of information we should be asking properties for.Back to property
Sorry, but it seems like something went wrong in submitting this. Would you mind trying again?Retry
From 15:00 hours
Until 12:00 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and extra beds
All children are welcome.
One child under 12 years is charged GBP 30 per night when using existing beds.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 4 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
The Dunstane Houses accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Please note that the rooms are set across 2 buildings, Dunstane House and Hampton House.
When booking an extra bed guests must confirm this directly with the hotel at least 48 hours prior to arrival
Please inform The Dunstane Houses in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.